The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited December 2010
    On the off chance that there's an afterlife, it had better be purely Art Deco in style.

I'd rather it be completely customizable.
  • edited December 2010
    Personally I'd like a film noir afterlife that I could stereotypically narrate over.
  • edited December 2010
    I like Supernatural's take on Heaven, where everyone gets their own section that's their ideal afterlife (for example, Ash the mulleted redneck's heaven is the Roadhouse). The only part that blows is that you can't get between them and visit people unless you're really good with string theory (like Ash the mulleted redneck, who apparently went to MIT).

Supernatural's take on Hell, on the other hand...it's about as terrifying as Hell ought to be.
  • edited December 2010
    Lemme guess, it also has to be underwater?

No, but I'd love it if I could get superpowers.
    mgrant wrote: »
    Personally I'd like a film noir afterlife that I could stereotypically narrate over.

Would everyone wear fedoras and all the women have shady pasts?
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    I'd rather it be completely customizable.

Fair enough. You can customize it any way you like... except for cubist.
    I like Supernatural's take on Heaven, where everyone gets their own section that's their ideal afterlife (for example, Ash the mulleted redneck's heaven is the Roadhouse). The only part that blows is that you can't get between them and visit people unless you're really good with string theory (like Ash the mulleted redneck, who apparently went to MIT).

Supernatural's take on Hell, on the other hand...it's about as terrifying as Hell ought to be.

Again, it seems fair enough but I can see logical problems arising. For example, what if you have no imagination and, thus, no image of your ideal afterlife?
  • edited December 2010
    No, but I'd love it if I could get superpowers.

>lowers laser-pointing sniper rifle

You have chosen...wisely.
  • edited December 2010
    Then it copies someone else's?
    Fair enough. You can customize it any way you like... except for cubist.

You don't like cubism? Still, a cubist afteralife...yeah, not something I'd ever want.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't know why, but the I've always found the thought of a customizable afterlife somewhat...boring. I mean, what's the fun of having everything the way you want it, forever?

...Of course, I've probably been heavily influenced by this.
  • edited December 2010
    Again, it seems fair enough but I can see logical problems arising. For example, what if you have no imagination and, thus, no image of your ideal afterlife?

You're under the impression that you're actively involved in deciding what it looks like. It's one of those "your deepest desire even if it's not something you knew you wanted" sort of things. Also, it seems that it's also able to change, if I remember. I think Dean's Heaven changed through at least a couple of his best childhood memories at some point.

As a side note, I'm totally aware of how bullshit the show is, considering that Dean has been to both Heaven and Hell and is still alive and on Earth (Angels did it, it was during the Biblical apocalypse storyline). I like it anyway.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't know why, but the I've always found the thought of a customizable afterlife somewhat...boring. I mean, what's the fun of having everything the way you want it, forever?

Well, the way I imagine it there's nothing stopping you from visiting someone else's so that should avoid the monotony.
  • edited December 2010
    Would everyone wear fedoras and all the women have shady pasts?

As a woman, I'd say no, not every woman would have a shady past, but yes, everyone would wear fedoras, it would always be night with a light fog and there will be a saxophone wailing in the background
  • edited December 2010
    How ill are you?

So ill.
  • edited December 2010
    >lowers laser-pointing sniper rifle

You have chosen...wisely.
    Laser pointing? Those are pure fiction. If you see the red dot on your chest (USMC Sniper's school teaches to aim for center mass, and they're the best), then the sniper's position is compromised. What you need is an infra-red scope.
    ...Of course, I've probably been heavily influenced by this.
    That's one of my favorite episodes. You win a bottle of finely aged cognac.
    mgrant wrote: »
    As a woman, I'd say no, not every woman would have a shady past, but yes, everyone would wear fedoras, it would always be night with a light fog and there will be a saxophone wailing in the background

The fog can be punctuated by rain, can it not?
  • edited December 2010
    That's one of my favorite episodes. You win a bottle of finely aged cognac.

It's one of mine as well. I watched it about three times in a row when I first saw it. :D
  • edited December 2010
    I'm finally starting the setlist up again. I just did one song and MY ARM HURTS.
  • edited December 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    What's the difference between modern art and the rest of art?

It's all art, it's just a period of time for it. Here's what wikipedia has to clarify for it:

Modern art refers to artistic works produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s, and denotes the style and philosophy of the art produced during that era.[1] The term is usually associated with art in which the traditions of the past have been thrown aside in a spirit of experimentation.[2] Modern artists experimented with new ways of seeing and with fresh ideas about the nature of materials and functions of art. A tendency toward abstraction is characteristic of much modern art.
  • edited December 2010
    On the off chance that there's an afterlife, it had better be purely Art Deco in style.

I was always wondering would I decorate in Art Deco. But that'd lead to buying a gown and copius amounts of hairwax as well in the long run I always thoughts
  • edited December 2010
    also, comrade, i think you dont realize that, despite you complaining about it all the time, cubism is a major part of art deco.
  • edited December 2010
    I seriously think Glee would be a much better show if they cut out most of the singing. Or at least find people who can sing.
  • edited December 2010
    I can't turn back to normal form!!!
  • edited December 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    also, comrade, i think you dont realize that, despite you complaining about it all the time, cubism is a major part of art deco.

Stop pointing out my hypocrisies! Fine, cubism gets to live; but only as a component of Art Deco. Happy?

Wait... wait, what? I... what is this!?
  • edited December 2010
    Well when I'm stuck in my alternate form, I usually just will myself back. Just think "I must return to my normal form."

If you haven't guessed, my alternate form is Pissed off teenager who has had enough of peoples crap.
  • edited December 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »

It does look complicated.
  • edited December 2010
    Currently working on The Little Matchstick Sackgirl on the LBP2 beta. Seriously, the game is awesome.
  • edited December 2010
    coolsome wrote: »
    It does look complicated.

Well played, coolsome! Hardly expected to see anyone bust out game theory.
  • edited December 2010
    I meant i cant get out of THE EXPLAINER and change back to seibert999
  • edited December 2010

bunny_pancake.jpg
  • edited December 2010

When were you ever THE EXPLAINER?
  • edited December 2010
    2 weeks ago (with C.O)
  • edited December 2010

I have no Idea what your talking about.

Anyway, I found blue dragon for Xbox360, dare I say I'm going to enjoy some good ol fashioned turn based RPG.
  • edited December 2010
    who is THE EXPLAINER and why would you want to get out of him/her?
  • edited December 2010
    coolsome wrote: »
    who is THE EXPLAINER and why would you want to get out of him/her?

he is strongbrush1's sidekick and would you like to see me post like this
  • edited December 2010
    he is strongbrush1's sidekick and would you like to see me post like this

I would love to see that post!
  • edited December 2010
    i would not be able to play poker night
  • edited December 2010
    The fog can be punctuated by rain, can it not?

Yes, yes it can.
  • edited December 2010
    Woohoo! My Sam and Max Surfin' the Highway book, and Freelance Police DVD have finally been shipped!

Can't wait to feel them with my own hands! :D

*does a celebratory dance*
  • edited December 2010
    *looks up*

*checks My games page*

Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info.

*sigh*

Also, god damnit, shopping cart stop ****ing resetting >__<
  • edited December 2010
    ssbb_boxart.jpg
    Part of a new category I'll be adding on Mocktendo.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't get why people find Summer Glau even noteworthy, much less like her.

Finished the setlist a while ago. It took about 24 hours from start to finish, including meals, sleeping, various chores, and general zoning out on the internet. 71 five stars, 12 four stars, 1 three star. Apparently I'm better at drums than I thought. Still get my ass handed to me by even the easiest songs on Expert.

Oh, look at that, after an hour, Rock Band 3 has finished "importing" the 45 Rock Band 2 songs I selected. And by importing, I mean re-downloading off the internet. The Rock Band 2 disc wasn't even involved, it just used the save file to make sure I owned the game.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't get why people find Summer Glau even noteworthy, much less like her.

I'd probably say the same thing. If I was dickless.
  • edited December 2010
    I'd probably say the same thing. If I was dickless.
    This is a valid hypothesis.
This discussion has been closed.