Jurassic Park delayed ???

12346»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Not to mention Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3. It's a big year for gaming.
  • edited April 2011
    Where's the love for Gears of War 3!? :confused: And the rumored Halo HD Remake... ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Hehe, and SWTOR still has a supposed release in 2011.... :D
  • edited April 2011
    I just hope we get a great game!

But did they think about the games that are going to be released... like Uncharted 3, Gears 3 etc etc??
  • edited April 2011
    well there's a gap between major releases in the third week of october...and hmmm *checks day planner* I think I can pencil it in the second week of november. lol hey, at least it wont be a lame year for releases.
  • edited April 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    I just hope we get a great game!

But did they think about the games that are going to be released... like Uncharted 3, Gears 3 etc etc??
    Well, despite their licenses I still see TTG's games more of a niche genre,
    and I mean no disrespect. It's my niche, after all... ;)
    And with that, I think, they know that they at least get their hardcore fans right away,
    the die-hard Jurassic Park fans probably, too, and the other nichees when there's a gap
    in the mainstream releases.
    With that in mind, one can plan around such events.

At least, that's the way I see it. And I may be wrong. Way, way wrong. :p
    At any rate, TTG still has my support 100%,
    and I cant wait for the Hector #1 release later today.... :D
  • edited April 2011
    Okay now that the dust has settled I am happier, I Love You Alan

That is pretty awsome of TTG to do

Free Voucher that works on JP ^_^

Thats what being a Loyal TTG Fan does I tells ya !
  • edited April 2011
    Talahar wrote: »
    and I cant wait for the Hector #1 release later today.... :D

whoooat? its going to be released today? are you serious?

edit: omg, its true, that's awesome
  • edited April 2011
    Cyphox wrote: »
    whoooat? its going to be released today? are you serious?

edit: omg, its true, that's awesome
    Isn't it? :)
    And BttF4 is supposed to come out soon as well.... :D
    So, yeah, the JP delay blow is softened rather nicely, I'd say, old chap!

(/me wonders where that british person came from just now)

edit: it's the booze. It usually is.
  • edited April 2011
    Well I started this thread with a question and a suspicion that the game might be delayed and to quote Ian Malcolm: Boy, do I hate being right all the time!

Anyways no worries just glad to have an official statement and will definitely buy it when it finally comes out..
  • edited April 2011
    With all the games Telltale announced in the past few months (didn't they just announced that Law & Order game) I'm surprised they didn't delay a game. I mean jeez they are making like 6 games! Probably not all at the same time, but still that's a lot to put on your plate even for big development companies.

I'm not worried about the delay, I mean I haven't even finished some of the Telltale games even though I have them all.
  • edited April 2011
    VittoOuWan wrote: »
    A very big difference is that with Amazon you don't pay in advance, but your card is charged ONLY when they are shipping.

Ah, you're absolutely right. Thanks for correcting me.
  • edited April 2011
    I can see a few reasons for the delay:
    - the BTTF season is still running. It's problably not a good idea to have two movie franchises at the same time.
    - the Spielberg dinosaur television series Terra Nova has been delayed to the fall (this was announced a few weeks ago). Maybe Telltale wants to ride on the renewed dinosaur hype that this series might cause and decided to delay their dinosaur product too.
    - Launching on all platforms at the same time is a better way to spend marketing money and avoid grumpy reactions from gamers whose platform is not yet handled.
  • edited April 2011
    MasterTutu wrote: »
    - the BTTF season is still running. It's problably not a good idea to have two movie franchises at the same time.
    - the Spielberg dinosaur television series Terra Nova has been delayed to the fall (this was announced a few weeks ago). Maybe Telltale wants to ride on the renewed dinosaur hype that this series might cause and decided to delay their dinosaur product too.
    - Launching on all platforms at the same time is a better way to spend marketing money and avoid grumpy reactions from gamers whose platform is not yet handled.

Its because Telltale signed with Microsoft:
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/68250/telltale-signs-on-as-xbox
  • edited April 2011
    Talahar wrote: »
    Isn't it? :)
    And BttF4 is supposed to come out soon as well.... :D
    So, yeah, the JP delay blow is softened rather nicely, I'd say, old chap!

No kidding. Maybe they should have waited just a little longer and announced it all at once.

"The long awaited 4th episode of Back to the Future has arrived! Also, check out the first episode of Hector! And by the way we delayed Jurassic Park until the fall, just so you know. Enjoy the new games!" :D
  • edited April 2011
    MasterTutu wrote: »

Maybe the game release will coincide with the JP trilogy Blu-Ray this way, too.
  • edited April 2011
    The Bluray version of the game won't be out before november, and JP says fall.
  • edited April 2011
    Why must every game Dinosaur related be so hard to release? I mean look at Primal Carnage (that i am waiting too for). They even take donations to get the game a go. Here is a link: http://www.primalcarnage.com/website/

I mean are Dinosaurs so hated in the video-game industry?

Either bad quality (Jurassic The Hunted) or delays over delays (Crysis 1 JP Mod, Primal Carnage, Jurassic Park The Game)...
  • edited April 2011
    Spiker wrote: »
    Why must every game Dinosaur related be so hard to release? I mean look at Primal Carnage (that i am waiting too for). They even take donations to get the game a go. Here is a link: http://www.primalcarnage.com/website/

I mean are Dinosaurs so hated in the video-game industry?

Either bad quality (Jurassic The Hunted) or delays over delays (Crysis 1 JP Mod, Primal Carnage, Jurassic Park The Game)...

Trespasser... *cries in the corner*
  • edited April 2011
    jwb1 wrote: »
    Its because Telltale signed with Microsoft:
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/68250/telltale-signs-on-as-xbox

I was wondering how long it would take the conspiracy theorists to point to the Xbox deal as the reason the game was delayed.
  • edited April 2011
    When I get my refund as store credit I'm simply gonna hold onto it and then reorder JP with it. Used the voucher to get Hector :)
  • edited April 2011
    jannar85 wrote: »
    The Bluray version of the game won't be out before november, and JP says fall.
    What!? There are no such things as Blu-Ray games...

It's very possible for the Blu-Ray versions of the Movies to come this Fall, it's been confirmed for a release, but not a when.

May have been an additional contributing factor to the decision on Monday night.
  • edited April 2011
    I was wondering how long it would take the conspiracy theorists to point to the Xbox deal as the reason the game was delayed.

Another conspiracy theory could be that it was delayed because of the PSN Hack stopping them from being able to sell the game on PSN for a while.
  • edited April 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    Another conspiracy theory could be that it was delayed because of the PSN Hack stopping them from being able to sell the game on PSN for a while.

The game wasn't coming out on PSN till fall regardless.

My guess is there's a combination of reasons for the delay. The need of more polish, the Xbox deal, a chance to tie the game in with the (possible) release of the films on Blu-ray, etc.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.