Jurassic Park delayed ???

Comments

• edited April 2011
    SimonDeCow wrote: »
    I've reread your post and I understand what your saying, normally if you are in the position to sue somebody, and they offer you payment, that is considered a settlement which means waiver of liability. However in this situation, Nobody is in a position to sue, this was not a binding contract, this was a pre-order, they have made good on this by refunding money, and offering a free game as reimbursement.

I do understand your side, and your disappointment. :D

I am very surprised that all that can be decided unilaterally.

After being informed of the delay I was not asked if I wanted to leave the contract as it was, or rather have it cancelled and refunded.

Since you imply that advancing a payment didn't bind Telltale to anything, I'm starting to wonder... what did we do it for, if not to lock the sale? Why were we so naive?

Next time, if there will ever be a next time (I seldom do business again with those who did not keep their word, and I'm NOT talking about release dates: those were never granted), what would I gain in pre-ordering and pre-paying?!?!?
  • edited April 2011
    While some folks might be totally fine with us holding on to their pre-order (and their hard-earned cash) until the game launches this fall, some might not. Best to just make sure everyone is happy.....

So ask what each one of them what they would prefer: leave it as it is and wait, or else cancel and refund.

Everyone gets what they want and everyone is happy (but a bit sad for the longer wait) :)
  • edited April 2011
    VittoOuWan wrote: »
    I am very surprised that all that can be decided unilaterally.

After being informed of the delay I was not asked if I wanted to leave the contract as it was, or rather have it cancelled and refunded.

Since you imply that advancing a payment didn't bind Telltale to anything, I'm starting to wonder... what did we do it for, if not to lock the sale? Why were we so naive?

Next time, if there will ever be a next time (I seldom do business again with those who did not keep their word, and I'm NOT talking about release dates: those were never granted), what would I gain in pre-ordering an pre-paying?!?!?

With this pre-order you gained access to an insider forum, and get updates before others would, as well as access to the game as soon as it is released, which in this case was delayed substantially, leading to the refund and free game.

In other words, you don't gain much of anything by pre-ordering, at least people are getting compensation for this, by not being able to meet the release, they are offering the game on the house.
  • edited April 2011
    usfgeek1 wrote: »
    Classless eh? Is it now wrong to expect a game to come out on time? I can accept games have delays, yes. Fair enough. But something must be REALLY wrong with it for them to push it back that far.

I'm hoping Universal saw the product they were going to release and decided it wasn't up to standard and made them change it at the last minute.

Classless yep! You can expect a game to come out unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances that isn't always possible and while dissapointing some of the phrases used to describe telltale and it's business practices on the forum are exactly that particularly when you consider that they are acting above and beyond what many if not all other games companies offer if a game slips.

I have always expected that any release date is correct only at the time of printing and shouldn't be taken as a guarantee of release now if a date drops back then so be it there are far too many releases that are pushed out when they aren't ready now that there is the internet to correct the faults.

I guess you think that I am defending them because I have some affiliation but that isn't the case I did in a former career work in a game company on the sales side and realise that s**t happens but in the grand scheme of things a 6 month delay on a game release is nothing believe me.
  • edited April 2011
    ...In other words, you don't gain much of anything by pre-ordering....

My point exactly. (Provided you're right in that pre-orders are not binding)
  • edited April 2011
    Bravo Telltale!
    I didn't preorder, but this delay makes me more excited for JP!
    Theres no denying a sort of rushed feeling to your latest games, and this sort of delay is exactly what makes me intrigued.
    One thing though:
    If the delay is for 6 months or however long people are saying, does that mean a full season release? Otherwise, why is it taking so long for one episode that a couple of days ago was near seeing a release?
  • edited April 2011
    This is wonderful news. Honestly, I couldn't be more pleased with this decision.
  • edited April 2011
    So could we use the free game coupon to preorder the game when it comes out?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    So could we use the free game coupon to preorder the game when it comes out?

Yes!
  • edited April 2011
    I'm actually more interested in Jurassic Park now that it's been delayed. Wonder what is being changed? I suppose there's only one way to find out...
  • edited April 2011
    My point exactly. (Provided you're right in that pre-orders are not binding)
    funny_monkey.jpg

:D
  • edited April 2011
    Sometimes I forget....well would love to forget how fanatical some gamers can be. Delays, are the norm in this business and 6 months is not a huge delay by today's standards. (cough Duke Nukem) That being said, I certainly wish people could be a little less rabid over just a delay of 6 months. To some it seems like a major life changing event, which is a pretty sad state of affairs if this is in any way is a major life changing event for some. Perspective ...............
  • edited April 2011
    awww man i just found outits being delayed oh well at least we're getting this game and its for the best but telltale can u please be for sure that its coming this fall this is my first delay so i feel mixed im just glad they did it for us tho
  • edited April 2011
    funny_monkey.jpg

:D

usure.jpg

Behave you there. I'm watching you! ;)
  • edited April 2011
    usure.jpg

Behave you there. I'm watching you! ;)

Well played. :p
  • edited April 2011
    Why I see Back To The Future in my games? That means they applied a coupon for me? :S I don't want it. :(
  • edited April 2011
    I'm happy about this delay, they seemed to be going way too fast and taking on too much at once.
    I'd like to see them lower their pace generally and rather spend a month or two extra pr. episode of any of their games to make sure the quality is high and the worst bugs are taken care of... and most importantly of all - give their writers more time to come up with really clever jokes and good humor in general.
    Much of their effort in this area falls a bit flat, which is a big issue considering comedy is mainly what Telltale has been doing.
  • edited April 2011
    While some folks might be totally fine with us holding on to their pre-order (and their hard-earned cash) until the game launches this fall, some might not. Best to just make sure everyone is happy and, if they want to, can pre-order the game again from us later, on us (via the voucher we'll be sending out in the next few days).

Will this voucher be mailed or emailed to us?
  • edited April 2011
    Deviltry11 wrote: »
    Why I see Back To The Future in my games? That means they applied a coupon for me? :S I don't want it. :(

Your future self went back in time and ordered Back To The Future for you, to support Telltale Games so they won't cancel Jurassic Park and make the worst mistake of their lives!

And because future self thought you would like it. :p
  • edited April 2011
    Don't tell them that! Now they know too much about their own future! The fabric of the space-time continuum is at stake!
  • edited April 2011
    Deviltry11 wrote: »

You haven't had anything applied to your account. Don't worry. Not sure why that's there though. lol
  • edited April 2011
    Will this voucher be mailed or emailed to us?

The voucher will be emailed to the address you purchased the game with.
  • edited April 2011
    Don't tell them that! Now they know too much about their own future! The fabric of the space-time continuum is at stake!

That's a risk they need to take, their lives depends on it!
  • edited April 2011
    The voucher will be emailed to the address you purchased the game with.

One more additional question, can this only apply to the eventual pre-order of Jurassic Park: The Game on PC/Mac or the Console version (s?) as well?

---

Thank you for answering these questions, Alan!

I'd like to thank you (on behalf of those who aren't mad and fuming over this change of events) Telltale guys for letting us know now rather than any later. We look forward to play the game this Fall!
  • edited April 2011
    Not to repeat what other people have already said, but I ordered Jurassic Park and I still want it whenever it comes out, and given the choice between getting another game free and still having Jurassic Park pre-ordered when it does come out, I'd rather have the latter. You can keep my money, Telltale, I'd only waste it elsewhere.
  • edited April 2011
    One more additional question, can this only apply to the eventual pre-order of Jurassic Park: The Game on PC/Mac or the Console version (s?) as well?

---

Thank you for answering these questions, Alan!

I'd like to thank you (on behalf of those who aren't mad and fuming over this change of events) Telltale guys for letting us know now rather than any later. We look forward to play the game this Fall!

You'll only be able to use the voucher in the Telltale Games Store, so just the PC/Mac version.
  • edited April 2011
    Good question. Here's the answer:

You get the free game of your choice and the refund. You'll be able to re-purchase Jurassic Park on the platform of your choice come this fall.

Jurrassic Park was already a free game of my choice for me. I still want to keep it.
  • edited April 2011
    I was so excited for this game and now it is DELAYED! FML!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:(
  • edited April 2011
    You'll only be able to use the voucher in the Telltale Games Store, so just the PC/Mac version.
    One final question that just popped into my head. Does this apply to the eventual shipping of the DVD as well? Or do we still need to pay for Shipping and Handling?
  • edited April 2011
    Hey guys, I preordered my game on a gift card. Is there any way I could contact the Telltale staff privately to get the money transferred to a different account?
  • edited April 2011
    One thing that is still not clear is if this will be a whole game or episodes later this fall. My bet is whole game though. As a person that played Heavy Rain I can tell you playing it in episodic format would have been killer and broke the story up. So maybe Telltale noticed this and has decided to make one full game realizing not every game they make will work in the episode format.
  • edited April 2011
    Dameon2k wrote: »
    One thing that is still not clear is if this will be a whole game or episodes later this fall. My bet is whole game though. As a person that played Heavy Rain I can tell you playing it in episodic format would have been killer and broke the story up. So maybe Telltale noticed this and has decided to make one full game realizing not every game they make will work in the episode format.

Seeing how as it's being released for the consoles as well, it will be the whole game (as it was stated before that the console version will include the entire season).

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/REDSLATE32/JPDelayedLetterConsoleCircled002.png
  • edited April 2011
    REDSLATE wrote: »
    Seeing how as it's being released for the consoles as well, it will be the whole game (as it was stated before that the console version will include the entire season).

It wasn't made very clear in the letter I received and I wouldn't know about the consoles as I never have nor probably ever will purchase a telltale game on them so thanks for pointing that out to me because I didn't know. ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Dameon2k wrote: »
    It wasn't made very clear in the letter I received and I wouldn't know about the consoles as I never have nor probably ever will purchase a telltale game on them so thanks for pointing that out to me because I didn't know. ;)

No problem.

:cool:
  • edited April 2011
    Well, Telltale had to miss a deadline eventually, but if this delay makes it a better game I'm all for it.
  • edited April 2011
    That's really great news that we can use the voucher to "re-preorder" the game! When we do "re-preorder" the game however, does the End-of-Season DVD offer still stand as well?
  • edited April 2011
    Trexroarr wrote: »
    That's really great news that we can use the voucher to "re-preorder" the game! When we do "re-preorder" the game however, does the End-of-Season DVD offer still stand as well?

Yes.
  • edited April 2011
    Kudos to Telltale for handling this situation well. Yes, it is disappointing to have to wait several more months for the game. I think everyone here, including Telltale mods, understand and agree with that. But to refund our money for those who preordered it and offer us the game for free for the inconvenience when most companies would just say "Sorry for the delay, deal with it," Telltale really turned a potential epic-fail into an epic-win. And in the end, if it's a better final product for it, then we all win.
  • edited April 2011
    Well, I can't say I'm all that surprised. The game appeared to me when GT showed a couple of trailers, and I was quite surprised to see that the game would already be released in months, that being said I think you guys are handling this immensely well. Refunds and vouchers. Just make sure you actually make a profit on the game so we can get more great Tellatale games. :)

It seems like a lot of anticipated game of mine are getting a release in Fall/Q3. Jurassic Park, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Batman: Arkham City and Battlefield 3.
  • edited April 2011
    Arkham City is going to be huge...huge.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.