The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Hmm. 3ds now has a messaging system, but you have to actually write

But now everyone gets to see my crappy handwriting IN 3DDD!!!! God help us.
  • edited December 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Hmm. 3ds now has a messaging system, but you have to actually write

But now everyone gets to see my crappy handwriting IN 3DDD!!!! God help us.

OKAY! So everyone registered as freinds on my 3DS whose name isn't Scott. DO NOT OPEN my message I just sent.
    (Unless you like naughty pictures!)

(I accidentally sent it to everyone! XD)

EDIT: An apology letter may have been sent.
    (I think it might have been sent, but I'm not sure...)
  • edited December 2011
    from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

"Xmas" is a common abbreviation of the word "Christmas". [...] There is a common misconception that the word Xmas is a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas".

[...] the "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, translated as "Christ".
    white.gif
  • edited December 2011
    What's on my mind:

I'm feeling emotionally conflicted right now. I just broke the heart of a girl who broke my heart on more than one occasion. I don't want to apologize but I can't shake the feeling that I should. I've known this girl for more than ten years and now I think I made her hate me. I'm just confused and overall feeling pretty crappy right now. I could use some cheering up right now.
  • edited December 2011
    Why did you break her heart?
  • edited December 2011
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Why did you break her heart?

Because she's obsessed with me, even though she went behind my back and kissed another guy. IN FRONT OF ME.

Basically, I just told her to stop stalking me on Facebook.
  • edited December 2011
    she went behind my back and kissed another guy. IN FRONT OF ME.

...how?
  • edited December 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    ...how?

The first part was a figure of speech. The second part, however is completely true.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I was thinking she's rly flexible.
  • edited December 2011
    Because she's obsessed with me, even though she went behind my back and kissed another guy. IN FRONT OF ME.

Basically, I just told her to stop stalking me on Facebook.

The most sensible solution is to have a sit down conversatin explaining the situation. Address it head on.
  • edited December 2011
    The most sensible solution is to have a sit down conversatin explaining the situation. Address it head on.

Well, she kind of caught me in a corner. She expected a straight answer to the question "Why won't you answer me." It's against my personal beliefs to lie to friends.

I messed up and now she's pissed at me, and probably doesn't want to talk.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't get humans. I seriously don't get them.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, she kind of caught me in a corner. She expected a straight answer to the question "Why won't you answer me." It's against my personal beliefs to lie to friends.

Well if there's nothing you can do then feeling guilty is a wasted endeavor. Your friendship is over, a less than desirable result. Use this experience to prepare you for next time and take comfort in your ability to become a better human being out of this experience. Guilt will only hinder the process of bettering yourself. Learning is all you can do.
  • edited December 2011
    Well if there's nothing you can do then feeling guilty is a wasted endeavor. Your friendship is over, a less than desirable result. Use this experience to prepare you for next time and take comfort in your ability to become a better human being out of this experience. Guilt will only hinder the process of bettering yourself. Learning is all you can do.

Thank you for the words of wisdom. I'm just glad that nobody tried to make light of my awkward situation.
  • edited December 2011
    I just had a wonderful though: If SOPA, ProtectIP, and NDAA cause the internet to shut down entirely... I won't have to deal with the collective "idiots" and Trolls of the world!

WOOO! No more hearing about Westboro Baptist Church and wanting to shoot them in the most public fashion possible!!
  • edited December 2011

I've pissed off loads of people and what I can say is just give her a bit to cool off and then explain things. It helps if you have a mutual friend or two to put a good word in for you. And a bottle of fine wine, if she's over twenty-one. If not, you can just promise it for when she IS twenty-one.
  • edited December 2011
    Teehee...:D

Dr. Nerdlove: Informal Fan Poll: What is the most common problem you have with dating?

Me: I'm gay and I keep falling for straight men.

Dr. Nerdlove: I'm curious. Is there something about straight guys that gets your crank on, or is it because you don't feel like you *deserve* a man who can love you back?

Me: It's because I can't tell. My Gay-dar is broken.
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
    Except you. msn_red_fox_smilies-06.gif
  • edited December 2011
    Recieved my first forum infraction today. Pretty soon I'll be on the inside able to dig up the dirt on the other suspended/banned people! Bwahahaha!
  • edited December 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    Recieved my first forum infraction today. Pretty soon I'll be on the inside able to dig up the dirt on the other suspended/banned people! Bwahahaha!

You have to be a pure pro to pull off an offensive black-person joke. That said I will admit to having uttered the 'n' word, only because it's so damn fun to say!

You've seen those wisecracking black dudes on the telly saying it, they're having a whale of a time they are!
  • edited December 2011
    tumblr_lml5svHtaT1qg23eto1_500.gif
  • edited December 2011
    Man, I almost finished the entire Blackwell trilogy, and I want more!

Too bad Blackwell Deception is €15. Otherwise I would have bought it immediately.

That, and it's not on Steam. Minor inconvenience though, it's more about the price.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey! Hey! It's Rather Dashing's birthday! The best Telltaleian holiday of the year!
  • edited December 2011
    Rather Dashing is Italian?!
  • edited December 2011
    sure
  • edited December 2011
    Anyway, I need to be able to emulate old sound cards, by having a general midi soundfont or sound bank for the music. I want to see if I can emulate the retro style for Zholhu ZERO.

It would also mean I need to upscale the game to 640x480 or 800x600 or even 1024x768, because I'm pretty sure nobody can read 320x240 since that's too small, and I don't want to use an aspect ratio of 16:9 or 16:10.
  • edited December 2011
    Cool. Do the kids still say "cool"? Is it still cool? Well I think it's cool. Cool?
  • edited December 2011
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Hey! Hey! It's Rather Dashing's birthday! The best Telltaleian holiday of the year!

I thought that was Saint Fawful's Day.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a big fan of Tax Refund Day, myself.
  • edited December 2011
    Payday is bestday.
  • edited December 2011
    The day they pay out my vacation time is pretty awesome too...and it's usually around my birthday.
  • edited December 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    I'm watching the 1972 Tales From The Crypt movie... obscure, I know.

Obscure my arse! It's a classic. One of the best horror anthology films of all time in fact.

You have good taste in films Sir.
    Johro wrote: »
    Cool. Do the kids still say "cool"? Is it still cool? Well I think it's cool. Cool?

Hmm, I say "cool" an awful lot but then again, I also say "dude" a fair bit and I'm pretty sure that Jeff Bridges is the only man who's able to say that whilst seeming "cool" (kinda like Bruce Campbell and "groovy").

Having said all of that; if the alternative is saying crap like "chillax" or "lolz", then consider me one groovy, cool, old-skool dude.
  • edited December 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    Hmm, I say "cool" an awful lot but then again, I also say "dude"[...]

I say 'cool' quite often too (probably too much, actually), but hardly ever use the word 'dude'. In fact, I don't think I've ever used the word in a serious context; I only ever use it jokingly or for the sake of impersonations.

Come to think of it, I rarely use any sort of slang at all, which is quite odd for an Australian.
  • edited December 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    ...'dude'...I don't think I've ever used the word in a serious context...

Dude, I totally agree with you but I can't help it sometimes. It just slips out when I'm being defensive or passionate about a subject. However, I can assure you that I always feel ashamed after uttering the word.
  • edited December 2011
    Giant Tope wrote: »

Let's all get him copies of BTTF on Steam!
  • edited December 2011
    Or Jurassic Park.
  • edited December 2011
    This is the greatest song ever written. EVER.

Also, Tope should do the obvious and just shack up with Dashing and get it over with.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to be honest. That song is not the best ever.
  • edited December 2011
    I've just been given notice that I may be evicted from my home due to the fact that my landlord's lender has filed for repossession of this flat, presumably due to failure to pay the mortgage. OK, I may have been a little late with rent payments but no more than a couple of weeks and ironically last month I was able to pay a month's rent in advance so my landlord has had my rent to pay the mortgage, and well in advance for this month.

Oh what fantastic timing. I would have gone to see the agents that manage the tenancy but now they are closed until the middle of next week I guess. It's weird that when things go wrong in this place (mainly to do with the plumbing) that it always happens on a holiday of some sort be it Christmas like now (and last year come to think of it) or at Easter (again, another plumbing problem).

There is one good thing (if it can be called good) about this which is that I was wanting to move anyway as I've not been that happy here in recent months and now I have more of an impetus to do so and I should be able to get more help financially which is the main reason why I've not moved yet anyway.

Ah well, I'm not going to let this possibility bum me out. I'll have a talk with my parents for advice and probably give these people who sent the notice a ring to get more details, if possible, and to see if I can get more time to move if I need to.
This discussion has been closed.