Jurassic Park delayed ???

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Hmmm pmzanetti I reckon you need to pick your toys up and put them back in your pram I have purchased many games from telltale and "no idea what they are doing", "horrible mishandling", "poorly managed company", "lie to superiors" and "embelish those lies" are very strong terms to bandy around I hope that you are never in a situation in your work life where you are unable to live up to the expecatations of a client or at least I hope that client has a little more class than you ae showing here.

Release delays are a fact of life in the game industry and up till now telltale have hardly been guilty of delays so cut them some slack as I am sure that there must be a damn good reason to delay this late in the day.

Lets deal with a bit of reality here MANY games slip drastically how many publishers offer full refunds and as a good will gesture a free game? Thats right none that I have heard of before lets take one big example ever heard of Duke Nukem Forever?
  • edited April 2011
    pmzanetti wrote: »
    This is a HUGE disappointment, not to mention, horribly poor handling by telltale.

How these hacks were ever allowed to touch the Jurassic Park franchise is a mystery to me. They make cartoons instead of games, and the one chance they have to do something good, they blow it entirely. They wait until 4 days left in the month, the month in which they claimed to be releasing the product, and then they say Nope, it will actually take 5 - 7 more months for us to get one episode, thats ONE FIFTH of the the game, out the door.

Unbelievable. Embarrassing. Ridiculous.

Is it just a game? Sure it is...but I bet its not "just a game" to Telltale, and this second rate amateur handling of just took my interest from 'slight' down to 'zero'.

They also need to make sure that 1/5 of the game matches the other 4/5 that come after it.

Unless the delay is as sudden to them as it is to us, then yes, perhaps they left the announcement a little late. But I think they're doing more than enough to attempt to rectify it.

Now... fall/autumn... hurry up!
  • edited April 2011
    Cabal84 wrote: »
    Well as far as I understood the mail, the game will be complete (full game) and not episodic. Was first planned to be episodic like the other games.
    So I think they use the time to finish all episodes and release one complete game. But of course I could be wrong.

i don't think that is the case...although I would love that,because it would be a full-fledged long game instead of 5 small episodes,which are fine but (in my case) episodic games destroy immersion,not to mention the eagerly waiting to see what happens next...i always prefer lengthier experiences instead of small parts;and if a full game was successful ,they would have reasons to make sequels....but anyway i don't think they will do that,which is still ok.
  • edited April 2011
    I would like to be given the chance not to be refunded and keep my preorder, because I really dont mind waiting for the game to come out, I trust TellTale and was never disapointed by your games, and I think I have them all with the exception of the Bone ones and this new Hector Episode 1 that I didnt preorder because I already have Puzzle Agent 1
  • edited April 2011
    I would like to be given the chance not to be refunded and keep my preorder, because I really dont mind waiting for the game to come out, I trust TellTale and was never disapointed by your games, and I think I have them all with the exception of the Bone ones and this new Hector Episode 1 that I didnt preorder because I already have Puzzle Agent 1

EXACTLY! That's all I want. I just want to keep my pre-order.
  • edited April 2011
    Again, what reason is there to presume something so asinine? All this means is that they are a very, very poorly managed company. When things like this happen in this business world, its because people working on a project lie to their superiors, who in turn embellish those lies to management. That's how you get 4 days from a release date, and the truth comes out, and suddenly its pushed back 6 months.

Well, I can only assume they need more time to make it a better product. Maybe I'm wrong - the only people who will ever know are those who are involved with its creation.

Things like this happen. People are disappointed. That's understandable - but if it's Telltale's fault I'm sure they're getting hassle from whoever at Universal is in charge of such affairs. As consumers all we need to do is decide whether we still want the game or not when it comes out. They're giving people their money back, many companies would make you ask for it if a product isn't cancelled completely.
  • edited April 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »

Oh for cryin' out loud, you can just order it again! And, depending on how their free game voucher works, possibly for free! How hard is that?

Telltale's done everything they need to and then some to make up for this. I remember preordering Little Big Planet 2 last year and it got delayed for a few months close to the last minute as well. They didn't offer any free games or content by way of apology, I just got to buy the game in January like everybody else.
  • edited April 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »

Im in the same boat, happy to keep my pre-order.
  • edited April 2011
    i don't care, if you guys need more time, no problem, have all the time you need.

better this way, than releasing an unfinished, buggy game.

go, telltale!
  • edited April 2011
    Cyphox wrote: »
    i don't care, if you guys need more time, no problem, have all the time you need.

better this way, than releasing an unfinished, buggy game.

go, telltale!

This. Completely this. Everyone who is on the verge of tears over this needs to step back and think about the quality of the game.
  • edited April 2011
    yeah, i call total shenannigans on telltale for this... personally didnt pre-order JP, but was looking forward to it the same none-the-less. told tons of friends about this game, defended the adventure game concept to the core as well as talked nothing but great words about this company to everyone i know, and now we're all sittin here sad, disappointed and angry. i love how they teased all you pre-orderers with the whole Title Pops up, Title turns bold, you get THE SERIAL NUMBER to the game and then an email saying too bad guys, tough luck. if its going to be delayed till fall, its was obviously a problem that you knew couldnt be resolved by the end of the month, yet u lead everyone on...

also totally sucks about the Dinosaur Week at IGN, must have really fucked them up with the delay seeing as it couldnt just be a coincidence that the release happened to align perfect together with it. more money down the drain for both parties im sure.

oh well, totally Busch Leagued it this time guys...
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    On the subject of refunds vs. keeping the pre-order: I'd imagine it would be a bit of an administrative nightmare to figure out who wants refunds and who doesn't. Easier to blanket refund, and then everyone can re-order on whatever platform suits them best come fall.
  • edited April 2011
    At first I was REALLY REALLY REALLY pissed off...but now I realize, it's gonna be SO much better for me personally on the PS3. Plus now I get BTTF free and Sam and Max half off. HECK YES!...wait...do I still get the Insider Forum?
  • edited April 2011
    What makes you think it will be "better" just because its going to take longer?

By all accounts it seems they have no idea what they're doing, as evidenced by this horrible mishandling. They can't even get ONE episode out in reasonable time, and they pretended like they were going to.

Telltale has a policy of adhering to a strict monthly release schedule. Sure, they could theoretically push out episode 1 this month and then delay the rest of the game, but they don't want to have that long of a wait between episodes. When you do that, you fail episodic gaming. Look at Half-Life 2 Episode 3. That's now how it's supposed to work. Telltale is the only company that has ever managed to do episodic gaming right.

And you act as if they've known all month that it was going to be delayed. This is a decision that was very hard for them to make, and they've only just come to it. I know they're making Back to the Future right now, but that doesn't mean they have a time machine with which to give you an announcement earlier in the month.
  • edited April 2011
    itssas83 wrote: »

LOL.No kidding.
  • edited April 2011
    Telltale has a policy of adhering to a strict monthly release schedule. Sure, they could theoretically push out episode 1 this month and then delay the rest of the game, but they don't want to have that long of a wait between episodes. When you do that, you fail episodic gaming. Look at Half-Life 2 Episode 3. That's now how it's supposed to work. Telltale is the only company that has ever managed to do episodic gaming right.

No one was really fond of the long delay between Episodes 1 and 2 of Back to the Future, either.
  • edited April 2011
    I just got the email!!!!! The game is delayed!!!! NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • edited April 2011
    For the free game, can I just use that on Jurassic Park when it comes out? I'm not interested in any other TellTale game...
  • edited April 2011
    yeah, i call total shenannigans on telltale for this... personally didnt pre-order JP, but was looking forward to it the same none-the-less. told tons of friends about this game, defended the adventure game concept to the core as well as talked nothing but great words about this company to everyone i know, and now we're all sittin here sad, disappointed and angry. i love how they teased all you pre-orderers with the whole Title Pops up, Title turns bold, you get THE SERIAL NUMBER to the game and then an email saying too bad guys, tough luck. if its going to be delayed till fall, its was obviously a problem that you knew couldnt be resolved by the end of the month, yet u lead everyone on...

also totally sucks about the Dinosaur Week at IGN, must have really fucked them up with the delay seeing as it couldnt just be a coincidence that the release happened to align perfect together with it. more money down the drain for both parties im sure.

I understand your frustration, I really do.

Just to clarify though, we made the announcement as soon as we possibly could after making the tough decision to release the game on all platforms this fall.

The end result of the tough decision though will be a great game with even more time spent on making the game exactly what Jurassic Park fans have been dying for.
  • edited April 2011
    I understand your frustration, I really do.

Just to clarify though, we made the announcement as soon as we possibly could after making the tough decision to release the game on all platforms this fall.

The end result of the tough decision though will be a great game with even more time spent on making the game exactly what Jurassic Park fans have been dying for.

Alan, will we be able to RE-PRE-ORDER the game with this free voucher thing? Or can we keep our pre-orders?
  • edited April 2011
    This is a HUGE disappointment, not to mention, horribly poor handling by telltale.

How these hacks were ever allowed to touch the Jurassic Park franchise is a mystery to me. They make cartoons instead of games, and the one chance they have to do something good, they blow it entirely. They wait until 4 days left in the month, the month in which they claimed to be releasing the product, and then they say Nope, it will actually take 5 - 7 more months for us to get one episode, thats ONE FIFTH of the the game, out the door.

Unbelievable. Embarrassing. Ridiculous.

Is it just a game? Sure it is...but I bet its not "just a game" to Telltale, and this second rate amateur handling of just took my interest from 'slight' down to 'zero'.

This Is brilliant. Finally someone on here who isn't deluded enough to think that Telltale is the be-all and end-all of game companies.

This news is absolutely appalling. No excuse. What i don't get is why they left all of us waiting right till the end of April when they said it was due for release. SURELY they would have realized earlier that they had another 6 months of work to do on the game?!

Good thing though really because it was looking absolutely horrible the way it's been shown so far.

But i completely agree, HOW ON EARTH did THIS company get the licenses to two of the greatest achievements of man... and then turn them into the most embarrassing products to date.
    I wouldn't mind so much about the quality of the games if it wasn't for the way this company handles itself. The way it seems to think what an acceptable method of treating its customers is, by saying.. "Yeah it'll be done by April don't you worry!" with no specific date to look forward to.

Do you know how infuriating that is to all of us? We have payed you money. The last thing you could do is let us know when we will be receiving your half-assed product.

One last thing, why do you think it's alright to release trailers AFTER the product has been released?

I'm done. That's been building up for quite some time. Enjoy.
  • edited April 2011
    Wtf!!!!!!!!!!noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!:(
  • edited April 2011
    You will be able to "re-purchase" Jurassic Park with the coupon we provide when we make the game available again. The voucher we offer will not have an expiration date.
  • edited April 2011
    You will be able to "re-purchase" Jurassic Park with the coupon we provide when we make the game available again. The voucher we offer will not have an expiration date.

THANK YOU SO MUCH ALAN. I am done being mad now. Just continue to show the Pre Order forum and everyone updates as this updated game comes along.
  • edited April 2011

That's Customer Service. :D
  • edited April 2011
    usfgeek1 wrote: »
    This Is brilliant. Finally someone on here who isn't deluded enough to think that Telltale is the be-all and end-all of game companies.

This news is absolutely appalling. No excuse. What i don't get is why they left all of us waiting right till the end of April when they said it was due for release. SURELY they would have realized earlier that they had another 6 months of work to do on the game?!

Good thing though really because it was looking absolutely horrible the way it's been shown so far.

But i completely agree, HOW ON EARTH did THIS company get the licenses to two of the greatest achievements of man... and then turn them into the most embarrassing products to date.
    I wouldn't mind so much about the quality of the games if it wasn't for the way this company handles itself. The way it seems to think what an acceptable method of treating its customers is, by saying.. "Yeah it'll be done by April don't you worry!" with no specific date to look forward to.

Do you know how infuriating that is to all of us? We have payed you money. The last thing you could do is let us know when we will be receiving your half-assed product.

One last thing, why do you think it's alright to release trailers AFTER the product has been released?

I'm done. That's been building up for quite some time. Enjoy.

Message received.

That said, I would like to re-iterate the fact that we made the announcement as soon as the tough decision was made.

I do understand your frustration though.
  • edited April 2011
    We will wait for as long as it takes.

We will not accept a cancellation of our purchase, nor a refund.

We do not accept we'll have to buy it again at a higher price.

The deal of pre-purchases is: you have to advance the payment, but the price is locked. So shall be.

Do not dare to cancel the pre-purchase contract. We'll wait.

'nuff said.
  • edited April 2011

what the... wait... i already got the refund... AND i can "purchase" jp with the "we're sorry, here's a game for free"-coupon for FREE? :confused:

how many preorders were placed so far? thats kind of.... bullsh? isnt it? :confused:

edit: but i have to say, you guys kill me, 80% on everything for preordering bttf, now jp free for preordering jp, thats insane.
  • edited April 2011
    VittoOuWan wrote: »
    We will wait for as long as it takes.

The deal of pre-purchases is: you have to advance the payment, but the price is locked. So shall be.

Do not dare to cancel the pre-purchase contract. We'll wait.

'nuff said. Stop.

Your getting a refund.
    Your getting a free game coupon good towards Jurassic Park.
    What more can you ask for?
  • edited April 2011
    I really want more of a specific reason as to why it's being delayed. What precisely are you improving on? Why did this come up so late?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    VittoOuWan wrote: »

You'll be able to "buy" it for free with the voucher being offered in compensation. Refund, PLUS you get the JP game for free (or another Telltale game of your choice). Seems pretty fair to me.
  • edited April 2011
    SimonDeCow wrote: »
    Your getting a refund.

Jeff Goldblum and Wayne Knight!
  • edited April 2011
    Message received.

That said, I would like to re-iterate the fact that we made the announcement as soon as the tough decision was made.

I do understand your frustration though.

Hey Alan

I hope that you and the team don't let this admittedly small band of classless idiots who are acting like spoilt brats who want a toy that another child has get you all down, I think that you are all acting in the best interest of the quality of the end product.

Not many game companies have the balls to have members of their team post on a forum after a regrettable announcement like this. I am 100% sure that no one wanted to make this call and anyone that thinks that you deliberately planned this is just an idiot.

I am sure that when a few of these people calm down and stop acting like 3 year olds having a tantrum they will realise that the world doesn't owe them something that they are not able to produce themselves and that everything that you are doing to generate good will is way above and beyond anything that ANY other games company would do.

Lets face it giant companies like Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and EA have to delay products and they have significantly larger resources......
  • edited April 2011

doesnt the rest of "Hector" come out in the fall?? so they officially failed episodic gaming, by your own description.
  • edited April 2011
    DarkLink wrote: »
    Jeff Goldblum and Wayne Knight!
    jurassic_park_tyranosaurus_rex_jeff_goldblum.jpgWayne-Knight-Jurassic-Park.7.jpg

:D
  • edited April 2011
    doesnt the rest of "Hector" come out in the fall?? so they officially failed episodic gaming, by your own description.

On the other hand, Hector isn't developed by Telltale. They're just porting it to PC and Mac. ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Well now im POed. But i'll wait :3 Even though im slightly impatient, I can hold it off for another hour or two, then in two hours we get the game...Right?
  • edited April 2011
    SimonDeCow wrote: »
    Your getting a refund.

Jurassic Park? as we've been led to believe?
  • edited April 2011
    Jurassic Park? as we've been led to believe?
    Jurassic-Park-logo.jpg
  • edited April 2011

Yeah Moon Landing Episode 1 was a great disapointment, and don't get me started on "Renaissance", total peice of crap.
    The way it seems to think what an acceptable method of treating its customers is, by saying.. "Yeah it'll be done by April don't you worry!" with no specific date to look forward to.

Because no company has ever been wrong about an estimated release date.

A) They are refunding your money, you have lost nothing, they have lost a significant amout of money.
    B) If it is half assed, shouldn't it be delayed?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.