The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited December 2011
    I've just been given notice that I may be evicted from my home due to the fact that my landlord's lender has filed for repossession of this flat, presumably due to failure to pay the mortgage. OK, I may have been a little late with rent payments but no more than a couple of weeks and ironically last month I was able to pay a month's rent in advance so my landlord has had my rent to pay the mortgage, and well in advance for this month.

Oh what fantastic timing. I would have gone to see the agents that manage the tenancy but now they are closed until the middle of next week I guess. It's weird that when things go wrong in this place (mainly to do with the plumbing) that it always happens on a holiday of some sort be it Christmas like now (and last year come to think of it) or at Easter (again, another plumbing problem).

There is one good thing (if it can be called good) about this which is that I was wanting to move anyway as I've not been that happy here in recent months and now I have more of an impetus to do so and I should be able to get more help financially which is the main reason why I've not moved yet anyway.

Ah well, I'm not going to let this possibility bum me out. I'll have a talk with my parents for advice and probably give these people who sent the notice a ring to get more details, if possible, and to see if I can get more time to move if I need to.

Oh my friend, that most certainly is poor timing but please try not to let it get you down too much. I won't go into details but trust me when I say that my current living situation is a personal hell (and has been for quite some time).

I hope that you can take comfort from the knowledge that you're not alone and also that some things happen for a reason; who knows, if this change does occur, then maybe your next place will be far better (once the stress of moving is done and sorted).

Also, your landlord can't force you to move out immediately. You're required at least a months notice I believe and even then you have squatters rights; the legal procedure to forcefully evict a tenant takes many months. Either way, please don't mull such things over at this time and just concentrate on having a bloody good Christmas, mate.

:)
  • edited December 2011
    Well said Davies, it's a rotten state of affairs but know your rights and do your best to enjoy the holidays.

i'll raise a glass to your health on Christmas day C. Big!
  • edited December 2011
    Now Kim Jong Il is dead will North Korea ever get real human rights.
  • edited December 2011
    Alright party time! Visiting the family. Taking a bus to Austin tonight, spending the evening on 6th street then comibg back tomorrow.
  • edited December 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Now Kim Jong Il is dead will North Korea ever get real human rights.

Nope! Chuck Testa.

EDIT: Dillemma, dudes. I really want Blackwell Deception, but at the moment it's €15. However, if I wait until January 17th, the game might be cheaper, due to it and the rest of the Blackwell series coming to Steam and stuff. Should I wait for that moment or give in to the impatience?

EDIT2: Apparently it's $15, not €15. Makes a lot of difference.
  • edited December 2011
    The things that happen in North Korea make me sick to my stomach. Whats the point in human rights if no one enforces them and lets North Korea's leaders torture innocent children.
  • edited December 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    Oh my friend, that most certainly is poor timing but please try not to let it get you down too much. I won't go into details but trust me when I say that my current living situation is a personal hell (and has been for quite some time).

I hope that you can take comfort from the knowledge that you're not alone and also that some things happen for a reason; who knows, if this change does occur, then maybe your next place will be far better (once the stress of moving is done and sorted).

Also, your landlord can't force you to move out immediately. You're required at least a months notice I believe and even then you have squatters rights; the legal procedure to forcefully evict a tenant takes many months. Either way, please don't mull such things over at this time and just concentrate on having a bloody good Christmas, mate.

:)

Cheers for that. I'm not going to let this ruin my Christmas. I've been in touch with the people who sent the notice and while they applying for an eviction notice (on behalf of the landlord's lender) nothing start to happen about it until the 3rd of January, and next week I'll get advice from Citizen's Advice and talk to my tenancy agent as well as look into finding a better place to live.

Makes me laugh now, sardonically anyway, about the times the agent has been on to me about paying my rent a little late 'cos my landlord need it to pay his mortgage when it looks like he's not been paying his mortgage for a fair while now and it's not because I'm a little late with rent payments occasionally.

So anyway, I'll put all this on the back burner for the next week or so and just enjoy myself this weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    I just finished working a six hour shift on less than two hours of sleep on the busiest day our store has ever had. Thankfully, I only work stocking, so I only had to answer questions for about six customers. Still, that's six more than usual.
  • edited December 2011
    Today..is my last day off for the week..THEN BACK TO WOOORRRKKK!
  • edited December 2011
    Finally, an official Zelda timeline. Icedhope and GuruGuru may now rejoice. Also, Icedhope mah boi, you should call in sick tomorrow and Crimbus.
  • edited December 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    Nonsense! When you changed your username it was like if Sailor Moon suddenly regenerated into the Fonz, increasing your Megafonzie count so much!

So I should look like....
    mankind5.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    Finally, an official Zelda timeline. Icedhope and GuruGuru may now rejoice. Also, Icedhope mah boi, you should call in sick tomorrow and Crimbus.

And with that, another trending topic bites the bust.
  • edited December 2011

I read there will now be 3 timelines.
  • edited December 2011
    So then I said no your driving under the influence...OF BEING A JERK!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I was weak.

I bought the Blackwell Deception.
  • edited December 2011
    Got a christmas card and candy! Happiest of days!
  • edited December 2011
    I just finished working a six hour shift on less than two hours of sleep on the busiest day our store has ever had. Thankfully, I only work stocking, so I only had to answer questions for about six customers. Still, that's six more than usual.

Same... except I didn't get the luxury of stocking. I was on merchandising and displays... at some points it felt like I was only there to answer questions.
  • edited December 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    Same... except I didn't get the luxury of stocking. I was on merchandising and displays... at some points it felt like I was only there to answer questions.

Didn't I mention? I got to do merchandising too.

Fuck Nintendo.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah...my phone was stolen..this is becoming the reason I loathe wal-mart...so now I have to use my free upgrade to get a new phone and it being U.S.Cellular...they have nothing good...BAH HUMBUG!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Well, here's a conspiracy theory that sounds believable...
  • edited December 2011
    I have an idea!
  • edited December 2011
    Does it involve whipped cream?
  • edited December 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    Recieved my first forum infraction today. Pretty soon I'll be on the inside able to dig up the dirt on the other suspended/banned people! Bwahahaha!

Welcome to the club! May I ask what you did and who gave it to you? I offended forum members by declaring myself God and Guru gave it to me. Ah, memories. Guru is a nice fella, but he needs to STOP FREAKIN' MEDITATING WHEN I WANT TO DO SOMETHING ON STEAM! YARGLE FLARGLE JARL BALGRUUF!
  • edited December 2011
    All I'll say on the matter is that in any other forum that I've ever seen in my life, what was said would've been a severe ban.... Ribs got lucky.
  • edited December 2011
    Does it involve whipped cream?

Like you even have to ask.
    TomPravetz wrote: »
    Welcome to the club! May I ask what you did and who gave it to you? I offended forum members by declaring myself God and Guru gave it to me.

Wait THAT'S an infractionable offence really!?

Its a good thing I don't need to outright say I'm a god.
  • edited December 2011
    Wait THAT'S an infractionable offence really!?

What I said was "I am the Atheists God!" Good times. Also...

faith.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    Is it I-get-material-possessions-eat-a-lot-of-food-and-get-plastered Day yet?
  • edited December 2011
    Is it I-get-material-possessions-eat-a-lot-of-food-and-get-plastered Day yet?

Your Wedding day?
  • edited December 2011
    Your Wedding day?

No No. that's I-get-material-possessions-eat-a-lot-of-food-stand-for-10-hours-pretend-to-like-and-care-about-people-i-barely-know-and-get-plastered Day. It's okay. Quite a few mistake the two.
  • edited December 2011
    More SOPA talk going around my facebook news feed.

Seriously, I want to pull some kind of Fight Club terrorist act where the internet gets shut down thanks to bombs that blow up all the major server hubs across the globe just to make a point.

Oh, sure, that means no more TTGs or YouTube, but it also means no more 10 year old kids on Battlefield 3 calling my friends racial slurs when all they are doing is trying to review the multiplayer for their job.
  • edited December 2011
    You can't kill Skynet.
  • edited December 2011
    You can't kill Skynet.

Remind me, they're the ones responsible for this "Cloud technology" I keep hearing about, right?
  • edited December 2011
    The Blackwell Deception.

Totally worth the $15.
  • edited December 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    I say 'cool' quite often too (probably too much, actually), but hardly ever use the word 'dude'. In fact, I don't think I've ever used the word in a serious context; I only ever use it jokingly or for the sake of impersonations.

Come to think of it, I rarely use any sort of slang at all, which is quite odd for an Australian.

I use cool a lot when messaging etc, but not so much in conversations. Not sure what I say a lot... I know for a while I said groovy so much that several 5 year olds started saying it too. :confused: My new favourite word is bollocks, but always with good reason!

I have an idea!

What is it?
  • edited December 2011
    skeeter wrote: »
    My new favourite word is bollocks, but always with good reason!

I never use bollocks, myself. Not because I don't like the word, though - just because I don't feel that the word can be done justice without a British accent.
  • edited December 2011
    Skooma. That is all.
    Skooma_Skyrim.png
  • edited December 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    I never use bollocks, myself.

I don't get anywhere near as much use out of my bollocks as I'd wish.
This discussion has been closed.