The "whatever's on your mind" thread 1.3

Comments

• edited June 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    I should watch all my Bones DVDs again. I really liked the older series.
    I tought about watching that show just dont have the time to watch it :/ I ocasionly watch it on TV and i like it and also my brother loves the series as well
  • edited June 2013
    So I decided on a random number generator.

And I think I shall have a maximum of 3 games at a time. (A little variety is good I think to stop me from getting too frustrated and give up)

So I'm making a spreadsheet of all the titles I have, and I generated the first number:

Which turns out to be:

Lure of the Temptress

A free title... -_-
    Oh well. I HAVE to play it. And I hear its pretty good. Plus its an adventure game so at most its going to take a couple of days, maybe a week to beat.

So once I get this spreadsheet done I'll generate another two numbers and see what I got.
  • edited June 2013
    The series finale of Bones made me really REALLY sad! :( SAAAD! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • edited June 2013
    100, 175, and 5

Which means

Lure of the Temptress, Normality, and Sanitarium

Huh... All adventure games...

Well tomorrows going to be fun! :D
  • edited June 2013
    What lobsters!?
  • edited June 2013
    Annoyed that most of the people online are just favoriting my art without even giving me their thoughts. And I just got two hate messages from two users on DA who I haven't heard of to stop saying a particular artist sucks(which in reality, he really does and his art isn't even good for that matter).
  • edited June 2013
    Icedhope wrote: »
    So long and thanks for everything.

Confucious say, it easier to say good-bye when you explain why you leaving.
  • edited June 2013
    Leplaya wrote: »
    I just got two hate messages from two users on DA who I haven't heard of to stop saying a particular artist sucks(which in reality, he really does and his art isn't even good for that matter).

First of all, never complain about people liking your art. I understand about wanting opinions, but the whole brooding artist thing went out in the 90's. :P

Secondly, and on a more serious note, art is perspective. Drawings by people who can't even draw a straight line may be seen as genius to some, but people also shouldn't care about strangers' opinions. In that case, everyone just needs to chill. To me, art is about skill, just like anything else that's competitive. A lot of others disagree. Good for them, but you won't find me spending anything on a couple triangles.
  • edited June 2013
    Johro wrote: »
    Good for them, but you won't find me spending anything on a couple triangles.

If theres 3 triangles you could buy the Triforce on merchandise. :D
  • edited June 2013
    So yeah. Gandolfini died. I did find out fairly early yesterday, I just didn't say anything. The news actually did come as a shock and in fact made me sad. I enjoyed The Sopranos and it's awful how young he left us.
  • edited June 2013
    I said something, but....I was afraid it might be a hoax so I waited to be sure. I wish it was a hoax.
  • edited June 2013
    I was thinking about how how does one go about becoming a mod ? Im not interested but im curious to know how you become one.
  • edited June 2013
    Sigh, my gas dryer lost its heat.
  • edited June 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    What lobsters!?

Rock Lobsters!
  • edited June 2013
    Hooray. It's my Top 20 Comedy Actors!

1. Groucho Marx
    2. Rick Moranis
    3. Jerome Howard
    4. Lou Costello
    5. Gene Wilder
    6. Charlie Chaplin
    7. Peter Sellers
    8. Harvey Korman
    9. Leslie Nielsen
    10. Don Knotts
    11. Jerry Lewis
    12. Tim Conway
    13. Bob Hope
    14. Harpo Marx
    15. John Candy
    16. Mel Brooks
    17. Cary Grant
    18. Red Skelton
    19. Don Adams
    20. Bill Murray
  • edited June 2013
    What? No Chico?

He always got left out...
  • edited June 2013
    Tomi021 wrote: »
    I was thinking about how how does one go about becoming a mod ? Im not interested but im curious to know how you become one.
    Not sure about other people, but I was asked by puzzlebox because she (and others) thought I'd be a good mod. Hopefully I've proved them right!

Becoming a mod's not something you just up and ask for - it's something you are asked to do because you have proven yourself worthy of doing it.
  • edited June 2013
    Like being an X man or a Doctor.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Hooray. It's my Top 20 Comedy Actors!

1. Groucho Marx
    2. Rick Moranis
    3. Jerome Howard
    4. Lou Costello
    5. Gene Wilder
    6. Charlie Chaplin
    7. Peter Sellers
    8. Harvey Korman
    9. Leslie Nielsen
    10. Don Knotts
    11. Jerry Lewis
    12. Tim Conway
    13. Bob Hope
    14. Harpo Marx
    15. John Candy
    16. Mel Brooks
    17. Cary Grant
    18. Red Skelton
    19. Don Adams
    20. Bill Murray

Personal preferences aside, that is a really good collection. I just wish we'd see more of Moranis these days... but not the faintest hope that he'd star in or even co-write GB3. :(
  • edited June 2013
    You want a bit more Rick Moranis, listen to this podcast: http://www.nerdist.com/2013/06/nerdist-podcast-rick-moranis/
  • edited June 2013
    Holy shit I got drunk for my birthday.
  • edited June 2013
    Happy detox.
  • edited June 2013
    Attn: Debbie82

I once tore into a post of yours a long time ago and have felt bad about it ever since. You seem like a sweet person. This has been on my mind at least a year. I apologize.
  • My problem with Heath Ledger: He never tells one fucking bad joke throughout the whole movie. Mark Hamill IS the Joker!

But still, one hell of a performance!
  • edited June 2013
    Remember when superhero movies were fun?
  • edited June 2013
    Well, I liked the new theme as well. And Hans Zimmer is the new John Williams, so it was only appropriate.
  • edited June 2013
    Well, I liked the new theme as well. And Hans Zimmer is the new John Williams, so it was only appropriate.

U9q.gif
  • edited June 2013
    Two great dates in a row. Yesterday a sloppy drunk date with a bartender. Today a sophisticated, mild drinking and conversation date with a mortuary scientist.
  • edited June 2013
    U9q.gif

First of all, Superman's theme in the new movie consistently makes me cry.

That said, the old one combined with the Krypton theme is one of the most majestic, triumphant songs ever.

Finally, Hans Zimmer and John Williams come from distinctly different schools of music, so it's interesting to see how they cover similar ground.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Tomi021 wrote: »

Stick around for a while, be an active and responsible and generally cool member of the community, and if/when we're in the market for new mods your name may come up as a good candidate!
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Attn: Debbie82

I once tore into a post of yours a long time ago and have felt bad about it ever since. You seem like a sweet person. This has been on my mind at least a year. I apologize.

Not sure how often she checks in with this thread, so if you care for her to know that much, a PM may not go astray. :)
    edited June 2013

Speaking with the words of filmtracks.com...
    Buy it... if Hans Zimmer's stagnant sound design can be applied successfully to any concept in your universe, in which case this score will run the goose bumps straight from your subwoofers to your loins.

Avoid it... if you expect romance, patriotism, nobility, or even intelligence from a composition intentionally meant to bleed the Batman concept into the completely incongruent one for Superman, a stunning miscalculation by Zimmer.
  • edited June 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Stick around for a while, be an active and responsible and generally cool member of the community, and if/when we're in the market for new mods your name may come up as a good candidate!

I would highly recommend hanging out in the Fables forum on release day if you're serious.

Hey, I'm not going to sugar coat it.
  • edited June 2013
    I would highly recommend hanging out in the Fables forum on release day if you're serious.

Ugh. I dread that day.
  • edited June 2013
    Ugh. I dread that day.

We all do.
    If we are even still here then.
    edited June 2013

I've seen some really ugly release days in these forums, and am looking forward to those in The Wolf among Us Season with a smile. I believe that in my perspective, these days come sugar coated by default and comparison.
  • edited June 2013
    I've seen some really ugly release days in these forums, and am looking forward to those in The Wolf among Us Season with a smile. I believe that in my perspective, these days come sugar coated by default and comparison.

Prepare for:
    We want TWD S2 Nao! Whatz this Wolf A-dong US crap?!!!?
    edited June 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Prepare for:
    We want TWD S2 Nao! Whatz this Wolf A-dong US crap?!!!?

Last time I counted, I banned all of those people forever. :p
  • edited June 2013
    My IRC mindset reads "forever" as "whenever the next banlist wipe comes around, which is mostly within three months".
This discussion has been closed.