Stuff to fix in Episode 1 (Possible Spoilers)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Sorry, a double post...
  • edited December 2010
    when I bring the delorean up to 87mph it throws itself into reverse....
    ok fine I made that up.
  • edited December 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    UP TO DATE LIST OF PROBLEMS

Game Breaking Bugs:

It seems it’s possible that the elevator is never activated for the cellar at the soup kitchen, so when you need to do it later. Marty just goes, "This pipe leads to the basement" therefore halting the story and causing one to have to restart the chapter.

[/LIST]

Im so F-ing happy someone pointed that out - it was driving me absolutely nuts!

Just amateur releasing a game with such a bug - not good enough
  • edited December 2010
    Neso007 wrote: »
    Hello !

Almost every second sentence stops before the whole sentence is spoken. Without the subtitles the game is unplayable because you often just dont´t know what the hell doc or marty want to say :-(

Please Telltale get this Bug fixed !

Added to the list (was already there but I re-worded it)
  • edited December 2010
    [*]During a cut scene, Emmett wasn't walking but sort of hovering in his set path from the courthouse to the lawyers' building.

For the record, this only happened to me on my second playthrough. Telltale games kind of do that all the time and you can never tell when or in which circumstances that happens. For instance, this also happened to me in ToMI episode 2 whenever Elaine walks to me, in my first two playthroughs. Without an update or a new installation or anything, it was fixed in my third playthrough.
  • edited December 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    For the record, this only happened to me on my second playthrough. Telltale games kind of do that all the time and you can never tell when or in which circumstances that happens. For instance, this also happened to me in ToMI episode 2 whenever Elaine walks to me, in my first two playthroughs. Without an update or a new installation or anything, it was fixed in my third playthrough.

Yeah I guess, but ill keep it on the list anyway, just something they could look into if they have the time.
  • edited December 2010
    Here is an interesting graphical bug I bumped into a few times.Back.png
  • edited December 2010
    When I tried to use my brain once, it crashed the game to desktop.
  • edited December 2010
    The settings menus at one point wouldn't budge at all for me. Had a similar but more glitchy problem with Puzzle Agent.
  • edited December 2010
    I think I found another continuity error:

Marty parks the DeLorean behind the "Car of the Future" billboard when he arrives, but then, when Doc and Marty get to the DeLorean again, there's a fence going along the road. So, either that fence was added during the day without workers noticing the weird-looking, plane-like car behind the sign or it's a continuity error.

And, pretty please, can you add the "Steamy BTTF2 Vents" to the annoyances? :p
  • edited December 2010
    prizna wrote:
    The DeLoreans cooling vents should steam.

Shouldn't it be "The DeLorean's cooling vents should NOT steam (Post-BTTF2 car)."?
  • edited December 2010
    Carlos85G wrote: »
    Shouldn't it be "The DeLorean's cooling vents should NOT steam (Post-BTTF2 car)."?

oops sorry.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks, again :D
  • edited December 2010
    Speeling error:

Young Edna says "etiquette" before Einstein attacks her, but it's subtitled as "ettiqutte".
  • edited December 2010
    A German Bug:

Most of the spoken text, which is long (for example by Edna) breaks up before he/she finished. I think this happens, because in English, the spoken text is a little bit shorter when they talking than in German.
  • edited December 2010
    Serenity wrote: »
    A German Bug:

Most of the spoken text, which is long (for example by Edna) breaks up before he/she finished. I think this happens, because in English, the spoken text is a little bit shorter when they talking than in German.

This has already been added to the list on page 1.
  • edited December 2010
    Spelling error:

When you ask Doc about Edna for the first time, he says they never socialized much, but it's spelled "soicalized" in the subtitles.
  • edited December 2010
    Macco wrote: »
    When you click ¨ on a (Scandinavian) Mac keyboard, the game crashes.
    btw, I'd like to know, if there is a keystroke on other region's keyboards that cause the game to crash. Start typing people...
  • edited December 2010
    try to make it easy to walk around like an adjustable camera. in all the episodes.
  • edited December 2010
    redfish wrote: »
    Actually, I don't know how they can fix that one. They have to use the same name in the later episodes, and the game can't keep asking you what you named yourself.

The better solution would be to not give you a choice of a name to begin with.

That explains why they keep your choice of alias in a registry key as somebody mentioned earlier.

Overall I really enjoyed this game but here are a few things that annoyed me:

-When using the tape recorder on Artie to get him to come downstairs Marty and Emmett are under the balcony, then Marty walks out from under it, then in the following cutscene Marty and Emmett are seen walking under the balcony as if they are coming from the sidewalk. (I know it's petty but it was annoying)

-I also agree with BrendanK about the dialogue options being a bit weak. I get the joke that you are given choices but Marty just says "Uh" but that kind of joke was overused and made it feel unneccesary to even be choosing an option.

-I would also like to see dialogue options that you have already heard 'greyed out' so you know there is no new information to be gained from asking again. I thought that was standard on all adventure games now.

Oh and I'd really like to be able to drive the DeLorean in a future episode ;)
  • edited December 2010
    That explains why they keep your choice of alias in a registry key as somebody mentioned earlier.
    I have three different save games with three different names going. How is Episode 2 going to figure out which is the "real" one? :confused:
  • edited December 2010
    i dont know if this has been mentioned here before, but in the german version at the beginning when doc is reading his notebook, doc's voice is done by the dubber of MARTY.

thats really kind of sloppy work....
  • edited December 2010
    (Sorry if this was mentioned already.) There's a glitch on my computer where if I try to go lower the graphic level 4, I get the black screen syndrome. And if I'm at the lowest graphic level, (In this case, 4.) it gets all glitchy, not lagging glitchy, It LOOKS glitchy. Random colors all over, messing with the lighting and textures. It's mostly my computer's fault, but it doesn't happen with my other telltale games. (With the exception of Poker Night.)
  • edited December 2010
    Wow, the list is getting pretty long, I hope the telltale staff have at least looked at the list (post 1, page 1).
  • edited January 2011

The preview at the end of the game says episode 2 will be released in February 2010.

That's because you need a time machine to go back a year and get the new episode. ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Will there be a Patch for this Game
  • edited January 2011
    Hello,
    I have recently purchased this game on steam and it looks great on one screen, but it doesn't seem to want to stretch to three screens. The resolution settings have all of the three screen resolutions available (all the way up to 6010x1080) but when you select the high resolutions, the left and right monitors stay black. I messed around and got the screen to stretch a couple of inches into the outer monitors, but I was just stretching the screen, not actually expanding the FOV. Please consider making the FOV expand to three screens for 3D Vision Surround, Eyefinity, and TH2Go users such as myself.

Thanks!
  • edited January 2011
    6010x1080!?

Where are you!? A Movie Theatre?
  • edited January 2011
    Was it just me but was the "use-right-mouse-button-to-run" broke? It didn't work for me!

Use a Kensington Mouseworks Trackball USB.
  • edited January 2011
    PedsterUK wrote: »
    Was it just me but was the "use-right-mouse-button-to-run" broke? It didn't work for me!

Use a Kensington Mouseworks Trackball USB.

You need to left-drag to walk like normal and THEN hold the right button to run.
    Or use WASD and hold shift (much easier to use).
  • edited January 2011
    warezWally wrote: »
    6010x1080!?

Where are you!? A Movie Theatre?

6010x1080 is a three-screen resolution with bezel correction. Eyefinity, TH2Go and Nvidia 3D Vision surround all have the capability of some pretty crazy resolutions!
  • edited January 2011
    Each time I finish making the rocket fuel in Young Doc's lab, the game freezes when selecting the response to when the patent office will respond. Has anyone else had this happen?
  • edited January 2011
    Audio Bug:

When Emmett gives Marty the subpoena, Marty reads his grandfather's name, his lips move, the subtitles show it, but there's no sound; only "I got to subpoena my grandpa?" is heard.
  • edited January 2011
    I went through this episode twice, and only noticed one glitch once the first time going through. An audio glitch, where Kid's line came after his closeup talking shot, meaning it was off.

Don't know about subs, I don't use them. For the game breaking glitch, you people sure that you are doing it in the exact order needed to progress. That order is:

Open the kitchen door, so that Marty notices he can't get in, the tables are blocking it.

Talk to Young Brown about the door.

He'll make a device, but needs time. Try to leave, he will say "Eureka".

Go back to him, now that will trigger the scene of the elevator.

Now go hit the pipe.

That is the order needed, if you did do it in this order and it didn't work. Then yeah, it is a glitch.
    (Sorry if this was mentioned already.) There's a glitch on my computer where if I try to go lower the graphic level 4, I get the black screen syndrome. And if I'm at the lowest graphic level, (In this case, 4.) it gets all glitchy, not lagging glitchy, It LOOKS glitchy. Random colors all over, messing with the lighting and textures. It's mostly my computer's fault, but it doesn't happen with my other telltale games. (With the exception of Poker Night.)

Err... why such weak settings?
  • edited January 2011

Language Bugs:

Upon downloading the english version, German gamers still get German subtitles and text (if they don't fiddle with their system language). There absolutely MUST be an option to change that in-game.

May I object?
    I think that's better to keep it outside the game (like it is now), so they can add languages later.
    I fear that the in-game option would prevent Telltale to add further languages (because they have to re-code and re-test all the game also for the old languages - very unlikely).
    An external selection would be good, but it has to work properly .
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2011
    An external selection would be good, but it has to work properly .

I'd be OK with a launcher option - but that's the minimum. ;)
  • edited January 2011
    why is this thread not sticky anymore? :eek:

i knew it... telltale just pretends to love his customers... they just dont care about our problems....

damn you, telltale, you made me buy all of your games twice and now you really dissapoint me
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah, who stopped this being a sticky thread?
  • edited January 2011
    I found a graphic or game bug, i have no clue what to label it

when i first started playing the game I realized it was in 1024x768, and My monitors bigger then that, so I went to my settings and changed it to 1280x720, upon clicking apply, the game crashed

and I got a "backtoghefuture has stopped working" message from windows.
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Something that is not really broken... but will have to be changed for the PS3 is the fuel puzzle... I had to abandon my game pad to use my much faster... mouse pointer.

Yep, me too. Even cycling through the hotspots was too slow towards the end. Good section though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.