Tour Jurassic Park!

Sixteen60Sixteen60 ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I tried everything Sam Jackson did in the movies to get into those ingen icons, but nothing works.

Let's get cracking people!
  • edited October 2011
    To quote Jackson:

"Please! God damn it! I hate this hacker crap!"

;)
  • edited October 2011
    Oh, so that's the password?
  • edited October 2011
    password is ....
  • edited October 2011
    Now, do we type in what Sam is saying in the movie or what he is ACTUALLY typing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Gotta love movie goofs.

EDIT:

Ha! I solved the password. ;)
  • edited October 2011
    scallenger wrote: »
    Now, do we type in what Sam is saying in the movie or what he is ACTUALLY typing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Gotta love movie goofs.

password is

**Irishmile Edit**
    I put spoiler tags on the password... don't ruin it for others.
    ok :)
  • edited October 2011
    The gate sure is interesting ;)
  • edited October 2011
    scallenger wrote: »

Gotta love movie goofs.

Typing "please" grants you access to the InGen icons.

If you type in the things that Samuel L Jackson did, then you get the exact same responses.

If you type in the words that he SAYS, then you get the same responses again.

WOO! :D
  • edited October 2011
    what does the gate do?
  • Sixteen60Sixteen60 ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited October 2011
    what does the gate do?

The gate doesn't do anything - only the icons that glow when moused over generate a video or imagery.
  • edited October 2011
    Type help.
  • edited October 2011
    quarantine pens! left of velociraptor
  • edited October 2011
    Well, clicking on the gate does bring up the security access screen. :p

Kinda saddened that there aren't more species listed and there's no mention of the raptors ever having more than just the single pen. However, I love that the Dilophosaurs are stated flat out to be juveniles! Too bad we won't see adults unless we have a season 2 where we go back to the island later.
  • edited October 2011
    Sixteen60 wrote: »
    The gate doesn't do anything - only the icons that glow when moused over generate a video or imagery.

Well, it allows to enter the console, in particular after you unlocked the ingen icons.
  • edited October 2011
    So

- motd : shows the starting message (it's Unix! I know this!)
    - system [anything] : system recompiling, how about a soda
    - access [anything]: permission denied, you didn't say the magic word!
    - please : well...

And I don't think we are supposed to use the Help command...
  • edited October 2011
    well i guess that solves the mystery concerning dilophosaurs age and size :D
  • Sixteen60Sixteen60 ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited October 2011
    Eduardo wrote: »
    Well, it allows to enter the console, in particular after you unlocked the ingen icons.

I really don't know what you mean. ;)
  • edited October 2011
    I would love some kind of tour video like this as part of the videos for the deluxe edition. ;)
  • edited October 2011
    I really like this... I love it when developers do things like this prior to release.

QUARANTINE PENS!!!!
  • edited October 2011
    Darn I left the page and came back and now I can't access the console anymore.

Some observations:
    • For the vehicle entry, I'm unsure was the term green widely used in that kind of context back in 1993?
    • Love that the Dilophosaurs are listed as juveniles
    • I think it was an odd choice of character model for the silhouette of the attack. I'd have probably gone with Harding for a more generic silhouette
    • It's great that the Herrerasaurus is included and I also liked all of the various Ingen facility listings
  • edited October 2011
    i haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, so i thought it was worth having its own post: THE PARK TOUR IS ONLINE and it is wonderful! short of not being voiced by richard kiley, it's absolutely perfect. i would have accused telltale of sparing an expense, but, unfortunately, richard kiley passed away in 1999. i'm sure they would have gotten him if they could have. i'm particularly excited to see what the mystery icons turn out to be. maybe more animals? maybe more attractions? maybe both. this is great. hopefully, gallimimus and brachiosaurus will receive videos, too.
  • edited October 2011
    also, i figured out the password. ;)

*this was posted when i thought i was posting about something that no one else had posted about before and my posts were in their own thread.
  • edited October 2011
    I HATE THIS HACKER CRAP!th_Hacker.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    Oh God...that Mosasaur footage. I'm absolutely terrified of the water and whatever huge horrible things might be living under it. (Oddly enough, I have video games to thank for that. Growing up with an N64 as a kid exposed me to the eel from Super Mario 64 and Clanker from Banjo-Kazooie :p ) If/When I play this game, that part is going to be...an interesting experience, I know it.

Also, it somewhat saddens me that "hellonewman" is not a valid password.
  • edited October 2011
    Oh man. This is great. LOVE IT!
    The acknowledgment that the dilophosaurs are juveniles... the password (guessed it on the second try! Ha!)... the security cam footage, and dino profiles...

Are there any other tricks with the Main Gate console, besides typing Arnold's commands to get Nedry's message to pop up?
  • edited October 2011
    So if a dinosaur on that map doesn't have its own video, that must mean that we're NOT going to see it in the game...That's quite the letdown. No brachiosaurs. :(

And I guess there won't be any running from gallimimus and having to dodge them with the control stick. :(
  • edited October 2011
    inGen password is
    PLEASE

I love that!

**Irishmile Edit**
    added spoiler tags don't ruin it for others.
  • edited October 2011
    That darn console thing is stuck, how do I close it? I've tried every command I could think of to close it.
  • edited October 2011
    I believe it has the typical close box at the top ---> [X]
  • edited October 2011
    Oh I got it now, I didn't know you could actually MOVE the box. Silly ol' me.
  • edited October 2011
    You shoulda made it where if you type in all the commands in the movie, and then the Magic Word stuff happens. It opens another tab with the YOU DIDNT SAY THE MAGIC WORD!
  • edited October 2011
    No mention of the Pterasaur aviary. Why?

I was also wondering why the brachio and galli didn't have a video...maybe they're not featured in the game. I hope brachiosaurus is though....

I love how the mention that the dilophosaurs are recent additions to the park as to explain why they are the size that they are. Imagine a full grown dilo! Scary shit!
  • edited October 2011
    only one thing is itchin at me on that map...according to the movie, shouldnt the trike be AFTER dilophosaurus and t-rex? :/
  • edited October 2011
    so does anybody know password of the jp gates?
  • edited October 2011
    synJP wrote: »
    only one thing is itchin at me on that map...according to the movie, shouldnt the trike be AFTER dilophosaurus and t-rex? :/

Well, the Dilos are shown on the wrong side of the road even.
  • edited October 2011
    Baryonyx_in_the_Flooded_Forest_.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    Before I even came to this thread I thoroughly explored the new island tour site TT put up today. I eventually figured out the password on my own, I'm just kicking myself at how incredibly obvious a password it is. But my first password attempts were the following:

040/# xy/67
    mr goodbytes
    WHTE-RBT.OBJ

Anyone who is familiar with the JP novel should be familiar with the syntax above. The first two lines are actual password mentions in the novel, while the third line technically isn't really a password, but Nedry's covert command execution that allows him access to park security systems and so forth.

I thought I was being so clever and spot on, but apparently I over shot the mark. Oh well.
  • edited October 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    No mention of the Pterosaur aviary. Why?
    Here's a theory that you're not going to like... What if the Pteranodon's are just part of an epilogue that takes place after JP3 and shows the free Pteranodon from that movie coming to nest at the abandoned park? I hate the possibility but it still is one.
  • edited October 2011
    Here's a theory that you're not going to like... What if the Pteranodon's are just part of an epilogue that takes place after JP3 and shows the free Pteranodon from that movie coming to nest at the abandoned park? I hate the possibility but it still is one.

what about the ending scene from the lost world jurassic park
  • edited October 2011
    what about the ending scene from the lost world jurassic park
    What about it? Those aren't the same species as the ones in the game and there are only three just like in JP3 while in TLW there are 6 or more.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.