The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Oh, in that case....

wPPxf.png

That's going to be harder than it sounds, Dashing.
  • edited January 2012
    I'm pretty sure everyone here who wants to listen to an angry cripple from the southern United States rant about booze, games, guns, science fiction and communism has already circled me on Google+, but just in case you want to follow me, PM me and I'll give you a link to my profile since I'm undiscoverable via search.. Alternatively, we could start a Google+ thread.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I am also going to buy Mass Effect 3 when it comes out. Regardless of supporting a subsidiary of EA (who supports SOPA), and regardless of the use of Origin.

I've just left rather hateful remarks on certain gaming sites concerning the use of Origin. If I went ahead and bought it now, I'd be more than a little hypocritical. Damn. :(
  • edited January 2012
    I've just left rather hateful remarks on certain gaming sites concerning the use of Origin. If I went ahead and bought it now, I'd be more than a little hypocritical. Damn. :(

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I can tell you how I think you should procure the game. On the other, all the mods - including you - are sick of hearing my perfectly logical workarounds for situations just like this! I'm so at odds, here.
    edited January 2012
    Courtesy of Secret Fawful, the anime song that is impossible to get out of your head. Seriously. Just try. Just try it.

AH! Tchaikowsky. Why OF COURSE Tchaikowsky is catchy. And it should be for you, "Comrade".
    On the other, all the mods - including you - are sick of hearing my perfectly logical workarounds for situations just like this! I'm so at odds, here.

playing_with_fire
  • edited January 2012
    AH! Tchaikowsky. Why OF COURSE Tchaikowsky is catchy. And it should be for you, "Comrade".

Of course. Tchaikovsky is Russian and he composed classical music. Anything related to or reminiscent of his compositions is bound to capture my attention.
    playing_with_fire
    with_a_jacket_made_of_pitch, old friend.
    Pantsy wrote:
    I'm pretty sure everyone here who wants to listen to an angry cripple from the southern United States rant about booze, games, guns, science fiction and communism has already circled me on Google+, but just in case you want to follow me, PM me and I'll give you a link to my profile since I'm undiscoverable via search.. Alternatively, we could start a Google+ thread.
    Just wanted to restate that.
    edited January 2012
    ...si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses. ;)
  • edited January 2012
    Tu Latine loqui?
    edited January 2012
    Learned Latin in a year... 2001 to be precise. Forgot everything in a matter of the following 4 weeks. University is a strange place.
  • edited January 2012
    I keep meaning to learn it better by actually having a foundation for the assorted bastard pieces of it I know, but between Russian and Mandarin I just haven't the time. I'm strongly considering dropping Russian, at least, since it's just for vanity.
    edited January 2012
    "Bastard pieces of Latin"?

...I've been taught that Latin is NOT actually a dead language because it expressly lives on in so many naturally evolved other languages.

Don't stop the Russian. You'll need it after the revolution. :D
  • edited January 2012
    "Bastard pieces of Latin"?

...I've been taught that Latin is NOT actually a dead language because it expressly lives on in so many naturally evolved other languages.

Don't stop the Russian. You'll need it after the revolution. :D

I should explain. You see, the Latin I know is derived from English words cross referenced with Spanish, the most common secondary language in my county. From this, I have been able to recognize and learn a few words. Pronunciation was picked up as a teen in my step dad's Catholic church. As an enthusiast of Roman history, I've always wanted to learn Latin.

And of course Latin isn't dead. As you said, it lives on in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and Romanian. I'd argue that these languages are evolutionary dialects of Latin, in a sense. Then again, I'm not a linguist by trade so perhaps you should take my opinion on the subject with a grain of salt.

As for Russian, it's really only useful for reading Lenin and catching every ounce of his original meaning. It's also useful for reading notes by composers I like and Dostoevski, but that's about it. As much as I'd love a Communist revolution in this country, it would never work and communist governments tend to implode or corrupt over time anyway.
  • edited January 2012
    I lost the plot earlier.

For some reason, be it the stress, or the enegry drinks, or the lack of sleep in the last few days, I just lost it.

I just let the valve that keeps my madness within my head, just a bit loose, (well my older brother was being a massive dick, and I just couldn't take any more and flipped out), and I was screaming, shouting, throwing random stuff, hitting myself with a kettle, and smearing cake into my older brothers face/hair.
    Then I just laid down, and cried, and cried.

I feel better now, the pressure that has built up has been restored to a manageable level.
    But it scares me, what I am capable of, its why I never try to get mad, why I always try to keep control of myself, and downplay things.

But at some point, every few years, something makes me lose it. Something makes me just go bananas for like 1/2 an hour.
    Makes me manic, possibly dangerous (fortunately I have a non-violent nature, so I was able to guide my rage to harmless things)

Its why I don't do sport and keep my attitude and personality in check, because if I was anything like my older brother, I would be worse.
    So, so much worse.
  • edited January 2012
    ...si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses. ;)

translated: "If you had kept your silence, you would have stayed a philosopher."

In this case, I prefer: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." :)
  • edited January 2012
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • edited January 2012
    Why need any other Latin once you know:

Faciem durum cacantis habes.
  • edited January 2012
    Why need any other Latin once you know:

Faciem durum cacantis habes.

..... hahaha.
  • edited January 2012
    Whats Latin for "Silence will fall when the question is asked
    coolsome who?
    "
    edited January 2012
    Don't do that. We'll end up calling you "gelualiquot" or something...
  • edited January 2012
    Don't do that. We'll end up calling you "gelualiquot" or something...

I'll just call him Minimus! HAHA!
  • edited January 2012
    I'll just call him Minimus! HAHA!

thats..MAXIMUS!!
  • edited January 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    thats..MAXIMUS!!

Okay then.
    Minimus Maximus! ;p
  • edited January 2012
    Okay then.
    Minimus Maximus! ;p

63019011_H.jpg?identifier=1b30ec3bcb718d69a0b3a02c36113181
  • edited January 2012
    So coolsome is actually a Kellogg's cereal. So much suddenly makes sense now...
  • edited January 2012
    wPPxf.png

batmankilled.jpg

Sorry ... couldn't resist.
  • edited January 2012

Dude, why did you put a link to a blank video?

Why the hell are there black marks on my arm?
  • edited January 2012
    I'm so torn. On the one hand, I can tell you how I think you should procure the game. On the other, all the mods - including you - are sick of hearing my perfectly logical workarounds for situations just like this! I'm so at odds, here.

On the other hand, you could just buy the console version. Kind of requires you to own a console that it's coming out on, but it doesn't require Origin or piracy.
  • edited January 2012
    On the other hand, you could just buy the console version. Kind of requires you to own a console that it's coming out on, but it doesn't require Origin or piracy.

Agreed.

I'm getting Mass Effect 3 on 360 myself.

Well I have to! 2 reasons:

1. My lappy wouldn't run it!
    2. I have Mass Effect 1 and 2 on the 360, so it makes logical sense to keep them all together, especially with save importing!
  • edited January 2012
    A list of huh? Sorry, I don't speak Tung-Gah.
    edited January 2012
    I love how that Majus/SWP stuff just keeps being an insider. :D :D
  • edited January 2012
    I had a dream I got in a fight with a member of the Telltale Team and I called him the Tellale tool. It wasn't anyone in the TTG team but someone made excursively for Coolsome dream cannon. Also I can't remember what his icon looked like but I know it was the combind souls of every turtle egg that got smashed.
  • edited January 2012
    I had a dream I got in a fight with a member of the Telltale Team and I called him the Tellale tool. It wasn't anyone in the TTG team someone made excursively for Coolsome dream cannon. Also I can't remember what his icon looked like but I know it was the combind souls of every turtle egg that got smashed.

Were you called "The Coolsome Crusher"? :p
  • edited January 2012
    Is it true that on the mod boards I'm known as The Oncoming Storm?
  • edited January 2012
    I'm known as Sexalicious over there.
  • edited January 2012
    Really? I heard I was called "Haha, look at that idiot".
    edited January 2012
    Is it true that on the mod boards I'm known as The Oncoming Storm?

Hahaaaah! Wouldn't you like to know???
  • edited January 2012
    It's too cold out. bah.
  • edited January 2012
    Hahaaaah! Wouldn't you like to know???

Yes, yes I would. That's why I asked.
  • edited January 2012
    Crap, less than a month until Valentine's Day and I still haven't prepared a song for it.

Quick, I need some suggestions for a song. I already have these in mind:
    • Follow Me (Kay Hanley, Team Rose Theme from Sonic Heroes, done previously)
    • Love Makes The World Go Round (The Powerpuff Girls)
    • Do Nothing Day (Jeremy Johnson, voiced by Mitchel Musso on Phineas & Ferb)
    • Because It's Midnite (Limozeen, done previously)
    • God Hand (also known as the God Hand Theme)
    • The Bad Touch (Bloodhound Gang, in glorious chiptune background music)
    • You're Still The One / 2 Becomes 1 / Together Again (medley with Shania Twain, the Spice Girls and Janet Jackson respetively)

Okay, that last one won't be done this year, since it's really close to Valentine's Day already (unless somebody wants to do the arrangements for it, e.g. the background music).
This discussion has been closed.