Anyone else 'dislike' Snow White?

Comments

• edited July 2014

First, he couldn't (there are some Fables that stand a chance against him). Second, he agreed to be part of Fabletown, and all that comes with it, and breaking your oath is not something without consequences. Third, he can't give in to his bloodlust and then proceed to live a "happy life".

Bigby Wolf can do whatever the fuck he wants. He could easily kill everyone in Fable Town and go back to Europe to live a happy life.

• edited July 2014

Nah. She had a rough childhood, a failed marriage, and a lot of other crap happen to her. She's not perfect, but she's doing her best. In TWAU, she's in a position where she's suddenly an authority figure and she has to worry more about making good decisions than about being sweet. I don't always agree with her character, and my version of Bigby still made up his own mind about things, even if she may have been ticked off with his decisions (totally didn't burn the tree :p ). And, yes she did make me roll my eyes every now and then. But, I get her. She has to be tough in order to get things done.

It's interesting to me that so many people seemed to lose patience with her when she delivered the infamous "I'm not yours to lose" line. And she never quite redeemed herself after that in many players' eyes. To me, that line was like "ouch" but it didn't change my entire outlook on her or anything.

• No one is superior to Bigby.

Flog61 posted: »

Bigby can defend her physically, yes, but with words Snow is definitely capable of speaking up for and defending herself. Saying 'Bigby i

• No one can stand a chance against Bigby in Fable Town. It was more of a non canon story i want.

Poklok posted: »

First, he couldn't (there are some Fables that stand a chance against him). Second, he agreed to be part of Fabletown, and all that comes wi

• You compare a human soldier to Bigby. That's just hilarious and pathetic, man.

It's totally different with Bigby Wolf. I know he won't, it's just the fact that he could.

Lots of people could kill a great number of people. I'm sure a soldier is more capable of killing than the president. Does that mean the soldier can do whatever he wants? Does that mean he's the boss of the president?

• Have you read the comics? Your statement is simply not true.

No one can stand a chance against Bigby in Fable Town. It was more of a non canon story i want.

• He can't and he won't,he enjoyed the scent of Snow

Bigby Wolf can do whatever the fuck he wants. He could easily kill everyone in Fable Town and go back to Europe to live a happy life.

• edited July 2014

Yes i have. But at that timepoint in the game, no.

The only person who has a really good chance is Mr. North, really.

Others are:

Mr. Dark

Bigby's kids have potential but i don't see them fighting Bigby.

I can't think of others atm. I'll probably think of some later.

Have you read the comics? Your statement is simply not true.

• I know i said that he won't. But he can. It's a non canon thing that i want.

lin3756 posted: »

He can't and he won't,he enjoyed the scent of Snow

• edited July 2014

Goldilocks almost took out Bigby with a mundy shotgun and a campfire. He is not unbeatable.

Mr. North crushes his son. They fought seven times and North Wind won every time.

Frau Totenkinder being able to defeat Bigby is a pretty safe bet. Especially if she has some time to prepare. Other witches might stand a chance too.

Fully transformed Beast might, at the very least, give him some trouble.

Prince Charming is best fencer of all the Fables, way better then Brandish. He doesn't have magical blade, true, but even if he can't kill wolf, he can slow him down.

Boy Blue, equipped with Vorpal Blade and Witching Cloak, kills Bigby 9/10 times.

Not to mention that they have sleeping giants and dragon at the Farm. And if Bigby ever gets there (and, bloodlusted, he will) they will be woken up.

Bigby is strong. But if he goes against all of Fabletown, he will be put down.

Yes i have. But at that timepoint in the game, no. The only person who has a really good chance is Mr. North, really. Others are: M

• I'm not sure he can beat Frau Totenkinder,when she due with Mr. dark he even can't give a favor

I know i said that he won't. But he can. It's a non canon thing that i want.

• Yeah, hindsight is 20/20, I guess. Bigby is only on the brink of death, not quite there. It's not Bigby's fault that Dum's death was ultimately irrelevant. Let's just ignore that a living Dum could have still retrieved his weapon, that he and his brother had already shot Bigby multiple times and even threatened to shoot Snow White. That's not a situation where Bigby is going to mess around and would minimize risks. Of course, Bigby never would have allowed Snow to go with him to arrest Crane to begin with.

But it ISN'T necessary to kill dum in 'self defense' as you survive if you DON'T!

• Gotta say - could not stand Snow and thus had Bigby do everything possible against her wishes - like bringing the Crooked Man back dead!

• You forgot the writer ,little girlish wolf XD

• What? Snow was the only level headed rational thinker in the game (depending on how you played with Bigby.) All she wanted was what is best for Fabletown. Even if you disliked her personality, no one can "hate" her.

• She sends Toad and TJ back to the farm even though Bigby gave enough money for glamors - she's a major control freak and downright cruel for doing that.

• Doesn't matter.

Like bluebeard said unofficially isn't officially

• She still ranks above Bigby.

She isn't your boss until she is officiated at the end of 105.

• Do you even understand why? Toad broke the rules. He couldn't be trusted to stay in glamour.

RozzE posted: »

She sends Toad and TJ back to the farm even though Bigby gave enough money for glamors - she's a major control freak and downright cruel for doing that.

• edited July 2014

I think there are a lot of immature players here who don't like being questioned or told what to do.. it really boils down to that.

What? Snow was the only level headed rational thinker in the game (depending on how you played with Bigby.) All she wanted was what is best for Fabletown. Even if you disliked her personality, no one can "hate" her.

• Snow has had a really bad past, and she has a lot of trouble trusting others because of this. I don't want to spoil anything, but the more you get into the comics, the more you find out about her life in the Homelands, and a lot of it is pretty heartbreaking.

• Ughh, that Crossover storyline was so bad. I didn't even bother to read half of it to be honest, just skimmed through.

lin3756 posted: »

You forgot the writer ,little girlish wolf XD

• Sure she was within her rights to inform Crane. She was still wrong to do so. Bigby doesn't automatically rule anyone out as a suspect. Good policy dictates that she defer to law enforcement to decide who needs to know what in the course of an investigation. She's not the district attorney, for crying out loud.

Saying she was wrong to inform Crane is completely subjective. We're not talking about the United States government here. There aren't many (or really any) branches in the government. The leadership arguably deserves to know if there is a potential killer on the loose.

And seeing as how Crane ultimately was involved in this whole mess, I don't see how anyone could argue that it was a smart idea for her to inform him. Her stupidity ultimately put Nerissa's at tremendous risk, if the Crooked Man had put 2 and 2 together. If not for Snow, the fact that a head was found at the Woodlands never would have gotten out.

Sorry, but that's more than a little ridiculous. By that same logic, she shouldn't have told Bigby either. I mean, he could have been the murderer, right? Obviously she needed to tell someone though, and she felt the leadership (including Bigby) needed to know. You can't reasonably blame her for that.

As for killing Crooked Man, Snow had every right to insist that he be brought in alive if possible. Her problem is that she doesn't even acknowledge the possibility that Bigby sometimes has to resort to extreme measures in order to defend himself and Fabletown from imminent threats.

Does she really have to acknowledge it..?

She even had the gall to suggest at the Crooked Man's trial that she was going to discipline Bigby for killing Dum in self-defense.

She doesn't say anything about punishment for killing Dum, and she didn't imply it either. You're just speculating.

Sure she was within her rights to inform Crane. She was still wrong to do so. Bigby doesn't automatically rule anyone out as a suspect. Good

• Snow cares about Bigby, and the laws of Fabletown. Snow wants everyone to see Bigby the way she sees him, merciful. Bigby already proved that before the 1st issue.

Oh Snow had a bad past? Look at Bigby. He terrorized everyone back at the Homelands. He ate and killed so many people. Everyone fears him an

• edited July 2014

Dum was already clearly at Bigby's mercy at that point. Killing him was completely unnecessary. (And this is coming from someone who killed Dum)

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20, I guess. Bigby is only on the brink of death, not quite there. It's not Bigby's fault that Dum's death was ultimat

• You completely missed the point..

You compare a human soldier to Bigby. That's just hilarious and pathetic, man. It's totally different with Bigby Wolf. I know he won't, it's just the fact that he could.

• Yes the story is a mess, but they said the sweetest words so I gave it good reviews

"Hold me,Bigby." "I will,Snow,until the end of time." oh it's too provocative LOL

Ughh, that Crossover storyline was so bad. I didn't even bother to read half of it to be honest, just skimmed through.

• edited July 2014

So if you have the power to break rules that means you don't have to abide by them? That makes zero sense. I have the power to shop lift at the mall, but that doesn't mean I should just get away with doing it.

For the first one: Bigby can do what ever the fuck he wants. No one can stop him. He can break the rules. No one has the power to stop hi

• Or they don't like being told what to do by a woman. I hate to bring. the sexist card into it but I can't help but wonder.

Belan posted: »

I think there are a lot of immature players here who don't like being questioned or told what to do.. it really boils down to that.

• edited July 2014

Toad didn't have his glamour and Bigby told Snow that if he didn't have it the next time he saw him, they were going to the farm no questions asked. This is onToad, not Snow. I had sympathy for him when I gave him money but the fact that he is still being obstinate changed that.

RozzE posted: »

She sends Toad and TJ back to the farm even though Bigby gave enough money for glamors - she's a major control freak and downright cruel for doing that.

• Yeah, I've been trying to restrain myself from saying the same thing, but I do think that plays a part in it.

KCohere posted: »

Or they don't like being told what to do by a woman. I hate to bring. the sexist card into it but I can't help but wonder.

• I fail to understand how Snow, as his boss, shouldn't tell him what to do or criticize him when she thinks he's doing something that can have a negative effect on how they are doing their jobs. Obviously, she should give him some leeway to make his own decisions, but not total autonomy. He is still capable of making mistakes and as his boss, she's ultimately responsible for him. All in all, they have to work together and communicate with each other, not just do whatever they think is right. If that were the case, Bigby would have said nothing about her trying to burn the tree.

Sorry, but while she's technically his boss, she shouldn't directly tell him what to do. Do you think the president gives direct orders to U

• FayeKaneFayeKane Banned
    edited July 2014

Anyone else hate Snow White?

I am incapable of "hating" another person, only groups of people, like Microsoft. But bitchy, arrogant, demanding, presumptuous dismissive, emotionless women like Snow are why men call the rest of us "cunts." It only takes one of her to negate 10 like me.

• I get that she needed to neutralize Greenleaf's activities, that's why I think Bigby giving her that job was the best course.

LukaszB posted: »

Snow was right about burning the tree though, but her timing was bad. Snow's job does require fairness, but her past does tend to get the be

• The point being that she's not just some glorified secretary. In the abscence of King Cole, who is the one that should be there, she has been running things almost single handedly.

Like bluebeard said unofficially isn't officially

• edited July 2014

Because they'd understand my motives. As Toad did

You can't just assume that. And even if they did understand your motives at first, that is subject to change as you keep bending the rules to do whatever you want.

Crossing a few lines isn't bad. For example, The By the book behavior of the Jack Deal would be to refuse the deal and arrest him. But that'd result into an utter failure, So there's a need to cross the line. The Mass Effect universe has an elite group called "Spectres", They're some very well-picked skilled individuals that operate without any law restrictions. There has to be some over the line behaviors in order to please the community.

There can't be any order to government if rules are just bent at a whim in order to please a certain Fable or a certain group of Fables. For example, if they gave poor Fables free glamours, everyone would then want free glamours as well. The Fabletown government cannot possibly give everyone free glamours, so their act of giving poor Fables free glamours would be completely unfair. You would definitely make those poor Fables happy, but everyone else would be pissed.

She was working for the Crooked man because the government doesn't give a damn about the poor.

You're telling me it is okay to engage in criminal activity just because you are poor? Sorry, that doesn't seem like a valid excuse.

And then Snow wants them to suffer.

Who is "them"? Snow doesn't want anyone to suffer, she simply upholds the rules because she knows how important they are to the protection of Fabletown, as well as it's functioning.

warn the un-glamored fable that if they don't get the glamor within three days, They'll be sent to the farm. If they are incapable, See if the budget allows you to give them money to get glamor and give them the same 3 days warning. That's being tolerant, That's not doing whatever you want

Maybe it's being tolerant, but it is undeniably bending the rules and doing whatever you want. As I said above, you can't just give certain individuals special treatment. That isn't fair, and isn't how a strong functioning government works.

Bluebeard is one of the fables that came through the backdoor and you can't accuse him of anything because his wealth is protecting him.

What is that based on? If you read the comics, you'll find this isn't the case at all.

Snow doesn't really care

I don't know how you could have played this game and came away with the impression that Snow doesn't care.

Because they'd understand my motives. As Toad did. As I said, Crossing a few lines isn't bad. For example, The By the book behavior of the J

• Snow can't fend for herself. Imagine if Bigby wasn't there at the end of 103. She'd be dead.

Ironic. If Snow wouldn't have been there at the end of 103, Bigby would be dead.

Have you forgotten Bigby SAVED Snow back at the Homelands, even after she tried to kill him with that sword? She is his to lose. Bigby is

• In the sense of the law/leadership of Fabletown, that is 100% incorrect.

No one is superior to Bigby.

• No one is at a higher position than Bigby, as he could slaughter and rip Fable Town apart with ease.

"Wars do not make one great."

Have you forgotten Bigby SAVED Snow back at the Homelands, even after she tried to kill him with that sword? She is his to lose. Bigby is

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I honestly thought that Snow was right on everything she thought was best (besides the burning of Greenleaf's tree, you could clearly see that was a personal vendetta and not the Snow that thinks what's best for the town). I technically agreed with her on everything, but I didn't have the heart to send Colin, Toad and TJ away to the farm.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.