The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited December 2011
    I just chugged an eighth of a bottle of Maker's Mark just now to the A-Team theme song for my fiancee's amusal. Did I a win guys?

ASlo, a male fiance has one 'e', my darling.
  • edited December 2011
    ASlo, a male fiance has one 'e', my darling.

I blame copy paste.
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, guys, enough about Fawful's list. There was four people on it, and if you're reading this now and don't already know who was on the list, then you're not on it. Let it drop.
  • edited December 2011
    And you are reward is a book of grammar.

Oh shit! Your right. I usually take much more care with my grammar but I made a mistake. Thanks for you're observation.
    Okay, guys, enough about Fawful's list. There was four people on it, and if you're reading this now and don't already know who was on the list, then you're not on it. Let it drop.

Ohh, with this and my "bummed in the gob" escapade; I'm well on my way to fulfilling my new year's resolution. Yay!
  • edited December 2011
    Johro wrote: »

This is a terrible post with which to start a page and you should feel ashamed.
    Davies wrote: »
    Oh shit! Your right. I usually take much more care with my grammar but I made a mistake. Thanks for you're observation.

You had better regert that, mister. Jimmies status: rustled.
  • edited December 2011
    It's not my fault the movie was awful. Like an axe to the face.
  • edited December 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    It's not my fault the movie was awful. Like an axe to the face.

Look, comr back when you've had a lot to drink and then I won;t; be upset
  • edited December 2011
    Eh friday will be drunk and posting day. I work tomorrow.
  • edited December 2011
    Work is for nonbohemians
  • edited December 2011
    LIVING IN OBLIVION

The most underrated Steve Buscemi film... no scrap that! The most underrated film of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQJLjYoQWB0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWYbXsTqv4g
  • edited December 2011
    Work is for nonbohemians

Work is for people who weren't born into rich families.
  • edited December 2011
    So it's been almost a year since my dad died..and 6 months since I lost my nephew...holidays are coming up and I really...really don't give a shit about anything, or want to do anything...I don't know...

TL;DR: Wah Wah Wah. My life sucks Wah wah wah.
  • edited December 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    So it's been almost a year since my dad died..and 6 months since I lost my nephew...holidays are coming up and I really...really don't give a shit about anything, or want to do anything...I don't know...

:(

I'm sorry, that sounds rough. A real annus horribilis. You have my sympathy and I hope that you can regain your zest for life next year. Hang in there, I'm sure things will improve with time.
  • edited December 2011
    Zeek wrote: »

That'll teach her for getting bummed in the gob!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm still awaiting the day when boingloings becomes the new trending topic. Or the new euphemism for family jewels.
  • edited December 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »

The first Christmas is always the hardest. I lost my dad in late 2009. I felt the same way about the holidays that year, and just wished for them to be over and done with as soon as possible. Personally, I secluded myself from friends and family, discovered a few new drinks, and hunkered down with Nintendo Wii. I thought that if I disconnected from the world, the pain would go away, but losing touch with reality just made things worse. Also, Nintendo Wii still has not called me back.

Things will slowly get better with time, though.
  • edited December 2011
    Some people cope differently. When my sister died when we were teenagers, I secluded myself and just preferred to be alone. I'm still that way to this day around Christmas and Thanksgiving. I'll be around for gift openings and dinner but I don't do mingling and chatting. I'm more comfortable this way. A stranger in my own family. I can only fake a smile for so long. I don't wallow in depression either. I'm happier doing my own thing.
  • edited December 2011
    Were all going to my Grandma's for Christmas cos she's rly ill and she wants to have it at her's this year cos we havnt been to hers for Christmas for years.
  • edited December 2011
    don't be like to alone as it makes things worse while things are already in worse condition
    Sory if any mistakes
  • edited December 2011
    toking wrote: »
    don't be like to alone as it makes things worse while things are already in worse condition
    Sory if any mistakes

I like how your only mistake (if you ignore capitalization and punctuation) was in you apology for any mistakes. Also... Who art thou?
  • edited December 2011
    TomPravetz wrote: »
    I like how your only mistake (if you ignore capitalization and punctuation) was in you apology for any mistakes.
    *your
    Also... Who art thou?
    A bot, I think.
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, so, hypothetical question.

What if I want to make a commercial indie game with (professional) voice acting. I live in the Netherlands, so finding some good voice actors here is pretty much difficult, seeing as I want to cater to a wide audience (meaning, everybody who at least knows a little English). How would I go about doing this?

Know that I, in this hypothetical case, am willing to pay for voice actors, seeing as it's a commercial product anyway.
  • edited December 2011
    Imagine a world without hypothetical situations.
  • edited December 2011
    Imagine a world without hypothetical situations.
    You have all these hypotheticals and you think they'll save you. If you have one hypothetical situation, then that's the hypothetical situation you'll have to break to imagine it. The only sensible way to live in this world is without hypotheticals, and tonight...you're gonna break your one tail-chasing philosophical word game!
  • edited December 2011
    Josh as Rather Joking in...

THE DARK PANTS
  • edited December 2011
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Okay, so, hypothetical question.

What if I want to make a commercial indie game with (professional) voice acting. I live in the Netherlands, so finding some good voice actors here is pretty much difficult, seeing as I want to cater to a wide audience (meaning, everybody who at least knows a little English). How would I go about doing this?

Know that I, in this hypothetical case, am willing to pay for voice actors, seeing as it's a commercial product anyway.

Hypothetically, one would place ads requesting audio portfolios, hypothetically.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmph. I received a text message from a friend today, saying that he's pissed off at me! The thing is that we last spoke yesterday and everything was cool. In fact, he sent a friendly text earlier today, so I have absolutely no idea what I've supposedly done.

I tried phoning him but he won't answer, which is especially annoying because he was due to pay me back some money that I lent him today. I hate being accused of doing something wrong and not being told what that is, when I'm completely innocent.

So much for the spirit of Christmas. Bah humbug!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2011
    50% of those times, when it is finally revealed what I supposedly did wrong, I actually DID, but couldn't remember. But no fair to accuse without confronting. You have to discuss that stuff among friends.
  • edited December 2011
    I find the best solution is a bottle of fine wine. Worked for me when one of my friends was mad at me for a rather imagined slight.
  • edited December 2011
    America is fast becoming an alien, unrecognizable country to me. This government seems to no longer care for freedom. The whores in Washington only seem to care about what business can do for them and what they, in turn, can do for business. The sooner they're deposed, the better.

Alcoremortis may be right about the wine. It feels like drinking time.
  • edited December 2011
    Capitalism gone too far?
  • edited December 2011
    Fascism. With the NDAA passed and the SOPA sure to pass, I am genuinely afraid of what my government will try to pull next.

EDIT: Previous generations would not have stood for this. Rebellion is quite nearly called for, should the government push the people further. They already let the bankers get away with killing the economy. They already refuse to punish outsourcers. They want more control, more power and more giveaways to their corporate pimps. Frankly, they stopped representing us a long time ago and I would not be sad to see them removed forcibly from power.
  • edited December 2011
    50% of those times, when it is finally revealed what I supposedly did wrong, I actually DID, but couldn't remember. But no fair to accuse without confronting. You have to discuss that stuff among friends.

After speaking to some of my friends, it appears that there's a possibility that he's pissed off at me because I visited a friend of mine last night at her place, who also happens to be his ex-girlfriend.

The thing is that she and I are just friends (and have been for years). The friend who's angry at me used to take a lot of drugs and is prone to paranoia.

I find the best solution is a bottle of fine wine. Worked for me when one of my friends was mad at me for a rather imagined slight.

Advice taken. alcohol being consumed.

I might head down to the pub in a bit and make it a bender.
  • edited December 2011
    Advice taken. alcoholic being consumed.

I might head down to the pub in a bit and make it a bender.

Give some to your friend as well. People sometimes see things better though a drunken haze, especially if the problem is seeing things that aren't really there.
  • edited December 2011
    Give some to your friend as well. People sometimes see things better though a drunken haze, especially if the problem is seeing things that aren't really there.

That's kind of difficult to do seeming as he won't talk to me or answer his phone. Sod him!
  • edited December 2011
    That's kind of difficult to do seeming as he won't talk to me or answer his phone. Sod him!

Mail it to him with no return address or note?

Actually, one of the things that I did with my bottle of wine, was send it to the friend in question for her birthday because it was impossible for her to give it back to me if it was a birthday gift. Well, not without pissing off all the mutual friends who thought the whole thing was extremely stupid.
  • edited December 2011
    Fascism. With the NDAA passed and the SOPA sure to pass, I am genuinely afraid of what my government will try to pull next.

EDIT: Previous generations would not have stood for this. Rebellion is quite nearly called for, should the government push the people further. They already let the bankers get away with killing the economy. They already refuse to punish outsourcers. They want more control, more power and more giveaways to their corporate pimps. Frankly, they stopped representing us a long time ago and I would not be sad to see them removed forcibly from power.

Its the same here.

Oh, Mr. Cameron are you trying to veto the EU because you think its the best thing for the country?
    NO!
    You're doing it, because if you don't, there's going to be a riot.

People know it makes no sense to keep the EU and the Euro running.
    Its dead, the poorer economies diluted the currency, and bailing them out just makes no sense.

The whole monetary system in general is broken. The concept is broken.
    Where is all this debt going to?
    If everyone owes money to everyone, then where is this disappearing money going to?

The Coalition is even worse than labour.
    They are working to clear this "debt", pushing money into the void.
    Making unnecessary cuts, doing deals...
    At least labour knew that this was pointless.
    The whole point is to keep the lie going, keep everything going like clockwork, or else everything falls apart.
This discussion has been closed.