Sam & Max 205: What's New, Beelzebub? -- Now Available!

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I think that's a screenshot we released, actually.
  • edited April 2008
    Ew. I accidently just read a spoiler in the hints board (the thread was on the last post section, titled 'episode 206' - I was going in there to help, because I assumed it meant 106).
    Can't wait 'till tomorrow. I wonder if it'll top 204.
  • edited April 2008
    oh it does Guybrush....it does....
  • edited April 2008
    I can't wait the 14-16 hours till the episode, i need it. I,Need,It
  • edited April 2008
    I'll be in the studio and then I have an art opening to attend, so I won't get to play it until the wee hours of the night after everyone else. It will be a good way to end the semester.
  • edited April 2008
    i wish they wouldnt release games on fridays anymore, becuase the time its friday over there, im at work on a saturday :(
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    The Friday thing is a result of us releasing Sam & Max episodes 24 hours after GameTap, which always publishes on Thursdays. Fridays weren't a choice we made. Releasing a game on a friday is kinda weird.
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Releasing a game on a friday is kinda weird.
    Not really. From a customer stand point, it gives me something to look forward to at the end of the week and makes Fridays that much more special when the day comes to an end.

Of course, it make Saturdays suck if I have to work that day, because I know I'll be up that night playing through the latest episode like I was 15 and dateless... again...
  • edited April 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Not really. From a customer stand point, it gives me something to look forward to at the end of the week and makes Fridays that much more special when the day comes to an end.

Of course, it make Saturdays suck if I have to work that day, because I know I'll be up that night playing through the latest episode like I was 15 and dateless... again...
    "Again"
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...
  • edited April 2008
    Okay, okay, I meant "like always."
  • edited April 2008
    OMG I JUST FINISHED IT ON GAMETAP ITS AWESOME. and great endings and twists telltale
  • edited April 2008
    what time does it get released from telltale? im in hk, so time differences and the like :P

EDIT: hk = Hong Kong
  • edited April 2008
    Heh... if there's one thing I can translate, it's TLDs :)

We usually aim for 9ish AM in our time zone, which is GMT-8.
  • edited April 2008
    um dont they usually release it 11:00 am east or west time?
  • edited April 2008
    i was off by 3 or 6 hours
  • edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Heh... if there's one thing I can translate, it's TLDs :)

We usually aim for 9ish AM in our time zone, which is GMT-8.

and Hong Kong is GMT +8 :P, so that means that... ive got about 1/2 a day to go! yay!

EDIT: that means that on the stroke of midnight, 205 comes out in hk :P
  • edited April 2008
    Can we start moaning that's it's Friday and the new Sam and Max hasn't been released yet?
  • edited April 2008
    yes.
  • edited April 2008
    Are we there yet?
  • edited April 2008
    It's Friday where I live too. I'm stocked up on pizza, booze and cigarettes, just waiting for Telltale to supply the missing ingredient.
  • edited April 2008
    it's 11pm, Friday where i live >.>
  • edited April 2008
    12:18pm....
  • edited April 2008
    1:13 pm
  • edited April 2008
    3:15 PM in here.
  • edited April 2008
    Helstrom wrote: »
    It's Friday where I live too. I'm stocked up on pizza, booze and cigarettes, just waiting for Telltale to supply the missing ingredient.
    ahh, for the realistic hell experience..
    Can we start moaning that's it's Friday and the new Sam and Max hasn't been released yet?
    hehe, like with the last four episodes..
  • edited April 2008
    Oh come ooon ... Release it already. GameTap got it yesterday and it's Friday, April 11th - 14:31 [02:31 PM].
  • edited April 2008
    I's 5:45am in California. You're not gettin' in for at least a couple hours.
  • edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I's 5:45am in California. You're not gettin' in for at least a couple hours.

Ahhh tabacco's customary early morning post telling everyone its a few hours away :p
  • edited April 2008
    Thanks for that tobacco, now i know i can play the whole season 2 before this is released. Why don't everyone else play the season again for recaping what has happnened?
  • edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    ahh, for the realistic hell experience..

I take immersion very seriously. You should see me play Civilization as the Celts!

Actually, you probably shouldn't...
  • edited April 2008
    *waits* its 2:25pm in England ;_; I want the last episode it looks good
  • edited April 2008
    i think its another 3 and a half hours away
  • edited April 2008
    im actually quite patient becuase this is the last new episode we'll get to play til probably next year
  • edited April 2008
    I just hope they don't make the non-US folks get the game from some mickey mouse server again :(
  • edited April 2008
    5.25 PM in here.... :(
  • edited April 2008
    Helstrom wrote: »
    I just hope they don't make the non-US folks get the game from some mickey mouse server again :(

I'm going to guess you're referring to our CDN's bad edge server in holland during the 201 launch? They swapped that machine out very quickly once it was brought to our attention.

Otherwise, your bad download speeds are likely your or your ISP's problem, I'm afraid. We're providing a globally mirrored and load-balanced download system, so I don't think you're likely running into problems on our end.
  • edited April 2008
    Ok. It's 7:37 in California. They should be up by now, right? Hehe. Come on, Telltale. You guys said 11th. 11th started seven hours and thirty six minutes ago. Isn't the release automated? Are we waiting for someone to push the "release" button? I just hope I'll have some of the day left to play it when it's finally avalable.
  • edited April 2008
    Normal buisness hours start at 9am. Give 'em a break! (easier for me to say since I'm in CA and I just woke up)
  • edited April 2008
    It's 5 PM in Sweden and I woke up at 8 AM eagerly awaiting the newest episode. It's ALMOST like waiting for a Christmas presents ... and not being able to get them when you want.
  • edited April 2008
    Morden wrote: »
    Ok. It's 7:37 in California. They should be up by now, right? Hehe. Come on, Telltale. You guys said 11th. 11th started seven hours and thirty six minutes ago. Isn't the release automated? Are we waiting for someone to push the "release" button? I just hope I'll have some of the day left to play it when it's finally avalable.

No, the release isn't automated. Nor can it be. Releasing the game requires coordinating several simultaneous processes as well as support coverage after the fact.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.