The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Argh! No! All wrong! You're supposed to say "Is that true?" so I can say "Yes it's true. This man has no d-

Screw it. It's ruined now. I hope you're happy. Actually, that's a lie. I hope you're miserable.
  • edited December 2010
    Is that true?
  • edited December 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    Is that true?

Yes it's true. This man has no d-
  • edited December 2010
    haddock.jpg

2zspijn.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    I don't get why people find Summer Glau even noteworthy, much less like her.

Did you even watch Firefly, you knave? Watch Firefly and tell me how horribly wrong you feel and how empty your life was. Also, Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles sucked. There, I said it.

mgrant wrote: »
    Yes, yes it can.
    Can every single bar be filled with smoke, lonely drunks, and bartenders who will tell you anything... for a price?
  • edited December 2010
    My entire apartment just turned into a no-phone zone...and I have no idea why.
  • edited December 2010
    Rain and wind and weatha
    Hell bent for leatha
    Wishin' my gal was by my side
    All the things I'm missin'
    Good vittles, love and kissin'
    Are waiting at the end of my ride
  • edited December 2010
    Did you even watch Firefly, you knave? Watch Firefly and tell me how horribly wrong you feel and how empty your life was. Also, Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles sucked. There, I said it.

I'm sorry, I don't partake of Joss Whedon filth. The man should be put out of my misery.
  • edited December 2010
    You know, the AVGN used to be a lot funnier, and now...well..he's just not funny anymore.
  • edited December 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    You win!

Thanks!:D
  • edited December 2010
    Did you even watch
    Can every single bar be filled with smoke, lonely drunks, and bartenders who will tell you anything... for a price?

Yes, along with that, the smoky bar will have a lone musician playing out a soulful jazz piece. There will also always be a hard-boiled cop who does not believe what you say while his partner's a bit more forgiving and a shifty eyed man who sounds a bit like Peter Lorre who will pop up at just the right time ot be suspicious.
  • edited December 2010
    Time to go and meet The Boy, and yes I´m gonna try to lure him to play Mario Kart Wii with me.
    And maybe some Super Mario Brod too.:p
  • edited December 2010
    Firefly and Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog are the only Joss Whedon stuff I like. Dollhouse was meh, and I haven't watched Buffy.
  • edited December 2010
    "You scumbag, you maggot
    You cheap, lousy faggot.
    Happy Christmas your ass
    I pray God it's our last."
  • edited December 2010
    The most dangerous thing in Super Meat Boy? Frustration. If you can't finish a level, clear your mind, and it will feel easier.
  • edited December 2010
    It's like people aren't even TRYING to try anymore.
  • edited December 2010
    It's funny how a person can be a hypocrite by calling someone a hypocrite, because he himself is a hypocrite by calling someone a hypocrite, because he himself is a hypocrite by calling someone a hypocrite, because he himself is a hypocrite by calling someone a hypocrite, because he himself is a douche.
  • edited December 2010
    ...I dun get it. How does that work in your head?
  • edited December 2010
    ...I dun get it. How does that work in your head?

When someone calls someone else a hypocrite, and he himself is a hypocrite, that means he's a hypocrite.

Or, maybe a double-hypocrite. I dunno. I forgot the math.
  • edited December 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    When someone calls someone else a hypocrite, and he himself is a hypocrite, that means he's a hypocrite.

why is someone a hypocrite if they call someone a hypocrite?
  • edited December 2010
    coolsome wrote: »
    why is someone a hypocrite if they call someone a hypocrite?

No, no, that person is only a hypocrite if he's calling someone a hypocrite, but he himself is a hypocrite, because then he is a hypocrite for calling someone a hypocrite, because he is one, by calling someone a hypocrite and being one at the same time, etc.
  • edited December 2010
    I think someone needs to give you a sleepy-time pill so you stop talking in circles.
  • edited December 2010
    If a hypocrite calls someone a hypocrite, it's redundant to call that person a hypocrite, because he already knows / is. Just because someone is a hypocrite doesn't mean his point isn't valid.
  • edited December 2010
    It's not about 'calling' someone a hypocrite so that he knows he's one. It's about the state of hypocrisy a person enters by calling a person a hypocrite. My theory is that subject A was hypocritical to subject B, while subject C is hypocritical to subject D. Now, if subject A call subject C a hypocrite to subject D, then subject A is a hypocrite because he is also a hypocrite, however that's a different reason for him to be a hypocrite in the first place. Therefore, he is a hypocrite for 2 different reasons, and thus dubbed a double-hypocrite.
  • edited December 2010
    tredlow wrote: »

I have a Bogus Algebraic Equation for this sort of thing . You all know Newton's laws of physics, right? Taking into consideration that every action has an equal and opposite reaction, I have come to the conclusion that any insult that is aimed toward a victim applies to the insulter at the same force and seriousness. If the person is not serious, then the insult is not being serious and the person, who is only joking around, does therefore not apply to this comment. Basically it can be described like this:

Insult = Severity of comment X Seriousness of comment X Force of comment = Backlash of Comment

I call it the "Insult Backlash Theory."
  • edited December 2010
    I stopped listening about 9 posts ago.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    You all know Newton's laws of physics, right? Taking into consideration that every action has an equal or opposite reaction

Equal AND opposite reaction. The conjunction is important.

In other news, I fear I may have become a bit of a douche.
  • edited December 2010
    mgrant wrote: »
    Yes, along with that, the smoky bar will have a lone musician playing out a soulful jazz piece. There will also always be a hard-boiled cop who does not believe what you say while his partner's a bit more forgiving and a shifty eyed man who sounds a bit like Peter Lorre who will pop up at just the right time ot be suspicious.

Now that we've got all the film noir tropes covered for the after life, where exactly will you end up (provided you're a hard boiled detective going through a rocky divorce) if you're already in the after life and you're inevitably shot, poisoned, left twisting in the wind by your jaded love interest?

Avistew wrote: »
    Rain and wind and weatha
    Hell bent for leatha
    Wishin' my gal was by my side
    All the things I'm missin'
    Good vittles, love and kissin'
    Are waiting at the end of my ride

Move 'em on, head 'em up
    Head 'em up, move 'em on
    Move 'em on, head 'em up
    Rawhide
    Count 'em out, ride 'em in,
    Ride 'em in, count 'em out,
    Count 'em out, ride 'em in
    Rawhide!

...Why do I know that!?
  • edited December 2010
    Accidentally washed my pants with my earphones in the pockets. Hopefully it'll still be okay after I dry it. I shouldn't have thought about hypocrisy that much.
  • edited December 2010
    My brain hurts!

Ooooohh..... Xp
  • edited December 2010
    Move 'em on, head 'em up
    Head 'em up, move 'em on
    Move 'em on, head 'em up
    Rawhide
    Rawhide!

...Why do I know that!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REie9sLrz1M
  • edited December 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Equal AND opposite reaction. The conjunction is important.
    Yeah, sorry about that. I'll fix it.
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    In other news, I fear I may have become a bit of a douche.
    I literally have nothing to say to that.
  • edited December 2010
    mvc3_artwork.jpg

And for those interested:

MvC3 artwork template
  • edited December 2010
    I wana see a Marvel vs DC 2010 or DC vs DBZ.
  • edited December 2010
    I want "Summer Glau Kills Everybody Dead" or "Summer Glau vs. Everybody and Everything In Existence".
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    ... River Tam is neither Capcom nor Marvel. And she'd be so imba.
  • edited December 2010
    Now that we've got all the film noir tropes covered for the after life, where exactly will you end up (provided you're a hard boiled detective going through a rocky divorce) if you're already in the after life and you're inevitably shot, poisoned, left twisting in the wind by your jaded love interest?

You just get up and keep going. You're like Sam Spade the Highlander, which, by the way, is a movie I'd totally watch.

Move 'em on, head 'em up
    Head 'em up, move 'em on
    Move 'em on, head 'em up
    Rawhide
    Rawhide!

...Why do I know that!?

Because that song is awesome?
This discussion has been closed.