Season Set customers - Disc is in the store!

Comments

• edited July 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    ReverendTed, could you please forward that email to me at emily -at- telltalegames.com? It is not anywhere in the system as Seaso None (that I know of) so that's weird, but I'll try to track it down and get it fixed.
    I think I see why it happened. The product name was longer than its field so it was truncated, and by a strange coincidence it was completed (albeit with wonky spacing and capitalization) by the following field, which held an indication that there was no recorded serial number for the product.
    Shipping Information
    Product Name    Serial Number            Tracking Number           
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sam & Max Seaso None                     Abiglongnumber

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Wow that's a pretty ridiculous coincidence!
  • edited July 2007
    That is the best thing ever.
  • edited July 2007
    -raises eyebrow-
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Well good. I'm glad it's not due to a typo I made. :D
  • edited July 2007
    Your job is safe for another week!
  • edited July 2007
    My DVD just arrived, and it's totally awesome. You guys did a great job with this one...especially the blooper reel. I don't want to give too much away about that one since it's not on the Summer of Sam & Max page yet, but in all honesty, it was undisputedly an absolute work of genius.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Yes well... we have a talented team :) And voice actors who make us laugh even when they aren't performing
  • edited July 2007
    *has already found two easter eggs on the disc menus; goes searching for more*
  • edited July 2007
    *has already found two easter eggs on the disc menus; goes searching for more*

Heh... which ones? :)
  • edited July 2007
    Got mine today, too.
    I haven't even popped the DVD in the drive yet and I'm already impressed with the humor in the insert. The bit about the Warp Drive was an inspired addition.
    I notice a Flint Paper ad on the back page...a portent of things to come, or just a nod to the roots? Only time will tell, I'm sure.
    Brady Culture might want to consider hiring a more experienced advertising agency next time, though - "ocular" only has one c. ;-)
  • edited July 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Heh... which ones? :)
    Sam on the main menu, and the hot rump on the Concept menu

And yes, the bit about the Warp Drive was very amusing. Always trying to throw us off with those red herrings...and I DON'T mean the bully that Fred's always accusing.
    edited July 2007
    i do believe that there are some eggs of easter still to be found. who will be the first to find them all?

in the spirit of my new found love for little catchable creatures,
    gotta_catch_em_all.gif
  • edited July 2007
    I got my copy in as well and am really blown away at how polished it is. I was expecting something very minimal but telltale really outdid themselves here. I particularly have been enjoying the commentaries with the sound guys because I love soundtracks and hearing composers talk about them.

However, I do have a couple of places where I would like to give some constructive criticism. Firstly, while I did like the concept art montage I thought a standard gallery like most commercial DVDs would have been much more effective as we would have had a chance to really look at the art at our on pace. Also I personally would have liked it if all the shorts had also been on the DVD in an iPod format. However, with a little time I can convert them all to .m4vs so it's a very minor complaint.

I'm very impressed to say the leased and look foward to shelling out my money for Season 2, fully confident that I will get my moneys worth, and then some! Keep up the good work all you great people at Telltale!
  • edited July 2007
    In addition to the previous two, I found a couple of Easter Eggs (
    Yarr!, Exacto Steve, UnMonkeys, and Rats! to be cryptic about their naming) by browsing to them directly in Windows Media Player, but I'm not sure how one would go about getting to them from the menus. (Perhaps you have to wait somewhere?)
    On that note, however, terrific job on the DVD. The full-motion menus are fantastic, and the Extras are extremely well put together.
    edited July 2007
    I put more of your post in spoiler tags because saying how you found them is a spoiler, too. ;)

Also, finding them the way you found them is the easy way out. Go figure out how to get them in a video DVD player, and then we'll bow down to you. :D
    edited July 2007
    man... lets not hack our way to victory. it should be a happy surprise! not a hackers delight.

Sky rockets in flight. Haxors delight. Haxors delight.
  • edited July 2007
    Oops! I didn't mean to be a spoilsport about it - I just opened it...as previously described...and that option was just there.
    edited July 2007
    Eh, no problem. We're probably a little nervous about sending our baby out into the world. ;)
  • edited July 2007
    Firstly, while I did like the concept art montage I thought a standard gallery like most commercial DVDs would have been much more effective as we would have had a chance to really look at the art at our on pace.

Ya. That's something I hate too. And a lot of anime DVDs these days have gone from the "page thru yourself" type to the video type, too. :( It's getting to the point where I won't even click on them anymore because they more than likely the video type. :(
  • edited July 2007
    Now that people start getting the DVD, I guess there's still no update on the case-file or the soundtrack? :(
  • edited July 2007
    Now that people start getting the DVD, I guess there's still no update on the case-file or the soundtrack? :(

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-231
  • edited July 2007
    Also, finding them the way you found them is the easy way out. Go figure out how to get them in a video DVD player, and then we'll bow down to you. :D
    Heh, now don't I feel silly. I already knew how to get there, but I didn't think to
    keep clicking
    No bowing necessary, though, seeing as I got my
    NICKNAME IN THE CREDITS!! w00t! Nevermind that everyone else here got in too, but still. IT WAS ON THE CRAWL, BABY. You guys rock so hard.
  • edited July 2007
    Heh, now don't I feel silly. I already knew how to get there, but I didn't think to
    keep clicking
    No bowing necessary, though, seeing as I got my
    NICKNAME IN THE CREDITS!! w00t! Nevermind that everyone else here got in too, but still. IT WAS ON THE CRAWL, BABY. You guys rock so hard.
    I wasn't... :(
    edited July 2007
    About the credits:
    We put that list together in March when we were finishing up Episode 6, and it has the names of the top 100 posters at the time we created the list. Anyone who was not one of the top 100 posters in March wouldn't be on there. Sorry. :( Also, if you're thanked by your real name somewhere in the credits, we left you off the forum list.
  • edited July 2007
    It's hearing great stuff like this that makes me sad I ordered the case file and soundtrack, because I still don't have the DVD. Hopefully I'll be more than happy when I get the other stuff too :-)
  • edited July 2007
    Meh, oh well. It's not that big a deal. Besides, there's always Season 2! :P

And on that note, you guys really should have put the puppet show video on the website. I think it actually would have been LESS funny if it had gone right...
    edited July 2007
    We considered it, but never had the time. It was supposed to be the first thing to go up in Interim Theater, but we were sort of burned out on
    the puppets
    after that long night of trying to get it to work, and then I sort of lost the tape until we dug it out for an easter egg on the dvd.
  • edited July 2007
    My question to Telltale is why people who buy S&M Season One in a regular get a better deal than those who have subscribed for the whole series online? For one, the new edition comes with the soundtrack, and that was something that I thought about bying online, but I didn't do that because it would cost a lot more extra. In addition, the price of the game in the store is cheaper. Which I would understand if the season was a year old (there's always a price drop), but you can still buy the season online for $34.95 (plus the shipping fee for the bonus disc). That isn't what I would call a great deal, although you get some bonus features with the disc. I suspect that there's another distributer for the game box in regular stores. I don't usually complain about prices for games (I understand that the production's not free), but I signed up early because I thought I would get a special deal. "Very special price for YOU"
  • edited July 2007
    digression wrote: »
    My question to Telltale is why people who buy S&M Season One in a regular get a better deal than those who have subscribed for the whole series online? For one, the new edition comes with the soundtrack, and that was something that I thought about bying online, but I didn't do that because it would cost a lot more extra. In addition, the price of the game in the store is cheaper. Which I would understand if the season was a year old (there's always a price drop), but you can still buy the season online for $34.95 (plus the shipping fee for the bonus disc). That isn't what I would call a great deal, although you get some bonus features with the disc. I suspect that there's another distributer for the game box in regular stores. I don't usually complain about prices for games (I understand that the production's not free), but I signed up early because I thought I would get a special deal. "Very special price for YOU"

The other/retail version doesn't have all the Mechinia shorts they posted over the season, nor does it have DVD commentary that is being posted on the Summer of Sam & Max right now.

Oh, sure, they may have a soundtrack, but it's a sampler, possibly only containing the MP3 tracks you can download from the website.

I say I'm getting my money's worth from TTGs.
  • edited July 2007

$5 more for getting the games almost a year early and better packaging with unique special features?

Sign me up!
    edited July 2007
    For one, the new edition comes with the soundtrack, and that was something that I thought about bying online, but I didn't do that because it would cost a lot more extra.

Actually, it comes with exactly the same MP3s that are on our DVD version. The full soundtrack we sell is completely different and not included in any version of the game.

The extras on the two versions of Season One are somewhat different -- retail comes with a poster and a behind the scenes video; Telltale's version comes with cutscene commentary, machinima shorts, and the ability to play the videos in your DVD player. It really comes down to what you prefer, but the two versions are simply very different.

As for the price, our Season One customers had the benefit of playing the games as they came out (and the season did start almost a year ago) and also the certainty that they were going to get to play the games. This deal had not been signed when Season One launched and there was no guarantee that the games would have come to retail at all.

People have to make their own decision about which to get, but I can honestly say we had no intention of creating one product that was better or another that was worse. We've all worked extremely hard to make sure that both products are awesome. All we want is to get as much cool Sam & Max stuff out there as possible.
  • edited July 2007
    Thanks for an informative answer.
    Actually, it comes with exactly the same MP3s that are on our DVD version. The full soundtrack we sell is completely different and not included in any version of the game.

The extras on the two versions of Season One are somewhat different -- retail comes with a poster and a behind the scenes video; Telltale's version comes with cutscene commentary, machinima shorts, and the ability to play the videos in your DVD player. It really comes down to what you prefer, but the two versions are simply very different.

As for the price, our Season One customers had the benefit of playing the games as they came out (and the season did start almost a year ago) and also the certainty that they were going to get to play the games. This deal had not been signed when Season One launched and there was no guarantee that the games would have come to retail at all.

People have to make their own decision about which to get, but I can honestly say we had no intention of creating one product that was better or another that was worse. We've all worked extremely hard to make sure that both products are awesome. All we want is to get as much cool Sam & Max stuff out there as possible.
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for an informative answer.

You're welcome. Thank you for buying Sam & Max. :)
  • edited July 2007
    Quick question... I paid for my full season of sam and max long ago when it first started, but I'm about to move soon so I can't have the game disc sent to me yet until I have a new address.. Will you still be doing the free disc (Just pay for shipping) deal in 3 or 4 months? I really want the disc.. I just can't have it shipped until after I move.
    edited July 2007
    I *think* the promotion will still be around then, but can't promise it. Could you maybe ship it to a friend's house?
  • edited July 2007
    Is that flash short you guys had on Interim theater an Easter Egg on the DVD? I really think it needs to be on some sort of official Sam & Max medium someway or another...
    edited July 2007
    It's not there. We considered putting it on, but we really had nothing to do with it - Steve just gave it to us to put up in Interim Theater to add some variety.
  • edited July 2007
    oh... :\
    edited July 2007
    It's available all over the Internet as Flash, though. Search for sam and max our bewildering universe or sam and max flash short and you'll find it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.