Collaborative Fan-fiction (Continuation)

Comments

• Liz's settlement wasn't that confusing, was it? : /

I could probably do a summary of the last 2-3 pages, but the whole thing at Liz's settlement was really confusing to me.

• edited April 2014

No it wasn't. Though, there was a continuity / logical error: Why would Liz defend her supplies like a tigress when in a certain post it is revealed that Weston actually managed to steal all of Liz's supplies. If that's the case: why would he show up there, anyway (you know, when he met Ruby and Clem in the storage)? A few posts later, like 5 minutes later in the story, someone posted Dex revealing that Phil is actually Weston and that he managed to steal everything. In my opinion all the other posts with Liz and Selma and the obsession about the supplies were senseless. Besides, when and how could he manage to steal everything? That aspect of the story didn't make sense to me, also Liz leaving "her" settlement just like that. Maybe this is what caused some confusion? At least it confused me a bit.

That_1_Guy posted: »

Liz's settlement wasn't that confusing, was it? : /

• edited April 2014

Rough summary of Season 3 - Episode 1: Fortress Of Solitude (pages 1+8 complete)

• The episode begins with the farm group, only containing Eddie, Eva, Tyler and a new character, Ruby (Jessica is dead, Jacob and Miranda too, probably)
    • The farm got destroyed for unknown reasons and the group is about to leave
    • Ruby wants to go into the woods while the others plan to head up north to Wellington - they try to convince Ruby to join them yet she doesn't change her mind - they say goodbye and separate
    • It is hinted that Ruby didn't reveal what her true intentions were regarding going into the woods
    • While taking a sunbath Ruby witnesses how her walkie talkie cracks - a kid's voice appears. She thinks it is "her little girl"
    • SCENE SWITCH
    • Day 3 in the cave: Clementine has woken up from her apathy and finally gets rid of Kenny's rotten body and manages to drag it out of the cave
    • Before she shoves him into a deep pit dug by boars she frisks his body: she finds a wooden figurine of a duck as well as a photo of Kenny, Katjaa and Duck
    • Day 5 in the cave: Clem has a personal gallery in the cave - there are 3 photos sticked to the wall: Lee's, Bryan + Hannah, Kenny + family
    • Clem assumes that Bryan might be dead. It's raining outside and she decides to stay in the cave, being too weak due to her depressive state of mind
    • The next morning: Clem steps out of the cave to relieve herself. The sun is shining yet she still doesn't feel well. She thinks wether to stay in the cave or not
    • She suddenly sees a squirrel and tries to catch it when the walkie emits a sound. She asks if anybody's there
    • "...Lauren? Is that you?" the voice asks. After a long while Clem replies: "Yes, I'm here. Who are you?"
    • They introduce themselves and Ruby asks if Clem is safe and where she is. Clem follows a cross in the distance until she reaches a cemetery with a church in the center of it. Ruby claims she can see it and asks her to wait for her
    • After hours of waiting the walkie cracks again and Ruby says she's there, though Clem can't see her so they realize they are at different churches
    • They have a little chat. It's revealed that Ruby is 34, yet Clem cannot tell her exact age. Suddenly the reception interrupts and Ruby's gone - Clem cries softly
    • Clem enters the church with the aim to find something to eat.
    • There are 12 walkers in there which got her attention - they attack her and she manages to kill 3 of them with her knife when they suddenly step back due to the guts and rotten flesh covering her
    • She carefully enters a storage room with crackers, chips, soda, and water bottles
    • When she's about to eat suddenly Ruby's voice appears causing the walkers to attack Clem once again. She manages to get out of there barricading the door
    • Ruby asks Clem to tell her the X&Y coordinates which can be found on the walkie display. Ruby tells her that it might take 5-6 days of walking to get there, unless she finds a car
    • Clem tells Ruby that she doesn't have to come for her, since it's too dangerous, but Ruby assures her that she wants to
    • Clem thinks about how great it is that Ruby is coming when suddenly she can hear voices: they belong to two of Kirkmin's soldiers, which have survived
    • Clem wants to trick them: She asks for food innocently but one of them attacks her - she dodges his attack and stabs him with the knife in the neck
    • The other man lifts his hands as Clem searches the body for food or water, but he doesn't have any. She takes his knife and the man runs off
    • Clem is starting to feel much worse due to lack of food and dehydration
    • She talks to Ruby asking her if she got any closer
    • Ruby feels that something's wrong and promises to hurry. She also tells her a secret, that Clem reminded her of her 10-yo daughter
    • Clem is about to tell her about her parents in return, when suddenly a fox attacks her. She kills it in an exhausting fight and decides to cook it
    • 2 days later: Clementine is on the peak of a tree exploring the area with a hungry stomach until she finds a river
    • Later on: she has angled fish with the fishing rod she found in Bryan's cave
    • Clem decides to go back home as it looks like it would start to rain soon
    • She takes a cutoff and comes across a female walker stuck in between rocks with a backpack on - she kills it
    • Back in the cave she explores the content of the backpack: A large hoodie, a book "The Little Prince", an envelope and a photo
    • The photo shows two teenagers, a girl with very short dark hair and an oriental looking boy (he reminds her of Omid)
    • The envelope has a letter in it:
    • 'Honey, don't come after me, (...) stay hidden and be quiet. Don't derelict the basement, I've made sure you got enough to eat for a week. Now listen: I've seen my mom. We thought she were dead! I've seen her on the back of a pick up, tied to other people, most of them women and kids, and the drivers were armed. I wanted to go after her, I was too slow, though. Dammit! Everything went so fucking fast, but I've got a clue where they were heading to! Everything will be fine soon, you gotta promise me to stay safe and quiet, I gotta go now, forgive me. Love you! Karim'
    • She then sticks the photo to the wall - another piece in her personal gallery
    • Clem thinks about all the people dying during the apocalypse and reminds Lee's words that she can do anything, so she decides to stay strong and falls asleep
    • The next morning Ruby tells Clem that she's at the church around the corner, though there is a bunch of men patrolling. Suddenly gunshots can be heard through the talkie
    • Scene switch: Ruby gets shot into the shoulder and runs away as the men hop on two trucks chasing her through the woods
    • She slips down a slope and hits the ground with her wounded shoulder and the blood as well as the screams attract walkers when the soldiers arrive
    • They kill the walkers and find Ruby weeping. One of them calls her 'a nice cow' and seems to be glad she's alive
    • Scene switch: Clem leaves the cave and finds the trucks hidden in between bushes and she witnesses how they drag up a woman, probably Ruby
    • Hidden behind a tree Clem manages to shoot down their leader, causing the other 3 men to let go off Ruby and drawing their guns
    • Distracted by the death rattles of their leader another man gets shot down - the remaining two leave the scene with their trucks
    • Clem helps Ruby to reach her cave
    • 4 hours later: Ruby's sleeping inside while Clem stands guard at the entrance - suddenly a skinny, long haired, bearded man with a shovel holstered on his back drags a body through the foggy wood - it scared the shit outta her
    • She goes to check if he's gone - when she comes back to the cave a walker's just entering it but she succeeds in killing it
    • Scene switch: Elizabeth and Selma survived Kirkmin's attack and they're still in Jack's destroyed settlement
    • Elizabeth is on the rooftop of the highest building and only has one eye left
    • She kills three raiders which were on the way to the warehouse with her rifle
    • Selma shows up and reveals that she didn't have any luck to get into the storage room, medical supply room and the gun room - the effort seems senseless without the keys
    • Elizabeth insists to keep trying and in the meantime they'll shoot everybody who shows up to take what is theirs
    • Selma doesn't recognize her bitter friend who used to be a positive and funny woman
    • Scene switch: Clem tosses the walker body into the bushes as she doesn't want Ruby to know that a walker almost killed her
    • She washes her face with water from a puddle to get rid of the mud - the mirror image frightens her
    • Back in the cave: Clem changes her clothes and comes across many things in her pockets, among other things a couple of labeled keys from Jack's settlement: The labels say "Medical supply room", "Gun room", "Jail" and "Storage room".
    • Bad memories come up when suddenly Ruby wakes up
    • They start to get to know each other, talking about their imaginations of each other and Clem admits that she's relieved about not being on her own anymore
    • Ruby wonders how a little girl could've survived all by herself - Clem snaps and replies that "the little girl died the day she saw her dead parents walking on the street. That girl died when she saw some of her best friends getting devoured by flesh-eating monsters. That girl died when she had to shoot the only man who had protected her through all of the shit this horrible world had thrown at her!"
    • Ruby is speechless and Clem continues to talk about her feelings of guilt which makes Ruby trying to comfort her
    • Suddenly a noise comes from the woods and Clem goes outside to have a look with her gun readied
    • Ruby goes outside since Clem did not return and follows a track until she comes upon 6 bodies with a headshot, tire marks and a shovel
    • Ruby goes back to the cave when a bearded man leaves it and manages to escape
    • After she checked if he set traps 3 hours passed and Ruby tries to talk to Clem with her talkie
    • Clem responds that there are walkers and she'll be back soon
    • 2 hours later Clem returns with a cat, Oreo
    • Many days later: Ruby's arm is better and they're eating squirrels, when Ruby says she's going to give Clem guitar lessons
    • Clem is frustrated by her first attempts to play guitar - Ruby says it needs time though Clem who looks at her gallery replies that time isn't something you can take for granted
    • Many days later: It's warm spring and they've been spending their days outside by the river, catching fishes, having nice talks and playing the guitar
    • A storm hits and they spend the evening in the cave
    • Clem caresses the picture of Bryan and Hannah when Ruby says they can't stay in the cave forever and that Bryan won't return
    • They have an argument since Clem wants to wait for Bryan's arrival until they both start to cry - Clem realizes that she has been keeping her hopes too high and Ruby comforts her
    • Clem admits that she cannot leave the cave since his return is still possible
    • They eventually cheer up and Ruby plays a song on her guitar
    • Ruby shows Clem her tattoo, "Hakuna Matata" on her back and they both laugh
    • Clem remarks that Ruby knows nearly everything about Clem and her people but she never reveals anything about her personal life
    • Ruby promises to tell her everything bit by bit, since it's hard for her to talk about her past
    • She starts to tell Clem about the farm people and the pug when Clem brings up that she knows them
    • Ruby confirms that Jacob, Jessica and Miranda are dead and the rest went to Wellington, Michigan
    • The next morning the mattress is drenched in water since it has rained all night and stones are beginning to fall off the ceiling
    • Ruby plans to stabilize the walls with pillars and clay
    • Clementine's thoughts trail off to Bryan and she comes to the conclusion that chances of his return are too small
    • Then she eventually decides to leave the cave, assuring Ruby that she actually means it
    • Ruby tells her not to rush things but to pack their stuff first and to make up a good plan
    • Clem reveals the keychain to the supplies in Jack's settlement
    • They want to get the supplies. Once they got them Ruby is going to tell Clem a secret
    • The storm stopped and they get their things and leave
    • On their way Clem tells Ruby about Kirkmin's attack when they come across a fresh grave with a cross made of sticks, then suddenly two gunshots clang
    • Clementine runs towards the sounds in an instant while Ruby follows her and yells to stop
    • Clementine is attacked by a walker and Ruby kills it at the last moment
    • They have an argument about Clem's careless behavior and it turns out Clem thought it might've been Bryan, so they eventually go check it out
    • They come upon a horrible scene: A young girl bathed in white flowers with a headshot and a dead man gripping a gun - it's Lauren and Peter, Ruby's missing daughter and husband
    • Ruby cries her heart out and Clem finds a letter in Peter's hand:
    • 'Ruby, If you find this, it means I have failed you. Lauren... She got bit. I did my best to cover the wounds, but there is only so much I could do. I picked the most beautiful white flowers I could find and placed them next to her on the ground. Her body, it was so weak and fragile. I couldn't bear to witness the horror, the pain and the suffering she had to go through. So I ended it. I couldn't even ask her if she... Ruby, I'm so sorry. I'm just so fucking sorry... Please, just remember that even though you might feel like there is no hope, there is. There is always something left to fight for, even when it doesn't feel like there is. Don't make the mistake I did. In this world, you don't live. You survive and you find something to fight for. You will never forget the pain, but you have got to learn to give it a place and to move on with your life, no matter how hard that might be. I took the easy way out. But you're a fighter. You're the strongest woman I have met in my life. You will make it. You are strong. I'm sorry, Peter. PS: Find a man named Bryan, he promised me to take care of you.'
    • Ruby's been crying for hours and Clem feels guilty for everything. The fact that Bryan might be alive doesn't relieve her considering the circumstances
    • Hours later the sun goes down and Ruby lays on the body of her daughter whilst holding her husbands hand
    • Ruby tells Clem that she doesn't regret that she came after her and that she would like to turn back time
    • Growls in the distance force them to make a decision
    • Ruby says: "Let's keep moving. The least I need is being stuck in there, caught in a depressive state of mind. Lauren used to love the nature. I feel closer to her out here."
    • Before they leave Ruby swaps the ring with the one her husband is wearing and pulls a necklace with a lizard pendant over Lauren's head, saying goodbye with emotional words
    • Ruby cloisters herself away when Clem tells her that they need to find Bryan, like Peter told her. Ruby agrees with a nod.
    • They find a shed before the night hits
    • Clem wants to check the shed and asks Ruby to cover her but she seems to be gone
    • She enters the shed when suddenly something falling over causes her to run outside aiming the gun at the entrance, expecting a walker
    • Moments later the coasts seems to be clear and Clementine goes to find Ruby
    • She's sitting on a rusty garden swing and Clem is accusing her of leaving her behind in a dangerous situation, yet Ruby doesn't awake from her apathy
    • Clementine eventually goes back into the shed after her final words: "I could've died (...) You can suffer as much as you want, but please, do that inside. We need each other, now more than ever. I'll care about you, but only if you care about me."
  • Good idea.

I'm not good at starting discussions so, anyone have anything to discuss? :P

TheMissus posted: »

I am going to start with the summary this evening. In the meantime we could use the break to discuss what we liked / disliked + sharing advice / ideas for the upcoming episodes. What do you think?

• How about discussing Clementine and her development? How did she do in this episode? I think she had a big start and in the middle of the ep. she got kinda passive but now that Tara's there it might help Clem to play a more important role

Good idea. I'm not good at starting discussions so, anyone have anything to discuss? :P

• edited April 2014

I think Clementine will get more development next time involving Tara, even if Elizabeth's badass-nes is taking the spotlight, she will get a little less of a prominent role in the next I am sure.

I already have a perfect idea to open the next episode, really excited!

How about discussing Clementine and her development? How did she do in this episode? I think she had a big start and in the middle of the ep. she got kinda passive but now that Tara's there it might help Clem to play a more important role

• Alt text

HSPLazerz posted: »

Nice. What's up with the random discussions down there? :P

• Wow! I wish we could just skip that damn summary! I can't wait to read your opener

I think Clementine will get more development next time involving Tara, even if Elizabeth's badass-nes is taking the spotlight, she will get

• Great job! You can do this!

Rough summary of Season 3 - Episode 1: Fortress Of Solitude (pages 1+8 complete) * The episode begins with the farm group, only contain

• Okay, who's going to continue? I need a break

Rough summary of Season 3 - Episode 1: Fortress Of Solitude (pages 1+8 complete) * The episode begins with the farm group, only contain

• May I just say you are a badass at summaries. XD

Okay, who's going to continue? I need a break

• edited April 2014

Nobody? I must admit that I'm disappointed, don't dump it all on me, this in unfair and we cannot continue until the summary is done.

EDIT: After I've asked for help several times you're all still ignoring me even though I see you're online and commenting. This is really not the behavior I expect from a team. We are doing this together and that also means that we are working on the summaries together. In the end it's always shifted to me making them and I always kept doing it as it is something that needs to be done. There are tons of other things I would like to do instead of doing it, you know. Now that I see that nobody else is willing to cooperate I decide that this is the last time I've done it unless you conquer your weaker self and help to make this all work. Don't be egoists. The disappointment is growing and I don't understand why you're doing this.

• I wish I wasn't

Twistee posted: »

May I just say you are a badass at summaries. XD

• I am assuming I am... one of those people. I'm sorry okay? I can see why your disappointed and I would be to. Sadly I guess I'll inform you now that I don't really want to do this anymore. I'm not saying its bad or anything. You guys are great. When I began reading your first thread I was blown away at the masterpiece that was created. I eventually finished reading it all and have posted my thoughts on the first page here. You all are truly brilliant, writers. But I can't find my place here. I just can't find a way to continue, and I don't want to ruin the story with my horrible writing. You guys are way better then me and you can't prove me otherwise.

This has been an awesome story. I really hope you guys continue this, because you all are great people and as I said before this deserves recognition. You guys deserve better then this. I'm sorry that I have left like this and I hope you, and the others are not angry. I really hope everyone here achieves in life, because you are amazing people.

Nobody? I must admit that I'm disappointed, don't dump it all on me, this in unfair and we cannot continue until the summary is done. EDI

• edited April 2014

Sorry for not being online :S I promise I will continue the summary tomorrow, it's a little late right now...

Again, really sorry.

@Raging_Blades I am actually quite sad to see you go, your previous posts were very good, although you can not be proven that they are, sadly. Really wish you would've stuck with us, seeing as this thread definitely wants to have more people, regardless of the quality of their writing. We're all amateurs, believe it or not... : /

EDIT: CRAP. I just remembered that I'll be gone all day tomorrow... I PROMISE, I WILL WRITE THE SUMMARY THIS FRIDAY. Seriously, @TheMissus, I feel awful towards you right now. You have done so much work for us and you deserve a break. ; / So like I said, Friday will be it, and I'm sorry.

Nobody? I must admit that I'm disappointed, don't dump it all on me, this in unfair and we cannot continue until the summary is done. EDI

• No. I think your just being nice. And you guys are definitely not amateurs. Probably some of the most quality writing I have ever seen. Almost equal to books I have read, or even better!

Sorry for not being online :S I promise I will continue the summary tomorrow, it's a little late right now... Again, really sorry. @Ra

• I am never "Just being nice" if I give a compliment, I mean it.

Thanks for the compliment on our writing though. : )

No. I think your just being nice. And you guys are definitely not amateurs. Probably some of the most quality writing I have ever seen. Almost equal to books I have read, or even better!

• I feel like this is all my fault since someone told me that I was being to harsh to you. Again, I am truly sorry that I might have caused you bad feelings due to my stupid advice in the past. Believe it or not, I noticed your absence and your posts have been truly missing. Your writing is very good and I am so sad that you've leaving :( I am also sorry to everyone else that we've lost another writer.

I am assuming I am... one of those people. I'm sorry okay? I can see why your disappointed and I would be to. Sadly I guess I'll inform you

• The leaving has become so bad that we could almost write an entire story about it. : S

I feel like this is all my fault since someone told me that I was being to harsh to you. Again, I am truly sorry that I might have caused yo

• Your being too hard on yourself. Trust me it isn't really your fault. It's me for being the failure that I am. Your advice was quite the opposite of stupid. It's kind of like this. It was like getting a bad mark on a test. It is my fault that I didn't study, you were only doing your job, and I appreciate that. I just don't want to "fail" in the future so I decide not to do it at all. I'm sorry if I sound like a coward but I'm really afraid. Maybe one day I can contribute but for now I guess I'll just read...

I feel like this is all my fault since someone told me that I was being to harsh to you. Again, I am truly sorry that I might have caused yo

• edited April 2014

I hope you'll enjoy reading our story anyway, and I definitely hope that you will find the will and motivation to finally start contributing again.

I think you've got the wrong attitude, but I guess there's no changing your mind.

Seriously, your writing isn't bad at all. We all started somewhere very, very low and look where we are right now? Over the span of just a few months we have turned into full-fledged writers, something you can achieve just as well with a little practice.

Your being too hard on yourself. Trust me it isn't really your fault. It's me for being the failure that I am. Your advice was quite the opp

• You can trust me, I know T1G pretty well and he's always being honest - he's never "just being nice"

No. I think your just being nice. And you guys are definitely not amateurs. Probably some of the most quality writing I have ever seen. Almost equal to books I have read, or even better!

• Man, I feel bad now. -_- I would love to write a Summary but I can't this week. Once we finish Episode 2 I'll definitely contribute more.

• If that's the way you see it then we are all failures. Fact is that we all had posts with logical inconsistencies, errors or just bad ones which didn't appeal to the others, I've had many of them so I had to change them, and T1G is not an exception, either and yet we keep moving on. I am so sad that you feel that way

Your being too hard on yourself. Trust me it isn't really your fault. It's me for being the failure that I am. Your advice was quite the opp

• Okay, I have certainly missed a lot...

I will most likely not be able to make a summary for the time being, as I am busy with school, basketball, and other social things, I won't even be that active on here for the next few days...

And I'll miss you Raging_Blades, hope to see you writing in the future.

• I am busy with my tax declaration, renovation works at our large apartement and yard works (which is quite a fucking lot considering I have just a single week off from work) and still I took the time to work on the summaries, so stop with the excuses, please. If everyone helped we would be done in no time! Today's a feast day so I don't expect anyone to make it just now. Thanks for your honesty, though.

• I came back early, so I will start within ten minutes, don't worry! : )

I am busy with my tax declaration, renovation works at our large apartement and yard works (which is quite a fucking lot considering I have

• edited May 2014

Continuing the summary:

• Clementine lays down on a makeshift bed and tries to persuade Ruby to do the same, but fails.
    • Clementine awakens, looking at a hole in the roof, making it cold in the shed.
    • Ruby is missing from the shed, so Clem looks for her.
    • Ruby is found next to a tree, reading her husband's letter.
    • Clementine comforts her.
    • The two hug and share a moment.
    • Ruby decides to find Bryan and so Clem and her move on.
    • Another storm starts to brew before the couple encounter a group of walkers eating something hanging in the air.
    • The food turns out to be two dead soldiers hanging from nooses.
    • Engrossed by the sight, the two women keep moving.

(Elizabeth and Selma)

• The story shifts to Elizabeth and Selma, two survivors of Kirkmin's attack. They live in the settlement and are trying to open a locked building full of supplies.
    • The women argue before Elizabeth lights a cigarette, one of her bad habits.
    • Elizabeth goes down to the storage-building and finds dynamite.
    • Surprised and enraged by her discovery she runs after the fuse, which is being pulled away by someone.
    • She loses track of the culprit.
    • She runs back to Selma and tries to track the man down through the scope of the rifle.
    • She finds him and shoots, but misses.
    • Falling to the ground, Elizabeth starts crying before suddenly laughing in a disturbing manner.
    • When she looks up at her friend, Elizabeth is mad that she didn't cover her.
    • Selma reveals that she is about to leave, her bags are packed and she is ready to go.
    • Elizabeth gets upset at her friend but her speech is ended when Selma slaps her in the face.
    • Selma gives a long talk about Elizabeth's horrible behavior and living in the past.
    • Selma wonders, if there is still a part of the old Elizabeth inside that ugly shell. "Wake up.", are Selma's last words before she climbs down the ladder and walks into the woods.

(Ruby and Clem)

• The other women have finally reached the settlement and are now planning to get inside the locked building with their keys.
    • They cut into the chain-link fence and enter the settlement.
    • Suddenly, Oreo appears with a dead squirrel in his mouth.
    • Clem tries to talk but gets interrupted by a warning shot from Elizabeth.
    • Clementine talks into her by mentioning the way the settlement used to be.
    • Elizabeth still isn't fully convinced, but Clem persuades her by showing the keys to the building.
    • Ruby doesn't trust her, though, so she pulls Clem towards the woods.
    • Clementine resists as she is reminded of Liz's kind nature from before the fall of the settlement.
    • When they turn back, Elizabeth is gone, so they decided to move onto the warehouse on their own.
    • The two go in but are followed by someone.
    • The person turns out to be a man calling himself Phil.
    • He seems friendly, but their meeting is soon interrupted by Elizabeth, who is about to destroy the supplies if she doesn't get them.
    • Elizabeth moves closer and acts like she is shooting Phil and Ruby.
    • She repeats this with Clem, causing Ruby to become angry and to drop to her knees, begging in despair.
    • A long argument ends with Selma showing up and putting a gun in the back of her head.
    • Phil takes the chance and runs away.
    • Elizabeth starts to laugh maniacally before turning around and pressing Selma's gun in to her own face.
    • She yells at her to pull the trigger, but faced by the tough choice, Selma runs away.
    • Elizabeth picks up her lighter and clicks it a couple of times before lighting a cigarette.
    • She asks Ruby and Clem if they are her friends.
    • Clem replies with a simple "I suppose".
    • Elizabeth asks for the keys, but Clementine is wary and pulls her knife when a loud noise erupts within the warehouse.

(Dex)

• A man named Dex has approached the settlement, which he enters.
    • It is revealed he made the loud noise, startling the women.
    • The man calms them and asks them about a man named "Weston" who probably uses a different name.
    • He asks them to go with him to his settlement in Charlotte, NC.
    • Elizabeth refuses, but gets persuaded to go by Ruby.
    • They are going to a settlement which supposedly has 200 people, but first have to pick up a friend of Dex.
    • The group arrives, but finds Dex's friend dead and mutilated with a note attached to his face.
    • The note is made by Weston, who has written down a whole bunch of gibberish.

• The group moves on, finally reaching the settlement.

• It is disappointing, however, as the large settlement is run-down and destroyed.
    • Dex orders them to get on their knees, before ranting about the poor state of the settlement which was attacked by Kirkmin as well.
    • Elizabeth offers him a last cigarette, which he agrees to.
    • He realizes the meaning of this statement too late and gets his eye burned out by Elizabeth before being shot in the head.
    • What follows is a gunfight between Elizabeth and a hiding group of Dex's allies.
    • Ruby and Clem stare in awe as the woman's gun runs out. She walks up to a suffering shoulder and slams her boot into his head.
    • As the fight ends, Ruby tells Elizabeth they will stick together if Liz promises never to kill them.
    • The woman agrees.
    • They walk along the main road of the town and talk about Dex's intentions.
    • Elizabeth checks out an old shop while Ruby and Clem search the area.
    • Ruby finds a green land rover while Clem finds a gun with two bullets.
    • Elizabeth is heard talking to some people.
    • The two women go to her and see three other women kneeling on the floor.
    • Their names are Roselle, Meg and Tara. All of their heads are shaved.
    • After introducing, Elizabeth reveals that the people in the settlement are all dead, relieving them.
    • They ask why the women are here, the shaved people just answer: Ashley.
    • Ashley is revealed to be a settlement where women get used to create children, nothing more.
    • Elizabeth doesn't believe them, but Ruby shows the letter she got from 'Honey'
  • Awesome :) Let's see how far you'll come, I might do the rest

Continuing the summary: * Clementine lays down on a makeshift bed and tries to persuade Ruby to do the same, but fails. * Clementine a

• edited May 2014

I think I won't get too far, but page 10 is almost done. After that, I think we should at least split it, you have done enough work already.

EDIT: Damn... Still have got to do one of your long posts. XD They're great for reading, not so much to summarize ; P

Awesome Let's see how far you'll come, I might do the rest

• edited May 2014

Great, all we've got left is page 13 and one long post and a short one on page 14

Any volunteers?

Continuing the summary: * Clementine lays down on a makeshift bed and tries to persuade Ruby to do the same, but fails. * Clementine a

• Excellent job! Better don't expect any volunteers, though :-/
    If nobody's going to help us I'll finish it tomorrow in the noon, so you can start with your opening post.

Great, all we've got left is page 13 and one long post and a short one on page 14 Any volunteers?

• * Elizabeth begins to read the letter, and she is in disbelief.

* Tara then says how that is what they were trying to tell them all along.

* Elizabeth then realizes if she wouldn't have stood up for herself, then they could have kidnapped her, and locked her up until another slave trader took her away.

* Ruby then tells Elizabeth how strong she is, then Ruby begins to tell her that she will now be her companion.

* Ruby looks towards the other women, telling them that they can all work together, but only if they give her a chance.

* One of the women stated that Ashley was very far away from their current location.

*WESTON*

* He head just finished attacking a farm, once he had killed every one in there, he torched the farmhouse, sending it to flames.

* He then realizes he wiped out half of his customer base.

* Neil and Willie begin to talk about how Whiskey was just a "Fucknut" who liked to kidnap women and children.

*CLEMENTINE'S GROUP*

* Ruby states how they should set up in North Carolina, as a goal. Also stating how they will NEVER go to another community again.

* Elizabeth had begun to have a temper with the others, Ruby informing that Liz has been through a lot.

* Whille Liz was wandering off, she had came upon a machette.

* Clementine then looks down at a walkie talkie, she decides to, throw it out, as it has no use to her.

* They had all managed to fall asleep, Clementine had then awoked to Tara laying next to her.

* Tara then tells her that the others are outside, and Clem looks around trying to find everyone.

* She had then noticed Tara going through her bag, holding a picture of Lee.

* Clementine begins to yell at Tara for going through her stuff, Tara asks who the people in her bag were. Clementine answered simply with, "They are people I loved- Some of them died right in front of me." Tara, says sorry and says she wish she had pictures of her loved ones too.

* Clementine had then asked Tara if she would cut her hair, as it didn't look right the way it was. Tara told her she would think about it as they wander off to the others.

* The two children ask if they can go play in the woods for a little bit, Ruby immediatley yells from a distance not to go.

* Elizabeth quietly whispers and tells them not to go far. But, not before handing them each a gun.

* As they were walking down the woods, they had came across a walker trapped in quicksand.

* It had seemed that Tara was fasinated with it, and it's flesh.

* Before Clementine can say a word, a herd of walkers comes at them.

* Running away screaming they make their way back to the building.

* Ruby awaits them when they get back, asking them what was wrong.

* Elizabeth runs from around the corner yelling. "We need to leave, right now."

* Clementine and Tara rush into the car while the others tried killing the walkers.

* Tara begins screaming for her mother, when Clementine hushes her, telling her they won't leave without her.

* Elizabeth, who was looking for Roselle, had spotted her on a dumpster.

* Just then, Ruby had gotten the car started. Meg then hopped on the trunk of the vehicle, awaiting Liz and Ros.

* Elizabeth then kills 20 walkers with her new Machette, saving Roselle with death.

* The two then ran towards the car.

* They manage to make it to make it 5 yards from the car, when Meg runs out of ammo, unable to protect them.

* Liz then kills one walker after another, saving Meg.

* Right when Meg was about to thank her, Elizabeth's eyes widen. "WATCH OUT!"

* She looks and sees Roselle barley breathing, and a herd of walkers behind her.

* Ruby then drives the vehicle, Eliazbeth then reaches her aem out to Roselle, trying to save her, when a walker digs into Roselle's shoulder...

* It was to late....
  • edited May 2014
    So cool! We're done, guys :)

I think it's best if you mentioned the pages you have summarized at the top, T1G and randomz
    Found a few mistakes:

* Clementine had then asked Tara if she would cut her hair, as it didn't look right the way it was. Tara told her she would think about it as they wander off to the others. --> It was Tara who said that Clem should shave her hair like her mom Roselle taught her. Clem isn't comfortable with it and says she would think about it

* Meg thanks Liz and Liz's eyes widen --> Meg's eyes widen. The words were adressed to Roselle as the walkers almost got her

Minor:
    * A walker digs into Roselle's shoulder --> neck
    * and the numbers aren't right (amount of walkers, yards) --> not that important, though

T1G:

Last point: It is Clementine who owns the letter and hands it to the others
    And: I don't think it's clear that Tara is a young kid and I am not sure one gets that Phil and Weston are the same person and what his true nature is

And last but not least: Hint on page 1 that the summaries can be found on page 15

Good job, guys :)

* Elizabeth begins to read the letter, and she is in disbelief. * Tara then says how that is what they were trying to tell them all alo

• My favorite line: The note is made by Weston, who has written down a whole bunch of gibberish.

I loled

I think I won't get too far, but page 10 is almost done. After that, I think we should at least split it, you have done enough work already.

• I want "No Man's Land" to start already :))))
  • edited May 2014
    The Walking Dead: 302, "No man's land"

(Listen to this: SONG NOT SHOWING UP>>> DAMN IT! )

"Boy this is heavy..."

Clementine and Elizabeth are walking along the river leading to their small camp. They are coming back from a fishing trip and their bags are full of many different kinds of the slippery creatures. "We're going to have a nice big breakfast." Elizabeth mutters, trying to make small talk with the girl. A stone catches Clementine's eye, so she picks it up and tries to skip it along the water, but fails horribly due to the river's rapid flow. "Shit." She whispers. The awkward silence continues until they reach a thin dirt path, leading to their temporary camp. "We need to talk about what happened to Roselle." Clementine says while making a sudden stop. Her angry look annoys Elizabeth immensely, as she still hasn't coped with the consequences of the decision herself. "We've talked about this. I tried to save Roselle but that walker had already bitten her. In the neck." The woman strokes her hand through her hair and looks away. "There was nothing I could have done about it." She says before passing Clementine and walking onto the dirt road, the little girl following closely. "What about Tara, huh? Have you ever thought about her?" Elizabeth stops once again. "She has lost her mother and nothing can fix that." Clementine continues before being cut off by her older counterpart, who has grabbed her by the arm. "Don't talk to me like that. I have been thinking about that little girl every second since I was stupid enough to leave Roselle to be eaten by those fuckers." Her harsh behavior and stern tone leave Clementine feeling guilty about her sudden fit of rage. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..." Her apologies are unheard, Elizabeth has already begun to move forward.

A few long and silent moments later the two women reach the encampment consisting of five bedrolls laid down in a circle around a campfire and the green Land Rover behind it. Elizabeth angrily throws her heavy bag onto the ground next to Ruby, who has been tending to the fire. "Having a bad day?" She asks the grumpy woman. Elizabeth simply ignores her before she walks to her sleeping bag and lays down. "What's up with her?" Ruby asks when Clementine throws her smaller bag of fish next to the other. "It's nothing. Let's just cook some of these fishes." The women share a friendly conversation before reaching a serious topic. "Has Meg... Said anything while we were gone?" Worriedly, Ruby and Clementine share a concerned look at Meg, who is silently staring into the distance with glass-like eyes and a sorrowful expression, similar to Tara's. "She hasn't. But at least I got her to drink something." Clementine frowns. "That's a start, I guess." A silent minute later, Clementine asks about Bryan. "Ruby, I need you to be completely honest with me. Are we going to search for Bryan, or not?" The woman stares into the flickering fire, thinking about her answer with utmost care.

"Sweetie, I..."
  • Don't worry!

I want "No Man's Land" to start already :))))

• edited May 2014
    Damn it, the video wont work...

The Walking Dead: 302, "No man's land" (Listen to this: SONG NOT SHOWING UP>>> DAMN IT! ) "Boy this is heavy..." Cl

• edited May 2014
    Ruby watches the girl's worried face with a bad vibe as she's searching for right words, when she notices that Elizabeth and Meg got their attention. As soon as the wits turned their heads away Ruby continues whispering: "Let's talk about it after the breakfast, now's not the time...". She raises her eyebrows towards the group so Clem gets that they'll talk in private. "We'll take a walk after breakfast, alright?". Clem nods and then she rests her head on the backpack, watching the fishes cooking.

**Flashback**
    "You sure?". "Yes, I checked. If you look at the map you can see all the points where the roads are blocked marked with a red cross. That means that this is basically the only road they can cross. If they don't show up here until sundown then we can expect that they moved on to another region." The two men, who are crouching in the distant bushes, are exploring the area through their field glasses. "Good.", the buff man says as he puts the glasses down, walking towards the car he's been hiding under shrubbery. The brown haired man looks back at him in awe. *If it weren't for *him* I'd never have the bravery to do all this*, is what goes through his mind. His new friend comes back with a bag full of sharp and pointy rubbish. Before he goes to the road he says: "Watch my back."
    ______

Many hours had passed. The sun is hanging low and the greenery had started to turn red. While the blonde man is killing time by grinding all the knifes he carries with him the other man who keeps watching the prepped roadway suddenly kills the silence by speaking: "So... you never told me who that certain "someone" is you said you've been looking for. We've spend 4 days together, I think you'll agree now's a good occasion to tell me after all we've been through." He continues asking as his fellow doesn't answer him. "Is it your wife? A girlfriend, maybe? Boy... I miss my gal so much, almost as much as our baby. She's a tough woman, you know, that kind that never gives up, no matter how hard it gets, and she has a lovely singing voice, you'd love it, I bet. Sometimes I regret leaving her behind, not allowing her to join looking for our baby... I hope she has listened to me, staying right where I left her, but I kinda doubt it, not after all that time. That's not her nature. My-". Suddenly the bulky man, who seems to become uneasy due to the personal stories, interrupts him: "Two little girls. I am looking for two kids." The grief-stricken expression on his face makes it clear that he doesn't want to be bothered by any personal questions.

_____

The sounds of engines make them come back down to earth. As he peeks through the binoculars the brown haired man confirms their hopes: "That's 'em! Car full of people, women and kids, chained to the trunk!". "Stay low.", the other man says as he's watching the scene: The car drives past them at express speed when it suddenly stops. A few tense seconds later a yell can be heard: "Dammit! Flat tires!!".
    The blonde man turns on his friend: "How many?". A moment later he answers: "Four men, one's still on the trunk, the others just hopped out." When the bulky man is about to leave their hideout the friend speaks: "I hope we'll find them *this* time - Third time lucky. Be careful, Bryan." "I will. And Peter: No use of guns. We don't want no ghosts.".

______

"(...) What did I fucking tell you about spare tires?! Now we can't deliver on TIME! Which means we will have to wait another two days for the next chance! If they'll even give us another chance, this is the SECOND time we're fucking it up, and now what?". As soon as his sentence of rants is finished an arrow pierces through his head, the peak looking out of his right eye. "SHIT!! Look out!!", another man screams. "Fuck off or I'm gonna shoot 'em!", the man on the trunk screams, pulling a woman's hair and pointing the gun at her head. Not a second later another arrow finds his way through a head. As the man sinks to the car floor a woman spits him in the face. "I fucking kill ya! Show ya face you cowardly sons of bitches!", the third man yells while his friend is also killed by an arrow, this time hitting the back on his attempt to flee. The only man left thinks he knows where the arrows are coming from thus he starts to shoot at the wood like a maniac. Eventually he's out of ammo. Now Bryan steps out of the bushes, slowly walking towards him. The man is impressed by his height and bulkiness, but most of all it's his hateful stare that frightens him. "Let me go! You can have the entire *ware*, just ... let me go, I'm begging!". "Ware?". Disgusted by his humiliating formulation Bryan beheads him with his hunting knife.

____

Bryan is still staring at the man's head on the ground when Peter shows up on the road. "We made it! I mean: *You* made it!" Suddenly an angelic kids voice infuses the air: "Daddy?!"

**The next morning**
    "You sure you won't come with us?", Peter asks. Bryan pets Lauren's head as he answers: "Yes. I am not far from the region they got me, the place where I lost them.". His smile disappears. Peter tries to loosen the situation. "You sure you'll handle the smuggler cars without my help? Just kidding." Bryan gives Peter a slight hug. "I am glad that you found her, and I am sure that you'll find your wife, either. Take care.". "I owe you one, buddy. Hope you'll make it, no I am *sure* you'll find them. You see, you mustn't lose hope.", Peter says as he looks down to his beautiful daughter. Right when Bryan is about to leave Peter yells: "Hey. One more thing ...". He takes out a piece of paper of his bag. "In case you'll meet her: This is my wife. Name's Ruby. Tell her that I am on my way back to Statesboro, and that her daughter's all well.". Bryan takes a close look at the quirky and cute looking woman. "I will."

**3 days later**
    "Shit.". It doesn't look like it used to, anymore. The cave is all destroyed, as he can easily see by the collapsed stones and rocks. Still, Bryan needs his weapons, so he begins to dig through the debris.
    ______

The effort payed: He got some of his weapons back, even though he expected a little more of them. Maybe they're still lost under the rocks, or someone found his stash - it's hard to tell since what's left of the cave looks nothing like it used to. Anyway, that'll do it. He leaves the area and heads towards Jack's settlement to investigate the spots he had lastly seen Clem and Danielle, two girls he left high and dry, even though not self-inflicted. After a while he follows some human tracks. When he comes upon a grave he just stands there, shuttered, not trusting his eyes, when all his strengths forsake his body. Bryan failed another time.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.