Sam & Max 205: What's New, Beelzebub? -- Now Available!

Comments

• edited March 2008
    jaden551 wrote: »
    how is that funny
    the trailer for the movie midtown cowboys was funny but not that
    are all americans this dumb?(except tell tale)

Trolltrolltrolltrolltroll.

gb2/gaia/
  • edited March 2008
    hi!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Hey jaden, it's time to stop spamming threads with tiny posts, and dropping inflammatory remarks.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    WHOO!! Kicking ass and taking names. Way to go Jake! Lay down the law
  • edited March 2008
    i meant to ask you about jaden's spamming oh well to late
  • edited March 2008
    NickTTG wrote: »
    WHOO!! Kicking ass and taking names. Way to go Jake! Lay down the law

"This video is not available in your country." However, Reggie Fils-Aime sprang to mind when reading your post.

How does everyone feel about
    Harry Moleman coming back yet again?
    I think it could be pulled of pretty well, especially because of the funny outfit he is wearing. :p However, I hope he gets put to retirement after this. Don't want to milk it totally out of all the characters.
  • edited March 2008
    can't you see? he's a criminal, it's obvious he did something because
    his love Sybil made him leave
    so he took on a life of crime when suddenly BAM he dies and ends up in hell....
    it's sad...i know
  • edited March 2008
    Really great trailer, can't wait on 205.
    And, well, I know, this place is probably inappropriate, but after seeing the GameTap trailer... please, the next time you invent a german character - could someone whose native tongue actually is german do the dubbing? I like Jürgens character, but since I'm german I really don't see him belonging anywhere near Germany. He doesn't sound german a bit. ^^" And i don't want to insult the voice actor who spoke his part, he is, in fact, doing a great job. I guess you can only tell the difference if you speak german yourself. (And, btw, the accent most germans have when speaking english is curling up my toenails. But I think that was the kind of effect you wanted to get~ xD)

Anyhoo, going too much OT, really liked the trailer, all of you did a great job, already looking forward to season three (I'll definitely gonna buy that one again :D) and... well... hum... good luck in crunch mode? May your coffee resources never go empty~!
  • edited March 2008
    Taira wrote: »
    And, well, I know, this place is probably inappropriate, but after seeing the GameTap trailer... please, the next time you invent a german character - could someone whose native tongue actually is german do the dubbing? I like Jürgens character, but since I'm german I really don't see him belonging anywhere near Germany. He doesn't sound german a bit. ^^" And i don't want to insult the voice actor who spoke his part, he is, in fact, doing a great job. I guess you can only tell the difference if you speak german yourself. (And, btw, the accent most germans have when speaking english is curling up my toenails. But I think that was the kind of effect you wanted to get~ xD)

It's a cartoon. Besides, Jurgen is a scenester, which probably means his German accent is fake because he's not really German and is only doing that to be cool. I mean, he did slip into a Jerry Lewis voice when
    you shined the sun lamp bulb on him
  • edited March 2008
    Hmm, i found the trailer rather uninteresting and i also couldn't get something out of the vhs style, not my cup of tea. The best trailer in my opinion was the one for 204 and with some distance the one for 201.
  • edited March 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    It's a cartoon. Besides, Jurgen is a scenester, which probably means his German accent is fake because he's not really German and is only doing that to be cool. I mean, he did slip into a Jerry Lewis voice when
    you shined the sun lamp bulb on him

What does Jurgen say at 2:03 in the trailer? It doesn't really sound like him, and I think I can just make out the word 'soul'?
  • edited March 2008
    What does Jurgen say at 2:03 in the trailer? It doesn't really sound like him, and I think I can just make out the word 'soul'?
    see you soon
  • edited March 2008
    jaden551 wrote: »
    see you soon

Which is a really bad refferance to those cheesey orientation videos of the 80's where they have the most attractive employee at the time who may or may not be the receptionist act as the closer implying through subtle sexual undertones (but not enough to warrent erotic flirting) that she's looking forward to seeing you come in everyday.

The fact they have Jurgen doing it made me laugh since they didn't change his costume for the episode. :D
  • edited March 2008
    gotta admit, the trailer really rocketed up my excitement for this episode!
  • edited March 2008
    I feel that the trailer did more than enough to get me excited, i feel that this is gonna be the best one yet and blow the rest of season 2 out of the water (which is saying a lot given how good all of them were) just like how "Bright Side of the Moon" blew all of season 1 out of the water ( once again, saying a lot because season one was really good too.)
  • edited March 2008
    Taira wrote: »
    And, well, I know, this place is probably inappropriate, but after seeing the GameTap trailer... please, the next time you invent a german character - could someone whose native tongue actually is german do the dubbing? I like Jürgens character, but since I'm german I really don't see him belonging anywhere near Germany. He doesn't sound german a bit. ^^

Don't know about Jürgen, but often Dutch voice actors are used to provide "German" accents. Doesn't bother me, and I'm German.
  • edited March 2008
    Just to let you know William Kasten (Max) plays Jurgen.
  • edited March 2008
    i never knew! :D
  • edited March 2008
    Holy crap! That was one of the greatest trailers ever! Those campy 80s employee orientation videos where just begging to be parodied :P And the VHS effects was the icing on the cake. Great work!
  • edited March 2008
    Argh, for the love of --
    I was just browsing GameTap's Sam & Max pages, and I came across a screenshot from 205 that isn't on this site. I didn't really want to see it (I only look at the Telltale screens, because I trust them into not spoilering stuff), but if you do, take a peek over here.
  • edited March 2008
    That is indeed a spoiler, so watch out.
  • edited March 2008
    Yeah don't look at that gametap page :( (it's not a mega huge spoiler but it's still something you may want to avoid if at all possible)
    edited March 2008
    GameTap is looking into it :)
  • edited March 2008
    At this point I can happily quote myself.
    I wish I could unsee that.
  • edited March 2008
    i still cant figure out why they still dont have anything in the gt client itself (or why they seem to think the game is 800kB in size?)

also.. i think i am missing something here, all that shot seems to show is a small portion of a set we have not seen so far, with barely any desernable detail due to its small size

i think its just one of those.. "it dont mean anything unless you know something about it already" shots
  • edited March 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    i still cant figure out why they still dont have anything in the gt client itself (or why they seem to think the game is 800kB in size?)

also.. i think i am missing something here, all that shot seems to show is a small portion of a set we have not seen so far, with barely any desernable detail due to its small size

i think its just one of those.. "it dont mean anything unless you know something about it already" shots

Yeah, but I'm weird. I don't like seeing anything except official screenshots from Telltale when it comes to Sam & Max, just because I know how many goofs GameTap have made in the past (I think they put an epic spoiler in a trailer once).
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    They have posted some pretty epic spoilers before, but thankfully this isn't one of them. Still, I would encourage people not to look at it.
  • edited March 2008
    Oh hey they changed it to a different screenshot with an enviornment that briefly shows up in the trailer, so it's not really a spoiler any more.
  • edited March 2008
    mikew wrote: »
    Oh hey they changed it to a different screenshot with an enviornment that briefly shows up in the trailer, so it's not really a spoiler any more.

And yet very interesting all the same.
    It looks like you guys are taking jabs at more Resident Evil characters, as well as maybe Half-Life judging from the design of the subway train.
  • edited April 2008
    they finally added some stuff to the games info card on gametap... complete with the spoiler shot in the top right corner :rolleyes:
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    they finally added some stuff to the games info card on gametap... complete with the spoiler shot in the top right corner :rolleyes:

Yep, and we've requested for that to be swapped out, too. :p
  • edited April 2008
    unfortunately i saw it before it was deleted....."i wish i could unsee that"
  • edited April 2008
    The new screenshots and gameplay video rock! I especially like the picture with Flint, Sam & Max... I shall wallpaper that when I get a hi-res of it *runs to VIP/press section*.
  • edited April 2008
    short video :(
    edited April 2008
    just a week and a half left, though!
  • edited April 2008
    The new screenshots and gameplay video rock! I especially like the picture with Flint, Sam & Max... I shall wallpaper that when I get a hi-res of it *runs to VIP/press section*.
    Flint looks a tad bit confused in that screenshot. I'm curious as to how that scene will play out.
  • edited April 2008
    oh goody.. now all we need is the play it again list for 204... if you please
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    oh goody.. now all we need is the play it again list for 204... if you please

Yeah, yeah, I've got it. Just haven't had time to format it. :p
  • edited April 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah, I've got it. Just haven't had time to format it. :p
    FORMATTING IS FOR THE WEEK.

Who needs formatting when you can just put all your data into plain text and then search it with SpectateSwamp (TM) Desktop Search?
  • edited April 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    FORMATTING IS FOR THE WEEK.

right, last week..
Sign in to comment in this discussion.