E2 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

Comments

• yes, yes, YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!!

February, here i come!!!!

• Maybe they're restructuring things inside the studio where cinematic artists are also the PR guys and have just now gotten around to giving him his new duties.

vivec posted: »

"Our writer Adam Hines hard at work on Fables episode 3. " I'm sorry but what the fuck is this ? Nick Herman(Cinematic Artist for TTG) gave more information more than PR workers

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2014

Some pages ago, it was discussed. I had assumed the consensus would neccessarily be that Graham Smith failed to make a direct connection between some simple reddit threads and Kevin's answer sound sensible in his article. The very same discussion was going on in here, unedited. Why reddit should be considered the catalyst is beyond me.

• Two weeks till we hit february. Hopefully we will see it within the first week.

I would hope to see no hiccups on release... Well, you know how TellTale are.

But seriously if the is issues going on you should let your community know since some people will explode in rage and others will start demanding refunds.

If you weren't going to release in early January you should of told us soon as you knew rather than leave it this long. If your community didn't kick up a fuss you would of probably of never told us.

Hopefully a lesson has been taught and TellTale will communicate better if future.

• Isn't it a little to late to be released in February? I mean, 4 months of delay for a one episode.. That's too much..

• Hopefully it will never happen again.

Clem4ever posted: »

Isn't it a little to late to be released in February? I mean, 4 months of delay for a one episode.. That's too much..

• i hope you are sarcastic.

multicolt posted: »

it probably was XD. probably had to rewrite the whole thing.

• well they did promise to us that it wont happen again lets hope they can keep that promise on episode 3 of the wolf among us

• better late than never ;)

Isn't it a little to late to be released in February? I mean, 4 months of delay for a one episode.. That's too much..

• famous last words kenny,

teamkenny posted: »

well they did promise to us that it wont happen again lets hope they can keep that promise on episode 3 of the wolf among us

• It's about time !

• Some users speculated that the "unusual and specific circumstances" may relate to the sexual content appearing in Episode 2. I'm just a community mod with no advance knowledge on this kind of info, but that sounds like a probably scenario to me.

Either way, Kevin mentioned in his post that he doesn't see this happening again moving forward.

teamkenny posted: »

well they did promise to us that it wont happen again lets hope they can keep that promise on episode 3 of the wolf among us

• Well, given that Kevin based the look and structure of this new "community" off of the reddit format, it isn't that big of a leap to suggest that he might be taking cues from there. The "why" is still puzzling though.

Vainamoinen posted: »

Some pages ago, it was discussed. I had assumed the consensus would neccessarily be that Graham Smith failed to make a direct connection betwe

• I timed it my second time playing the episode, it took 1hr 38min, granted the second time through is gonna be faster but it really was a short episode

Goldrock posted: »

yeah that did seem hell of short didnt it?

• Way past time!

It's about time !

• yorur facts.. they never said jan ever!!!

FreddeN93 posted: »

I don't know if I should cry or laugh. I was hoping it'd come in January like promised but... TELLTALE GAMES right there for you. I guess w

• woah.. we are talking about release dates not obama.

Its obviously stated that there was an issue with eh development that they couldn't talk about (Possibly a Death, Contractual obligation, e

• But how late for you is better?

better late than never

• I have to say I doubt that. It is a mature game and the are hints of going to a brothel in the second episode. If you are referring to the thread I think you are around 70%, 80% or more disagreed and said that it makes sense the would be sexual content, afterall this is a mature title. TellTale shouldn't get too concerned unless they were aiming for a younger audience.

I would rather TellTale stick to their guns when it comes to storytelling rather than try and keep some guy happy that goes red in the face when it comes to the birds and the bees.

Some users speculated that the "unusual and specific circumstances" may relate to the sexual content appearing in Episode 2. I'm just a commun

• touche !

i say 6 months onwards.

But how late for you is better?

• If telltale games is signing contracts that say they can't discuss with their customers why they haven't been able to release what their customers paid for, then telltale games is even more pathetic than I thought.

You heard it from The_Red_Panda first, guys. Telltale is anti-consumer

So you just automatically assume that Telltale is allowed to delve into the details? What if they are contractualy bound or if its somethin

• Those are from the december update.
    I demand new screeshots.

There's two in the blog if you missed that.

• snow will return, if a fable has a strong following they are 'ressurected' / brought back to life / heal (not sure how it happens)

donkey skin won't because she was in hiding/ only a few people knew her.

• first episodes are usually a bit shorter.

Boagrius posted: »

I timed it my second time playing the episode, it took 1hr 38min, granted the second time through is gonna be faster but it really was a short episode

• there is still some posts that could be removed ;)

A few random posts have disappeared from the new forum update I think. I don't know why. Alternatively, we removed a high layered comment that was harassing a user/spamming the thread, and the lower comments got removed as well.

• Definitely, and besides, the Fables comic series definitely doesn't shy away from including nudity from time to time

d_cover posted: »

I have to say I doubt that. It is a mature game and the are hints of going to a brothel in the second episode. If you are referring to the thr

• edited January 2014

I love how he "really wanted to respond on Reddit".
    They have all this community forums for us to rant on and the freaking president of their own company is preoccupied by Reddit while we've been ranting for 4 fcking months, with not a single damn news, an insult with two screenshots, an update after the holidays which never came, and after all the guy still comes with lousy explanations, and not a single excuse.
    Cause clearly what happened is that they took their time developing it to all those major platforms so they can have a conjoint release for Ep. 2, and we of course never were worthy enough of such news.
    However good Ep.1 might have been, we're still getting an hour of entertainment for 4 months of "hell, I wonder where I put those 20€".
    Next time I'm not biting. Beer is way funnier than being treated with such despise.
    And I know this is all just a video game, but that's not what it's about, it's about a president coming on the forum acting all "huh hello I'm the president whatever I'll give you no explanation whatsoever I just wanted to look good on reddit so yeah february, see ya bitches, lololol"
    The guy acts like we'd be the first to know but the only reason we're getting this is because of some reddit sh
    t although we've been asking for news for more than 80 pages on this forum ... what kind of PR is that ? So next time bring up at least an excuse, minimum, come on ...

• Could be worse. We all should be glad that this game was not developed by Ubisoft, where they promise updates for christmas 2010 and people are still waiting today for those to be released

megamike15 posted: »

they are not pulling another jurassic park you think this delay was bad oh boy.

• if it was simple they would of done it...

FiachSidhe posted: »

What?!? Yes they do have some work to do with regaining goodwill and trust. But they hardly need to kiss my ass. In fact, what they have to d

• Wasn't there strippers in episode 2? I saw some in screenshots.

Either way I hope telltale includes some nudity or some shit, this is a M rated game.

I wouldn't mind seeing bigby or beast ;)

Some users speculated that the "unusual and specific circumstances" may relate to the sexual content appearing in Episode 2. I'm just a commun

• it'll be in the 'mens club' strip joint,

and not all of them 'employees' walk around naked some still have lingerie on.

so maybe some censors thought the scantily clad ass walking around was a bit risky ?

Ellias posted: »

Wasn't there strippers in episode 2? I saw some in screenshots. Either way I hope telltale includes some nudity or some shit, this is a M rated game. I wouldn't mind seeing bigby or beast

• Extremely excited for the next episode. At first I didn't understand what The Wolf Among Us was about. I decided to give it a chance thanks to TWD and boy was I glad I did! The first episode was extraordinary and now I plan on reading the novels. Thanks Telltale for this great experience and I look forward to the future of the Fables as the story progresses!

• Glamour-glue?

snow will return, if a fable has a strong following they are 'ressurected' / brought back to life / heal (not sure how it happens) donkey skin won't because she was in hiding/ only a few people knew her.

• [removed]

flagged as trolling me ? holy shit that makes you '3 witches' the trifecta of trolls.. congrats.

• edited January 2014

It's called sarcasm/joking....

• took me a second to work that out,

well, i dunno as not read the fable comics, but i wonder if the game will show 'how' ?

radioshaam posted: »

Glamour-glue?

• Funny that apart from one response in some social network thingy, there's still no official release date...

• a bit early yet, i expect something in the last week of january. so another week.

boberro posted: »

Funny that apart from one response in some social network thingy, there's still no official release date...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.