Tour Jurassic Park!

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Ok the password is
    access please

But It doesn't do anything!?!?!?!?

*sigh* The password is there to access things like the quarantine pen. Anything else on that screen is just for fun.
  • edited October 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    What spino mystery from jp3?
    The spino was on Isla Sorna along with loads of other species not yet on Isla Nublar. Plus you clearly see the Troodon in the pen and the description of them being there to be euthanased due to being too deadly and nocturnal and thus bad for the park.
    According to Billy and Grant in JP3, for some reason Spinosaurus wasn't on InGen's list of dinosaurs, the company didn't admit to its existence.
  • edited October 2011
    *sigh* The password is there to access things like the quarantine pen. Anything else on that screen is just for fun.

I put that in for the gate, but your telling me there is really nothing special about the gate?
  • edited October 2011
    as I said, click on main gate and type
    system raptors
    ... and smth will happen ;)
  • edited October 2011
    In the video about the Quarantine pen. Why do you guys think the timestamp jumps all over the place whenever there is a dinosaur(not sure what there called) on screen?
  • edited October 2011
    veki wrote: »
    as I said, click on main gate and type
    system raptors
    ... and smth will happen ;)

I fear that may just be an easter egg, although maybe thats all its therefore....
  • edited October 2011
    I fear that may just be an easter egg, although maybe thats all its therefore....
    If you 'system' anything it gives the same thing.
  • edited October 2011
    gnarkill wrote: »
    In the video about the Quarantine pen. Why do you guys think the timestamp jumps all over the place whenever there is a dinosaur(not sure what there called) on screen?

I think someone on the Park is altering the footage... my guess is we may find out what is going on with that in the game...
  • edited October 2011
    Type in "help" just to get something different.
  • edited October 2011
    If you 'system' anything it gives the same thing.
    If you system anything it give you recompiling/soda thing :) But if you system raptors, it gives you info about raptor paddock...there must be other codes similar to that one...
  • edited October 2011
    System Triceratops
    does the recompile thing
  • edited October 2011
    I've tried ripping the JP Tour website and looking over the source code, but I wasn't able to get very far. I only managed to find a couple of odd tidbits of interesting information.

1. When you type "help", it reveals a link for a "jurassicpark/irix-telnetd" link that doesn't appear to contain anything right now if you go to it. Or maybe it does but the files are hidden from public access, those files potentially being the source from which the terminal program on the JP Tour page is running off of.

2. Apparently there is a "watering hole" link that's suppose to "maybe" do something or was intended to do something. But it's disabled or perhaps TT discarded it or something. That link being the lake graphic which appears near the Brachiosaurus icon on the map.
  • edited October 2011
    the noglow for it is disabled, while the others don't say that. Telltale has something hidden there.
  • edited October 2011
    I took off the noglow thing, it basically opens up a panel with no info. So Telltale discarded it I guess.

EDIT:

UP7Jf.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    According to Billy and Grant in JP3, for some reason Spinosaurus wasn't on InGen's list of dinosaurs, the company didn't admit to its existence.

The books easily cover that: They do not know what they are reproducing til the first batch hatches.
    It makes sense Sorna probably had a bunch of eggs of unknown species in the hatchery that got abandoned; resulting in a species or two being unlisted as the hatched and survived after it was abandoned.

That's the view I always took anyway.
  • edited October 2011
    the noglow for it is disabled, while the others don't say that. Telltale has something hidden there.

mabey they wanted to show off the jungle river cruise? they said they didnt change anything from april till now so i think we'll see what ever was supposed to be there....no point in showing everything with no suprises before release
  • edited October 2011
    Oh, it would be so nice if Jungle adventure would be in the game...after all is movie canon ;)
  • edited October 2011
    I tried most of the codes I've seen in the past few pages and none of them worked... I got in with a varient of "Access Triceratops please". I have no idea if its one word or the spaces count, but the content there in was interesting. This almost seems to have a better story than the other two movies. Good work Telltale!
  • edited October 2011
    All you need to get access to the Ingen logo things is the magic word.
  • edited October 2011
    All you need to get access to the Ingen logo things is the magic word.

I bow to your genius. "please" seems to be a universal access password
  • edited October 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    The books easily cover that: They do not know what they are reproducing til the first batch hatches.
    It makes sense Sorna probably had a bunch of eggs of unknown species in the hatchery that got abandoned; resulting in a species or two being unlisted as the hatched and survived after it was abandoned.

They thought the spino babies were baryonyx when they hatched, due to the snout and forearms. That's why baryonyx is on the list, but has never been seen, and why spinosaurus is not listed. :D

It wasn't until years after the facility was abandoned that the baryonyx matured and it became clear they were actually spinos.

That's my theory, anyway.
  • edited October 2011
    They thought the spino babies were baryonyx when they hatched, due to the snout and forearms. That's why baryonyx is on the list, but has never been seen, and why spinosaurus is not listed. :D

It wasn't until years after the facility was abandoned that the baryonyx matured and it became clear they were actually spinos.

my thoughts exactly
  • edited October 2011
    has anyone noticed that the size of the full grown dilos is grossly missinterpreted. they do grow to about 20 feet as the announcer says, but the yellow silhoutte of what a 20 foot full grown dilo compared to a human is not correct. That yellow dilo silhoutte is about 30 feet long not 20. its about 6-7 feet too long and about 4-5 feet too tall

I think the problem lies because the announcer says that the juveline displayed is 6 feet long. Well lets assume harding is about 6 feet tall. That means the lengh of the dilo and the height of the harding should be about the same. but they are not! the juvenile is about 3 feet longer than harding's height!
  • edited October 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    has anyone noticed that the size of the full grown dilos is grossly missinterpreted. they do grow to about 20 feet as the announcer says, but the yellow silhoutte of what a 20 foot full grown dilo compared to a human is not correct. That dilo is about 30 feet long not 20. its about 7-8 feet too long and about 4-5 feet too tall

You do know this isn't an actual Dino Fact guide. Be glad they got the size right.
  • edited October 2011
    You do know this isn't an actual Dino Fact guide. Be glad they got the size right.

Yes I know that. You do also know this is a forum where people can state their opinions and observations? Be glad I'm not stating mine of you right now, for jumping on my case when I want to state my observation.

I'm merely pointing out the error in the visual representation of the animal based on what the narrator says. Not based on my personal knowledge of the dinosaur.

He says the juvenile is 6 feet long when its a bout 3 feet longer than Harding is tall, who I assume is about 6 feet tall take a few inches. And because of that, the size of the adult dilo is visually. Key word here is "visually" missrepresented.
  • edited October 2011
    Yes I know that. You do also know this is a forum where people can state their opinions and observations? Be glad I'm not stating mine of you right now, for jumping on my case when I want to state my observation.

I'm merely pointing out the error in the visual representation of the animal based on what the narrator says. Not based on my personal knowledge of the dinosaur.

He says the juvenile is 6 feet long when its a bout 3 feet taller than Harding who I assume is about 6 feet tall take a few inches. And because of that, the size of the adult dilo is visually. Key word here is "visually" missrepresented.

Go right ahead, be the 4th person to say how a big jerkbag I am.
  • edited October 2011

He says the juvenile is 6 feet long when its a bout 3 feet taller than Harding who I assume is about 6 feet tall take a few inches. And because of that, the size of the adult dilo is visually. Key word here is "visually" missrepresented.

Gosh, even when Telltale tries to get it right, it still just doesn't cut it for you huh? Well, at least you get to state your opinions and observations and point out errors about their mistakes somewhere. :rolleyes:
  • edited October 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    Gosh, even when Telltale tries to get it right, it still just doesn't cut it for you huh? Well, at least you get to state your opinions and observations and point out errors about their mistakes somewhere. :rolleyes:

I love how you're assuming stuff based one observations that I noticed. I also love how you think it doesn't cut it for me for stating that error/observation.

Have you even been on these boards? If you have you will notice:

How many times i defended this game from people that were complaining about gameplay and graphics.

how many times I praised telltale for their hard work on story and jp canon accuracy.

How I mentioned that I liked how they stated the JP dilos were juvenile.

........yet according to you it doesn't cut it for me.......

And yes I have a right to state my opinions as a person who gives telltale business, as a person who is part of these forums and as a person who clearly is not a troll but someone who cares enough to post here.
  • edited October 2011
    Oh god the size is wrong on one thing, meanwhile the map is horribly incorrect and stuff. My Telltale experience is ruined forever.

Lighten up, Telltale made 1 mistake, well I dont count the map a mistake since it's a canon to the game.
  • edited October 2011
    Oh god the size is wrong on one thing, meanwhile the map is horribly incorrect and stuff. My Telltale experience is ruined forever.

Lighten up, Telltale made 1 mistake, well I dont count the map a mistake since it's a canon to the game.

Thats not my point of view at all. Like I mentioned before multiple times...I'm merely stating an observation. Its you who's making a deal of it.

The fact that I point an error out does not mean it bothers me unless I explicitly say that it does...so I don't know why you're jumping on my case like I pointing out a error means I am somehow displeased with anything.

and FYI this game is supposed to be canon to the movies anyway... It might not be to you but its officially meant to be canon.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2011
    Settle down guys. Keep it about Jurassic Park instead of taking shots at each other.
  • edited October 2011

I think it's more reasonable to assume both Spinosaurus and Pteranodon are too dangerous for a park setting, just like the new Troodon, since it correlates with JP Adventures and Joe Johnston's comment that InGen deliberately didn't put them on the list.

But what's up with Troodon lot named "IG74726f6f646f6e"? How can anyone even remember that? :p
  • edited October 2011
    I guess those are all of the dinosaurs in Jurassic park the game.
  • edited October 2011
    The Pteranodon are not dangerous, are free on the island, and you can see them on a helicopter ride.
    the Baryonyx of Jurassic Park can not be a spinosaurus, there are many differences between the two genres that are visible at a young age, the Baryonyx are known for their huge claw, which does not have the Spinosaurus, Spinosaurus in addition to the sail on the backs and size, on the face has a kind of ridge which does not have the Baryonyx.
    even the geneticists have cloned Spinosaurus Jurassic Park, and did not know it, they would be called suchomimus, which are more similar to Baryonyx
  • edited October 2011
    Why do so many believe that Pteranodons are harmless? They're gigantic flying reptiles that are very likely territorial, and they're carnivorous. The Pteranodons in Jurassic Park were likely in an aviary and break out at the end of the game, hence why they're seen flying. Which is probably the reason there are free Pteranodons on Isla Sorna in The Lost World. That and I think most fans agree that the JP3 Pteranodons are a genetic aberration.
  • edited October 2011

Yeah, what I tried is to "retcon" the Spino story in light of JP:G and Dr. Sorkin, I've never really given much thought to the Spino.

Anyway, your theory sounds good. :) I am not sure that after they shut down Site B, an egg could have hatched by itself, but whatever, we are talking sci-fi, stranger things happenned in this franchise.:D

Ooooh, I really like that theory.:) In the book Wu didn't really care about the identification of hatchlings, so it's possible that they identified a young Spino as Baryonyx.

My theory with Dr. Sorkin is that she didn't care about InGen directives about retiring dangerous dinosaurs (like the Tour says about the Troodons). So she kept the Troodons and the Spino and possibly other dinos alive.

Of course there are mistakes in this theory: the Tour indicates she was not involved with Site B (and the Spinosaurus). Moreover, there are additional VERY dangerous dinos, e.g. I wonder how far an adult Dilophosaurus could spit, that seems a little too dangerous for the Safari Adventure I would think. Also there are the freakishly intelligent 'Velociraptors'...

Well anyway, I am intrigued with the Dr. Sorking and Troodons storyline.:)
  • edited October 2011
    So did anyone else figure out any more codes to put in the command line for the gate?
  • edited October 2011
    Welp I'm on my last warning before I'm permabanned.

Sorry for acting like an ass, but I'm from a more serious forum, it's just my personality.
  • edited October 2011
    how the Pteranodon are carnivores?
    The Pteranodon are piscivores, the theory of the territories is right, but as long as it is the right distance will not give problems.
    of Isla Nubla there is no an aviary, or to see the Pteranodon because you need to book a helicopter ride?
    the Pteranodon aviary jurassic park3 contained genetically modified, then were locked in a cage and flying animals only creates stress to be locked in a cage.
  • edited October 2011
    How do you know Nublar didn't have an aviary? They had the jungle river cruise, according to the book AND the film. And in the novel there definitely was an aviary. So, if the game had one too, why not? Although I have no idea if the game does, the inclusion of the Pteranodons is puzzling still.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.