Sam & Max 205: What's New, Beelzebub? -- Now Available!

Comments

• edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I'm going to guess you're referring to our CDN's bad edge server in holland during the 201 launch? They swapped that machine out very quickly once it was brought to our attention.

Otherwise, your bad download speeds are likely your or your ISP's problem, I'm afraid. We're providing a globally mirrored and load-balanced download system, so I don't think you're likely running into problems on our end.

I know! Guess my comment came across a bit too snarky to be funny... Or maybe not snarky enough?

Now shush, you're interrupting my F5-ing :p
  • edited April 2008
    Ah, sorry. A man's got to defend his servers, y'know :)
  • edited April 2008
    Releasing the game requires coordinating several simultaneous processes as well as support coverage after the fact.
    which is probably what you're doing right now...i'm driving home now and when i get there and don't find a 205 download in my account...

...i'll just wait a bit longer....like always. no, wait..the 204 release was a bit earlier than the rest and it really was up when i got home. gosh, i will miss this "it's realease day in my country, where is the link"-threads. see you all in 2009..or in the strong bad section...:D
  • edited April 2008
    No, the release isn't automated. Nor can it be. Releasing the game requires coordinating several simultaneous processes as well as support coverage after the fact.

I see. Two buttons, eh?

It was a joke, I swear! :eek:
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, but they have to be pressed simultaneously, and they're at opposite ends of the office. It was a poorly planned system, I'll admit, but when you use discount contractors...
  • edited April 2008
    its now 4:20pm uk time....
  • edited April 2008
    That's nice. It's 8:20am here :)
  • edited April 2008
    That's so early, my mind rejects the mere suggestion as laughable.
  • edited April 2008
    Morden wrote: »
    Ok. It's 7:37 in California. They should be up by now, right? Hehe. Come on, Telltale. You guys said 11th. 11th started seven hours and thirty six minutes ago. Isn't the release automated? Are we waiting for someone to push the "release" button? I just hope I'll have some of the day left to play it when it's finally avalable.
    Bah! It's been the 12th here for an hour and a half, and you don't see us Australians complaining. :P
    Just be patient!
  • edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    ...i'll just wait a bit longer....like allways. no, wait..the 204 release was a bit earlier than the rest and it really was up when i got home. gosh, i will miss this "it's realease day in my country, where is the link"-threads. see you all in 2009..or in the strong bad section...:D

I know, they're good fun. Although we haven't reached the heady heights of season one's release days. Now they were good times, except the donkey show. That wasn't fun.
  • edited April 2008
    I have now completed a particularly grueling day of wrestling with an upset Panda for 6 hours. That Anti-virus server just keeps tossing more puzzles at me than Sam & Max does.

So in reality I'm feeling a bit in two minds about it not released yet. For one I want the finale now. And for another I think I've had plenty of brainteasers today.
  • edited April 2008
    waited 9 hours and 33 minuttes. how long does that stuff take????:confused:
  • edited April 2008
    That's nice. It's 8:20am here :)

So, if your job starts at 9 AM, episode 205 should be released in an hour.
  • edited April 2008
    simon0405 wrote: »
    waited 9 hours and 33 minuttes. how long does that stuff take????:confused:

Its only 8:45am, there , have patience.
  • edited April 2008
    come oooon D8 its 4:48pm *waits* and my parents take my computer aways at 10pm
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, but they have to be pressed simultaneously, and they're at opposite ends of the office. It was a poorly planned system, I'll admit, but when you use discount contractors...

Then wire up a robot to push the other button :D

(11:50AM here)
  • edited April 2008
    Arthur9 wrote: »
    So, if your job starts at 9 AM, episode 205 should be released in an hour.

I hope so. I think I'm going to crack if I have to wait any longer...

Charlie
  • edited April 2008
    i wanna fight satan!!!!
    now!
  • edited April 2008
    I hope so. I think I'm going to crack if I have to wait any longer...

This is even painful than waiting for 204 a month ago... :(
  • edited April 2008
    The store is down! :D
  • edited April 2008
    Something just happened to the purchases screen - the end is nigh! :D
  • edited April 2008
    The website is down because they're 'working on some stuff under the hood'. This must be it!

Charlie
  • edited April 2008
    Then wire up a robot to push the other button :D

(11:50AM here)

Or maybe you could use a really long stick
  • edited April 2008
    die satan die!
  • edited April 2008
    simon0405 wrote: »
    die satan die!

*Gets Boomstick* :D
    Shotgun=Boomstick
  • edited April 2008
    Glad I haven't missed the launch. I like playing it at the same time as everyone else!
  • edited April 2008
    Its going to be released by any minute now...
  • edited April 2008
    Its Out!!!!!!

wait make that it's
  • edited April 2008
    Hooray! It's up!
  • edited April 2008
    Eater wrote: »
    Its Out!!!!!!

And its HUUUUUUGE! :eek: Almost 200 MB. This is gonna take a while...
  • edited April 2008
    YAY!!! Now I just have to wait for it to download and install...

Come on, come on!!

Charlie
  • edited April 2008
    Yep. Almost 50MB and it's still gonna take two more minutes... :p

np: The Orb - Katskills (The Dream)
  • edited April 2008
    Leak wrote: »
    Yep. Almost 50MB and it's still gonna take two more minutes... :p

Usually the episodes are 100 MB, so if this episode is twice larger than the earlier episodes, it should be twice longer too!
  • edited April 2008
    installing...... :D
  • edited April 2008
    205 was awesome, you guys are in for a real treat. I am now sad we have to wait until '09 for Season 3!
  • edited April 2008
    ZOMG WEEEE Thanks telltale <3333
  • edited April 2008
    205 was awesome, you guys are in for a real treat. I am now sad we have to wait until '09 for Season 3!
    you downloaded and finished playing already??? i still have 10minutes of download to go...or you're on gametap.
  • edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    you downloaded and finished playing already??? i still have 10minutes of download to go...or you're on gametap.

I'm on GameTap, so I got to play it last night.
  • edited April 2008
    Thank You Telltale - You Californian sleepy heads you. Downloading the episode now and I know it will be a good one. Now all I want is the case file and the soundtrack. Oh, and the disc version.
  • edited April 2008

Mine's only 167 MB?

So this time, instead of a slow server, the little Dutch boy gets 25% less goodness... :p

She downloads like a bat out of hell though!

OK, I'm off to play the game - where did I put that booze...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.