The "whatever's on your mind" thread 1.3

Comments

• Here are my opinions on the various portrayals of the Joker.

Caesar Romero: The campiest shit I’ve ever seen. I know that that was the point of the show, to be campy like a 60s comic book, but this takes the cake.

Jack Nicholson: Definitely the best performance that Nicholson has ever pulled off. He was funny, yet incredibly sadistic, the way the Joker should be.

Mark Hamill: He IS the Joker. I’ve never heard anyone do the voice of the Joker better than Luke Skywalker.

John DiMaggio: Has a Mark Hamill vibe to him, so he passes.

Jeff Bennet: He’s pretty much Caesar Romero.

Kevin Michael Richardson: Second best animated Joker.

Heath Ledger: I know I’m gonna take shit for this. This has got to be the worst portrayal ever. I mean, all this guy does is be scary and do really sick shit, and not once does he tell a bad joke. Well, unless you count that one scene where he fiddles with the detonator, but still. Heath Ledger was an amazing actor, and he did deserve his Oscar, but if you’re looking for a Joker like out of the comics, look somewhere else.
  • edited June 2013
    I thought Richard Epcar did a pretty decent job in Injustice.
  • edited June 2013
    Noname215 wrote: »
    Heath Ledger: I know I’m gonna take shit for this. This has got to be the worst portrayal ever. I mean, all this guy does is be scary and do really sick shit, and not once does he tell a bad joke. Well, unless you count that one scene where he fiddles with the detonator, but still. Heath Ledger was an amazing actor, and he did deserve his Oscar, but if you’re looking for a Joker like out of the comics, look somewhere else.

But he did a magic trick!
  • edited June 2013
    And a clown mask!
  • edited June 2013
    Well it's close to midnight here and Fire Emblem just asked me if I'm always up this late.
    Wow. The 4th wall just turned into sand.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Fuck.

ruinedbysteam.png
  • edited June 2013
    Fuck.

:(.
  • edited June 2013
    I have no breaking point, and all you have to do is look in my eyes and realize I have laughed in the face of temptation time and time again.

I have never tapped out to society's attempts at peer pressure. You try to stick a beer in my hand with the same commercials that have hypnotized all of you people, and that sell you all your narcotics and things you're addicted to.

Well, I'm harder than any alcohol you can drink, I'm straighter than any line you can snort up your nose, and I certainly can hurt you a lot faster than any pill you put on your tongue.
  • edited June 2013
    [highlight]yellow[/highlight]
  • edited June 2013
    Why did no one tell me theres new Ghost in the Shell!?

I missed a live stream of one apparently! I'll wait till its out on blu ray anyway. I'd pefere the dub cos GITS throws a lot of complcated shit at you and it's easier to follow for me in english.
  • edited June 2013
    Noname215 wrote: »
    Here are my opinions on the various portrayals of the Joker.

Caesar Romero: The campiest shit I’ve ever seen. I know that that was the point of the show, to be campy like a 60s comic book, but this takes the cake.

Jack Nicholson: Definitely the best performance that Nicholson has ever pulled off. He was funny, yet incredibly sadistic, the way the Joker should be.

Mark Hamill: He IS the Joker. I’ve never heard anyone do the voice of the Joker better than Luke Skywalker.

John DiMaggio: Has a Mark Hamill vibe to him, so he passes.

Jeff Bennet: He’s pretty much Caesar Romero.

Kevin Michael Richardson: Second best animated Joker.

No, the worst portrayal, who also had the most potential, sadly, was Brent Spiner in Young Justice. So bland.
  • edited June 2013
    So... World. What's new?
  • edited June 2013
    Johro wrote: »
    So... World. What's new?

I think a new baby might have been born..wouldn't it be something if that was true:eek::D
  • edited June 2013
    I went to a redneck wedding in a barn and they made me drink Everclear.
  • edited June 2013
    At lest it wasn't moonshine.
  • edited June 2013
    Were there tin cans hanging from a tractor?
  • edited June 2013
    Anybody up on their old English slang?

What the fuck is a whiffen(sp)?
  • edited June 2013
    Were there tin cans hanging from a tractor?

Yes. Sigh.
  • edited June 2013
    Anybody up on their old English slang?

What the fuck is a whiffen(sp)?
    A surname, best as I can make out.

So me and my Dad went to a car-boot sale today and sold a bunch of shit neither of us need any more (old Books, DVDs and Games). Guessing I should have asked for more than £2 for my N64 Conker's Bad Fur Day. *shrug*
  • edited June 2013
    A surname, best as I can make out.

So me and my Dad went to a car-boot sale today and sold a bunch of shit neither of us need any more (old Books, DVDs and Games). Guessing I should have asked for more than £2 for my N64 Conker's Bad Fur Day. *shrug*

I've seen Conker's Bad Fur Day sell for about £60 in a shop once.
    (And that was cheap. On ebay it goes for much more. Just for the cartridge alone! 0_o)

I mean damn. I would have given you more for it! Xp

Buuut at least you made someone's day! :D
    (Maybe they might have even posted on Reddit about it too! XD)
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah, I probably should have taken it off and sold it on eBay or something, but I just couldn't be bothered. It's been sitting in my room for years and I just wanted the stuff gone, y'know?

And I know full well it was another seller, 'cause half the other stuff he bought from me was still on his table when me & my Dad were leaving. Again though - I just didn't care.
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah, I probably should have taken it off and sold it on eBay or something, but I just couldn't be bothered. It's been sitting in my room for years and I just wanted the stuff gone, y'know?

And I know full well it was another seller, 'cause half the other stuff he bought from me was still on his table when me & my Dad were leaving. Again though - I just didn't care.

Ah well. You probably have the right idea.

I got loads of stuff in my house I probably should get rid of but I just won't.

(For instance I have the soundtracks to Sam and Max Season 1+2 unopened under my bed. I simply refuse to listen to them. Maybe instead getting digital copies. Probably won't become collectables but they hold some unusual value to me! XD)
  • edited June 2013
    (For instance I have the soundtracks to Sam and Max Season 1+2 unopened under my bed.

You MONSTER!
  • edited June 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    You MONSTER!

I guess I'm a little afraid to touch them after both Sam and Max models broke while on my mantelpeice!
    (Max's ears, and Sam's Hat. :( )
    edited June 2013

Completely understood. I wish I could muster up the courage to just throw more stuff away... and I'm pretty good at it to begin with. ;)
  • edited June 2013
    I'm gonna name my kid Judas.
  • edited June 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    I presume that's an effective deterrent to any potential girlfriend/wife.

Only a week before I'm LA. Rock on!
    edited June 2013

A kid just gives you an excuse to buy even more Doctor Who, Wrestling and Simpson stuff. You'll staple all those items in the crib until you can't see your baby any more. :eek:
  • I’m gonna name my kid Sam.
  • edited June 2013
    I've always thought Damien sounded cool.
    (With my surname it sounds pretty badass! ;))
  • edited June 2013
    Who would win Goku or Superman..in a game of snap.
  • edited June 2013
    I don't consider myself a violent person, but if I ever find out who's setting off those fireworks at 10:30 at night, I'm going to shove a firecracker up their ass and light the fuse.
  • edited June 2013
    Who would win Goku or Superman..in a game of snap.
    Chuck Norris.
  • edited June 2013
    I don't consider myself a violent person, but if I ever find out who's setting off those fireworks at 10:30 at night, I'm going to shove a firecracker up their ass and light the fuse.

But your just adding to the fireworks and waking other people!
  • edited June 2013
    Hey, it had a pre-bible thumping Dave Mustaine. Cool enough for me.
  • edited June 2013
    ALRIGHT! already I'll steal the legendary golden bell of luxembourg!
  • edited June 2013
    I've been looking into getting a new laptop. I've been to several retailers and my choices seem to be "Awesome specs, crap integrated graphics" or "Semi-decent graphics, crap everything else". So yeah, maybe I'm better off waiting until Iris, or whenever windows 8 becomes decent. Hopefully more laptops will be in my price range then (£300-£400).
  • edited June 2013
    Friar wrote: »
    So yeah, maybe I'm better off waiting until Iris, or whenever windows 8 becomes decent.

They'll call it Windows 9 then and hopefully gotten rid off the Metro interface.
This discussion has been closed.