The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Wouldn't that be...pointy?

Not as pointy as I'd be!
  • edited December 2011
    Am I the only person who didn't just never get into Scooby Doo but actually actively hated it?

Scooby Doo was good until Scrappy Doo was introduced.
  • edited December 2011
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Scooby Doo was good until Scrappy Doo was introduced.

Here here! The wee rat should've been drowned.
  • edited December 2011
    I just don't see what people really have against Mystery Incorporated though.
  • edited December 2011
    Nothing. That show is awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    2011-04-18-beartato-lateforwork.png
  • edited December 2011
    I don't get it.
  • edited December 2011
    Um, I think it's a drinking bird? And everything is on fire? Something about the place burning down?

I got nothing.

Therefore, I offer an alternative:

CG3vT.gif
  • edited December 2011
    Am I the only person who didn't just never get into Scooby Doo but actually actively hated it?

Well, I didn't hate it. I never got into it though. I felt it was rather boring and predictable, even as a lad. It also annoyed me how unprepared and unorganised they always seemed even though it was their JOB. Oddly enough, I find all the bit parody I see now and then on shows and cartoons much more enjoyable.
  • edited December 2011
    Was the Mystery crew monetarily compensated for their endeavours?
  • edited December 2011
    Don't think I'll be shopping with Amazon anymore. Their treatment of warehouse employees is reprehensible.
  • edited December 2011
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Don't think I'll be shopping with Amazon anymore. Their treatment of warehouse employees is reprehensible.

You can say that agian! they promised me transport to and from there wearhouse to work every time I saw then at the drug test at the part where I showed them my birth cirfifcet and every other time I spoke to them! I wasnt even expecting a free ride cos I was told its a minibus and we all chip in and it was way to far to get there with no car. Then the night before the job starting they call at like 7:30 at night conferming what time im coming in I ask what time to get there mini bus and they said there is no transport I have to make my own way up! I was beyond pissed off and they can go to hell!..but If I see somthing on amazon cheep Il still buy it :p I'm not gonna cut my noise off to spite my face.
  • edited December 2011

They aren't unionised down there? Most warehouse employees here are. I am. I get better treatment and benefits than I got working in the restaurant industry that's for sure.
  • edited December 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    They aren't unionised down there? Most warehouse employees here are. I am. I get better treatment and benefits than I got working in the restaurant industry that's for sure.

Most amazon warehouse workers can't unionize due to their permanent temporary status. Warehouse violations have caused reports to OSHA.
  • edited December 2011
    Huh. Well that sure doesn't sound good.
  • edited December 2011

Man, I can't wait for the inevitable burn out I get from being boh.
  • edited December 2011
    So after setting up my Cork Pot Lasagna (It's got about 5 hours left as of this typing), I've been trying to get caught up on SOPA news, but every article I read makes me wish I had super powers so I can blow up Congress, or possess the President to announce on a live broadcast that he will be shutting down the government due to learning just how corrupt and bought every state's representative are. Maybe even go so far as to initial federal investigation against everyone elected with the potential charge being treason. Oh, wait, the NDAA passed, so all he'd have to do is just arrest them! Yeah, I'd love to possess the President and do that right now. Supreme Court wants to object to that? I'll just start a federal investigation I mentioned earlier so retain the mythical "Due Process." Maybe do the same thing with Wall Street.

*sigh*

I guess I should say good-bye to the internet as we know it now...
  • edited December 2011
    Zeek wrote: »
    So after setting up my Cork Pot Lasagna (It's got about 5 hours left as of this typing), I've been trying to get caught up on SOPA news, but every article I read makes me wish I had super powers so I can blow up Congress, or possess the President to announce on a live broadcast that he will be shutting down the government due to learning just how corrupt and bought every state's representative are. Maybe even go so far as to initial federal investigation against everyone elected with the potential charge being treason. Oh, wait, the NDAA passed, so all he'd have to do is just arrest them! Yeah, I'd love to possess the President and do that right now. Supreme Court wants to object to that? I'll just start a federal investigation I mentioned earlier so retain the mythical "Due Process." Maybe do the same thing with Wall Street.

*sigh*

I guess I should say good-bye to the internet as we know it now...

Bye! We'll miss you up until some controversial and/or outrageous topic or story captures our full attention.

Speaking of which, I've been doing a psychological profile on the average active internet user. My current theory is that the average active internet user suffers from a mixture of Attention Deficit Disorder and some form of high-functioning Autism. How else would we be able to talk so much about something so much and then completely refocus our attention on something else?
  • edited December 2011
    How else would we be able to talk so much about something so much and then completely refocus our attention on something else?

Maybe because we've all got what these kids call "mad skills"? Maybe we're afraid of missing out on something....being left in the dark. Maybe some people need to feel important...to have their opinions heard where they might not be elsewhere. Maybe it's an escape. Maybe there's more to a psychological profile than diagnosis? Maybe not everyone has a psychological issue pertaining to it. :P
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe because we've all got what these kids call "mad skills"? Maybe we're afraid of missing out on something....being left in the dark. Maybe some people need to feel important...to have their opinions heard where they might not be elsewhere. Maybe it's an escape. Maybe there's more to a psychological profile than diagnosis? Maybe not everyone has a psychological issue pertaining to it. :P

You forgot "Maybe the average person on the internet is only using it for personal entertainment and tastes/attention changes like they are channel surfing?" That's me right there. I use it for entertainment purposes because I'm SICK AND TIRED OF "REALITY" TV! I watched two season of The Real World and had my fill, the only one I actually enjoyed was the New Orleans season just as Reality TV was about to explode. Now? I can't stand the concept.

I mean, FOR GOD SAKES BRAVO! Can't you find one homosexual male that isn't a femmie, limp-wristed stereotype that's just as into fashion as the ones you have judging the other femmie stereotypes?!
  • edited December 2011

I mean, FOR GOD SAKES BRAVO! Can't you find one homosexual male that isn't a femmie, limp-wristed stereotype that's just as into fashion as the ones you have judging the other femmie stereotypes?!

Yh they can but they didn't offer me enough money.
  • edited December 2011
    Also, every time I see video of the Force Unleashed games, I get angry. I hate those games.
  • edited December 2011
    Also, every time I see video of the Force Unleashed games, I get angry. I hate those games.

I didn't mind them. They were pretty fun. Then again, I never consider games to be canon...ever. The prequels pissed me off a whole lot more.
  • edited December 2011
    Then again, I never consider games to be canon...ever.
    Even when TTG said that Fables was going to be canon to the comics?
  • edited December 2011
    Even when TTG said that Fables was going to be canon to the comics?

I never read the comics and the game doesn't interest me, so I can easily stand by my statement.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't mind them. They were pretty fun. Then again, I never consider games to be canon...ever. The prequels pissed me off a whole lot more.

I just hate that they made Galen so overpowered. Actually I hate that they turned the Jedi into anime parodies in general.
  • edited December 2011
    I just hate that they made Galen so overpowered. Actually I hate that they turned the Jedi into anime parodies in general.

That's true. I just enjoyed destroying everything.
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone should watch Rock and Rule tonight.
  • edited December 2011
    Here's my new My Little Pony fan character: 6i7m6f.png

Her name is Yellowbo. Her cutie mark is of negativity. She is everypony's least favorite pony, because she's so ugly. She spends her days alone in the bushes thinking of everypony's slow and painful demise.
  • edited December 2011
    If you dtont have anything to say doont sa y anthing at all

:D

WpdTs.png
  • edited December 2011
    The baking! Oh, so much baking!
  • edited December 2011
    The waiting is killing me, I can't wait till the day is over but it's going to be a long day.
    I have to set up 7 new computers here at noon, and when I get home I have to pack.

Just the thought of seeing my boyfriend again makes me happy.

Damn you time, go faster! :p
  • edited December 2011
    I'm watching the anime Claymore right now.

Interesting but too many typical anime cliches. Though I haven't seen a fantastic anime since Monster.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm watching the 1972 Tales From The Crypt movie... obscure, I know.
  • edited December 2011
    Chyron8472 wrote: »

WpdTs.png

I... I've been quoted. I finally feel like I've made an impact on this world.
  • edited December 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    Pfft. Please.
  • edited December 2011
    Pfft. Please.
  • edited December 2011
    Touche, Mr. Dashing.
  • edited December 2011
    This is a great day for getting shitfaced. Too bad I'm out of booze. :(
  • edited December 2011
    Jimmy. Buffett. Christmas.

My parents have a truckload of CD's that they (understandably) don't listen to because they've never bothered to rip them to mp3. My mom has recently been having problems with iTunes after updating it (I haven't looked at it but it sounds like a DRM problem) which ended up giving me an idea to rip/convert their music to mp3. When I told my wife that one of their albums is called "Jimmy Buffett Christmas Island" she made faces at me.

This discussion has been closed.