Jurassic Park delayed ???

Comments

• edited April 2011
    lombre wrote: »
    On the other hand, Hector isn't developed by Telltale. They're just porting it to PC and Mac. ;)

true, i know episode one been out on iphone for some time now, was just pointing out the hole in his statement ;)

but yeah, i didn't preorder so i cant really cry... i'm not gonna lie tho, i been humming all the JP themes 24/7 for the past month and a half, and now its a super sad night... i dont think everyone around me can stand hearing my renditions of JP for another 6 months or however long its gonna take... :(

ya better not 'efff us in the a' and delay BttF too tho... riots would surely ensue
  • edited April 2011
    SimonDeCow wrote: »
    Jurassic-Park-logo.jpg

cant lie... cracked a smile... ;)
  • edited April 2011
    let me simplify this. after all the free game coupons and refunding and pre-ordering dust has settled, it all boils down to one of two outcomes:

1) you get any game for FREE; or
    2) you get any two games you wanted at a 50% discount

the downside is if you want "jurassic park the game," you're going to have to wait around six months.

i'm used to using the phrase "under-promise and over-deliver" to keep people happy when i'm trying to meet deadlines. telltale obviously over-promised and under-delivered on this, but, i suspect, they just bought themselves more than enough time to finish the game properly. that being said, i would not be surprised to see the game released in less than six months. our expectations have been lowered. to over-deliver at this point would be a good business strategy.
  • edited April 2011
    itssas83 wrote: »
    true, i know episode one been out on iphone for some time now, was just pointing out the hole in his statement ;)

but yeah, i didn't preorder so i cant really cry... i'm not gonna lie tho, i been humming all the JP themes 24/7 for the past month and a half, and now its a super sad night... i dont think everyone around me can stand hearing my renditions of JP for another 6 months or however long its gonna take... :(

ya better not 'efff us in the a' and delay BttF too tho... riots would surely ensue

If Bttf was delayed, telltale's bandwidth bill would go down substantially, as everyone across the web would pass out by the shock of such a statement. It would mean world war 5. :D
  • edited April 2011
    Disappointing but I trust that telltale would delay it for a good reason and with good intentions. You can't please some people. Would people rather it was released now in a buggy and unfinished state?
    As a good will gesture you are getting a refund AND a free game. Not many companies would do that.
  • edited April 2011
    It would mean world war 5. :D
    How did I manage to sleep through World Wars 3 and 4?!
  • edited April 2011
    cant lie... cracked a smile... ;)
    That's why I'm here, I keep a darma and greg applause simulator nearby to make me feel important.
  • edited April 2011
    I would rather wait and have the game be better...
  • edited April 2011
    olijack wrote: »
    Hey Alan

I hope that you and the team don't let this admittedly small band of classless idiots who are acting like spoilt brats who want a toy that another child has get you all down, I think that you are all acting in the best interest of the quality of the end product.

Not many game companies have the balls to have members of their team post on a forum after a regrettable announcement like this. I am 100% sure that no one wanted to make this call and anyone that thinks that you deliberately planned this is just an idiot.

I am sure that when a few of these people calm down and stop acting like 3 year olds having a tantrum they will realise that the world doesn't owe them something that they are not able to produce themselves and that everything that you are doing to generate good will is way above and beyond anything that ANY other games company would do.

Lets face it giant companies like Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and EA have to delay products and they have significantly larger resources......

Classless eh? Is it now wrong to expect a game to come out on time? I can accept games have delays, yes. Fair enough. But something must be REALLY wrong with it for them to push it back that far.

I'm hoping Universal saw the product they were going to release and decided it wasn't up to standard and made them change it at the last minute.
  • edited April 2011
    How did I manage to sleep through World Wars 3 and 4?!
    This is from Family Guy.
    Peter: Oh no, oh no. That's the beauty of World War 5 Lois, It's so intense it skips over the other two.
    Lois: Peter, it doesn't work ...
    Peter (interrupts): I HAVE SPOKEN!
  • edited April 2011
    the least they can do is release BttF today and calm the huddling masses before we plan our revenge strategy... ya know?? just sayin...

ahhmmmmmm before THEY plan revenge... dont know how that got there... :P
  • edited April 2011
    doesnt the rest of "Hector" come out in the fall?? so they officially failed episodic gaming, by your own description.
    On the other hand, Hector isn't developed by Telltale. They're just porting it to PC and Mac. ;)

What he said. Hector is being developed by an Irish company called Straandlooper.
  • edited April 2011
    Masta23 wrote: »
    Disappointing but I trust that telltale would delay it for a good reason and with good intentions. You can't please some people. Would people rather it was released now in a buggy and unfinished state?
    As a good will gesture you are getting a refund AND a free game. Not many companies would do that.

actually many companies would do that, if they didnt compensate how they screwed up they could have a huge lawsuit on their hands
  • edited April 2011
    This is from Family Guy.

Damn my pop cultural ignorance!
  • edited April 2011
    the point is fellas, you can sugar coat it all you want, telltale screwed up and they need to give a better explanation... at least to the 6 month waiting period that they are just now bringing up. Its not childish for wanting an explanation.
  • edited April 2011
    usfgeek1 wrote: »
    I'm hoping Universal saw the product they were going to release and decided it wasn't up to standard and made them change it at the last minute.

thats what i was thinking too, they probably thought they had it in the bag, sent it in and got rejected. who knows, possibility.

better go check on BttF now, would make my day happy again...
  • edited April 2011
    magamer1 wrote: »
    actually many companies would do that, if they didnt compensate how they screwed up they could have a huge lawsuit on their hands
    but games get delayed all the time. Gears of War 3 got pushed back to Q4.
  • edited April 2011
    Classless eh? Is it now wrong to expect a game to come out on time? I can accept games have delays, yes. Fair enough. But something must be REALLY wrong with it for them to push it back that far.

A couple months isn't that long. You should take a look at this list of delayed games: http://www.dragonblogger.com/longest-game-delay-countdown/
  • edited April 2011
    thats what i was thinking too, they probably thought they had it in the bag, sent it in and got rejected. who knows, possibility.

better go check on BttF now, would make my day happy again...

that sounds like a possibility, I would at least want them to say so though. Ya know admit that it wasnt up to par and they are being forced to try it again. From how it looked so far it didnt look that great, but I was still looking forward to playing it, thinking maybe its better than how it looks
  • edited April 2011

That's basically saying that you're hoping Telltale didn't have the chops to make a satisfactory game. I would personally hope that Telltale decided that their self-imposed deadline of April would cause them to release a game that wasn't up to their own standards. I don't see it as a bad thing if they're just striving for something better.
  • edited April 2011
    Your getting a refund.
    Your getting a free game coupon good towards Jurassic Park.
    What more can you ask for?

I'm not asking for more, rather for less...: NO refund and NO free game.
    Just that Telltalegames honors the contract.

By receiving and accepting my payment they finalized the contract.

Can a binding contract be cancelled unilaterally? Is US law that weak?

I'm a foreigner and not enough of an expert there, but I would be quite shocked if that was the case over there !!!
  • edited April 2011
    the point is fellas, you can sugar coat it all you want, telltale screwed up and they need to give a better explanation... at least to the 6 month waiting period that they are just now bringing up. Its not childish for wanting an explanation.

exactly man, well said... delays aren't cool but understandable, i just cant get around the length of the delay and how close to the deadline for such a problem to occur, thats kinda why i agree with the earlier post saying universal mighta had something to do with it. all speculation i guess... and judging by the lack of info before this, i doubt we'll ever find out what really happened
  • edited April 2011
    Masta23 wrote: »
    but games get delayed all the time. Gears of War 3 got pushed back to Q4.

Maybe so, games do get delayed, but they dont promise a time that its coming out and take someones money in advance, and then just dont get hell. Once money is in the picture, lawsuits come out quick if not handled correctly, just saying
  • edited April 2011
    I enjoy BTTF for what it is, but it feels sloppy compared to previous releases. I would rather Telltale bring their A game on this one, and maybe they looked at some of the criticism of BTTF and decided they needed to do a better job. If the delay means a great game rather than a mediocre one, it's worth it. Jurassic Park seems like a very different type of game for them, so it's not like previous games where they just took their tools, made some tweaks, and then added the content.

They are dealing with unknown unknowns here, I had no faith it would be out this month. They just shouldn't have given us a release date until they were more sure.
  • edited April 2011
    That's basically saying that you're hoping Telltale didn't have the chops to make a satisfactory game. I would personally hope that Telltale decided that their self-imposed deadline of April would cause them to release a game that wasn't up to their own standards. I don't see it as a bad thing if they're just striving for something better.

not really, i looked at that possibility as maybe a reason why they didnt mention such a major delay sooner, if they thought they had it good and golden, i guess it wouldnt be their fault for not telling us about the delay until now.... if that makes any sense, just typing thoughts now
  • edited April 2011
    WARP10CK wrote: »
    Well steam has now removed April from it's release date sign now it's just saids 2011 any thoughts.

Think it's strange that we have a release date for Hector episode 1 but no release on JP or BTTF episode 4
    What do we to do to get a free game coupon?
  • edited April 2011
    This is exactly why Telltale is such a great company. They're not afraid to admit their own mistakes and not only that but we get properly informed, a full refund AND a coupon code for any game for free? Seriously. How many companies do you know who do that?
    This just makes me more excited for JP if anything, and I'm glad that they do put in extra time to give us a truly great product.
  • edited April 2011
    Maybe so, games do get delayed, but they dont promise a time that its coming out and take someones money in advance, and then just dont get hell. Once money is in the picture, lawsuits come out quick if not handled correctly, just saying

Taking the money in advance (a pre-order, in other words) is something that you can do on sites like Amazon and delays occur to products there too. The only difference here is that you're ordering directly from the developer. I doubt Amazon would be giving you a free coupon code for a full game if a product got delayed. While I do think Telltale perhaps could have foreseen/announced the setback sooner, mentions of lawsuits is really just ridiculous.
  • edited April 2011
    They're issuing refunds? Because of a delay? What the hell? I think they're refunding because they don't know whether they gonna release for sure. :/
  • edited April 2011
    Deviltry11 wrote: »
    They're issuing refunds? Because of a delay? What the hell? I think they're refunding because they don't know whether they gonna release for sure. :/

It's coming this fall. That is known.
  • edited April 2011
    It's coming this fall. That is known.

Why the refunds? Why the hassle to preorder again?
  • edited April 2011
    VittoOuWan wrote: »
    I'm not asking for more, rather for less...: NO refund and NO free game.
    Just that Telltalegames honors the contract.

By receiving and accepting my payment they finalized the contract.

Can a binding contract be cancelled unilaterally? Is US law that weak?

I'm a foreigner and not enough of an expert there, but I would be quite shocked if that was the case over there !!!

I've reread your post and I understand what your saying, normally if you are in the position to sue somebody, and they offer you payment, that is considered a settlement which means waiver of liability. However in this situation, Nobody is in a position to sue, this was not a binding contract, this was a pre-order, they have made good on this by refunding money, and offering a free game as reimbursement.

I do understand your side, and your disappointment. :D
  • edited April 2011

Because, some people may change their minds about wanting the game after the delay.

I'm guessing they have to rid their system of the data and change some things around here and their for the system.
  • edited April 2011

While some folks might be totally fine with us holding on to their pre-order (and their hard-earned cash) until the game launches this fall, some might not. Best to just make sure everyone is happy and, if they want to, can pre-order the game again from us later, on us (via the voucher we'll be sending out in the next few days).
  • edited April 2011

One reason I can think of is that as the console release(s) will now be at the same (or near at least) time as the PC/Mac release and so some people will prefer to get a console version.
  • edited April 2011
    I think this is the first time I've ever heard anybody actually complain about having their money refunded... :confused:
  • edited April 2011
    I think this is the first time I've ever heard anybody actually complain about having their money refunded... :confused:

No refund ― I get to do nothing. Refund ― I'll need to open an email from Telltale, click a link, then press the checkout button, then enter a paypal password (which is obscure and a bi*** to enter), then few more clicks...

How's hating extra work is confusing? :confused: I'm lazy.
  • edited April 2011
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    Taking the money in advance (a pre-order, in other words) is something that you can do on sites like Amazon and delays occur to products there too. The only difference here is that you're ordering directly from the developer.....

A very big difference is that with Amazon you don't pay in advance, but your card is charged ONLY when they are shipping.
  • edited April 2011

Because I could be already playing Portal 2!
  • edited April 2011
    I'm really disapointed. :-(
    But I can understand, I'm make 3D models myself and sometime I make again and again the same model just to get it as perfect as possible.
    Just to have the less regrets and don't tell me "I should have make different here".
    Of course I was counting the days to get the game, of course that will be a no end wait.
    But I think that if they did it it's because they had no choice, they don't do it just because they like to make us wait.
    They just could have tell it to us two or three weeks ago and don't less us count each day until the end of month. :-(
    Now, most of us will wait but try to realease some artwork or exclusive ingame pictures each week for exemple? That could help us to see why I have to wait.
    Maybe look at this picture, this scene wouldn't be in the game if we release the game this april.
    J.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.