Jurassic Park delayed ???

edited April 2011 in Jurassic Park
Well steam has now removed April from it's release date sign now it's just saids 2011 any thoughts.

Think it's strange that we have a release date for Hector episode 1 but no release on JP or BTTF episode 4

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Psst - Steam is not Telltale. Incredibly misleading title. Steam just thought it'd move it in case TTG releases it on the thirtieth and Steam doesn't recieve a build until the first, if I guess.
  • edited April 2011
    Best to have it done than an early release in my opinion. Release dates are always estimates due to the complexity of software engineering. A good release is better than a flawed one any day. Ive been bit by too many buggy unplayable games in the past. Telltale has always released their products with a rare sense of quality over pressure to release, I would rather they continue their business practices in that direction.
  • edited April 2011
    jimrad1 wrote: »
    Best to have it done than an early release in my opinion. Release dates are always estimates due to the complexity of software engineering. A good release is better than a flawed one any day. Ive been bit by too many buggy unplayable games in the past. Telltale has always released their products with a rare sense of quality over pressure to release, I would rather they continue their business practices in that direction.

i completely agree besides there isn't all that much evidence suggesting a delay
  • edited April 2011
    "Jurassic Park delayed ???"

"All major theme parks have delays."
  • edited April 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    Psst - Steam is not Telltale. Incredibly misleading title. Steam just thought it'd move it in case TTG releases it on the thirtieth and Steam doesn't recieve a build until the first, if I guess.

Misleading was not my intention I was simply asking a question, notice all the question marks ?
  • edited April 2011
    jpark_08 wrote: »
    "All major theme parks have delays."

Good one :)
  • edited April 2011
    telltale wouldve announced by now and i pmed mark darin about it and he said that hes sorry for being quiet we are just working hard on JP dont worry they got it under control
  • edited April 2011
    We still have five days keep cool everyone.
  • edited April 2011
    We still have five days keep cool everyone.

actually four and come on guys its the FIRST day of dinosaur week friday will ost likely be the release and JP is the most special out of the big three being released (bttf,hector,JP)
  • edited April 2011
    telltale wouldve announced by now and i pmed mark darin about it and he said that hes sorry for being quiet we are just working hard on JP dont worry they got it under control

:mad: THAT'S WHAT JOHN HAMMOND ALWAYS SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JK. You see, we can go forward with complete confidence that the game WILL be released soon.
  • edited April 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    :mad: THAT'S WHAT JOHN HAMMOND ALWAYS SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JK. You see, we can go forward with complete confidence that the game WILL be released soon.

at least this time we want dinos to break out of their cages :p:p
  • edited April 2011
    at least this time we want dinos to break out of their cages :p:p

Actually thats what we want to see. thats been the whole point of the JP game from the very begining
  • edited April 2011
    .........Jurassic Park isn't in the store...IT ISN'T FEATURED is what I meant to say...I never checked to see if it was still for pre-order.
  • edited April 2011
    I can't find it to buy..
    Great.
  • edited April 2011
    Given the technical and design difficulties they are going to face, I'd say its the right move.

EDIT: Also, good news, that gives me more time to play BTTF: Episode 3, been busy with work :D
  • edited April 2011
    jimrad1 wrote: »

Actually, Telltale Games not really like to patch their games unless you buy their DVD versions of them.
  • edited April 2011
    I just want to know when it's being released.

I don't care about anything else no more.
  • edited April 2011
    Anything else?
  • edited April 2011
    lol
  • edited April 2011
    What?
  • edited April 2011
    Does anybody have Jurassic Park listed in "Your games"? It is not showing yet.
  • edited April 2011
    I just got a email saying its delayed until Fall.
  • edited April 2011
    slitka wrote: »
    I just got a email saying its delayed until Fall.

I got the same email. Does this mean that Walking Dead and everything else is also delayed?
  • edited April 2011
    It´s been delayed!!!
  • edited April 2011
    Jurassic Park to the FALL. I just wished they would have come up with this early...
  • edited April 2011
    The email has been sent. No Jurassic Park this month... release this FALL, so, we are in the dark oblivion.
  • edited April 2011
    Hi,
    I just got the same email too and it also says they are refunding the money back for those who pre-ordered. Why are they doing that. Just because it is being delayed till fall doesn't change the fact I want the game. They don't need to refund the money back. Wheither it comes out this month or in the fall doesn't matter, I still want to get the game.
  • edited April 2011
    So with the refunds, does that mean we get our money back AND still keep Jurassic Park the game? Surely not........
  • edited April 2011
    WesMote44 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just got the same email too and it also says they are refunding the money back for those who pre-ordered. Why are they doing that. Just because it is being delayed till fall doesn't change the fact I want the game. They don't need to refund the money back. Wheither it comes out this month or in the fall doesn't matter, I still want to get the game.

Maybe we get the money AND the game ;)
  • WesMote44 wrote: »
    Hi,

i think a lot of people would be mad that they are paying for a game in march and april that is not released until october/november so the money is being refunded for peace of mind and those who still want it can put their money in the savings for a few months!
  • edited April 2011
    So that means I have to preorder the game again? Well the refund surely is a nice thing, but honestly, if they promise to make the game better, why not use the money from the preorders (those, who want that) to fullfill this? For me it doesn't matter if I wait 'till fall or if this game comes out this month. Either way... if they refund the game, I'll make sure to preorder it as soon as it get's available for preorder. Also it's rare that they hand out a free game as compensation... who actually does that these days? This is what I understand in "customer care". Great TTG ;)

Also does that mean the game is "complete" then? So no episodes?
    Well guys @ Telltale, keep up the good work, and make the game great. I've waited that long... well I can wait a little longer ;)

So polish up that dinosaur rampage and hand out a great game in fall ;)
    Hope to receive another email, when the game is ready to pre-order again.
  • edited April 2011
    slitka wrote: »
    So with the refunds, does that mean we get our money back AND still keep Jurassic Park the game? Surely not........
    Ya, I was wondering about that too...
  • edited April 2011
    Ahh was looking forward to this (the game, not the delay).

I'm primarily a console player but pre-ordered the PC version this week. If the letter meant release on all platforms this fall I'll just use my refund to buy the XBLA version.

Great customer service nonetheless.
  • edited April 2011
    MasterTutu wrote: »
    Ya, I was wondering about that too...

Good question. Here's the answer:

You get the free game of your choice and the refund. You'll be able to re-purchase Jurassic Park on the platform of your choice come this fall.
  • edited April 2011
    You get your money back AND a free existing game of your choice. Codes will be sent shortly.
  • edited April 2011
    I would Like Hector for free :P

I already own every other game :(
  • edited April 2011
    What happens if you bought JP somewhere else?
  • edited April 2011
    I already own everything, including Hector. Could I wait until Puzzle Agent 2 is out and get that? :P
  • edited April 2011
    What happens if you bought JP somewhere else?

Jurassic Park was only ever available through the Telltale Games Store.
  • edited April 2011
    Jurassic Park was only ever available through the Telltale Games Store.
    I definitely did buy JP on Gamersgate and paid for it. But we will have to see what they will do then.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.