Season Set customers - Disc is in the store!

Comments

• edited July 2007
    yep porsmond.. ive sent a package to liverpool just plain airmail priority and it got there in 8 days.. course then I sent a package to bristol and it took 15 days .. same shipping method :P doubt it would take 4 weeks unless it got lost or stuck in customs or something XD
    Had a guy SHIP a shirt.. no... really... SHIP as in BOAT.. cya in 4 months! haha
    Anyway Ive double ordered everything and still yet to get an item but im a patient man. I do have to ask though, will there only be a limited amount of the goodie bag made... if so ill nab a few more for the closet collection and a few to stick around the house :P
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    We're ordering more than double the amount that came in in the initial pre-order rush, so there are plenty for now.
  • edited July 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    Anyway Ive double ordered everything and still yet to get an item but im a patient man. I do have to ask though, will there only be a limited amount of the goodie bag made... if so ill nab a few more for the closet collection and a few to stick around the house :P

• Ed!Ed!
    edited July 2007
    Well I've got my code and I'm ready to get the DVD, only I'm going on holiday at the end of July!

I live in the UK and I'd rather not order the DVD until I'm sure I'm going to be around when it gets here.

So if I order the DVD when I return home in mid-August, do you think the DVD will still be available, and will the special offer still be on?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Yep, you should be fine.
  • edited July 2007
    have you been given a delivery date for the discs from your supplier?
    edited July 2007
    The DVDs are supposed to ship from the manufacturer to the warehouse on Friday. It'll probably take 7-10 days for them to get there and to show up in the inventory system. My guess is that orders with just DVDs or that have other in-stock merchandise will ship the week of the 23rd.

The soundtracks and case files are a little bit farther behind. Soundtracks will be shipping to the warehouse on the 24th. Case file materials are all being sent to Telltale's office from various vendors, and we will then have to assemble them and ship them to the warehouse. I'm hoping we'll be able to send a batch before Comic-Con (which would get them to the warehouse at about the same time as the soundtracks), but if that turns out not to be possible, then orders with case files in them probably won't ship until first week in August.

Oh, and as an added bonus, the Bone director's cut CDs are finally being manufactured! We're getting them shipped directly to Comic-Con, and will send a batch to the warehouse right after we return from San Diego.
  • edited July 2007
    thanks for the update.. I think I'm gonna avoid the summer of sam and max from now on and wait for the disc to arrive instead
  • edited July 2007
    Geez, Emily, sounds like you goes at TTG are going to have a lot of swag to give out and win at Comic-Con! Wish I could go.
  • edited July 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Oh, and as an added bonus, the Bone director's cut CDs are finally being manufactured!
    weeeiii!! :D
    edited July 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Geez, Emily, sounds like you goes at TTG are going to have a lot of swag to give out and win at Comic-Con!

Well, the hope is that people will buy it. ;)
  • edited July 2007
    Okay: I may already know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyway just to make sure:

When I ordered the DVD edition, I also ordered the Max & Crossbones Hat and Sam & Max Sketchbook (plus the soundtrack and Case File :D). I assume that since I haven't recieved the hat and scetchbook that they won't ship till the other stuff is available. Am I right about that.

To tell the truth I was kinda hoping that the hat and book would come seperate but I can understand why it's coming all at one time.

BTW I just love your order recieved e-mails. :D

"We love you. Why?
    You bought some stuff!

Not that we wouldn't love you just as much if you hadn't bought 5 whole things from our store." (some stuff omitted because I'm supposed to not tell the others. ;))
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, since you have a not-yet-available thing in your cart (the disc), everything is sitting in the warehouse in a bundle with your name on it, waiting for that disc. Or, at least, something like that is happening.

Case file stuff started showing up today! We got a box stuffed with Greetings from the Moon postcards. They're awesome! Hopefully the other stuff should be pouring in in the near future. (then I can update that "coming soon" image in the store)
  • edited July 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Case file stuff started showing up today! We got a box stuffed with Greetings from the Moon postcards. They're awesome! Hopefully the other stuff should be pouring in in the near future. (then I can update that "coming soon" image in the store)

Please tell me you included something on the back of the card that parodies real tourist post cards like photo credits and location labels (as well as a place to put adresses and stamps)! Little details like that make me squee with joy.
    edited July 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Please tell me you included something on the back of the card that parodies real tourist post cards like photo credits and location labels (as well as a place to put adresses and stamps)! Little details like that make me squee with joy.

Arghhh... why didn't we think of that?! :(

Oh wait... we did. :p

[pointless trivia]

Originally the episode 6 trinket was going to be a moon keychain, but the cost was just too high. Now having seen how the postcards came out, I'm glad we went with those instead. They're really nice.

[/pointless trivia]
  • edited July 2007
    cant wait to get the extra stuff :D
  • edited July 2007
    I requested my Season 1 Boxed Edition last night, and ordered the case file and soundtrack with it. I was going to buy the poster too, but they ran out a while ago. :(
  • edited July 2007
    Since this a DVD, does this mean DVD-Rom also?
    edited July 2007
    Since this a DVD, does this mean DVD-Rom also?

Yes.

DVDs are expected to arrive at our office today (175 boxes!) and at the warehouse tomorrow. :D (It's still going to take a few days before the warehouse starts shipping them out.)
  • edited July 2007
    (It's still going to take a few days before the warehouse starts shipping them out.)

Plus, most people have probably ordered other stuff as well (like the case file and the soundtrack), so it's going to take even longer for those of us... :(
  • edited July 2007
    175 boxes as in boxes full of DVDs, or 175 copies? : / I suppose that's probably confidential though. :p 175 boxes would be good, but 175 individual copies wouldn't be a good start. : /
    edited July 2007
    175 boxes, with multiple copies inside each box. We'll take a picture when they get here. I'm thinking we should build a fort. :D

And that's just what's coming to us. A lot more are going to DR.

Soundtracks will be shipping to DR early next week. Unfortunately we are not going to be able to assemble case files before Comic-Con (in fact, some of the innards are being shipped to us directly in San Diego), so those won't ship until August. Sorry, we tried. :(
    edited July 2007
    Yeah the 175 boxes of games are just the ones for us to have at the office for promo use, and for trucking to Comic-Con and PAX to sell at our booth.
  • edited July 2007
    Unfortunately we are not going to be able to assemble case files before Comic-Con (in fact, some of the innards are being shipped to us directly in San Diego), so those won't ship until August. Sorry, we tried. :(
    That's actually pretty nice to hear, since it means I can order now and be fairly sure the package won't arrive before I return from my vacation on August 7th. There's an upside to everything. :)
  • edited July 2007
    Ohhh, so it's 175 boxes containing copies in their boxes? That's a pretty good starting point, especially considering the fact it's just a small fraction of the actual total copies sold in all the various distributions. :) I don't really mind if the stuff doesn't ship until August. That's not very far away. :D

P.S. - A fort made of Sam & Max boxes, you should put the pictures of that on the Season 2 DVD! :p
  • edited July 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    P.S. - A fort made of Sam & Max boxes, you should put the pictures of that on the Season 2 DVD! :p
    Or better yet, in the game as one of those inside jokes!
  • edited July 2007
    PAX is really no fun to go to just by yourself (I had an awful time last year doing that) but I might have to go just to see you guys. Woo.
  • edited July 2007
    I got a shipping confirmation on my disc just now.
    edited July 2007
    Woo! Thanks for letting us know.
  • edited July 2007
    Ditto here. Shipping confirmation e-mail received.
    Interesting glitch - the game is listed on the shipping notification as "Sam & Max Seaso None"
    edited July 2007
    That's its secret codename.
  • edited July 2007
    It contains no Seasos.
  • edited July 2007
    Good, I think they are contagious.
    edited July 2007
    ReverendTed, could you please forward that email to me at emily -at- telltalegames.com? It is not anywhere in the system as Seaso None (that I know of) so that's weird, but I'll try to track it down and get it fixed.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    I got a shipping confirmation, but I'm going move into a new place by the end of the month (two days after Comic Con). Should I be concerned?
  • edited July 2007
    You should be okay. If you chose USPS shipping, it should be there in a couple of days.
  • edited July 2007
    Damn, I shouldn't have ordered the Case File... it delays it all sooo much...
    edited July 2007
    Fortunately the case file is awesome.
    edited July 2007
    Agreed. The case file is the best part. :D

EDIT: Shauntron, you should have received a tracking number in the confirmation email. If you didn't, I can access your tracking number, but when I tried to track the package the USPS site was down. Like Doug said you should be fine, but if it hasn't shown up by Comic-Con and you need help tracking it, let us know.
  • edited July 2007
    And for me a must have... so, double-damn! ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.