The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited January 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I love that it's someone's job to come up with this stuff.
    Dennis Hwang, specifically. He has other duties at Google, but he's most known for the Doodles.
  • edited January 2012
    You would know that.
  • edited January 2012
    SO GUYS

Dustforce is looking like it could be one of the best games of this year, yeah?
  • edited January 2012
    Please, son. It's all about Mass Effect 3.

1NEcul.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    Please, son. It's all about Mass Effect 3.

1NEcul.jpg
    Yes, I suppose it is all about Mass Effect 3, if you're a capitalist whore who loves his big corporations.
  • edited January 2012
    But Dustforce looks boring! Oh, yeah, yet another side scroller. I've got plenty of those on my NES. Action RPGs are, to me, far more fun and - with the exception of Dragon Age 2 of which we will never speak again - BioWare does not disappoint.
  • edited January 2012
    But Dustforce looks boring! Oh, yeah, yet another side scroller. I've got plenty of those on my NES. Action RPGs are, to me, far more fun and - with the exception of Dragon Age 2 of which we will never speak again - BioWare does not disappoint.
    Platformer is a genre, just like "Action RPG" is a genre. Action RPGs have been around for a long-ass time as well, barely less time than the NES was in existence(and only in Japan at that). It's what each game brings to the table that makes them fascinating.

In Dustforce's case, we're looking at a game which features an interesting coarse-clearing mechanic, nuanced movement control, elegant combat, and a bevvy of Challenge and multiplayer modes that make the package very interesting.

Oh yeah, yet another Mass Effect game. I've got plenty of those on my 360/PC. Actually new games are, to me, far more fun.

Also:

Bioware is owned by EA, and EA supports SOPA.
  • edited January 2012
    Pants, you're forgetting, Dashing doesn't play games that are made by more than four people, preferably fewer.
  • edited January 2012
    Platformer is a genre, just like "Action RPG" is a genre. Action RPGs have been around for a long-ass time as well, barely less time than the NES was in existence(and only in Japan at that). It's what each game brings to the table that makes them fascinating.

In Dustforce's case, we're looking at a game which features an interesting coarse-clearing mechanic, nuanced movement control, elegant combat, and a bevvy of Challenge and multiplayer modes that make the package very interesting.

Oh yeah, yet another Mass Effect game. I've got plenty of those on my 360/PC. Actually new games are, to me, far more fun.

Also:

Bioware is owned by EA, and EA supports SOPA.

You know damn well how I intend to procure ME3, Dashing, so don't think I'm supporting EA. I saw the demo footage and screens for Dustforce and really it just doesn't look that interesting.

To me, immersion, freedom and storytelling are far more important to a game than some fresh control scheme or multiplayer modes.

Ergo, I feel compelled to disagree with your assertion that Dustforce will be the end all beat all game of 2012.

Pants, you're forgetting, Dashing doesn't play games that are made by more than four people, preferably fewer.

Please, try as he might to deny it, he was hooked on Skyrim just like the rest of us.
  • edited January 2012
    You know damn well how I intend to procure ME3, Dashing, so don't think I'm supporting EA.
    Yes, way to show your solidarity. You absolutely hate the corporate money-grabbing traitors....except you need everything they produce because you're dependent on their content. Big man, big, big man.
    To me, immersion
    Meaningless buzzword.
    freedom
    Mass Effect's idea of freedom comes in three flavors:

1. A hub in which you can do fetch and dialog quests.
    2. Choosing the order in which you'll go down hallways to kill things
    3. Stopping the game once you've progressed to the end of a hallway to ask you if you want to save the kitten, save the kitten for money, or devour the kitten and piss on its owner.
    storytelling are far more important to a game than some fresh control scheme or multiplayer modes.
    Obviously, since according to Xbox Live you play Mass Effect on Casual. I forgot that you're too much of a pansy to actually play games. Relying on a written script to carry a game is like expecting the audio to carry a film, sitting there with a blindfold on the whole time.
    Ergo, I feel compelled to disagree with your assertion that Dustforce will be the end all beat all game of 2012..
    One of the best, not the end-all-be-all. Dustforce looks amazing, but so does:

-Prison Architect
    -Gunpoint
    -Owlboy
    -Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode 3
    -Fez
    -Dark Scavenger
    -The Witness
    -Auro: The Golden Prince
    -The Swapper
    -They Bleed Pixels
    -Sarcia
    -Monaco
    -Lone Survivor
    -Dust: An Elysian Tail
    -Parallax
    -Star Child
    -Shadow of a Soul

...and plenty of others that I'm probably forgetting. 2012 is looking like a great year already.
  • edited January 2012
    Ladies and gentlemen, the Internet Tough Guy.
  • edited January 2012
    cheese
  • edited January 2012
    Truley the game you all should be waiting for is the one I am going to make! XD

(Like I'm ever going to get round to making it! University is too big of a distraction and I have loads of those!)
  • edited January 2012
    ಠ_ಠ

Hey guise! Click that!
  • edited January 2012
    God I hate getting tired.

I seem to be suffering from random sleepy-ness attacks again.

I was playing a game, and I suddenly got tired, like I was falling asleep.
    So I stopped playing and close my eyes to rest for a bit.
    But then I had a random spasm that woke me back up.

Apparently its normal, and harmless, but I'm not 100% sure.
    (Especially since I did it twice in a row just then)

I remember I used to do it at work a lot a while ago.
    I'd just be working, then suddenly I black out for a few seconds, then continue, then black out again.
    Some people would ask me if I was ok, so people must have noticed me suddenly not move for like 3 seconds.
    (I remember once I did it while holding something, and I was still holding it in place, which prompted the concerned customer to ask)

After a while the episodes would stop and I was fine.
    Normally happened around this time, 12:00pm.

Maybe I should go and see a doc.
    I mean, I haven't been to one in years.

But it may just be the lack of sleep over the last week, and all the energy drinks.
    (Though I never drank one yesterday...)
  • edited January 2012
    Guess who managed to break his fathers headset.
  • edited January 2012
    Remolay wrote: »
    Guess who managed to break his fathers headset.

Was it me?
    No wait, my father doesnt have a headset.

Was it me?
  • edited January 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Was it me?
    No wait, my father doesnt have a headset.

Was it me?

Yes.
  • edited January 2012
    Everything that happens now is your fault.
  • edited January 2012
    Well, my experiment was sort of a success. Two people remember it was my birthday before facebook told everyone.... I blame Gman.
  • edited January 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    Everything that happens now is your fault.

Coolsome is correct.
  • edited January 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    cheese

You're not helping get my mind off that Puzzlebox dinner.
    I seem to be suffering from random sleepy-ness attacks again.
    Maybe I should go and see a doc.
    I mean, I haven't been to one in years.

But it may just be the lack of sleep over the last week, and all the energy drinks. (Though I never drank one yesterday...)

If you haven't been getting much sleep over the past week, that's probably it. Get some sleep. But if it turns chronic or starts happening at dangerous times (such as while driving), you should see a doctor. It can be a sign of sleep apnea.
  • edited January 2012
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    If you haven't been getting much sleep over the past week, that's probably it. Get some sleep. But if it turns chronic or starts happening at dangerous times (such as while driving), you should see a doctor. It can be a sign of sleep apnea.

Cool, internet diagnosis :)
    May I throw in 'absence seizures'?
  • edited January 2012
    Reading about stop-motion puppet building is making me actually want to do it. This photo from the book I'm reading is pretty neat:

F2Zwn.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    Well, my experiment was sort of a success. Two people remember it was my birthday before facebook told everyone.... I blame Gman.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2870&d=1326569925

We'll see about THAT!
  • edited January 2012
    I can't believe there's a fictional character that's even closer to my ideal woman than Ariel.

Also, I love the Blackwell series, and I can't wait until the next Blackwell game will be in production. Heck, if Dave Gilbert decides to port the games to consoles (3DS please, and yes, now that the AGS engine is open source it will be possible) I'll be buying them.
  • edited January 2012
    Literally the only good thing to ever come from the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise is Sonichu, The Electric Hedgehog Pokemon.

3T7OI.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    Is Sonichu the tall one?
  • edited January 2012
    who's the one with the condom?
  • edited January 2012
    How can someone make the worst comic ever and still be better at drawing than I am?
  • edited January 2012
    Interview three days in a row. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I want a break. For at least 2 days. :p
  • edited January 2012
    How can someone make the worst comic ever and still be better at drawing than I am?

Cos its the plot that sucks?
  • edited January 2012

Because this guy is the next Walt Disney:

XNME3.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    That guy would make Barney Stinson jealous!
  • edited January 2012
    every album has one(except the debut). They're always fantastic.
  • edited January 2012
    Ugh, I still need another 2000 star points before I can get that retro SNES controller for the Wii, and they're only giving you 250 points per 3DS game dammit, even less for Wii and DS games. I knew I should never have blown all those points buying Nintendo points, I can buy those with actual money!
  • edited January 2012
    Just saw Back to the Future 2 (few days ago already saw the first). Just one movie to go!
  • edited January 2012
    hmm
  • edited January 2012
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Firaxis is making a turn based, strategic new XCOM game in addition to the FPS that 2K Games is making. Couldn't care less about the FPS, but woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo new true X-Com!
This discussion has been closed.