Season Set customers - Disc is in the store!

123457»

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    They put stuff in big boxes because they used to put things in little paper sleeves which caused everything to get bent and damaged. We asked them to stop that, so instead things started arriving in ridiculous huge boxes. Oh well!

That explains the last two sketchbooks coming in boxes that could easily fit a bulk order of 20!! That's one mystery I don't have to worry about now.
  • edited August 2007
    Yay! My Disk, Soundtrack, and Case File all arrived! Great job Telltale! I love the case file, sure it's just novelty, but it's still awesome. I'm watching the videos on the Disk right now. One thing I was wondering though, it may be a bit of a spoiler to those who are extremely spoiler paranoid so just in case:
    The "guide" that came with the disk was only two pages (a single page folded in half), but the bottoms of the pages say "Page 22" and "Page 23". As far as I can tell, this is just meant as a kind of joke since the guide seems complete (except that it's missing page 24 :P), but I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing something.
    BTW, my stuff came in a bubble envelope, no hugemoungous box for me. Plus the box for the disk was slightly warped by sitting in the 100 degree Georgia weather (110 degree w/ heat index I believe). Luckily the disk is fine and the box isn't too warped. Everything else is amazing.
  • edited August 2007
    dg10050 wrote: »
    Yay! My Disk, Soundtrack, and Case File all arrived! Great job Telltale! I love the case file, sure it's just novelty, but it's still awesome. I'm watching the videos on the Disk right now. One thing I was wondering though, it may be a bit of a spoiler to those who are extremely spoiler paranoid so just in case:
    The "guide" that came with the disk was only two pages (a single page folded in half), but the bottoms of the pages say "Page 22" and "Page 23". As far as I can tell, this is just meant as a kind of joke since the guide seems complete (except that it's missing page 24 :P), but I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing something.
    BTW, my stuff came in a bubble envelope, no hugemoungous box for me. Plus the box for the disk was slightly warped by sitting in the 100 degree Georgia weather (110 degree w/ heat index I believe). Luckily the disk is fine and the box isn't too warped. Everything else is amazing.

Yeah, I read that
    the guide was only two pages.
  • edited August 2007
    Alright, I just wasn't sure.
  • edited August 2007
    I just got the shipment with the disc, "Ode to the stuff in the sink" and the Max & Crossbones t-shirt. It took approximately three weeks to get here, but it seems it was well worth the wait. :cool:

And I have to say, Dave Grossman is an excellent poet. I have never before come across poetry that actually makes me laugh out loud, but kudos to him and his poetry for being the first!
  • edited August 2007
    My three Bone books and a Sam & Max t-shirt have been shipped, but I'm still waiting on my other order. :)
  • edited August 2007
    dloeke wrote: »
    I just got the shipment with the disc, "Ode to the stuff in the sink" and the Max & Crossbones t-shirt. It took approximately three weeks to get here, but it seems it was well worth the wait. :cool:

And I have to say, Dave Grossman is an excellent poet. I have never before come across poetry that actually makes me laugh out loud, but kudos to him and his poetry for being the first!

http://www.phrenopolis.com/poem/index.html

You can subscribe to get a weekly poem from him, also.
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    Definitely subscribe to his weekly poems. Look through the entire site as well as it's great fun!
  • edited August 2007
    I remember the massive box from lasttime when I ordered a shirt.. my goodness.. I could LIVE in that box.
  • edited August 2007
    I do live in that box...
    I'm that bum who lives on the street outside your house. You know? The one you threatened with a shotgun that one time. But I forgive you now, it is quite a high quality box.
  • edited August 2007
    Finally got my DVD (w/ sketchbook 1, soundtrack, case file and hat) today! Whoo!

But not so whoo: When I play the disc in my Sony Psyc DVP-PQ1 DVD player the sound for all the videos plays weird. With a lot of pauses. If I had to describe it, it sounds kinda like a skipping CD or a bad video download. And it happens only when watching the videos. All the music and sounds on menu and on the Spoiler Warning/Comments made on disc is not nessisarily(sp?) our opinion screens play fine.

I have no problems playing any other DVDs on it and I even tried cleaning the player. The disc plays fine on my PS2 tho.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    I'm sorry about the sound problem. :(

On my Sony player there is ~1 second of silence before the audio picks up, so it always cuts off the beginning of the music on a track. We tested the disc on a variety of players and did our best to make it work as well as possible, but there are still some weirdnesses that we couldn't control.

At least you have the PS2 as an option. I'm glad it plays well for you there.
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    http://www.phrenopolis.com/poem/index.html

You can subscribe to get a weekly poem from him, also.

Yeah, I subscribed some weeks ago, and that page of his is hilarious. :D
  • edited August 2007
    WOOHOO,Finally My DVD was dispatched at the weekend, I cant Wait to view it. However now I still have to wait possibly upto 2-3 weeks until it reaches England though, Oh Well Good things come to those to wait I suppose.
  • edited August 2007
    Mine arrived at 7:30 this morning! whooo.
    The newpaper clipping is amusing, love it guys.
    Still haven't had a chance to play with the dvd, maybe later this afternoon.
  • edited August 2007
    i got mine yesterday, just as i expected: i go on a long car trip, want to take the soundtrack with me and it arrives mere hours after i've started - but, hey, at least i can now just listen to it without having to concentrate on anything else. it sounds brilliant. the file case is just sweet. you guys are awesome. thank you!
  • edited August 2007
    The soundtrack is amazing. I've noticed a few differences between the tracks released and how they are on the soundtrack. Quiet on the set is alot longer and some tracks actually end instead of fading out. I've also noticed some tunes that were taken out of HTR and used in some places. I love it!
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    The soundtrack is amazing. I've noticed a few differences between the tracks released and how they are on the soundtrack. Quiet on the set is alot longer and some tracks actually end instead of fading out.
    That might probably be explained by the fact that they had more time, to my knowledge.
  • edited August 2007
    Yep..I've noticed a few subtle nods to hit the road, awesome stuff! :)
  • edited August 2007
    i just saw that the german version comes with a little highway surfin poster and a few sheets of concept art... why? i would have liked those as well :(

edit: this is what it looks like click
  • edited August 2007
    Jekill wrote: »
    i just saw that the german version comes with a little highway surfin poster and a few sheets of concept art... why? i would have liked those as well :(

edit: this is what it looks like click

It's a marketting thing. They want you to buy both versions. Right Emily?;)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Err... something like that.

Most of the same concepts are up at Summer of Sam & Max. (The retail version does not come with printed concept art; it's on the DVD.)

The biggest thing the retail version has that Telltale's does not is the poster and the behind the scenes video (parts of which TAC has released online). On the flip side, our DVD has stuff that TAC's does not, like the commentaries and the Steve Purcell cover... We just wanted to make sure that everyone got something cool and special, no matter which version they bought.
  • edited August 2007
    I got them both :D
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Err... something like that.

Most of the same concepts are up at Summer of Sam & Max. (The retail version does not come with printed concept art; it's on the DVD.)

The biggest thing the retail version has that Telltale's does not is the poster and the behind the scenes video (parts of which TAC has released online). On the flip side, our DVD has stuff that TAC's does not, like the commentaries and the Steve Purcell cover... We just wanted to make sure that everyone got something cool and special, no matter which version they bought.

well, thats right, the only thing i am really missing is the little poster. but i gotta say, the telltale purcell cover is way better, i really love that one. and when i see what the retail's got i just have to admit: you guys at telltale simply rock. thank you, and for the quick answer as well!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.