Season Set customers - Disc is in the store!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited August 2007 in Sam & Max
You will find it and many new goodies on the all new Season Set + Disc store page.

Enjoy!

Comments

• edited June 2007
    Just ordered mine! Was I first, was I first? :)

International shipping, is it by air or ship, seemed to be the only option for international customers.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    International shipping is of the regular postal variety. It's supposed to be priority and take 10-14 business days but sometimes takes longer to Europe for reasons that we and our ecommerce guys don't fully understand.

We turned off the international UPS because we knew from past experience that UPS, $0 products, and customs don't mix well. (Also international UPS shipping is much more expensive, so very few of our customers were using it.)
  • edited June 2007
    I have a question, I just paid for the shipping for my free disc(already bought the whole game last year) now my problem is that I would like to get 2 t-shirt but when I go to check out, I have to pay for the full shipping cost instead of combine postage, how can I make it so I only need to pay for the combine postage not 2 full shipping cost?
    edited June 2007
    What are you seeing for shipping? I just did a test for Melbourne and am seeing $13.95 for shipping for the disc and two t-shirts. Shipping is charged by weight but it's one initial cost plus an incremental cost for additional items. If you ordered each of these items separately you'd probably be charged $9.95 shipping for each order.

If you're saying that you already placed an order for the disc and now you're trying to place a second order for the shirts, you need to order them all at once to get the combined shipping. If that's what happened, PM me with the order number for the disc by itself and I'll see if we can cancel that so you can order again with all three items together.
  • edited June 2007
    My order number is 4685378600, I already paid $10.95 for it via PayPal.
  • edited June 2007
    Holy-moleman-ly! I really didn't expect to see the Season 1 Soundtrack to go up there as well, and I'm SOOOOO happy that it did. Unfortunately the store seems to be a little overrun right now (I'm getting some nasty DigitalRiver error-message), so I have to wait until tomorrow to spend SICK amounts of money. After all I couldn't hold myself back, so I did it... I've ordered my S1-DVD in spite of the HORRENDOUS shipping costs. But since I've also ordered another DVD for my brother, and loads of goodies (Soundtrack, baby, yeah!), shipping "reduces" to only a fraction of that.

I hope the stuff really gets sent out in late July (or earlier than that), or it'll be too late for it to arrive in time for my brother's birthday.

One question regarding the soundtrack-set: Is it going to be in a simple cardboard-envelope, or will it get a jewel case? If there's still time: Make Jared and Steve throw together a booklet... use violence if necessary!!
  • edited June 2007
    Thanx Telltale! Now I have to work some extra hours to have enough money for the 72$ I just spend on Sam&Max goodies :D I kid... I really enjoy spending money in the Telltale store, knowing it's going to some very nice people that make really great games, and after some rather horrid experiences with game companies like ea or atari I feel really good knowing that you guys get my money and not ea or atari :D Oh and the case file goodies are great, nonsensical and totally unnecessary but I love em! Also ordered the soundtrack and like Laserschwert I hope it will come in a nice jewelcase with some nifty booklet :D

@Laserschwert
    Wenns doch nur eine Paphülle beim SOundtrack gibt kannste dich ja ins Zeug legen und selber was nettes machen. Bist ja der Spezialist für CD Cover *g*
  • edited June 2007
    S3BR4 wrote: »
    @Laserschwert
    Wenns doch nur eine Paphülle beim SOundtrack gibt kannste dich ja ins Zeug legen und selber was nettes machen. Bist ja der Spezialist für CD Cover *g*

Ja, wird dann wohl notwendig sein ;)
  • edited June 2007
    Ja, wird dann wohl notwendig sein ;)
    Ja, aber wir können ja auch ne cooperation draus machen, Verpackungsdesign ist ja immerhin mein Job, da sollten wir doch was nettes hin bekommen :D
  • edited June 2007
    One Bonus Disc, one Ode to the Stuff in the Sink(Grossman-poetry is my kind of poetry) and one S&M Crossbones t-shirt ordered and paid for. As soon as I get my hands on some more money, an order for the case file and the soundtrack will hopefully be placed as well. :D The bonus disc seems divine, but then again, everything related to Sam & Max in one way or another is divine as well...

S&M is a lifestyle. Don't get me wrong. :D
  • edited June 2007
    Very cool :D just bought mine plus the case file :D :D unfortunately i still suffer from having my paypal acct. on a different email acct. so i may need to get the account that *may* have been created during checkout (i cant remember whether or not i unchecked the create telltale acct. box as i messed up during my first attempt)merged with my existing telltale acct.

Im not too worried about this at the moment as you guys must be really busy at this point helping others with real problems :p

also oddly enough i only got a paypal reciept and not the order info email but my isp is notorious for not letting a lot of my commercial emails through *darn*
  • edited June 2007
    Bonus Disc + Case File < Cost of shipping, but meh, it's only money, spent on good stuff :)

Eagerly awaiting my surprise package in August (along with the Babylon 5 Lost Tales DVD which should arrive at a similar time!)
  • edited June 2007
    Question:

I'm canceling the PA bank account that I used during college any day now, but I'd like to pay for this with my debit card while I still have it, since it's easier. If I order this tonight, how long after should I wait before canceling my account? I'm just worried because of the "late July" thing and all.
    edited June 2007
    boltronics, I just sent you a PM.
    Unfortunately the store seems to be a little overrun right now (I'm getting some nasty DigitalRiver error-message), so I have to wait until tomorrow

What was the error message?
    glo_kidd wrote:
    so i may need to get the account that *may* have been created during checkout (i cant remember whether or not i unchecked the create telltale acct. box as i messed up during my first attempt)merged with my existing telltale acct.

No problem, just send an email to support@telltalegames.com with the email addresses and we'll link them up. Also we can look up the order you didn't get a confirmation for and make sure it went through okay.
    I'm canceling the PA bank account that I used during college any day now, but I'd like to pay for this with my debit card while I still have it, since it's easier. If I order this tonight, how long after should I wait before canceling my account? I'm just worried because of the "late July" thing and all.

Like we said, late July. :p You won't be charged until then if you use the debit card in our store. BUT - you could sign up for PayPal with your debit card and use that. PayPal funds are withdrawn at the time the purchase is made.
  • edited June 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    What was the error message?

After a couple of tries the checkout worked (the error message was "
    com.digitalriver.util.xform.TransformException: Error adding line item"), but I still got the problem of only one "boxed shipment" of the bonus-disc appearing in my overview after purchasing the stuff. I've ordered both the free one (since I've pre-ordered the season) and another "new" one (as a present), but the latter one only appears as dowloads, and without a second "boxed shipment" of the DVD.

I've sent an e-mail to the support about that though.
    edited June 2007
    I think I just responded to your email (or someone else is having the same problem...)

The problem is that you're trying to get two free discs in one order (the $0 one and the one that's bundled with the $34.95 season). We didn't anticipate that. We're going to try to fix this tomorrow - so anyone who's trying to order two Season 1 discs in one order, please hold off for now, and once we get this fixed we'll work with you to make sure your original orders still work as coupons for the free disc.
  • edited June 2007
    Very awesome. Just ordered mine.

That said, I was suprised at the 6.80 shipping - I know when I mail a DVD-case sized thing domestically it's usually just $3-$4. Did they super-boost postage rates?
  • edited June 2007
    All right then... haven't gotten an answer from you yet, so I suppose I'm not the only one having this problem.

EDIT: Ah, there's the mail... OK, I WAS the one.
  • edited June 2007
    Okay, so you guys got an additional $50 from me.

I got the Bonus DVD, the soundtrack (because you guys were holding out on us! Damn you!), the Case File, and finally got around to buying Telltale Texas Hold'em.

I hope you're happy, because I am.
  • edited June 2007
    I couldn't resist, I also bought the Case File and the Soundtrack... 35$ for a free disc, I hate you telltale :P
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    One question regarding the soundtrack-set: Is it going to be in a simple cardboard-envelope, or will it get a jewel case? If there's still time: Make Jared and Steve throw together a booklet... use violence if necessary!!

It's going to be something like this. No booklet, sorry, but we went for the classiest 2 disc "deluxe set" packaging we could find. Also, as mentioned, it's got a cover illustrated by Steve, as well as some brief composer's notes from Jared. It's turning out to be a classy affair.
  • edited June 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    It's going to be something like this. No booklet, sorry, but we went for the classiest 2 disc "deluxe set" packaging we could find. Also, as mentioned, it's got a cover illustrated by Steve, as well as some brief composer's notes from Jared. It's turning out to be a classy affair.

I was afraid it would be something like the "Grim Fandango"-soundtrack, but a Digipak is great, especially with a double fold-out to provide lots of space for Steve's artwork. Nice choice, really looking forward to it!
  • edited June 2007
    SWEET!

I've already ordered my copy of the DVD, and I'll probably end up getting the soundtrack soon as well. And rightly so, I might add.

Not only is the music awesome, it's also serves as all-purpose background music. I can't count how many times someone has asked me to set up music for a PowerPoint show of family photos, to which I responded by by plugging in my iPod and cranking up "The Office", "Consecutive Office", "Quiet on the Set", or one of the many other tracks. You can imagine how much I've been using them considering that it's currently graduation party season, mine included...
  • edited June 2007
    I think I just responded to your email (or someone else is having the same problem...)

The problem is that you're trying to get two free discs in one order (the $0 one and the one that's bundled with the $34.95 season). We didn't anticipate that. We're going to try to fix this tomorrow - so anyone who's trying to order two Season 1 discs in one order, please hold off for now, and once we get this fixed we'll work with you to make sure your original orders still work as coupons for the free disc.

Yeah, for some reason buying a second season set alongside the free disc is a use case that never occurred to me. It should be fixed now, so you'll get both discs if you do that.
  • edited June 2007
    You know Sam & Max fans love our collectables :) So great to see a soundtrack available
  • edited June 2007
    How long will the Season1 DVD offer be up? I won't be back in the states until late July, and I'd hate to have it roasting in a PO BOX until then.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm worried about supplies running out.
  • edited June 2007
    Mine said that there was a "Backorder Warning". Is this just a system artifact of the distant "release" date, or is the DVD indeed backordered already? Here's the exact message:
    Backorder Alert! One or more items in your cart are currently backordered. Your order will ship once all items have become available, but any downloadable goods in your cart will still be available immediately.

Also, I was somewhat disappointed that you couldn't see how much shipping would cost for the different carriers until checkout, and then you couldn't easily go back and change it.
  • edited June 2007
    *humps air*
  • edited June 2007
    Like we said, late July. :p You won't be charged until then if you use the debit card in our store. BUT - you could sign up for PayPal with your debit card and use that. PayPal funds are withdrawn at the time the purchase is made.

Right -- I actually do have PayPal. I forgot that crucial piece of info. Thanks.
  • edited June 2007
    Mine said that there was a "Backorder Warning". Is this just a system artifact of the distant "release" date, or is the DVD indeed backordered already?

The DVD is backordered in the store... that's what it's called when there's no product to ship :)
    edited June 2007
    Haha, yeah, the DVD was never actually frontordered. :D It's still in manufacturing.

Soup - you should be fine. I'm fairly certain we'll order more if we run out in a month.

Regarding shipping - you should be able to just click the back button from the confirmation page, go back one page, change your shipping option, and then click forward again...? Not the sexiest, but I've done it several times in tests and it's worked.

For reference, for the disc alone (domestic), it's ~$6.80 for USPS, ~$8.50 for UPS, ~$17.50 for next day air... and I'm not sure about 2-day air, but I'd guess somewhere between the UPS and the next day. :D International, USPS is the only option and it's around ~$8 to Canada and $10 to other countries.

It'd be easy enough for us to list the estimated shipping costs for the disc somewhere on the site... maybe we can do that tomorrow. It's hard to list estimates for carts with additional merchandise, though, since it varies by weight.
  • edited June 2007
    Hey, I just ordered mine today.

I had it shipped to my US address, but I will be leaving US on 11 July.
    Would I be able to make it or I need to change my shipping address (I hope not:confused:)?
    edited June 2007
    No, it will definitely not ship by then. If you're leaving the country, the best thing to do would be for us to cancel the order and you can place a new one with the correct address. Please email support@telltalegames.com with your order number and we'll take care of it for you.
  • edited June 2007
    Well done Telltale, all I wanted to do was pick up my "free" DVD but bunged the casefile, a t-shirt and the sketchbook into the cart too. Damn you!

Shame Digital River just gave me "There was a problem with your order. Please try again" at the end. Those guys need to get some meaningful error messages, I'd be unemployed if I left messages like that in my programs.

And choosing to pay by PayPal goes to a page at PayPal asking for all my details anew, not giving me an option to log in to my existing account there :(

Will give it a couple of days and try again, as I guess the system's a bit busy just now anyway.
  • edited June 2007
    WHOOO! S&M book, disk and case file ordered and paid for. Have I mentioned how much I love you guys for having paypal at checkout? Means I don't have to find my debit card. WHOOO! dangerous.
    Fantastic early birthday pressie! and hey, they might actually arrive in time for my birthday, that'd be AWESOME. I'm excited.
    I toyed with the notion of getting the soundtrack but decided I couldn't justify that much expenditure, but actually, shipping to the uk was fairly reasonable (just under 10bucks).
  • edited June 2007
    Extra shipping? I'm sure I paid shipping the first time I ordered the DVD collection. Ah well...
  • edited June 2007
    Now that puts the "complete" in "complete soundtrack"! A bit disappointed that you didn't put the soundtrack on the Season 1 disc, but with 70+ tunes I can see why.
    Looks there'll be a really, really big package waiting for me when I get back from vacation. :) I'm off to find someone to hold for me it in the meantime.
  • edited June 2007
    10$ shipping... That's not cheap, but it pays ;)
  • edited June 2007
    "woo!"... but i'll save the "hoo!" for when it gets shipped late July (yup, had to preorder soundtrack)
  • edited June 2007
    Isn't that a little deceptive to put out an email saying that it is finally here, that we can get it now, when it is not here and we can't get it now, its just back ordered? And its still be manufactured. What kind of wild crazy roller coaster are we on here?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.