Sam & Max 205: What's New, Beelzebub? -- Now Available!

edited March 2010 in Sam & Max
title_whatsnewbeelzebub.jpg

What's New, Beelzebub?
The Sam & Max Season Two Finale!

The game is now available! Get it from:

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/whatsnewbeelzebub

Comments

• edited March 2008
    I agree with Chuck.
  • edited March 2008
    Best trailer ever!!!
  • edited March 2008
    heck ya!
  • edited March 2008
    Pure. Win. Here's hoping for many Office Space jokes :D
  • edited March 2008
    was that the Telltale office or was it some random office in hte middle of nowhere?
  • edited March 2008
    Best bits: "I know you're hiding a cow!" and the rap music (don't get the wrong idea, I don't like rap).
  • edited March 2008
    Wow! Very much looking forward to this now! Had a slight "Look Around You" vibe too.
    And when is "Midtown Cowboys: The Movie" coming out, dammit? :p
  • edited March 2008
    Heh that was us. Also, the video host is Jared Emerson-Johnson (with bonus hairstyling to look all 80s)
  • edited March 2008
    So is the guy in the video an employee of Telltale or an actor you hired.

For some strange reason I get a Tabacco vibe from him... I dunno why, but I'm probably wrong, especially since I don't even know what he looks like. Heck, he could look like his avatar for all I know. :D

edit: never mind, there were posts that were made since I originally clicked teh thread and posted. (I had watched the trailer and then read some more posts befroe I posted in here)
  • edited March 2008
    Whoa!
  • edited March 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    So is the guy in the video an employee of Telltale or an actor you hired.

For some strange reason I get a Tabacco vibe from him... I dunno why, but I'm probably wrong, especially since I don't even know what he looks like. Heck, he could look like his avatar for all I know. :D

Quoted due to imminent editing after he scrolls up.
  • edited March 2008
    Has that thing really gone through several generations of VHS-copying, or was that just some neat (and pretty authentic looking!) post processing?
  • edited March 2008
    Heh... On Jake's desk is a pretty nice SVHS deck and a crappy old VCR with manual tracking and a tendency to fuzz out if you thump the top of it.
  • edited March 2008
    Very nice, I cant help but notice Is that Bosco's mom looking rather spectral in the street screenshot?
  • edited March 2008
    As someone who has had to endure some of those horribly dated corporate employee videos, I salute this new video. It is, hands down, the best of the series so far.
  • edited March 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Quoted due to imminent editing after he scrolls up.

Quoted to point out that I had self-edited my post way before I even saw this post. And came to the conlusion of leaving as is and just including a thing saying edit and new text reflecting post changes w/o even refreshing the thread. :p
  • edited March 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    Quoted to point out that I had self-edited my post way before I even saw this post. And came to the conlusion of leaving as is and just including a thing saying edit and new text reflecting post changes w/o even refreshing the thread. :p

Quoted... because I like to quote. :D

AIR QUOTES!
    BennetBrauer.jpg
  • edited March 2008
    WHAT THE FUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • edited March 2008
    Really good trailer. Probably the best so far, even supressing ice station santa, which was my favourite until this came along.

So, I always wondered what the devil would look like in a company training video :)
  • edited March 2008
    yay Jurgens back 8D he is one of ny fav baddies X3
  • edited March 2008
    YAY IT'S JURGEN!

*cough* Oh dear god what. That was great. And insane. Did I mention you guys are all a bunch of mad geniuses?

This episode is going to be nuts. I can't wait!

JURGEN!! :D:D:D
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Be sure to check it out in HD over at Gametailers.com for all its horrible VHS glory.
  • edited March 2008
    Salutations on the trailer. It's a win.
  • edited March 2008
    Woah, the opening was awesome. I so wanna see that movie.
  • edited March 2008
    The trailer freaked me out win the guy turned into the devil the first time. Seriously, it made me jump! It might've just been my jumpy self though...
  • edited March 2008
    Kudos to Nick. The trailers get better and better.
    Jared is great. :D
  • SegSeg
    edited March 2008
    langley wrote: »
    Be sure to check it out in HD over at Gametailers.com for all its horrible VHS glory.

There's something to be said when lo-fi looks better in hi-fi.

Yesterday's technology, today! emot-science.gif
  • edited March 2008
    I love the second commenter who says it is not in HD.
  • edited March 2008
    I liked to 204 trailer better then this one.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Diduz wrote: »
    Kudos to Nick. The trailers get better and better.
    Jared is great. :D

As always, I can't take credit for all of the greatness that is the 205 trailer.

Emily birthed the concept, Chuck wrote the narrative, Jared performed and scored, and Jake and I ruined our lives with things like the bonus trailer and adding "VHS quality mode"

There was definitely a period when this wasn't an awesome trailer and was more along the lines of something I'd turn into my high school film teacher after I had been up until 4 in the morning the night before. Imagine the trailer with no sound except a horribly mic'd Jared and no offensive video effects to give it an excuse to be terrible.

That said, it wouldn't be fair to judge it at that state, so I've very pleased with the final product. I just wanted to thank everyone who helped on this, because we really wouldn't be able to do ridiculously fun stuff like this with out them. And hopefully I'll get to make more trailers. Still waiting to hear what our CEO thinks :o
  • edited March 2008
    So like, what's the point in making it HD if it's already been run through blurrification filters?

I feel like this misses the point somehow.
  • edited March 2008
    Because it's funny? Plus, the video resolution and comrpession are still better than the non-HD version either way. You're seeing higher quality blurring!
  • edited March 2008
    That trailer is fantastic. As someone who grew up on VHS, the look is just perfect.
  • edited March 2008
    The part in the beginning with the S&M silhouettes was awesome. It was more than awesome.

I wish that were Telltale Tools V2.0 ;)
  • edited March 2008
    I know you are hiding a cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2008
    That trailer is fantastic. As someone who grew up on VHS, the look is just perfect.

VHS schmeeHS... Betamax for the win. (It's still the only way to watch Armand Assante lookalike contests :D)
  • edited March 2008
    I'm not sure if the Midtown cowboys trailer fit well with the rest of the trailer. Other than that...cool.
  • edited March 2008
    It wasn't supposed to... the training video was taped over it :)
  • edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Because it's funny? Plus, the video resolution and comrpession are still better than the non-HD version either way. You're seeing higher quality blurring!
    quoted for emphasis.

seriously, I loved the meta-humor with the "natural" processing job you guys did. It totally made question if I had downloaded the wrong file. THe trailer was entertaining in its own right, and that is quite impressive. Kudos to the staff!
  • edited March 2008
    which one is satan? the fat one or the thin one in the concept art?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.