Anyone else 'dislike' Snow White?

Comments

• She only manipulated me because her life was at stake. That's all.

LukaszB posted: »

You still haven't mentioned the key question. How would you be able to trust her.

• Manipulation. She almost managed to completely fool Bigby.

Let me answer your question, With a question. Why can't I trust her?

• Like bluebeard said unofficially isn't officially

KCohere posted: »

Thats not true. From the letters on Crane's desk, you saw that he literally did no work. Snow has been running Fabletown unofficially the whole time. Crane was the boss in name only.

• It was after her life was at stake though, she was honest when her life was at stake. She wanted you to find the photo she stole, honest and still in danger. She wanted you to know that Vivian made the ribbons and that one of her friends almost ratted her out, honest and in danger. She said she saw the Crooked Man order her death and Lily's, emotionally honest and barely out of danger. The only parts she was honest about across the street were about going to Lily's scheduled appointment and dropping Nerissa's head glamoured as hers at the Woodlands when talking about herself.

She only manipulated me because her life was at stake. That's all.

• It was all her scheme in order not to put her life at stake. A necessary precaution. She then revealed her Identity, Sorta of, When the threat was over. I don't see what's wrong about that.

It was after her life was at stake though, she was honest when her life was at stake. She wanted you to find the photo she stole, honest and

• Did you even read what I said. She manipulated you after she was safe. Only the last line made Bigby know who she was.

It was all her scheme in order not to put her life at stake. A necessary precaution. She then revealed her Identity, Sorta of, When the threat was over. I don't see what's wrong about that.

• Well, I'm really failing to make sense of your last comment, So,... Let's just cut this conversation.

Did you even read what I said. She manipulated you after she was safe. Only the last line made Bigby know who she was.

• Sure she was within her rights to inform Crane. She was still wrong to do so. Bigby doesn't automatically rule anyone out as a suspect. Good policy dictates that she defer to law enforcement to decide who needs to know what in the course of an investigation. She's not the district attorney, for crying out loud. And seeing as how Crane ultimately was involved in this whole mess, I don't see how anyone could argue that it was a smart idea for her to inform him. Her stupidity ultimately put Nerissa's at tremendous risk, if the Crooked Man had put 2 and 2 together. If not for Snow, the fact that a head was found at the Woodlands never would have gotten out.

As for killing Crooked Man, Snow had every right to insist that he be brought in alive if possible. Her problem is that she doesn't even acknowledge the possibility that Bigby sometimes has to resort to extreme measures in order to defend himself and Fabletown from imminent threats. She even had the gall to suggest at the Crooked Man's trial that she was going to discipline Bigby for killing Dum in self-defense.

Belan posted: »

She was wrong to update Crane on the investigation if Bigby told her not to - that's improper interference with an investigation. Bi

• How could she be right about burning the tree? Greenleaf can be arrested for harboring a fugitive, and the tree could be turned over to the 13th floor. Burning the tree is just stupid. And Snow has no sense of due process when she's making that judgment, but harps on Bigby about it.

Snow was right about burning the tree though, but her timing was bad. Snow's job does require fairness, but her past does tend to get the be

• Sorry, but while she's technically his boss, she shouldn't directly tell him what to do. Do you think the president gives direct orders to US attorneys and to law enforcement chiefs about how to handle specific cases?

She's only right to criticize Bigby if Bigby does stupid things like randomly assault people and mistreat suspects in custody. She's not right to criticize Bigby for using his wolf form to save himself and her. She's not right to criticize Bigby for killing Dum in self-defense in a situation with multiple armed assailants.

When in the comics does she ever tell Bigby how to handle an investigation? She inserts herself into the investigation of her sister's suspected murder only to the extent that Bigby tolerates it, he doesn't share everything with her, and he's smart enough to treat her as a suspect. And in their meetings after that, he simply tells her what he is going to do, he doesn't ask her for permission to do anything. And she's smart enough to trust his judgment. Because she doesn't do his job, doesn't know how to do his job, and shouldn't presume to know how.

Ive read the comics, all except two of the latest ones and I disagree that she's wrong to criticize Bigby. She has his image with the townsp

• NO ONE! Hates Snow Whine. WE DESPISE HER!

• "Witches don't craft objects these days." Are you seriously forgetting that line. The tree only leads to confusion manipulation and corruption. At least one fable died because the tree was used for corruption and allowing slavery.

How could she be right about burning the tree? Greenleaf can be arrested for harboring a fugitive, and the tree could be turned over to the

• Actually, I think I will retract my comment because I think you're right to some extent. I think due process is actually unnecessary because I'm pretty sure the Fabletown charter specifies that all magical artifacts have to be turned over to the government and assigned to specific people who are entrusted to know how to use them against the Adversary.

But if the tree could be put to use by the government, then it should have been confiscated and not burned.

"Witches don't craft objects these days." Are you seriously forgetting that line. The tree only leads to confusion manipulation and corruption. At least one fable died because the tree was used for corruption and allowing slavery.

• How can you hate snow white she a good person she cares about able she get carried away because of what she went threw, she was on a murder case and she was scared she made mistake but she said she will do better and I hope Bigby and Snow gets together and get married or something.

• edited July 2014

I agree COMPLETELY with both your post and the OP's. I love the OP's rant. I found it hilarious and true. I tried to like her, I really did. I don't hate her, but man, she can really annoy the crap out of me. When she told Bigby that "that can't happen again" after he turned during the BM/Tweedle fight at the Pudding and Pie, I wanted to tear her a new one.

I just want to say one thing, to the person who implies that it's sexist to find Snow bossy and obnoxious. What is wrong with finding a female character annoying? I find Bluebeard annoying, I find Toad annoying sometimes (seriously, that guy never listens), I think Beast is obnoxious and whiny. I still love the game and enjoy the interactions, regardless. I just don't like some of these characters' attitudes, Snow included.

As a woman, I find it a bit condescending when someone implies that it's sexist or wrong to find a woman "bossy" or abrasive. Women don't need to be coddled. We don't need people constantly jumping up with charges of sexism. I can handle it that people don't like some female characters. I want to hear their opinions before they're snuffed out by the sexism card. Where are the allegations of sexism towards the people who don't like male characters? I don't think it's fair to the OP to assume he's got some anti-female authority figure (sexist) opinions. It's a straw man, presumptuous, quite frankly, insulting argument. Not liking a black character does not make one a racist. Not liking a gay character does not make one homophobic. Not liking a female character does not make one a sexist. It only becomes prejudiced when people don't like the character BECAUSE they're black, gay, female, etc.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I just wanted to make that point. There wasn't a thing sexist about the OP's comment. Nobody ever said Snow needed to be the "sympathetic servant". Until there's real evidence of sexism or prejudice based on her gender (which is a very real thing), I find it's best to not accuse people of it.

Edit: I changed a bit of my wording. I don't want to come off as harsh when I'm not trying to be. I just want to make the point that for some of us, it has nothing to do with Snow's gender.

Because she criticizes him for doing what's NECESSARY to survive a fight. She complains when he turns into a wolf in order to protect her, w

• I thought that was a pretty low moment for her. She clearly had a chip on her shoulder about that glamour that was made by Auntie Greenleaf. I totally get why she was upset, but I don't think she should have come with Bigby to Greenleaf's. It was too personal for her. She should have sat that one out.

I hated her in Episode 3. Telling me to burn Greenleaf's tree, hell no. Like everyone said, she wasn't doing it for the good of Fabletown, she was doing it so no one else has fantasies of fucking her. She seemed selfish at that point.

• I don't hate her, but she honestly gets on my fucking nerves some times. When I said "I'm not enforcing that" when she tells me to support her in sending all the unglamoured fables to the farm, Bigby said "that's not gonna happen" then she gets all bossy and shit "Yes, it will." I bet you wouldn't be so cool if I smacked you in the face, Snow.

• People are being a bit harsh on Snow, but I think most of the hate comes from just taking the things she does at face value. For example if you let Colin stay, it may seem like your supporting a friend, but really your just making a corrupt, short sighted and selfish decision. Toad even brings it up if you tell him he needs to go to the farm, and then Colin ventures out to get beer at the end of episode 5 possibly endangering Fabletown by being out in plain sight.

I would say the only mistake that Snow makes during all 5 episodes is clearly asking you to burn down Greenleaf's tree, it only takes a couple of seconds to realize that the decision is a personal one and making glamours is in fact not illegal as Bufkin mentioned earlier. I was glad that Greenleaf brought it up during the trial and Snow mentioned how it was a mistake, that was good writing by Telltale.

TLDR: OP is a hypocrite

• I disliked Snow White in this version of her, but looking at her past history (on google and wikis, because I don't read the comics), I understand why she is the way she is. I do find her annoying though, but at least she is a very strong character and a strong woman, unlike the other versions of her (in films, tv series and the original story of course). Maybe they can develop her character more in the next season?

• Couldnt agree more, she was nothing but a pain in the backside, probably the most bitchiest character in the game, it was a good thing she didnt have too much screen time in the finale.

• But it ISN'T necessary to kill dum in 'self defense' as you survive if you DON'T!

Because she criticizes him for doing what's NECESSARY to survive a fight. She complains when he turns into a wolf in order to protect her, w

• edited July 2014

They do say things like that,. hence why I say 'very major'.

I'm saying when there is a female deuteragonist or someone who is working with you, people tend to expect them to follow exactly what they say regardless of their position.

That's not really true. Holly tells Bigby to F-off so many times and there's times Beauty pleads with Bigby on what to do. They're female ch

• Professionally she is perfect..wait not perfect but pretty close.

Personally she takes advantage of the fact that Bigby cares for her thats why she is a bit more hard on him but thats fine she is snowwhite after all and it shouldn't be easy for bigby to get her.

• No she's not his boss in 102. She wasn't officiated until the very end of 105.

Flog61 posted: »

People seem to react this way every time a very major female character doesn't agree with them and act as their sympathetic servant. But

• She wasn't officiated until the end of 105, yet she controls Bigby like a puppy dog. It really pissed me off. I don't even know how Bigby still liked Snow after the "I'm not yours to lose"

Snow is the boss, what do you expect?

• edited July 2014

i like snow, yea she is pretty uptight but what can you do... Bigby still gets "rewarded" by Snow for his sheriff services so its all worth it in the end i guess:)

• But as deputy mayor, she essentially was.

She was in charge of fabletown after 102 regardless of whether it was technically official or not, and Bigby's job is never to take the law into his own hands but to listen to the people in positions above him.

No she's not his boss in 102. She wasn't officiated until the very end of 105.

• edited July 2014

'I'm not yours to lose' was true. It was to teach people that they aren't Snow's caretaker. She isn't Clementine in season 1, she can fend for herself and she is in a higher position than you are.

She wasn't officiated until the end of 105, yet she controls Bigby like a puppy dog. It really pissed me off. I don't even know how Bigby still liked Snow after the "I'm not yours to lose"

• For the first one:

Bigby can do what ever the fuck he wants. No one can stop him. He can break the rules. No one has the power to stop him. Snow treated him horribly. Bigby should've never left Europe. He wouldn't have to deal with any of this shit.

Not favoritism, This will be strictly between the government and the poor fables. Until you can land them better jobs and better incomes

• edited July 2014

The fact that you're thinking about her in terms of whether you'd date her or not shows that you're taking the wrong approach in judging these characters, in my opinion.

Not to mention restricting and never appreciating my work. I'd rather date Faith to be honest. :P

• Why is her being attractive relevant?

Does being beautiful make someone a good character?

Don't be so harsh on Snow. She is a great character who's beautiful and smart. She may have been unappreciative towards Bigby and power trip

• edited July 2014

Oh Snow had a bad past? Look at Bigby. He terrorized everyone back at the Homelands. He ate and killed so many people. Everyone fears him and no one trusts him. Yet Snow still treats him like shit, even back at the Homelands he FREED Snow after she still tried to kill him. He cares about Snow, but Snow doesn't care.

I like how in the Comics, Snow is completely different. I also like how you do things Snow's way, she'll like you. But i can only do things the way i do em.

Don't be so harsh on Snow. She is a great character who's beautiful and smart. She may have been unappreciative towards Bigby and power trip

• She isn't your boss until she is officiated at the end of 105.

Talk about an obnoxious, nosey, self-righteous, goody two shoed b*tch. Nosey? It's her job to be nosey. She's Bigby's boss. As fo

• When she said "Waiting for the Big Bad Wolf to solve all my problems." I paused the game. I had to.

Has she forgotten who Bigby is? How easily he could just murder everyone in Fable Town?

I don't hate her, but she honestly gets on my fucking nerves some times. When I said "I'm not enforcing that" when she tells me to support h

• Bigby Wolf can do whatever the fuck he wants. He could easily kill everyone in Fable Town and go back to Europe to live a happy life.

But as deputy mayor, she essentially was. She was in charge of fabletown after 102 regardless of whether it was technically official or n

• Have you forgotten Bigby SAVED Snow back at the Homelands, even after she tried to kill him with that sword?

She is his to lose. Bigby is the Sheriff and he protects every one in Fable Town. Everyone is his to lose.

Snow can't fend for herself. Imagine if Bigby wasn't there at the end of 103. She'd be dead.

No one is at a higher position than Bigby, as he could slaughter and rip Fable Town apart with ease.

'I'm not yours to lose' was true. It was to teach people that they aren't Snow's caretaker. She isn't Clementine in season 1, she can fend for herself and she is in a higher position than you are.

• It's just a compliment and my own opinion that Snow's beautiful. I wasn't implying that beauty is what makes her a good character. It's her coming of age in the story.

Why is her being attractive relevant? Does being beautiful make someone a good character?

• edited July 2014

Bigby can defend her physically, yes, but with words Snow is definitely capable of speaking up for and defending herself.

Saying 'Bigby is in the highest position in fable town because he could easily kill them' implies that Bigby wants to be some kind of military dictator.

I'm sure the head of MI6 in england could easily assassinate our Prime Minister. Does that make him at a higher position than our prime minister? Absolutely not.

Would snow be dead if he wasn't there? Bloody mary easily could have killed Snow if she wanted to, as sghe defeated bigby easily enough.

If Bigby had been necessary to protect snow at the end of episode 3, she would have died after he passed out. He clearly was not necessary for her to live, nor did he turn to simply protect snow. He turned because he was getting beaten by the tweedles.

Have you forgotten Bigby SAVED Snow back at the Homelands, even after she tried to kill him with that sword? She is his to lose. Bigby is

• Snow does care about Bigby. It's just going to take some time till she finally expresses her love to him.

Oh Snow had a bad past? Look at Bigby. He terrorized everyone back at the Homelands. He ate and killed so many people. Everyone fears him an

• Lots of people could kill a great number of people.

I'm sure a soldier is more capable of killing than the president. Does that mean the soldier can do whatever he wants? Does that mean he's the boss of the president?

Bigby Wolf can do whatever the fuck he wants. He could easily kill everyone in Fable Town and go back to Europe to live a happy life.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.