Tour Jurassic Park!

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Have you noticed that the Herrerasaurs have the same sounds as the Raptors?
  • edited October 2011
    on the island tour, click the heliport, he says, "Located at the foot of a mighty 360 foot high waterfall, offers the fastest way Heliport our visit to Jurassic Park. Arrive in style from nearby Costa Rica and take advantage of our" Pterosaur's Eye View "tour of the park's spectacular coastline. Consult your travel agent for details"
    says that the Pteranodon are on the coast and need to book a trip to see them
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2011
    Why do so many believe that Pteranodons are harmless? They're gigantic flying reptiles that are very likely territorial, and they're carnivorous.

Not to mention the danger that one might drop a gigantic reptile crap in your eye as it flies past.
  • edited October 2011
    I bet they would make nice leather jackets though.. for Guybrush to sell.
  • edited October 2011
    crochunter wrote: »
    on the island tour, click the heliport, he says, "Located at the foot of a mighty 360 foot high waterfall, offers the fastest way Heliport our visit to Jurassic Park. Arrive in style from nearby Costa Rica and take advantage of our" Pterosaur's Eye View "tour of the park's spectacular coastline. Consult your travel agent for details"
    says that the Pteranodon are on the coast and need to book a trip to see them

No, that's not what that means at ALL. That's like saying "bird's eye view".

There IS an aviary in Jurassic Park, it's seen on the screens of attractions that aren't ready yet, along with the jungle river ride.
  • edited October 2011
    I have to understand, I'm sorry I'm Italian and the translator did not translate
  • edited October 2011
    There IS an aviary in Jurassic Park, it's seen on the screens of attractions that aren't ready yet, along with the jungle river ride.

Can we get some screenshots of this?
  • edited October 2011
    tobar wrote: »
    Can we get some screenshots of this?

The Aviary is on the screen behind Malcolm.

And at one point, Hammond's narration in the background mentions "majestic winged dinosaurs".
  • edited October 2011
    Yes, and it looks like a concept drawing.
  • edited October 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Yes, and it looks like a concept drawing.

Probably because they couldn't afford to build an aviary set for one still photo and/or Hammond didn't want to show a photo of a muddy scaffold clad construction site.
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2011
    I just wanted to point out that the watering hole near the south of the island is meant to be the watering hole where Hammond welcomes everyone to Jurassic Park.

That particular location was missing from the original map.
  • edited October 2011
    Sinaz20 wrote: »
    I just wanted to point out that the watering hole near the south of the island is meant to be the watering hole where Hammond welcomes everyone to Jurassic Park.

That's actually what I was thinking. Works for me!
  • edited October 2011

Clever girl...
  • edited October 2011
    Hmm, there is still question of a watering hole in the North of the island ;)
  • edited October 2011
    So, Tell Tale team, are there some very interesting locations we will see that involve attractions or other things NOT labled on your map? ;) Can you tease us with what it could be?
  • edited October 2011
    scallenger wrote: »
    So, Tell Tale team, are there some very interesting locations we will see that involve attractions or other things NOT labled on your map? ;) Can you tease us with what it could be?

All I can say is that the Boneshaker is the only attraction built besides the tour. Scratch that, it's 90% done.

I'd love it if Telltale made the tour car a way to get around, imagine taking a tour to Nedry's dead body?

"On the right, we have a dead body of a human that was once a member of the park. We spared no expense adding him to the wonderful place known as Jurassic Park!"
  • edited October 2011
    as close is ...
    Whte_rbt.obj
  • edited October 2011
    beautiful. enough said ;)
  • edited October 2011
    I was wondering... and I may be way off here... but is the inclusion of a Geothermal Plant a nod to Trespasser's "lost" Geothermal Plant level? I wonder if there will be any game references to Trespasser, given that it's the most infamous of JP games, lol.
  • edited October 2011
    Poor parasaurs the don't catch a break. They're showing up dead in the compies video, the t-rex video, and one gets attacked in the raptor video...lol....
  • TB3TB3
    edited October 2011
    All I can say is that the Boneshaker is the only attraction built besides the tour. Scratch that, it's 90% done.

Not entirely - the website mentions 'other rides' (plural) and refers to the 'amusement park'; from the text it seems that the original plan was to open this Amusement Park as part of 'Phase 2' of Jurassic Park's business plan, along with the Jungle River Cruise, the Aviary, and the Mosasaur Marine Facility - like Hammond said in the film, additional attractions were intended come online six or seven months after the park opens *.

However, due to rapid construction and the need for quicker financial returns, it seems InGen will launch the amusement park during Phase 1 - a 'soft launch' suggests that they'll open it without fanfare or a lot of fuss.

So we can say with confidence that other amusement rides are intended, but can't say how advanced their construction is in comparison to Boneshaker.

* At one point I wondered if the staggered opening was intended to allow initial focus to be about the dinosaurs rather than just the Isla Nublar Resort as a whole, now from the Telltale website I wonder if construction delays and financial over-runs forced Hammond to either accelerate the timetable for the park's opening, or instead to scale back expenditure on secondary attractions and focus on the Park's core 'ride' (the Safari tour) and open with that alone, so that JP can be earning revenue whilst the final phase of construction goes ahead.
  • edited October 2011
    scallenger wrote: »
    I was wondering... and I may be way off here... but is the inclusion of a Geothermal Plant a nod to Trespasser's "lost" Geothermal Plant level? I wonder if there will be any game references to Trespasser, given that it's the most infamous of JP games, lol.

I'd say its reference to the geothermal power plant seen in the original novel and i believed mentioned in passing in the movie as the parks power source.
  • edited November 2011
    jmine83 wrote: »
    Before I even came to this thread I thoroughly explored the new island tour site TT put up today. I eventually figured out the password on my own, I'm just kicking myself at how incredibly obvious a password it is. But my first password attempts were the following:

040/# xy/67
    mr goodbytes
    WHTE-RBT.OBJ

Anyone who is familiar with the JP novel should be familiar with the syntax above. The first two lines are actual password mentions in the novel, while the third line technically isn't really a password, but Nedry's covert command execution that allows him access to park security systems and so forth.

I thought I was being so clever and spot on, but apparently I over shot the mark. Oh well.

HAHA! I did the EXACT same thing as you lol!:D
  • edited November 2011
    TB3 wrote: »
    Not entirely - the website mentions 'other rides' (plural) and refers to the 'amusement park'; from the text it seems that the original plan was to open this Amusement Park as part of 'Phase 2' of Jurassic Park's business plan, along with the Jungle River Cruise, the Aviary, and the Mosasaur Marine Facility - like Hammond said in the film, additional attractions were intended come online six or seven months after the park opens *.

However, due to rapid construction and the need for quicker financial returns, it seems InGen will launch the amusement park during Phase 1 - a 'soft launch' suggests that they'll open it without fanfare or a lot of fuss.

So we can say with confidence that other amusement rides are intended, but can't say how advanced their construction is in comparison to Boneshaker.

* At one point I wondered if the staggered opening was intended to allow initial focus to be about the dinosaurs rather than just the Isla Nublar Resort as a whole, now from the Telltale website I wonder if construction delays and financial over-runs forced Hammond to either accelerate the timetable for the park's opening, or instead to scale back expenditure on secondary attractions and focus on the Park's core 'ride' (the Safari tour) and open with that alone, so that JP can be earning revenue whilst the final phase of construction goes ahead.

Well, I'd assume that the enclosure part of the Aviary would be constructed so the pterosaurs could become acclimated to their environment. And as I recall from the book, the Jungle River Cruise was being delayed thanks to the discovery that the Dilophosaurs were venomous.

Also, the geothermal power plant might also be a small reference to the line from The Lost World, "Hammond ran everything on geothermal power. It was never meant to need replenishing."

In any case, I hope that the only reason some of the dinosaurs have no video is because they don't want to show them off yet, not that they've been excluded. And I think the absence of some species, such as Stegosaurus, is because they're not essential to the game or even included. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they took out some of the carnivores and threw in a couple more herbivores like Maiasaurus. For a park/resort, there were a significant number of highly dangerous animals.
    edited November 2011
    veki wrote: »
    Hmm, there is still question of a watering hole in the North of the island ;)

The body of water in the north was an original feature of the JP movie canon map. It actually turned out to be apropos to a location featured early in the season-- since the feature seemed so out of the way and lonely on the map, we gave it a little purpose.

Also, our Geothermal plant is entirely based on movie canon. As such, we got to flesh it out quite a bit.
  • edited November 2011
    The body of water in the north was an original feature of the JP movie canon map. It actually turned out to be apropos to a location featured early in the season-- since the feature seemed so out of the way and lonely on the map, we gave it a little purpose.

Also, our Geothermal plant is entirely based on movie canon. As such, we got to flesh it out quite a bit.

Sinaz, are there going to be any documentaries or anything that goes into why certain dinosaurs were selected over others, ie. why we got Herrerasaurus instead of Baryonyx? Stuff like that?
    edited November 2011
    Sinaz, are there going to be any documentaries or anything that goes into why certain dinosaurs were selected over others, ie. why we got Herrerasaurus instead of Baryonyx? Stuff like that?

Well, since you mention it, and since there's a lot of questions about that-- I'll recommend it as a point of conversation for the developer commentaries.
  • edited November 2011
    Well, since you mention it, and since there's a lot of questions about that-- I'll recommend it as a point of conversation for the developer commentaries.
    Please do :) I would LOVE that documentary! Also I would like to know your personal favorite dinosaurs in the series and how you felt about the dinosaurs you had to consider for the game.
    In any case, I hope that the only reason some of the dinosaurs have no video is because they don't want to show them off yet, not that they've been excluded. And I think the absence of some species, such as Stegosaurus, is because they're not essential to the game or even included. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they took out some of the carnivores and threw in a couple more herbivores like Maiasaurus. For a park/resort, there were a significant number of highly dangerous animals.
    I don't think we'll be seeing Stegosaurus in the game at all. Well, we'd all like to have our own personal favorite dinosaurs in the game, but they had to keep true to the original movie, and those were the dinosaurs that were there. I just want to know what the people developing the embryos and the brochures were thinking, they had plenty of good dinos to pull from the novel. I just wonder why they kept on putting in therapods, it's just overkill, pardon the pun. :)
  • edited November 2011

I'm going to guess that they probably couldn't afford to make models for each species, much less find time for each of them to show up.

Considering that the species seen in Jurassic Park in the first film are: T-rex, Velociraptor, Dilophosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Gallimimus, Triceratops, and Parasaurolophus, with Protoceratosaurus, Metriacanthosaurus, and Stegosaurus shown as embryos, and finally Segisaurus, Herrerasaurus, and Baryonyx being shown on maps, that gives us 13 out of 15 species, with the ones seen only on the map being in doubt. The game gives us Herrerasaurus(which is spelled Hererasaurus in one spot on the tour) so that leaves Segisaurus and Baryonyx in "doubt" as well as two other species. If we accept that Compsognathus has taken the place of Segisaurus, then the addition of Pteranodon and Mosasaur give us the required 15 with Troodon being stricken from the records.
  • edited November 2011
    well that didnt work.

It worked for me a couple of times now.
  • edited November 2011
    Considering that the species seen in Jurassic Park in the first film are: T-rex, Velociraptor, Dilophosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Gallimimus, Triceratops, and Parasaurolophus, with Protoceratosaurus, Metriacanthosaurus, and Stegosaurus shown as embryos, and finally Segisaurus, Herrerasaurus, and Baryonyx being shown on maps, that gives us 13 out of 15 species, with the ones seen only on the map being in doubt. The game gives us Herrerasaurus(which is spelled Hererasaurus in one spot on the tour) so that leaves Segisaurus and Baryonyx in "doubt" as well as two other species. If we accept that Compsognathus has taken the place of Segisaurus, then the addition of Pteranodon and Mosasaur give us the required 15 with Troodon being stricken from the records.
    Couldn't have put it better myself :)
  • edited November 2011
    I'm going to guess that they probably couldn't afford to make models for each species, much less find time for each of them to show up.

Or make them interesting enough and unique enough to stand on their own. I personally prefer these new "replacements" to the quoted map species.
  • edited November 2011
    And then of course, there are the dinos spotted in the other two movies: Corythosaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Ceratosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Ankylosaurus, and Spinosaurus. I think that's everything. :P
  • edited November 2011

So something will happen at that northern part :) Btw, Sinaz, can you please confirm if dinosaurs mentioned on the map are only dinosaurs in the game, or if there would be more of them. Or at least give a small hint ;)
  • edited November 2011
    So something will happen at that northern part :) Btw, Sinaz, can you please confirm if dinosaurs mentioned on the map are only dinosaurs in the game, or if there would be more of them. Or at least give a small hint ;)

There are possibly more dinosaurs then what the map contains.
    edited November 2011

No can do-- You'll just have to play.

And yeah-- I mean, there's too many points of interest in the northern part of the island for us not to take you there. :P
  • edited November 2011
    !!! :)
  • edited November 2011
    I used the magic word and I think that's what worked.
  • edited November 2011
    Some people that have been mentioning things teased in the movie that didn't appear in it but may be in the game. I remind you a few things.

1. The aviary was originally scripted to be in the first Jurassic Park movie, it was moved to the third.

2. The jungle river cruise made a cameo mention in that dinner sequence as well. That's a reference to a scene in the book where Alan, Lex and Tim (I think) were going down a river on rafts where they're attacked by dinosaurs. I know a scene like it was definatly in the book and that was the basis for the Jurassic Park ride. The other option for the ride at the time would have been the ford explorers but then they said "Hmm...Universal doesn't have a water ride..."
  • edited November 2011
    i think it's fair to say that telltale is well aware of all the animals thought to be on isla nublar and all the animals thought to have been created by ingen. we already know they have found wonderful opportunities to add characters, animals, and locations to canon without contradiction and i'm sure we will be seeing plenty more. with that in mind, i don't think the likelihood of seeing any one animal or any one location over another is any more or less likely. i am sure they are well aware of what we (the die-hard "jurassic park fan") would like to see, but, we must remember, this is first and foremost a story and the people at telltale are expert story tellers. they will only include an animal or location if it is for the good of the story and not for the sake of inclusion. for example, there is no reason to expect to see a baryonyx in the game any more than there is reason to not expect to see a baryonyx in the game. we all know baryonyx is on the island and, if it fits well into the story, we will surely see it. that being said, i do expect a fair amount of fan service throughout the game, which will surely delight "jurassic park" fans, but not at the expense of the people who are less obsessive about the property.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.