Will TellTale be selling other Jurassic Park merchandise as well?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Ah! Okay, for some reason I thought it was in the first book.

It was, that is where Dodgson first mentioned it. He was telling Biosyn's board of directors about how InGen was cloning dinos, and planning to make mini ones for pet with special food that you could only buy from InGen to keep them alive! :D
    Turns out Hammond heard about Dodgson's BS rumors and denied all of it if i remember right but I'm 100% positive its the first novel!
  • edited February 2011
    Night vision goggles :D

Will they be heavy and expensive?
    RexMaster wrote: »
    It was, that is where Dodgson first mentioned it. He was telling Biosyn's board of directors about how InGen was cloning dinos, and planning to make mini ones for pet with special food that you could only buy from InGen to keep them alive! :D
    Turns out Hammond heard about Dodgson's BS rumors and denied all of it if i remember right but I'm 100% positive its the first novel!

You know what this means?

I'm gona have to re-read the novels!! Yeyyy!!!!! lol
  • edited February 2011
    Night vision goggles :D

Wait a sec... you mean you left your pair on the island cuz i still got mine!
    You know what this means?

I'm gona have to re-read the novels!! Yeyyy!!!!! lol

Could be wrong but those two books are the only books ive read more than once in my life, and I just got the leatherbound version from Barnes and Noble so ill have to doublecheck.
  • edited February 2011
    I got the Barnes and Noble one as well. I skipped over the first novel cause I had just finished reading it a month or two ago and wanted to read The Lost World.

I've read other books more than once but Jurassic Park and The Lost World I've read alot!
  • edited February 2011
    Wait a sec... you mean you left your pair on the island cuz i still got mine!

Could be wrong but those two books are the only books ive read more than once in my life, and I just got the leatherbound version from Barnes and Noble so ill have to doublecheck.

I just picked up the leatherbound copy also reading it atm :D
  • edited February 2011
    I think I'm going to buy the leatherbound book probably tomorrow.
  • edited February 2011

Woops! Just checked, you're right, it's in the first novel. For some reason, I grafted it onto the scene in TLW where Dodgson talks about breeding dinosaurs to use as test subjects in lab experiments, and also mentions building a game preserve in India so big-game hunters can go after dinosaurs and mount a Rex head over their den, which lead to rumors on the internet in 1996 that "JP2" would be about Arliss Howard's characters opening a dino-game preserve in California, (only half-true, as it turns out)...

Actually, in the scene Dodgson suggests that InGen is planing to make mini dino-pets, and Hammond mentions it in passing to Wu later on. Anyhoo, that's embarrassing...:eek:
  • edited February 2011
    robotpo wrote: »
    Woops! Just checked, you're right, it's in the first novel. For some reason, I grafted it onto the scene in TLW where Dodgson talks about breeding dinosaurs to use as test subjects in lab experiments, and also mentions building a game preserve in India so big-game hunters can go after dinosaurs and mount a Rex head over their den, which lead to rumors on the internet in 1996 that "JP2" would be about Arliss Howard's characters opening a dino-game preserve in California, (only half-true, as it turns out)...

Actually, in the scene Dodgson suggests that InGen is planing to make mini dino-pets, and Hammond mentions it in passing to Wu later on. Anyhoo, that's embarrassing...:eek:

I began to get scared there for a sec! Nah, if i cant be suere about something in those novels, i can't be sure about anything in my life so please dont ever prove me wrong!! :D
    Great books, just finished the leatherbound again, I think ima start back from the beginning now, every word is amazing!
  • edited February 2011
    I began to get scared there for a sec! Nah, if i cant be suere about something in those novels, i can't be sure about anything in my life so please dont ever prove me wrong!! :D
    Great books, just finished the leatherbound again, I think ima start back from the beginning now, every word is amazing!

Theres a leatherbound version???
  • edited February 2011
    *Sigh* I miss America, and her awesome bookstores!
  • edited February 2011
    But it's exclusive to Barnes and Nobel.
  • edited February 2011
    Please for the love of god release a Jurassic Park Monopoly!!!!

And the concept art book/barbasol USB idea are the best!
  • edited February 2011
    Reznor2112 wrote: »

HELL TO THE YES!!!!!!!
    I so want a Jurassic Park Monopoly. Me and my brother in laws all play Monopoly and are very competive about it. We even have are own special rules that we use. (Like the ones that are in the G.I. Joe Monopoly) We all have our own monopoly board except for me. We have Mario, Batman, and G.I. Joe. I want Jurassic Park!!!
  • edited February 2011
    a t-shirt would be great
    some small characters, dinosours and vehicles from the movie..
  • edited February 2011
    Reznor2112 wrote: »

Though an awesome idea it is entirely dependent on the people at Hasbro and Universal. Sadly, Telltale don't have any of the rights to be able to give us a Jurassic Park Monopoly.
  • edited February 2011
    What about a TellTale Monopoly?

Do you want to put a hotel on Monkey Island?
    How about one in Scoggins?
  • edited February 2011
    What about a TellTale Monopoly?

Do you want to put a hotel on Monkey Island?
    How about one in Scoggins?

[Goldie Wilson]Now THAT'S a good idea![/Goldie]
  • edited February 2011
    Telltale Monopoly: a great idea but a licencing nightmare!
  • edited March 2011
    I'd agree with what others have said.

Shirts seem like a must. The soundtrack to the game would be cool, very cool. Maybe a making of the game book, if someone would be interested in writing it. Or a Jurassic Park dinosaur field guide.
  • edited March 2011
    Avatar items on Xbox live and PSN would be nice.
  • edited March 2011
    _Veritas_ wrote: »
    I'd agree with what others have said.

Shirts seem like a must. The soundtrack to the game would be cool, very cool. Maybe a making of the game book, if someone would be interested in writing it. Or a Jurassic Park dinosaur field guide.

I can whole heartidly double agree on this!
  • PoFPoF
    edited March 2011
    Dinosaur artworks... In a book ! A giant book ! I would totally pay for that.

And if you can make at least as good as Papo, Dinosaur toys.
  • edited March 2011
    You know what I always wanted? I want the yellow Jurassic Park rain coats they wore in the movie. Those are cool.

This would be so cool, the Nedry screensaver too.

Why not a replica of the Muldoon gun? A Hammond cane with a moskito insite?

A block of amber with a moskito inside, a park brochure, an orange workman's helmet.

Maybe a baby raptor dinosaur egg? A miniature JP Main Door.
  • edited March 2011
    Giu3232 wrote: »
    This would be so cool, the Nedry screensaver too.

Why not a replica of the Muldoon gun? A Hammond cane with a moskito insite?

A block of amber with a moskito inside, a park brochure, an orange workman's helmet.

Maybe a baby raptor dinosaur egg? A miniature JP Main Door.

Well, I think most of that is simply too expensive to produce for them. But a realistic park brochure with a map would be awsome and affordable!
  • edited March 2011
    I remember as a child they had baby Raptors in eggs, so I think Telltale wouldn't be original doing that. UNLESS they could somehow make it their own.
  • edited March 2011
    Barbasol :D

And for merchandise in general; wouldn't it be cool if Hasbro made a toy-line based on the game? ;)
    I second this.

Figures of the Hardings, Nima, and the Smugglers as well as Dinosaurs, maybe the Jeep (JP 14)?

Hasbro have been pretty good with their action figure lines lately having high quality sculpted figures as well as super-articulation.

Similar to the Star Wars line and the Video Game tie-ins/characters these would follow that model as part of a bigger Jurassic Park toy line.

This could kick off an new marketing franchise for JP in general.
  • edited March 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    I remember as a child they had baby Raptors in eggs, so I think Telltale wouldn't be original doing that. UNLESS they could somehow make it their own.

This, I never owned one, but I had Baby Alador (still in my room in fact) from Disney's Dinosaur. :)
  • edited March 2011
    Limited editon with a fullsize T-Rex head make it happen Telltalle :)
  • edited March 2011
    nagasadow wrote: »
    The denis nedry screen saver:D UH UH UH You didnt say the magic word :D

The barbasol can idea would be cool. How about a special edition of the game that comes in a barbasol can and the game files are on a usb thumb drive that hides in the can?

this i need
  • edited March 2011
    Here are some ideas I have.

T-shirts would be a must, I would totally buy one (if they come in extra large :P)

trading cards, with characters and dinosaurs in the game

A small booklet that has concept art and production notes. Kind of like how they did with Star Wars the Clone Wars season 1 DVD release.

Mugs, cups, and plates (the plate should the plate from the scene where they eat Chillian Sea Bass in the first movie)

key chains would be nice.

mouse pads, that could go well with the PC/Mac version of the game.

bobble heads, and the Dennis Nedry one would look like how he looked on his computer saying "ah ah ah! You didn't say the magic word!"
  • edited March 2011
    The map of the park, and brochure, would be really cool. And if it is possible, an adequate toy car. If Ford explorer would be featured (at least under different name, to not involve the license). It is really sad that until now only thing that we have is this 1/20 scale model. http://www.hollywood-diecast.com/jurassic%20park.jpg
    It is the time for something like this - http://www.johnspangler.com/models/jurassicford/jurassicford.html
  • edited March 2011
    what about the merchandise from the first movie? like in the gift shop scene? copy some of them items.
  • edited March 2011
    The map and brochures of the park would be cool indeed. It would be particularly nice, if Ford Explorer will be featured in-game (and I hope that it will), for Telltale to offer a 1/20 Ford explorer for a sale (or smaller scale). It is really sad that until present day there had been only one such model (and a wrong one, if I may add) http://www.hollywood-diecast.com/jurassic%20park.jpg

I long to see something like this one: http://www.johnspangler.com/models/jurassicford/jurassicford01.jpg (keep in mind, this is not factory made, but a fan creation)
  • edited March 2011
    It's always a pleasure to watch some concept art, I'll buy it if you make a book with concept art.
  • edited March 2011
    Posters would be cool.
  • edited March 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    Posters would be cool.

How bout the Telltale Jurassic Park poster you had at E3, Telltale? That would be great, or how bout those ones you had at GDC which I got to see in person that featured the Rex and Trike in that epic duel? That would be cool although I would also love to buy the Rex in the rotunda... hell, everything from the game that I have seen, I have loved so I'll buy whatever poster, or whatever merchandise you can come up with (that means if you make it expensive you will make lotsa money offa me ;) )!
  • edited March 2011
    What about calenders? That'd be pretty cool.
  • edited March 2011
    I know its unlikely but action figures of in-game characters would be pretty dang cool... So I can buy them for my son and secretly play with them when everyone is out of the house.
  • edited March 2011
    I would love to own a Jurassic Park mug!

These are affordable for Telltale I think: the mug and the T-shirt.

But I have always wondered about the merchandise IN the first movie (in the scene with Hammond, Ellie and the ice cream). Oh and I would love to have that wallpaper of Jurassic Park from the Isla Sorna Visitor Center (or whatever building that was).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.