Anyone else 'dislike' Snow White?

Comments

• Leo8Skylar: This and your previous comment, when combined, are the wisest, most insightful thing I've read on this site. I urge you to speak out about politics IRL. The Democrats need someone to talk straight with the people, but all we do is hold spreadsheets up to PBS cameras and assume everyone will see the light and abandon Faux news.

Because they'd understand my motives. As Toad did. As I said, Crossing a few lines isn't bad. For example, The By the book behavior of the J

• Belan, people like WalkingDeadFan1911 lack the ability to see beyond what's right in front of them. Instead of compassionately helping other people, his kind beats them up to prove how powerful they are. They'll shoplift and think you're a sucker if you don't because it's a way to get free stuff. They can't grasp the concept of ethics and integrity that are so important to smart people.

Belan posted: »

So if you have the power to break rules that means you don't have to abide by them? That makes zero sense. I have the power to shop lift at the mall, but that doesn't mean I should just get away with doing it.

• Giving her a job is an ok alternative, forcefully but ok. I don't trust Greenleaf mainly due to playing multiple ways. Snow proves she was right, at a high cost. If she orders Bigby to burn the tree after Bigby kills the Crooked Man at the foundry she will be right.

KCohere posted: »

I get that she needed to neutralize Greenleaf's activities, that's why I think Bigby giving her that job was the best course.

• No, Flog, it's a perfectly legitimate metric. You can't tell other people what's important to them. There IS no "wrong" approach because it's an opinion, not a fact.

Flog61 posted: »

The fact that you're thinking about her in terms of whether you'd date her or not shows that you're taking the wrong approach in judging these characters, in my opinion.

• FayeKaneFayeKane Banned
    edited July 2014

Why is her being attractive relevant? Relevant to WHO, Flog? You ask, "Does being beautiful make someone a good character," but "good" is an arbitrary opinion. Your opinion doesn't get to be the "official" one. If you don't like guys to think you're sexy, fine. Maybe you're a lesbian, or an old lady. Those are perfectly good reasons. When I was locked up in a mental hospital, I knew a girl who was effectively a sex slave of a church employee from ages 8 to 16. If a guy even smiled at her, she'd go into a PTSD attack. That's also understandable and legitimate. But most of us do like being, for lack of a better term, "sex objects". When my sexiness is important to boys, it makes me feel good—happy. And that's not the "correct" opinion, either, because there can be no such thing as a correct opinion. You're very much like Snow: dismissive, presumptuous, judgmental. And cold. [Without meaning disrespect,] women like you are why guys call the rest of us "bitches" and "cunts."

Why is her being attractive relevant? Does being beautiful make someone a good character?

• "Is it actually a bad thing for her to have high morals? " What makes YOUR morals "higher" than someone else's?

Talk about an obnoxious, nosey, self-righteous, goody two shoed b*tch. Nosey? It's her job to be nosey. She's Bigby's boss. As fo

edited July 2014

"then she gets all bossy and shit and says 'Yes, it will.' I bet you wouldn't be so cool if I smacked you in the face, Snow." You don't want to hit her face, you want to ignore her orders. There's a huge and important difference—one that many men are blind to.

I don't hate her, but she honestly gets on my fucking nerves some times. When I said "I'm not enforcing that" when she tells me to support h

• Yes, she has a right to expect certain standards of Bigby. That doesn't mean she was right to do so. And she often wasn't. And I find it odd that you see nothing wrong with politicians' directly interfering with investigations by law enforcement. When Crane was in charge, he had no business participating in the interrogation of Dee, no business releasing Dee, and no business disposing of Lily's body. Do you want to defend that, too, because he was Bigby's "boss"? King Cole inappropriately stuck his nose in Bigby's business in the comics, too, and was generally wrong to do so.

I fail to understand how Snow, as his boss, shouldn't tell him what to do or criticize him when she thinks he's doing something that can hav

• "they don't like being questioned or told what to do." Belan, NOBODY likes being questioned and told what to do by an asshole, and it doesn't matter whether the asshole is male or female. The plumage don't enter into it.

I think there are a lot of immature players here who don't like being questioned or told what to do.. it really boils down to that.

• honestly I agree with a lot of people weather you dislike or like her everyone has an opinion :)

edited July 2014

[moved comment. You can't delete them,]

Toad didn't have his glamour and Bigby told Snow that if he didn't have it the next time he saw him, they were going to the farm no question

• Yes, agreed. And note that even after you give him money, he never does buy any glamour. He needs the farm. The pig is okay because he stays indoors, whereas the toad drives around in a car where all the mundies can see him

Do you even understand why? Toad broke the rules. He couldn't be trusted to stay in glamour.

• Sometimes she could be frustrating, but I think hate is pretty extreme. Half the time she criticises Bigby' behaviour is probably because she'll be the one hearing the angry complaints about it afterwards, and she has enough on her plate with people hating Crane and him treating her like shit. That queue you walk past a good few times wasn't there for ice cream, most of them were probably there with lots of issues she couldn't do much about. She also does acknowledge when she's stepped over the line - like when she shouts 'I'm not yours to lose' (bearing in mind learning that a person who looks exactly like you turning up beheaded is a pretty stressful experience). Or when she criticises Bigby for using his part-wolf form to beat down the Tweedles, she backs down when you and Collin point out Bigby had no choice.

I think the trouble is with her is that she wants to help people and change the system, but she isn't willing to directly oppose the system (like with sending the toads and Collin to the Farm). To be honest, she just feels like a realistic character, not entirely good and not entirely bad.

• edited July 2014

Relevent not to whom, but to whether a character is made good, in the opinion of the person I was replying to, if she is beautiful.

It's not my opinion, it's his.

I think she is beautiful too, but I wouldn't put that as a reason for her being a great character.

I was specifically asking why a character being attractive makes them better. I.e., asking why, if snow had been ugly in his opinion, why she would be less of a great character.

I'm a little confused about why you're saying these things....I never said that one opinion is correct or not?

I know there's nothing like a correct opinion. That's why I include 'in my opinion' in most of my posts in which I express a particular view.

Furthermore, I have no idea why you think I'm female. I am not.

FayeKane posted: »

Why is her being attractive relevant? Relevant to WHO, Flog? You ask, "Does being beautiful make someone a good character," but "good" is

• I very much agree with you :)

HeartOfGold posted: »

Sometimes she could be frustrating, but I think hate is pretty extreme. Half the time she criticises Bigby' behaviour is probably because sh

• edited July 2014

Similarly, my opinion is that their approach is wrong, and you can't tell me that my opinion is invalid either.

For me, I think judging a female character to be good or not can do some damage. My female friends who play video games agree that that attitude leads to unrealistically attractive women in games, which leads to wrong assumptions about real life and can cause them to feel shit about their appearance.

I'm just going by my personal opinion that I think this attitude can really damage some people.

In fact, that isn't an opinion, it's a fact: I have SEEN people badly affected by an attitude like that, hence in my opinion it is a really bad one to take. Thus, I expressed my disapproval, which I am perfectly allowed to voice.

No, Flog, it's a perfectly legitimate metric. You can't tell other people what's important to them. There IS no "wrong" approach because it's an opinion, not a fact.

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned

I agree. Telling me to make a decision, then question it.

• A knockout blow requires more concentration,more risk, less ability to focus on the threats behind him. Who knows how long the fight could go? Failure to completely incapacitate Dum puts everyone at greater risk that he could retrieve his weapon. In that situation (which was abit artificial in that Bigby probably never would have had his back on the others for so long), any increase in risk, no matter how small, is justifiably avoided if possible.

Dum was already clearly at Bigby's mercy at that point. Killing him was completely unnecessary. (And this is coming from someone who killed Dum)

• Each one of your points has been addressed very carefully before by me. You're just failing to see my picture of a fair society and are considering it, "Special Treatment".

Because they'd understand my motives. As Toad did You can't just assume that. And even if they did understand your motives at first,

• Thank you, I'm glad to see someone who understands. :)

I agree that politicians are out of touch with the people, But, There're some things that can't be revealed. You have to be honest to the people in your promise, But some of your methods must remain hidden. Don't ya think?

Leo8Skylar: This and your previous comment, when combined, are the wisest, most insightful thing I've read on this site. I urge you to speak

• She's youre boss. As far as a boss can go, not so bad.

• This isn't real life politics. This is a fictional world where Fairytale characters exist and their very tiny community is run by a minuscule government. It's hardly the same thing. It wasn't that long ago that they were running from a dictator that conquered worlds. They're trying to build a unique system that works for them under unusual circumstances, like trying to hide their entire community from the rest of the world. That's not something we have to deal with in real life so I cut them slack. Whatever Snow and Bigby agree is the right way to run things to protect their community, I can't argue with. They just have to agree between each other.

Yes, she has a right to expect certain standards of Bigby. That doesn't mean she was right to do so. And she often wasn't. And I find it odd

• If Snow hadn't been there, Bigby could have escaped with Crane before the fight even started. Having to protect her AND Crane limits his options.

Snow can't fend for herself. Imagine if Bigby wasn't there at the end of 103. She'd be dead. Ironic. If Snow wouldn't have been there at the end of 103, Bigby would be dead.

• However, You certainly don't understand others' motives to do so. The game has always cannoned that Bigby likes Snow, But If Snow remains as she's right now, I'd rather date Faith, She was more interesting to me than the current Snow. It was kinda of a joke as well.

Generalizing an opinion to be a fact isn't really the way to debate.

Similarly, my opinion is that their approach is wrong, and you can't tell me that my opinion is invalid either. For me, I think judging a

• edited July 2014

Has the game always cannoned that though? It's never stated. There's chemsitry, yes, but nothing specific.

I am stating that I have seen people really badly affected by an attitude like that and so I had a problem with the post. Nothing in that one statement is opinion: it's all fact.

However, You certainly don't understand others' motives to do so. The game has always cannoned that Bigby likes Snow, But If Snow remains as

• I think the whole point of this discussion was in fact arguing over whether the arrangement between Bigby and Snow was the right way to do things. And the point was also that they don't appear to have an agreement between the two of them about how to do things. And because this was political interference that impeded an ongoing investigation, I have been arguing that Snow's way of doing things was absolutely not the right way. And that it's out of character for both of them with respect to the comic book canon.

Fictional universes still function largely by real-world considerations.

This isn't real life politics. This is a fictional world where Fairytale characters exist and their very tiny community is run by a minuscul

• A couple of references like "I've already lost you once" and those kind of flirty comments.

Well, If you truly analyze everything i see, It's not damaging at all. However, Some people misinterpret my words. But, I don't think i should care about them. Don't ya think?

Has the game always cannoned that though? It's never stated. There's chemsitry, yes, but nothing specific. I am stating that I have seen

• I think we should care about everyone, but I'll agree to disagree on that.

Yeah thing is things like saying you were afraid of 'losing them' could easily apply to just close friends.

Unless you have more concrete evidence you can't really claim it to be 'canon', you can just say there are hints to a future relationship.

A couple of references like "I've already lost you once" and those kind of flirty comments. Well, If you truly analyze everything i see,

• I'm pretty sure that it's mentioned very early on in the game by Colin that Bigby has a thing for Snow. And to be consistent with the comic book canon Bigby would have to be pining for Snow during this time frame of the game. So it's perfectly legitimate for someone to suggest that they don't understand, for instance, why Bigby would be pining for Snow at this time.

So, analyzing it in light of comic book canon and Colin's comment, it's clearly legitimate to wonder what Bigby finds particularly attractive about Snow based on her behavior in this game.

I think we should care about everyone, but I'll agree to disagree on that. Yeah thing is things like saying you were afraid of 'losing th

• It's pretty obvious that it's being hinted. I don't really need evidence, It's felt.

I think we should care about everyone, but I'll agree to disagree on that. Yeah thing is things like saying you were afraid of 'losing th

• Yes, but a future relationship being hinted is not the same thing as bigby having feelings for her being canon.

He could develop romantic feelings for her much later on: remember they don't enter a relationship for about 20 years after the game.

It's pretty obvious that it's being hinted. I don't really need evidence, It's felt.

• The game takes place twenty years before the game, so he wouldn't have to be in love with her for it to fit in yet.

And colin was just teasing him or guessing, that doesn't mean Bigby had actual feelings yet.

I'm pretty sure that it's mentioned very early on in the game by Colin that Bigby has a thing for Snow. And to be consistent with the comic

• How hard would it have been for him to toss him across the street like he did to Dee? Dum was totally at his mercy, there were a number of things Bigby could have done instead of intentionally killing him.

A knockout blow requires more concentration,more risk, less ability to focus on the threats behind him. Who knows how long the fight could g

• edited July 2014

We don't know that he would have ran away.

It doesn't even matter though. Snow being there still saved his life.

If Snow hadn't been there, Bigby could have escaped with Crane before the fight even started. Having to protect her AND Crane limits his options.

• Shes a mega bitch, lol i never listened to her but i did burn down auntie greenleafs tree, not cause Snow told me to, I just wanted too, and after everyone asked why the fuck i did that i blamed it on Snow xD

• I see what you're trying to say, but it doesn't make any logical sense what so ever.

I've already addressed why your ideas regarding a fair society are not fair.

Each one of your points has been addressed very carefully before by me. You're just failing to see my picture of a fair society and are considering it, "Special Treatment".

• edited July 2014

She was being sarcastic..

Your ideas of a fair society contradict each other, and don't make any sense.

Thank you, I'm glad to see someone who understands. I agree that politicians are out of touch with the people, But, There're some things

• As much as you seem adamant that her way of doing things is wrong, I still don't agree that she is. We're just an impasse on that score.

I think the whole point of this discussion was in fact arguing over whether the arrangement between Bigby and Snow was the right way to do t

• Well, I don't really see the difference, That's what i meant. And therefore I've noted that I'd rather have feelings for faith instead.

Yes, but a future relationship being hinted is not the same thing as bigby having feelings for her being canon. He could develop romantic feelings for her much later on: remember they don't enter a relationship for about 20 years after the game.

• A full romantic relationship happens 20 years later. Bigby even tells Snow when he became attracted to her, back in the Homelands when he freed her. The first romantic moment was when Bigby freed Snow, the second was when Snow cut Bigby. Snow and Bigby's relationship has ups and downs from when they first met until their marriage.

Yes, but a future relationship being hinted is not the same thing as bigby having feelings for her being canon. He could develop romantic feelings for her much later on: remember they don't enter a relationship for about 20 years after the game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.