The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited January 2012
    five-guys.jpg

this is a burger!
  • edited January 2012
    It's times like this I wish I actually had some food in the house other than popcorn and spam. Oh well, grocery shopping today.
  • edited January 2012
    I wish I had a car to go get food...because TV Dinners are not always okay.
  • edited January 2012
    Icedhope wrote: »

Nope
  • edited January 2012
    lex-luthor-e1300448929617.jpg
  • edited January 2012

They don't have delivery where you are?
  • edited January 2012
    Please. Delivery is as expensive as balls.
    Now,
    IcMIM.png
    let's talk about these guys.
  • edited January 2012
    On the subject of hamburgers, you have not had a real hamburger until you've had one from In-N-Out. This is truth, they make the best hamburgers. Of course, they're only sold in California (maybe a few slightly over state lines) and the lines are always a block and a half long...but it's totally worth it.

In-N-OutBurgerCombo1.jpg

Also, as far as I know, this is also the only burger place that will allow you to order this:

innout20x20.jpg

Not entirely sure why you would want this, but they'll make it for you if you ask.
  • edited January 2012
    There's a restaurant around here that had really good burgers. I can't remember the name, they are walk-up pick-up window only, but there's like 10 of them along the building, the rest of the property is like a park with picnic tables and such to sit at. There is always over a hundred people at it too. I've only eaten there once, but yeah, it was really good.

Edit: I've had people order insane shit when I was at Wendy's. Yes, we could enter anything you want for a price. I've made 4-meat sandwiches(bacon,chicken,beef,fish), 10 patty burgers, quad burgers with 12 pieces of bacon...
  • edited January 2012
    A bit o' the ol' In-N-Out, eh?

tumblr_lq683fihrk1qlpnd8o1_400.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    wink wink nudge nudge
  • edited January 2012
    Say no more, say no more?
  • edited January 2012
    Okay, we've covered our mandatory 3 posts of British content.
  • edited January 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    There's a restaurant around here that had really good burgers.

Big Kahuna Burger? That new Hawaiian joint?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    Okay, we've covered our mandatory 3 posts of British content.

Wait. Is that Stanley Kubrick I hear weeping?
  • edited January 2012
    Wait. Is that Stanley Kubrick I hear weeping?

Stanley Kubrick never cried. He just did this:

53t2U.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    ignbq.png

Why does Amazon look different on Firefox now than it does on Chrome or Internet Explorer, when I don't have any User Styles for Firefox installed which apply to Amazon.com?
  • edited January 2012
    stanley kubrick never cried. He just did this:

53t2u.jpg

stanley kubrick is gonna murder a bitch!
  • edited January 2012
    stanley kubrick is gonna murder a bitch!

To be frank, if Kubrick's going to murder her then she probably had it coming.
  • edited January 2012
    Hi Frank.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012
    leslienielsen580frank.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    On the subject of hamburgers, you have not had a real hamburger until you've had one from In-N-Out.

That's one of the few things I miss from not living in California anymore. I don't know why they don't expand nationwide.

Though when I first moved to California, I thought all the In-N-Out Burger T-Shirts were some sort of joke about sex or basketball or something. Someone had to prove to me it was a real thing.
  • edited January 2012
    And again I have failed to prove my competance as a human being... :(

Oh well, just have to move on to my exams now and do the deferral later.
    (I only need literally 8% to pass that one, but I just couldn't focus on two huge assignments at the same time, so did the harder one, and even then it was incomplete, though submitted on time (and I probably missed the mark on it in hindsight, but having only 14 hours of sleep in the last 96 hours does that to a man))

Curse my perfectionism!
    I just can't allow myself to create a slap-dash piece of work. Its literally all or nothing with me these days.

EDIT: I wish my fear of death wasn't as strong as it was, else I'd just put an end to my miserable, useless existence...

HA! Look at me being all emo! I suck!

I think I'm going to bed for a few hours to sleep.
    And I think I will have that glass of Baileys, if only to make myself feel a little better... :/
  • edited January 2012
    Finding it pretty funny that both runner's up artworks are mine- the speedpainting video that I submitted, and the original art piece in Kurt's submission of his Telltale collection was a commissioned art piece for him.
  • edited January 2012
    Best optical illusion ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKanr-kNEJs
  • edited January 2012
    Finding it pretty funny that both runner's up artworks are mine- the speedpainting video that I submitted, and the original art piece in Kurt's submission of his Telltale collection was a commissioned art piece for him.

TBH. I just grabbed everything in site and put it on the table...and had to deal with a very pissed off girlfriend for turning the lights on at 3 in the morning. So I didn't realized I grabbed it and put it in there.
  • edited January 2012
    TBH. I just grabbed everything in site and put it on the table...and had to deal with a very pissed off girlfriend for turning the lights on at 3 in the morning. So I didn't realized a grabbed it and put it in there.

More funny!
  • edited January 2012
    Il open the Dead Zone and suck Kami into oblivion MWHAHAAH!!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2012
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    That's one of the few things I miss from not living in California anymore. I don't know why they don't expand nationwide.

I think it has something to do with the fact that every hamburger patty comes from a special facility owned and operated completely by In-N-Out. As far as I understand it they never freeze the things, so every store has to be within a day or so drive of that facility (it's in Baldwin Park, CA). I guess they could create an east coast facility or whatever, but seems like a huge initial committment. No real opportunity to test the water if you're investing that much capital upfront - it's all-in or, um... out.

Anyway, thanks to all the burger posters for inspiring tonight's dinner. Pastured beef, goat's cheese, organic hardwood smoked bacon, vine tomato, green lettuce, and a cheeky little sauvignon blanc.

Attachment not found.

Couldn't skip Godiva truffles for dessert.

Attachment not found.

... I kinda love myself right now.
  • edited January 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I think it has something to do with the fact that every hamburger patty comes from a special facility owned and operated completely by In-N-Out. As far as I understand it they never freeze the things, so every store has to be within a day or so drive of that facility (it's in Baldwin Park, CA). I guess they could create an east coast facility or whatever, but seems like a huge initial committment. No real opportunity to test the water if you're investing that much capital upfront - it's all-in or, um... out.

"FOOD"

That meal looks incredible.

Also, while In N Out is pretty good, I'm personally of the mind that Five Guys beats it out by a hair. And the East Coast has Five Guys! :)
  • edited January 2012

Also, while In N Out is pretty good, I'm personally of the mind that Five Guys beats it out by a hair. And the East Coast has Five Guys! :)

I love how their single is a double. Cajun fries are amazing and they just dump fries in the bag.. DAMNIT ALAN! Now I want five guys..
    edited January 2012

Five Guys IS pretty decent, especially their fries cooked in peanut oil. But then of course my cooking beats Five Guys. :p
  • edited January 2012
    All this talk of food is making me hungry. I think I'll go drown out my craving with some hard rock. (With the help of a little hard cider.) ;)
  • edited January 2012
    I third the Five Guys bit. I actually think their fries are better than In N Out fries.
  • edited January 2012
    leslienielsen580frank.jpg

I laughed so hard I spit out my coffee. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop drinking.

iZEBw.jpg

EDIT: Also, puzzlebox, I am incredibly envious of your incredible, godlike meal.
  • edited January 2012
    I've already eaten, and Puzzlebox's pics still make me feel hungry!

If you had shaped the goat's cheese into a little Max head with bacon ears, maybe you would have won Telltale's latest contest instead!
  • edited January 2012
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    I've already eaten, and Puzzlebox's pics still make me feel hungry!

If you had shaped the goat's cheese into a little Max head with bacon ears, maybe you would have won Telltale's latest contest instead!

You've got to think bigger, WarpSpeed. You need to melt a blend of cheeses a sauces into a mold, deep fry that sucker and wrap it in bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips and *Boot to the head*

Sorry, I've been watching too much Epic Meal Time recently.
  • edited January 2012
    I think the Queen has found all 7 dragonballs and wished for immortality. Just to piss off Charles.
  • edited January 2012
    But the Queen is nothing without Freddie Mercury.
    edited January 2012
    Freddie Mercury.

That reminds me of one of the best Google doodles ever seen. It starts off normal, then it keeps going, and then somehow we get
    Freddie Mercury in SPACE shooting aliens with rainbows, and moustachioed bears on bicycles

I love that it's someone's job to come up with this stuff.
This discussion has been closed.