Jurassic Park delayed ???

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Luckily I didn't buy Hector yet... so I think I'm going to use that code on Hector. Btw. is there only one episode of Hector planned yet? If not I didn't actually find the option to order the full season... this game sounds really funny. So I would use my code on the Hector episode(s).
  • edited April 2011
    In the letter it states the game will be released on all systems this Fall.
    Is that a confirmation for the Wii, or just a misprint?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Cabal84 wrote: »
    is there only one episode of Hector planned yet? If not I didn't actually find the option to order the full season...

There are three Hector episodes planned, but only the first is available for purchase (pre-order) at the moment.
  • edited April 2011
    will this free game credit have a value and an expiration date? will i be able to use my free game code for "jurassic park: the game" when it comes out in the fall? i'd prefer to spend $0 for the game i want over spending $30 for the game i want plus a game a do not want, although "back to the future: the game" does look pretty awesome...
    edited April 2011
    jpark_08 wrote: »
    In the letter it states the game will be released on all systems this Fall.
    Is that a confirmation for the Wii, or just a misprint?

I think that just means "it will be released in fall on all platforms we already planned to release it on".
  • edited April 2011
    Hi puzzlebox thanks for the answer... well if these codes don't expire I will use it on all 3 episodes of Hector...if they're going to be released in a bundle...like all the other games were.
  • edited April 2011
    Very disappointed at this - why leave it until a few days before the release of the first episode? Very strange - its not even a small delay....
  • edited April 2011
    Well yes and no.

At least we (those that pre-ordered) get our money back and to choose a game free of charge instead. That's a good deal. Not alot of other game-companies handle this so nicely.
  • edited April 2011
    I've been hyping this game a lot to friends... disappointed it will be delayed but I can wait if it means it will be that much better.

I'd rather not get refunded and just keep my preorder on file but its no big deal to preorder again later.
  • edited April 2011
    Same here, i rather keep my pre-order.

But i don't mind its being delayed, i'm confident in the fact that they have good reasons to delay it. If the gameplay-experience for PC is going to be improved its surely worth it.
  • edited April 2011
    I definitely did buy JP on Gamersgate and paid for it. But we will have to see what they will do then.

Wow, I totally misspoke and apologize.

We'll be working with our partners that did offer the game for pre-order to figure out the details but you will be receiving a free game through our store once those details are in fact worked out.

Stay tuned here for the latest on that. We'll take care of you one way or the other. :)
  • edited April 2011
    Well, this is unexpected. I was looking forward to playing Jurassic Park pretty soon, but I trust Telltale enough to believe that they would only delay a game for half a year (at the last minute, no less) if it was completely necessary. Half a year is a long time, especially in Telltale-time. I guess some big chances had to be made.

Good luck to everyone on the Jurassic team. I expect some fans are going to be pretty annoyed the next couple of days, so please don't forget that there are still a lot of fans that are incredibly excited about your game. I would have liked to know about the delay a bit earlier, but I'm glad you guys are willing to make tough choices in order to deliver a better product. The refund and free game are a nice touch (although a bit unnecessary for me personally: I still want to play the game so I'll just order it again in the fall, and the fact that I already own all of Telltale's games (including the CSI-games and a pre-order for Hector) means that there isn't a free game left for me to get (except if I could use it on Puzzle Agent 2, or whatever the next game you guys are going to release is).

Anyway, good luck with everything. I guess I'll get ready for BttF then.
  • edited April 2011
    I need some clarification on a few things I don't clearly understand. First thing is the free game any Telltales game period or only the older games where the completed episodes have been finished (such as TOMI or S & M). Second the JP release date states fall and to my knowledge that is talking some 5 to 6 months from now. I'm curious if you are still planning to release it in episodic content or just as one full game (ala Heavy Rain). Can't say I'm not disappointed but its hard to complain with a full refund and free game. To second the guy above I trust you guys enough to know your doing the right thing. The Guardian which is a game have have waited in anticipation for is consistently delayed on a regular basis so it makes your delay seem like a cake walk.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm not complaining about the refund and free 'game' (whatever that is (a single episode or a series), I have most TT games) - just the fact the wait will be 4/5/6 months - instead of a day or two. Something must have gone seriously wrong and within a quick timeframe - else I would have expected an update on JP release date way before now... I realise this won't have been an easy or cheap decision to make, but I suspect thats the last time I preorder from TT...
  • edited April 2011
    If telltale is going to push this game back to the console release date I thought I might as well get the ps3 version. But their is still hope for us... with a delay this long... they can and hopfully will take some time to make the game look next gen, give the charactors more detail and clean up the environments... thats the upside...
    But honestly why do we have to wait that long?
  • edited April 2011
    Well as far as I understood the mail, the game will be complete (full game) and not episodic. Was first planned to be episodic like the other games.
    So I think they use the time to finish all episodes and release one complete game. But of course I could be wrong.
  • edited April 2011
    I am afraid if they improve the effects any more my laptop won't be powerful enough to run the game. I wish they'd just confirm which consoles they are releasing to.
  • edited April 2011
    I dont really care that is delayed.. If it means that they can make a even better game then Im ok with it.

And big kudos to them for getting the pre-orderes (me included) their money back and a free game.. That is beyond awesomely done by them..
  • edited April 2011
    I just re-read the mail and it doesn't say or suggest anything about moving the game from an episodic format to feature-length.
  • edited April 2011
    Good question. Here's the answer:

You get the free game of your choice and the refund. You'll be able to re-purchase Jurassic Park on the platform of your choice come this fall.

I'm wondering... you're not scrapping the PC version are you?

If not - will all formats now be out at the same time?
  • edited April 2011
    I just read a bit "between the lines"... I could be wrong though... would be great to get a claryfication on that issue.

So game is delayed (Episode 1) to Fall 2011.
    So does that mean Episode 1 comes out Fall 2011 or is the full game (all 5 episodes) released in fall 2011??
  • edited April 2011
    This just makes me even more excited. People have been worrying for months that the rushed and crowded schedule that Telltale has taken on would hurt quality, so seeing them decide that they can make a game even better with a few more months' work (which, as someone mentioned, is a lot in Telltale-time) is refreshing and nothing but good news. I thought the game was looking good already, I can't wait to see what they do with it.

And of course the bribery doesn't hurt. :) Please make that free game credit count towards future games, TT. I've got all the rest already (I even bought Hector this morning!).
  • edited April 2011
    Finally Telltale slowed-down.
    Although the delay hurts, it can be a starting point for the renaissance of Telltale games.
    No more cheap and rushed games, but wiser and more complete experiences.
    This is great, IMHO.
    edited April 2011
    I'm wondering... you're not scrapping the PC version are you?

If not - will all formats now be out at the same time?

PC version is NOT scrapped! And yes, it's now being released for PC/Mac/consoles simultaneously in fall.
  • edited April 2011
    Don't want refund happy to wait*, will shamelessly take the free game though :D

*I'll probably spend it something pointless like another Charlie Sheen T-Shirt which would be a terrible shame.
  • edited April 2011
    Will the game see a physical console release or a download via PSN/Xbox live?
  • edited April 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    PC version is NOT scrapped! And yes, it's now being released for PC/Mac/consoles simultaneously in fall.

Awesome for everyone!

Now I can choose the PS3 version without feeling like I'm months behind. No worrying about whether or not my PC will play it.
  • edited April 2011
    Wow. I'm sorry but I am 100 percent pissed off. Good for Telltale to delay the game so they could make it better and iron out the kinks but for all of us that wanted it? This is crap. Telltale you completely failed me for a game company when I thought you were great. I'm not seeing a Email describing what happened?
  • edited April 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »
    Wow. I'm sorry but I am 100 percent pissed off. Good for Telltale to delay the game so they could make it better and iron out the kinks but for all of us that wanted it? This is crap. Telltale you completely failed me for a game company when I thought you were great. I'm not seeing a Email describing what happened?

...why? It's still coming out. AND you get a free game out of it. Everybody wins.
  • edited April 2011
    ...why? It's still coming out. AND you get a free game out of it. Everybody wins.

But you don't get Jurassic Park. The one you PRE-ORDERED. You get some other game from Telltale that I DON'T want. I just want Jurassic Park.
  • edited April 2011

We'll be working with our partners that did offer the game for pre-order to figure out the details but you will be receiving a free game through our store once those details are in fact worked out.

Stay tuned here for the latest on that. We'll take care of you one way or the other. :)

Pretty much sums up how great a company Telltale is. Well that and a free game offer which is very classy. Again I would rather Telltale take what time is needed as I am sure the game in its current form does not meet the standards they set for themselves. Any other company and they would release a very buggy uninspiring game to be fixed by a 1 gig patch after you lost interest. I just wish I didnt own the entire catalog :D Okay well then again there is Hector so that is a excellent way to pass the time. I am really looking forward to the games laid out by Telltale this year, its a great year for gaming in my opinion.
  • edited April 2011

Surely disappointed is the appropriate reaction?

They're refunding preorderers, giving them a free game AND Jurassic Park is still coming out, presumably bigger and better than if it came out next week?
  • edited April 2011
    This is a HUGE disappointment, not to mention, horribly poor handling by telltale.

How these hacks were ever allowed to touch the Jurassic Park franchise is a mystery to me. They make cartoons instead of games, and the one chance they have to do something good, they blow it entirely. They wait until 4 days left in the month, the month in which they claimed to be releasing the product, and then they say Nope, it will actually take 5 - 7 more months for us to get one episode, thats ONE FIFTH of the the game, out the door.

Unbelievable. Embarrassing. Ridiculous.

Is it just a game? Sure it is...but I bet its not "just a game" to Telltale, and this second rate amateur handling of just took my interest from 'slight' down to 'zero'.
  • edited April 2011
    Although it is hard, I am definitely glad about delay decision. JP was promising some new game-experience rather unseen in TTG previous games, and it is good to know that TTG is taking that seriously.

I also understand this decision as an attempt to get releases back to TTG good ways-of-working, and that is a great approach.
  • edited April 2011
    Finally Telltale slowed-down.
    Although the delay hurts, it can be a starting point for the renaissance of Telltale games.
    No more cheap and rushed games, but wiser and more complete experiences.
    This is great, IMHO.

I agree with this. I'd be fine with an episode that was larger than 250 MB if that meant a game that was a bit beefier with effects and such.
  • edited April 2011

Thanks for the great answer. You better don't delay BTTF-Episode 4 though, I wouldn't know what to do the rest of the month then :P.
    And in the end, don't forget to lunch.
  • edited April 2011

What makes you think it will be "better" just because its going to take longer?

By all accounts it seems they have no idea what they're doing, as evidenced by this horrible mishandling. They can't even get ONE episode out in reasonable time, and they pretended like they were going to.
  • edited April 2011
    A shock as to how much of a delay it is but I understand why they've made that call and respect them for it. I echo people in being disappointed as I have all the games I want and am not bothered about a refund just the game when it's ready but I don't think people can be too angry. If the free game could be an episode from one of the recently announced properties that would only sweeten the deal
  • edited April 2011

They're refunding preorderers, giving them a free game AND Jurassic Park is still coming out, presumably bigger and better than if it came out next week?

I don't care about a refund and a free game. I don't like any of there other games. I just want Jurassic Park whenever it comes out. That's not too hard to ask. I would like it with the money I already pre-ordered with it. I'm pretty much going to gurantee that my dad won't be happy because he bought it for me and he won't trust Telltale again.
  • edited April 2011

Again, what reason is there to presume something so asinine? All this means is that they are a very, very poorly managed company. When things like this happen in this business world, its because people working on a project lie to their superiors, who in turn embellish those lies to management. That's how you get 4 days from a release date, and the truth comes out, and suddenly its pushed back 6 months.

That's catastrophic for any company, and everyone here pretending that the reason is "to make a better game" is in a fantasy land.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.