The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I'm 44 songs into Rock Band 2's 84 song Endless Setlist 2 on hard drums. I figure I have three hours tops until everyone goes to bed. I'm not sure I can finish the other 40 songs in time. I'd rather not leave my Wii running all night, but I will if I'm forced to quit. My friends and I had to quit on the 80th song when we did it on my friend's PS3, because none of us could clear Visions on hard guitar or bass, the two instruments we were playing with at the time (I can do it on bass now). I don't intend to repeat the experience.
  • edited December 2010
    Final day with VBScript, as long as I pass I don't care what my grade will be.
    I just want to be done with it so I can forget about it again.
  • edited December 2010
    Uh, I need to stop procrastinating and sign up for school.
  • edited December 2010
    Jessica wrote: »
    Wow, so that means that you actually know Santa?
    cool!!

Hehe, I wish... I just know his body double...
    mgrant wrote: »
    Just started "I Borg" so I should probably start a Borg episode count too on the 'generic Star Trek plot' list. Thank god I haven't decided to watch these episodes while playing the Star Trek Drinking game...

Heh, once I tried a Red Dwarf drinking game, and I'm pretty sure I picked a bad episode. Had so many shots I was lying on the couch uncontrollably giggling, and then fell asleep and missed out on all the fun...
  • edited December 2010
    64 songs down, 18 to go, and now my parents go to sleep. My mom just called me and told me that while she can't hear my drumming at all, my dad can't fall asleep. So now I get to either give up on 64 songs (which if you factor out all the pausing since I started about 10 hours ago, is still about four and a half hours at an average of four minutes a song, and I think that's a low estimate) or I get to leave my Wii running paused overnight and finish in the morning.

If I quit now, odds are there's no way I'll have a chance to get the setlist done before I'm allowed to open Rock Band 3 on Christmas. If I leave it paused, then not only does that wear on my Wii, but I get to play the hardest songs in the game in the morning, when my muscles have stiffened up from the 64 goddamn songs I already played. Oh, and the sound of a fan running drives me nuts while I try to fall asleep.

And to think this wouldn't have been an issue if I'd just decided to do it on bass. Oh well, I'll at least take the disc out of the Wii so the drive will stop running.
  • edited December 2010
    Good luck with your challenge, Guru.
    As for me, I'm packing up my computer to go now (if the airport has wifi I'll be able to use it to get in contact with Seamus if we can't find each other. And, more importantly, it will keep be busy for the six hours I'll be waiting for him in the airport :P) and I have no idea how much I'll be online in the next ten days. So you might not see me a lot of me until much closer to the holidays.

Bye everyone, happy holidays and so on if I don't see you until then.
  • edited December 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    As for me, I'm packing up my computer to go now (if the airport has wifi I'll be able to use it to get in contact with Seamus if we can't find each other. And, more importantly, it will keep be busy for the six hours I'll be waiting for him in the airport :P) and I have no idea how much I'll be online in the next ten days. So you might not see me a lot of me until much closer to the holidays.

Have fun Avi, and you have a happy holiday too.

Well, I'm reading at 4 in the morning, why I don't know but it's relaxing.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey guys. If anybody (especially Comrade Pants) wants a girlfriend, I'm willing to hook a lucky Telltaler up with my sister. What do you think of her?

Thats hot, she´s pretty;)
    And the car behind is pretty too!
  • edited December 2010

Have a nice vacation!
  • edited December 2010
    whenever people say modern art sucks because they could totally do it themselves, I just want to flip a table over.
  • edited December 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    whenever people say modern art sucks because they could totally do it themselves, I just want to flip a table over.

I really could totaly do it myself! Wait...what are we talking about again?
  • edited December 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I really could totaly do it myself! Wait...what are we talking about again?

hahahahaha:D
  • edited December 2010
    I've made tons of modern art. I drew a lot of simple shapes when I was four.
  • edited December 2010
    y u do tis 2 me al teh tiem :(
  • edited December 2010
    Remolay wrote: »

DAMMIT I knew I shoulda read the book!
  • edited December 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »

fliping a table over could be considered modern art.
  • edited December 2010
    I wonder what it feels like to be stop motion.
  • edited December 2010
    coolsome wrote: »
    fliping a table over could be considered modern art.
    Only if you place it on a pedestal, give it a pretentious name, and say that it's a statement about something through the veneer of the slightly abstracted mundane in an artistic forum.
  • edited December 2010
    What's the difference between modern art and the rest of art?
  • edited December 2010
    It's modern.
  • edited December 2010
    So... can a comic book be considered modern art?
  • edited December 2010
    I think comics are considered pop art.
  • edited December 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    So... can a comic book be considered modern art?

yes

batman.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    Then, what's with all the modern art hate? Don't you like comics?
  • edited December 2010
    I'm at the airport and I'm bored. Seamus's flight keeps getting delayed :(
  • edited December 2010
    I know a great way to pass the time at an airport. Get some machine guns and militant uniforms and hijack a plane while shrieking in Arabic.
  • edited December 2010
    I know a great way to pass the time at an airport. Get some machine guns and militant uniforms and hijack a plane while shrieking in Arabic.

Gets boring after the first few minutes. You meet people, though.

Anyhoo, Fall television's gone for a few weeks and I'm bored.
  • edited December 2010
    Finals. That's what is somewhat consistently on my mind. Speaking of which....
  • edited December 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    What's the difference between modern art and the rest of art?

The rest of art is good. I must admit, however, that I'm warming up to Dali.

I find that Russian, Chinese and Esperanto work just as well. Anything but English, actually; if you're in the US. Xenophobia, etc.
  • edited December 2010
    I find that Russian, Chinese and Esperanto work just as well. Anything but English, actually; if you're in the US. Xenophobia, etc.

Elf? Klingon?
  • edited December 2010
    The rest of art is good. I must admit, however, that I'm warming up to Dali.

Since we're talking about Dali...
    When you say Dali, most people think about melting watches. I think about this.
  • edited December 2010
    I find that Esperanto works just as well.

Unless you want the passengers to think you're working for M. Bison, I don't think that's going to seem very villainous. Actually, that would make it seem less villainous.
  • edited December 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Elf? Klingon?

Only if you bring the latex ears or forehead apparatus.

Since we're talking about Dali...
    When you say Dali, most people think about melting watches. I think about this.

He had the greatest moustache EVER.

Unless you want the passengers to think you're working for M. Bison, I don't think that's going to seem very villainous. Actually, that would make it seem less villainous.

Somehow, I doubt that will enter into a TSA employee's head. It will be more like: "IT'S A FERNER WITH GUNS! GITTIM!"
  • edited December 2010
    When I die, I will either meet Satan, who looks like Dali, in hell that looks like his paintings, or I will meet God, who looks like Roger Dean, in heaven that looks like his paintings.

Not saying that Dali sucks, but the worlds depicted by his paintings look... hellish.

EDIT: Actually, heaven would be drawn by Bruce Timm, who looks like a mix between Rainn Wilson and Stephen Merchant.
  • edited December 2010
    I'd like to go to an afterlife drawn by Steve Purcell and Peter Chan
  • edited December 2010

I still get dirty looks to this day when I fly out of English airports. Ballbags
  • edited December 2010
    If you aren't lazy enough to look it up, modern art is pretty much described on the web.

I liked Dali's dream sequence in Spellbound.

When dreams come true
  • edited December 2010
    Someone tell that Irish paddy JedExodus that I refuse to stop calling him paddy or converse with him until he watches Cowboy Bebop in its entirety.
  • edited December 2010
    On the off chance that there's an afterlife, it had better be purely Art Deco in style.
  • edited December 2010
    Lemme guess, it also has to be underwater?
This discussion has been closed.