Forumlands I: INCONSISTENCIES ABOUND

Comments

• Then why do you keep voting for crazy stuff that no one else will? Because its funny?

supersagig posted: »

nothing :P

• [Don't tell Kyle]

[Blisterscope will go on the mission]

[Nixon should go on the mission]

[Cry a little]

[Sophie should help protect Liar's Berg]

[Anton should stay in Liar's Berg]

[The Shepard should help with the mission]

[Smiler should stay]

SO

MANY

CHOICES

[We're leaving.] I looked at the quote proper and prim man in the chair before me, seriously wondering why this guy was trusting us. Seri

• Good work.

[Don't tell Kyle]

[Bilsterscope will go on mission]

[Nixon will go]

[Cry a little]

[Sophie should go]

[Anton should go]

[The Shepard should go]

[Smile should stay]

[We're leaving.] I looked at the quote proper and prim man in the chair before me, seriously wondering why this guy was trusting us. Seri

• If this is a tv show, what would be the total runtime of episode 1 ? D:

Crips posted: »

I agree, but I think it's coming to an end (finally)

• edited April 2015

[Here we go.]

Jericho

I looked around at the group that had formed in the town square. Hammerlock was standing beside me, looking around at the crowd. Blisterscope was here, coddling his sniper rifle in his hands. Anton was beside him, fiddling with a black Torgue rifle in his hands. Not stealthy as we had been going normally, but okay. Sophie was walking up, seeming a bit shell shocked. Wonder how she was doing. After her, walked Bloodlust and R4-B0T. A metal clank followed R4's steps. He was mumbling something to Bloodlust currently, and I tried to overhear it but couldn't understand a word from the other jumbled conversations in our little group. The Shepard and Nixon walked up immediately after, and I nodded my head at our little group. Nixon smiled heartily, and The Shepard gave a overeager grin. He seemed a little bit too excited over himself.

I looked over the group that had joined us, and pulled out the rifle from my back, a Hyperion fire weapon. It felt a bit warm, which was surprising considering the quality of Hyperion weapons. I was just hoping my gun wouldn't melt on me...

I stood around the crowd, and grabbed their attention with a hand wave. "Okay guys! You know what we are all doing here, right? I mean, I told you all about it, and you are all here, so I guess you heard me. But, uh, that's besides the point. What is not besides the point, is that not all of us are the most badass people on Pandora. In fact, many of us are probably going to die pretty soon. So, that's why I left those losers back here in Liar's Berg! Let's go kill some motherf%#@ers and take their boat!" I yelled and held my gun into the air, which was responded to with many hoorahs and gleeful yelps.

"Woo!"

"Let's do it!"

"I'm ready!"

"Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoo!"

"Happy noises."

"I'm ready to kill some bandits!"

"Let's get off this ice hole!"

The remaining newfound Pandorans grabbed some weapons up, as a scowling Rick opened the gate for us and we began heading out.

And so the planet takes some more.

Kyle

The two round circles that had previously enroped the group that was heading out disappeared, as I brought the binoculars away from my eyes. They were leaving, as it appeared. I watched Rick sit back down in a foldable chair and pull a magazine out, flipping through. I had wished I could have gone. I tried to tell them I could make it. But Hammerlock insisted I stay here. Posh asshole. Think you can cage me inside Liar's Berg? Apparently I was the only one with medical knowledge or some bullshit like that. Who even needed treating here? Nobody! The Russian guy had an eyepatch, but Jesus Christ was he healing quick.

I looked at the gates one more time, then sat down on my own chair and fell asleep.

I woke with a start, just to hear a knock on the metal gate. A loud, loud knock. Was that the others? Finally back? I suddenly grinned widely, and put a hand over my forehead in order to see what was happening. I saw a Rick jump up from his nap, inadvertently throwing his magazine into a pile of snow. He grunted, then walked up to the lever.

I was a bit happy, to say the least. I'd finally get out of here. I was finally getting out of here. Ever since Hammerlock convinced some of us Pandorans that we were never going to fly up to Sanctuary, we got sent off to this prison. Hammerlock was a cool guy and all, but the bandits were even worse than they were on the mainland. And poor, poor Tao...Gauss was gone as well. It was just me and Rick now, it appeared. And R4, but he had left as well. Probably wouldn't come back.

I looked down at my watch, and blinked quickly. It was only 4:17 according to the watch. I had fallen asleep at what, 4:06? I was only asleep for ten minutes? But...but how would they have gotten back so fast?

The realization dawned on me as I raised a hand to Rick. "Don't open the gate!" I cried out, but he had already pulled the lever and the gate opened.

"IT'S ME AGAIN!"

Delsin walked through the doors, followed by an armada of bandits. I quickly jumped off the roof and on to the ground, nearly falling over, but keeping steady. I ran inside the medical base, and looked outside the window at the outside. Nikolai, Daniel and Zane stood behind me, Zane having come in just because he was bored. I peered outside the window, seeing Delsin walk up, along with two psychopaths in full suits of metal armor behind him. They carried large, broad, and sharp axes on their shoulders, and blue Mohawks shot off their heads. Daniel stepped up beside me. "They don't look like normal psychopaths to me." He said, fear showing in his eyes.

I looked over at him. "Yeah. We've seen those two walking around Delsin's base before. We call them maniacs."

The maniacs stepped forward, and Rick began limping away as fast as he could. "Help!" He yelled, waving two hands into the air, before one of the armoured maniacs knocked him on to his stomach. They placed a large, metal boot on his chest, and swung the axe down into his brain, splitting Rick's skull in half.

I covered a hand over my mouth in order to block any screams, as Daniel slowly backed away from the window. "They're going to kill all of us." He said, looking at me. Nikolai was staring him down, a twang of anger in the Russian's eye. "I'M COMING FOR THE REST OF YOU NOW!" Screamed Delsin through the town, as him and his little squad of dickheads began traversing throughout Liar's Berg. "We need to go." Nikolai said, and I quickly stepped past him towards the counter. I reached into the floor and grabbed a small hatch, pulling it up. "What's that?" Zane asked, walking over to me and looking inside.

I looked up to him and grabbed a flashlight from the counter. "Tunnel system. We're getting out of Liar's Berg." I said, then looked up at Zane's anxious face. "We can't leave Smiler, can we?" He said, and I looked outside. We had already lost Rick...sure, he was a cynical grump who never talked, but it's always a shame to see someone not crazy die. And Smiler was really leaning towards the side of "not crazy."

Nikolai and Daniel looked my way. "It is your call, comrade."

[Leave through the tunnels]

[Fight back]

• edited April 2015

Please ignore this reply.

[Here we go.] Jericho I looked around at the group that had formed in the town square. Hammerlock was standing beside me, looking arou

• [Fight back]

[Here we go.] Jericho I looked around at the group that had formed in the town square. Hammerlock was standing beside me, looking arou

• [Leave through the tunnels]

Awesone Chapter!

• edited April 2015

[Fight back]

Nikolai does not run! And Smiler shall not be left behind, alone and hatless, not while there's still Nikolai to do Nikolai stuff with the bandits!

• [Fight back]

• Sent you a new character, I'm sorry that his backstory is that long. :D

• [Fight back]

Until Smiler gets his hat back, I will not be satisfied.

• I'm thinking of adding a character, but I'm stuck on a name. Which sounds better, Daphne, or Belladonna( Bell for short )?

• For me , Belladonna

NinjaCat23 posted: »

I'm thinking of adding a character, but I'm stuck on a name. Which sounds better, Daphne, or Belladonna( Bell for short )?

• Daphne rolls off the tongue much easier.

I'm thinking of adding a character, but I'm stuck on a name. Which sounds better, Daphne, or Belladonna( Bell for short )?

• Daphne because Scooby Doo

• 3 hours...

...would be just a half of the episode

stevean2 posted: »

If this is a tv show, what would be the total runtime of episode 1 ?

• I'd say if it were a TV show, Episode 1 would be the first half of a season.

But I never really intended for it to be a TV show, if anything it would be like a book.

Crips posted: »

3 hours... ...would be just a half of the episode

• Alright, Daphne it is, then.

• Gah, this part was on my birthday and I didn't even get to vote for it. Oh well.

• edited April 2015

[Fight back.]

"We're staying here, and we're going to defend Liar's Berg." I told Nikolai, and Daniel looked at me in disgust. "What? What do you mean? You saw what he did to your crippled friend! His skull was split in half, alright?! I don't want to get my own skull split in half, and I imagine neither do you." He looked around the room, shifting eyes darting back to the other three. "Do you seriously mean you're not coming?" He said, then looked up at Nikolai, an angry look in his eyes. "Come on Nikolai, let's get out of here." Daniel said, storming towards the trap door. Before he could reach it, Nikolai stepped in front of him and placed his boot on the top of the entryway. "No."

"What?" Daniel sputtered, looking at the hulking Russian before him. "Nikolai does not work for wimpy man. Nikolai crush wimpy man normally." Daniel backed up, his legs bumping into the counter. "Okay, okay. I get it. Jeez man."

Nikolai stepped off of the trap door and watched as Daniel walked around the counter and over by me. I had stayed silent with Zane throughout the situation, thinking it best not to take sides at this point. I looked out the window, seeing the bandits beginning to walk past the medical office we were in. "Come on, let's go." I told the remaining citizens of Liar's Berg, as we shuffled out the back door and into the snow. The four of us looked past all the bandits and their frantic banter, straight into a window where a psychopath with a skull covering where his mask should be, carried a torch. "I FELL INTO A BURNING RING OF FIRE!" He screamed, before throwing the torch at his feet and setting himself and the floor aflame. Delsin watched it burn with glee, loading his fiery harpoon gun for his next victim.

We continued sneaking behind the buildings, hoping none of the bandits would wise up and check behind them. "Come on out and play! I only wanna play with you a little!" Delsin laughed, yelling this out as his armored guards reinforced his power. Me and our band of misfits clambered our way towards Hammerlock's house, myself walking up gate and opening it. "Come on. Let's go inside." The bandits were all on the other side of Liar's Berg, and currently unable to see us. How lucky, eh?

Wrong.

I came rushing inside Hammerlock's gate, only to come face to face with five psychos, all armed with axes. "Uh...hi?" I said, as the others filed in. "ARE YOU MY MOMMY?!" One of them said, then came rushing towards me. "Not like this!" Zane said, and Nikolai looked down at him. "We have name for you in Russia. It is called 'working-class.'" Nikolai pushed Zane towards the psychopaths, then watched as Daniel rounded the corner with one on his tail. The remaining two faced the large Russian, who simply cracked his knuckles. "Nikolai's fists will crush you like Russia crushed Germany." He slammed one into the snow, and the other one turned around and began to run away, Nikolai going after.

Myself, I was in a predicament all my own. I dodged past the psycho who came running after me, and ran into Hammerlock's house. "OOOOORREREIOO!" He belched, chasing me. I watched as Zane began running circles with the psychopath, as the one that Nikolai had slammed into began to get back up. I turned around just in time to see the lunatic after me swinging his axe straight for me. It flew into an old vase of Hammerlock's, and got lodged into the wall of his house. "WHY MUST IT BE SO TIGHT!" He exclaimed, attempting to pull his axe out. I saw my chance, and quickly took it. I tackled the psycho over, falling into a chair. The chair broke, and the psycho jumped up just as quickly as he had fallen. I got on my hands and knees, and the psycho kicked me in the head. "TAG! YOU'RE IT!" He cried with utmost happiness, then jumped over my body to attempt to grab his axe again. I looked at the broken chair, then touched my mouth to find a dab of blood. Oh, hell to the no.

I grabbed the leg of the broken chair, and got on my feet, looking towards the psycho. He pulled his axe out, and looked up at me. "NEW FRIEND?" He asked quietly, before I swung the chair leg into his face, sending him unconscious to the ground. I dropped the chair leg, and picked up his axe. "Nice." I smiled, spitting out a bit of blood on to the floor, then turned to face Zane and his newfound buddies. He came crashing through the window, and I got out of the way before his body hit me too. The two psychos jumped in, and one looked at me. I lobbed his head off with one well-timed axe swing, and the other pulled his own axe up. "NOT IN MY HOUSE!" He screamed, before slinging his own axe up towards me. I deflected it with my own, and the axe handle bumped back into him, and the psycho fell back through the window he had just jumped through. I ran outside, and brought my axe down on him, killing the bandit.

Behind me, Nikolai threw the body of one of the psychos to the floor, the other live one held in his hand. "WHERE'S HARVEY DENT?!" The survivor screamed, and Nikolai punched him. "First, Nikolai break spirit."

Nikolai looked at the bandit dead in the eyes, and whispered five words. "There is no meat bicycle."

The bandit pouted for a minute, and he seemed genuinely sad. D'aww. The psychopath is crying. "Really?" He asked, but Nikolai skipped on ahead. "Then Nikolai break body." He raised the bandit over his knee, then threw the bandits back into his knee, killing him instantly. Nikolai casually tossed the bandit's body to the floor, and brushed his hands together. Daniel came from around the corner, and looked down at the dead psychos. Behind him came a familiar face.

"Oh, hey Smiler." I said, smiling and waving at him. Smiler squinted, and also held a hand up in the air. We stepped inside, picking up Zane as I rushed to Hammerlock's roof. I pulled my binoculars out again, and zoomed in on the many bandits out there. Now, normally these binoculars would allow me to eavesdrop on their conversations, but Delsin was already loud enough to hear it without them. Nonetheless, I still listened in.

Delsin looked at his band of bandits, and began moving a hand in the air to get them to form up. "Alright! I'm gonna split us all up into groups! IS THAT CLEAR? I'm sure it is! Now, then, as for the groups. The psycho team is already taking out Hammerlock's house, and despite all the noise I heard over there earlier, I'm pretty sure they'd make that noise regardless."

"Now then, Team Cardboard Box!" Delsin yelled, pointing to three bandits in all black clothing, each holding pistols. "You three are going to be infiltrating Liar's Berg's Armory! Take all the weapons out there, and give them to US!" The three nodded, and began heading for the armory, which was just past our bridge. "Now! Team Firefly!" Delsin yelled, pointing to six pyros, each having a skull atop their head. "Start burning down buildings!"

"Team 1!" Delsin then yelled, pointing at his remaining twenty-two troops. "Go find the citizens of Liar's Berg and kill them!"

He then pointed at himself and his armored guards. "Team Awesome! We're going to be out searching for those bastards as well. Now, let's go teams!"

They began moving out, and I clambered back down to the bottom floor of Hammerlock's shitty house. "Okay guys, they've split up into groups."

"And?" Smiler asked.

"I think I've got a plan."

[Everyone should split up.]

[We should all attack Team Cardboard Box/Team Firefly/Team 1/Team Awesome first!]

• [We should all attack Team Cardboard Box]

This team is the smallest and they have arguably the most important task of taking the weapons, so it might be good to kill them first.

[Fight back.] "We're staying here, and we're going to defend Liar's Berg." I told Nikolai, and Daniel looked at me in disgust. "What? Wha

• [We should all attack Team Cardboard Box]

[Fight back.] "We're staying here, and we're going to defend Liar's Berg." I told Nikolai, and Daniel looked at me in disgust. "What? Wha

• [Everyone should split up.] SPLITING UP IS COOL

• [Everyone should split up.]

• edited April 2015

[We should all attack Team Cardboard Box/Team Firefly/Team 1/Team Awesome first!]

I like this option.

• edited June 2015

[Et tu, bandits?]

Jericho

"Highway to the..."

"Please be quiet."

Blisterscope squeaked his head around and looked straight at Sophie. "Do you think you can stop me?" He asked, cocking his head and likely grinning up under his mask. Sophie nodded, holding up a single finger. "Danger-" Blisterscope said, before a spark of green light flew from Sophie's finger and scorched the Kenny Rogers fanatic's hand. "Ow! Jeez, are you serious?!" Blisterscope shook his hand then held it to his face, a suddenly very visible black scar at his palm.

I turned to look at Sophie. "Was that necessary?" To which Sophie simply nodded. "Oh dear God it was." She continued walking on, and I watched Blisterscope try and adjust to his newfound burn. I looked away, then walked faster to catch up with Anton. "How's it going?" I asked, smiling as he looked up. He had been fiddling around with his rifle, and grinned at me, having somebody to talk to about it. "Oh, I'm doing much better now. Now that I got this baby." He rubbed his hand down the barrel of the gun, which I immediately found to be a bit creepy. "Torgue rifle. This fires bullets at two-thousand goddamn miles per hour. The bullets explode, and the best part? It's name is 'The Fister.'"

I looked down at the gun. "All the subtlety of an Andrew Clay stand-up."

"Yep."

I suddenly found my feet hitting a plank of wood, and I pulled my head up to see what we had just encountered.

Four shacks and a deck, all lined up around a campfire. Just out here by this lake, sat four empty houses. "Well then..." Sophie walked up to the houses, followed by Bloodlust and Hammerlock. "Search the houses. These are the sure signs of a bandit encampment." He ordered, the British accent in his voice showing. Bloodlust maneuvered his head around, still keeping his hood over him to where nobody could see his face. "Something is...wrong." He said, and I personally agreed. This was off. There was something in the air that just wasn't sitting very right in my stomach.

And then I saw it.

A glimmering, humanoid object, just standing on the roof of one of the buildings.

Well then, let's get this show on the road...

A voice echoed through my eardrums, and I grabbed at my ear as a sharp ringing pierced it. I winced, bending over and moving my hand by my ear. "Hericha? Herichaaa?" I heard, as something touched my arm.

"Jericho! Jericho! Are you okay?" I awoke from my sudden state of unease, then looked up at Blisterscope. "I...yeah. I'm fine now."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm sure."

Blisterscope helped me back up. I looked around, seeing Hammerlock and Sophie looking straight at me. The Brit seemed angry. Sophie seemed scared. The other five of us were nowhere to be found, and I looked around to see if the figure was still there. The roof now lay empty, devoid of any ghostlike figures.

When the doors slammed open, I was ready.

"Jericho!" Hammerlock yelled, a hole in the village door. On the other side stood Anton, "The Fister" still in his hand. "Holy shit!" He yelled, rushing out to see the smoking gun in my hand. From the other doors came Bloodlust, and then R4, Nixon, and The Shepard. "What the hell just happened?!" Nixon cried out, and The Shepard looked straight at me. "Don't worry! Something just startled Jericho is all! Isn't that right, Jericho?" Hammerlock smiled deviously, and I squinted my eyes at him. "Yes. Of course."

Hammerlock patted my back and I lowered my rifle. The Shepard walked up to Hammerlock, and frowned. "There were bandits inside. But...they're...dead...all of them."

A lovely silence permeated the area for mere seconds, until Hammerlock clapped his hands together and shook his head.

"Let us keep moving then. The game is afoot!" He spun around and began walking down the deck and into the snow once more, perfectly ready to dispose of the rest of Captain Flynt's merry band of psychopaths. I followed after him, Sophie catching up and taking quick steps beside of me. "Huh?" I asked, and Sophie looked up to the buildings then swallowed hard. "Did you see it too?"

It startled me, for sure. Sophie saw it? I'm not going crazy?

Then again, maybe we're both bonkers.

[What? The glimmering?]

[Ignore her.]

• [What? The glimmering?]

[Et tu, bandits?] Jericho "Highway to the..." "Please be quiet." Blisterscope squeaked his head around and looked straight at So

[Et tu, bandits?] Jericho "Highway to the..." "Please be quiet." Blisterscope squeaked his head around and looked straight at So

• edited June 2015

Hey guys, I guess it's time for me to sit down and talk for a second. I have good news and bad news. I'll go ahead and get the bad news out of the way.

I'm no longer going to update any of the stories on this forum. gasp

Yes, you did read that right. No more updating on this forum. However, I'm still going to update the stories.

"Wait, what?" You ask. Yes, yes, I know. It's confusing, no? I mean, I'm leaving the Telltale Community for something a little more accessible. I'm going to start moving these stories ok to Wattpad. And yeah, I know Wattpad is kind of the lowest of the low, and with good reason too what with all of the stories of questionable quality on the sight, but I don't really mind that much. It's just so much easier to write stories under it's format rather then in an interactive Telltale like text adventure with a much larger waiting time. So, yeah, I'm moving to Wattpad. Writing will still stay as a hobby, as I'm still able to easily balance it with many other aspects of my life currently.

Now, as exciting as that last paragraph was, here's something much more interesting. I have a few projects I'm announcing for the website. The Stand will return under the name of "Captain Trips," which I hope is good news to some of my other fans. Skyrim will be known under the subtitle "Fiery Ruins" and Borderlands "Run & Gun." The Walking Dead: Humane has been changed to not fit in with The Walking Dead world anymore, and will be known as simply "Humane." The World War 2 story I have, "60,000,000" will stay practically the same. I'm also going to take "Pet Sematary" and give to some more substance and take out a lot of the plot holes. It will be known as "Brain Damage." And finally, I'm adding a new series to the bundle called "The Normalities," which is an X-Files like series that is actually somewhat original? Whaaaattt? Meeee? Original?

In all seriousness however, I realize this seems like a little bit more than I can chew. However, honestly, I feel it's going to be much easier to update stories without having to give out choices and having to constantly shift story lines. I can also take this time to fix up some of the inconsistencies in my stories and sort of clean them up. (Although primarily Borderlands, as it has so many inconveniences it's not even funny.)

I do hope you guys can join me over on @VanillaPepsi on Wattpad, and keep giving me feedback on my stories. Very extra special thanks goes to @LiquidChicagoTed and @supersagig, as they have followed me through every one of my stories. Liquid, thank you for the great feedback on my stories, and thanks to sagig for being an overall positive guy. Thanks for the great times on this forum, guys. I'll still check in and read a few stories every so often, and I'm not sure too many people will really care that I'm gone. But thanks anyways for reading all of my stupid stories, and here's to hoping you keep on reading them. :D

Also @BlindSniper because this should probably go to Forum Games with the other fanfictions. Wait, but now the moderators are going to see my sappy post and my shitty writing! Son of a bitch!

• edited June 2015

It's been great spending time with you and your fic on the forums, Latte.

I'll never forget the day I met ya on the FOTD thread :P

I'll follow your stories, of course, so this isn't entirely goodbye. Anyways, keep on being awesome!

Alt text

Hey guys, I guess it's time for me to sit down and talk for a second. I have good news and bad news. I'll go ahead and get the bad news out

• edited June 2015

Aww, these are sad news, I always enjoyed reading your stories here. However, of course I will continue to follow them. While I'm not a very big fan of Wattpad, I've created an account a few minutes ago and already follow your Wattpad account. I will surely continue to read your stories and to give feedback! Though I hope to still see you around here from time to time :D

By the way, I have a two questions if you don't mind:

1. Wouldn't it be easier to continue writing them here? I mean, you have an established audience here and while me and many others will definitely follow you on Wattpad, I wonder if you perhaps could reach a larger audience if you continue writing them here, just without the choices this time.

2. Will the submitted characters from here somehow find their way into the story? Reason I ask is, while I will miss voting on the story, I will miss the ability to create characters for the story even more. This feature always made me deeply immersed in the stories and the characters and it was the thing I always loved the most about these interactive stories. For example, I absolutely loved all the characters in Forumlands and the Stand and was also looking forward for my characters in 60,000,000 and especially in Skyrim a lot. Is there any chance that the characters from here will continue to be featured in your stories or will there be a completely new cast of characters?

Anyways, thank you very much for the time and effort you have put in your stories here. While I will miss to read them on this forum, I am looking forward to read more of your stories in general. Also, the return of The Stand is amazing news!

Finally, I hope I am following the correct account on Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/VanillaPepsi

Hey guys, I guess it's time for me to sit down and talk for a second. I have good news and bad news. I'll go ahead and get the bad news out

• edited June 2015
    1. Yeah, I don't really much like Wattpad either, but the main reason I picked it is that it's just much easier to use. This form wasn't really made for stories, and I can sort the stories much better on Wattpad and edit them freely without having to make a big post about it. It's mainly to make my stories better and remove inconsistencies like Nixon suddenly gaining a robot arm and personality 180s. I'd like to keep my stories here, but mine don't really kick off with a bang/really well, and they tend to be put on the same scale as other fanfictions on this website. As shown, most fan fictions update frequently and faster than me. On Wattpad, they'll be judged like actual books, I hope. (I'm starting to doubt this however with the Justin Bieber love drama on the front page however)

2. I will be bringing all the already submitted characters into the stories, so don't worry about that! I will also miss the character submissions as I liked the different creativity across this forum. So, yeah, while previous character submissions will stay, the rest will be made by me.

Oh, and that is my Wattpad account! I didn't link it last night because I only had access to my phone and couldn't get my account link from the website. Thanks for the compliments as well and for following my stories! :D

Aww, these are sad news, I always enjoyed reading your stories here. However, of course I will continue to follow them. While I'm not a very

• Yeah, that makes sense. The forum has some downsides when it comes to writing stories. And some of your stories indeed never got the attention they deserved. Especially Humane comes to mind. Hopefully you'll gain a larger audience on Wattpad! I'm very excited that the already submitted characters will stay, that sounds awesome! I'm looking forward for all of it!

Also:

the Justin Bieber love drama on the front page

Alt text

* Yeah, I don't really much like Wattpad either, but the main reason I picked it is that it's just much easier to use. This form wasn't real

• Okay guys, I don't think that the whole Wattpad thing is working for most of you, so I was wondering if I could find a compromise...I can still update the stories here, and copy and paste new chapters from Wattpad into this thread, if you'd like. Of course, the Wattpad stories will be updated more frequently, but I was just wondering how this would work for you guys. :D

I guess this seems a bit wishy-washy, doesn't it? So many changes and BIG UPDATES when things just sort of go back to where they were previously, huh? I dunno. Right now Forumlands IS going through a huge rewrite (the general plot lines are the same, but things are made to make more sense, have better dialogue, better character motivations, ITS NOT FIRST-PERSON ANYMORE) and stuff like that. Sooo...if you're still interested in Forumlands, I guess, check out the start of the changes soon? Or just check'em out on my profile. Which ever.

• I'm fine with either, I got Wattpad to work :D

Okay guys, I don't think that the whole Wattpad thing is working for most of you, so I was wondering if I could find a compromise...I can st

• I think that would be for the better. I am struggling a bit with Wattpad, it's all very unfamiliar and I severely dislike it's layout on my PC. It works far better on my phone, but I prefer reading your stories on my PC. Perhaps I'll get used to it better, but I also think not all of your readers made the jump to Wattpad. Perhaps using both sites, with Wattpad as the primary site could help a lot.

That said, I have read the new first part of Forumlands and I enjoy it a lot. Actually wanted to comment on it today, so I guess I'll just use the opportunity to do it. As expected, it is very well-written and to my surprise I enjoyed the third-person view. While the original first part was awesome already, you made it a lot better now, even if I was a bit skeptical about the change of perspective at first. I'm also very excited for the changes you've announced in the dialogue and character motivations and all that stuff. However, I'm probably still the most hyped for Skyrim :D

Okay guys, I don't think that the whole Wattpad thing is working for most of you, so I was wondering if I could find a compromise...I can st

• edited July 2015

Okay, here goes. Forumlands, new and improved!

PART I: FROSTBITE

Huh? What the...who are you? Get out! Get out of my house! No stories! No...

Okay, maybe just one. I don't have any good ones for you, actually. Just these...wait a minute...ahhh, that's right, these idiots.

Okay, sit down, sit down. Relax. I can fix you a bowl of slag, ha hah! No, but seriously, if you want a drink fork over twenty bucks. That's what I thought.

Now then, as a good enemy of mine would say...

Let's get this show on the road.

Chapter 1: And So It Begins...

Bam!

Bam!

Bam!

The train rocked back and forth, and Jericho Steel peered out his window to see what appeared to be a very small, screaming, little man fly by my window. "Witness me!" He screamed, but fortunately became a greasy stain on the road after a piece of wreckage landed on his body. It was quite the description, and quite the entrance into the world of Pandora. Yes, a perfect description, as Jericho would soon learn.

He turned away from the window, watching the assorted passengers in the train car with him. One, a type of robotic, was looking at the man in front of him, who appeared a bit uncomfortable. Most likely because of the saw blades slowly whizzing out of the robots hands.

The second figure Jericho watched was a tall, blonde woman with blue tattoos down her arms and legs. Oddly enough, the tattoos were like nothing he had ever seen...not like ink...but they seemed to actually be...imprinted on her. Branded, perhaps. They weren't ink, however.

A man with spiky blonde hair walked up, a dumb smile on his face and his eye lined with mascara. "Um, hi, you're kind of hot. Actually, super hot."

She delivered a swift kick to his crotch, causing him to double over in pain, screaming about how he now had four balls instead of two, and then hitting the floor, in an unconscious position, still holding his crotch.

The next victim happened to be a black man who had his gloved hands inbetween his legs, his eyes - well, actually, eye, as evidenced by his metal eyepatch - taking glances back and forth across the room, his eye finally resting on the robot from before. A small child was approxaving it, with a smile on the kid's face. "You'd look pretty cool if I painted a skull on your face!"

The robot looked towards him, and in a monotone, perhaps cynical voice, replied with the simple but horrifying "You'd looked pretty cool as a charred corpse!"

The small boy began crying and walked into another door again, and the black man's eye shifted. His gaze was now trained on something headed towards me. Jericho Steel felt a hand on his shoulder and the seat next to him shift.

"Hello there!" A voice came from beside of Jericho, a man as was obvious. "I'm Blisterscope. Assassin, Vault Hunter. All that kind of stuff. Suuuuper cool, right? Anyways, just trying to start some conversation, but who are you?"

'Who was I?' Racked through Jericho's brain.

'Who was I?'

'Seriously?'

A guy wanted to know who the damned Jericho Steel was?

That generic Caucasian male with the shaved head, the orange leather armor, and the gun strapped across his back. Jeans, that were kind of nasty due to some monsterlike juices and all that. But yeah, why would anybody want to know who Jericho Steel was?

Well, he'd might as well tell him. The man sitting on the train seat, a hand on his shoulder was the thirty year old Jericho Steel. It was the most idiotic name his parents could have chosen. As he felt, at least.

"I'm Jericho."

He finally spat out to the man in the armor. A black mask with red eye holes covered the manMs entire face. It was more of a helmet, if anything, as it covered his entire head. Or, well, perhaps it was a mask. The mask lined down Blisterscope's neck as well, covering it until it reached his body where thick, metal armor covered the rest of his body. Slung on Blisterscope's back was a sniper rifle, red lines sifting through it. He tilted his head, and held a hand out. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Jericho."

Jericho gave the cold, metal steel of Blisterscope's armored hand a shake, and soon said to him "It's nice to meet you too?"

Blisterscope nodded, patting my back. "You seem like a real standup guy, Jericho. Listen, I gotta ask you something. It's about uh, a thing I'm doing." Jericho's ears perked up at this. He looked over at Blisterscope in a wild curiosity. "What's that?"

Blisterscope coughed into his arm, then looked back and forth. Finally, he lowered himself down to Jericho's ear, and held up a hand to cover sight from anybody who could read lips that were, oh, wait, nobody could see Blisterscope's goddamn lips because he was in a goddamn mask. The complete fruitlessness of this did not dawn on the assassin however, as he kept it there. "I know where to find a vault."

Now he had Jericho's attention. Jericho's eyes lit up, and he looked at Blisterscope. "A...a vault?" This time, he held up a hand which was actually useful this time around, and whispered. Blisterscope nodded. "I got a map off a dead Atlas employee. Led straight to a vault. I'm assuming the guy was about to tell his employers to get a raise, but too bad they're all dead now. So, maybe he tried to find the vault himself, but instead starved to death in the desert. Funny how that works, huh?"

Jericho frowned. "Yeah. Hilarious. Now, the vault? Where is it?"

Blisterscope held up a single finger. "Look, I was originally on this shithole of a planet for one reason, and one reason alone. That was to...complete an assassination contract. I realized that this contract was a bit too tough, however. That's where you come in. Help me with the contract, we split the treasure in the Vault fifty fifty."

Jericho scratched the back of his head in suspicion. This all...seemed a little too good to be true. "Why didn't you just open the Vault yourself? You wouldn't need the damn contract once you get all the crap in that Vault out."

Blisterscope shook his head and held a hand up, stammering a bit. Had Jericho caught him? "Listen, it's more complicated than that. This contract is...personal."

Jericho smirked. "So it's not a contract then? It's a vendetta."

"Personal matters."

"Heh, right."

Jericho's and Blisterscope's conversation was interrupted by the sudden strangevity of the man with the eyepatch. He was staring out the window, listening for something. "Uh, you okay man?" Blisterscope asked, and the man turned around. "Do any of you hear that?"

Jericho paused for a second, listening. He could hear something, in fact. Like, something falling. Something falling really damn fast.

The man with the eyepatch stepped back and pointed out the window, screaming. Jericho looked at what he pointed at, and realized that he was, frankly, screwed.

"Moonshot!" Eyepatch man screamed, the front train car exploding as the moonshot impacted.

Jericho was thrown forward, the train flipping and flying off the tracks, tumbling down the cliff into a snowy ravine. Jericho saw the dumb spiky-haired man go flying by, followed by the blonde woman. She still happened to accidentally kick the poor spiked-haircut in the face as they fell. Next flew by the homicidal robot, screaming something about death, and the man with the eyepatch followed by. Jericho watched a man in a cowboy hat hit the floor....or was that the roof?

This was when Jericho's day got a whole lot worse.

He went zooming straight towards a window, yelling "Noooooooo!" all the way down.

Jericho's feet went into the window, crashing through, and he prepared himself for a bloody and violent death. This was not the time for Jericho Steel, however. A hand grabbed the gun strapped to Jericho's back, the strap itself wrapping around his neck. Or, well, maybe it was.

He turned his head with bug eyes, pointing at his neck at Blisterscope, who had just "saved" his life.

"I got'cha covered!" Blisterscope yelled, trying to pull Jericho up, but it appeared that he should have spent more time trying to work on his muscles. "Yeah, I'm weak as hell, actually. But don't worry! I'll find another Vault buddy!"

The train car hit the ground, and
    Jericho Steel was slammed into unconsciousness.

"Another day another body. I'd better stuff this one in the furnace with the rest...sigh..."

A shrill voice pierced Jericho's ears, and he awoken, now eyeing a small robot with a wheel instead of legs, and one eye in the middle of it. "Oh! Jesus! You're alive! Wow, that's number 5 then! Or, well, seven, depending on how much money you have. But this is not the time for that! I suppose this is the time for introductions however! I'm CL4-TP! My friends call me Claptrap!"

Jericho rubbed his eyes. "Did you just say sigh?"

"If you know, they weren't dead!" Claptrap ignored Jericho's question, instead continuing his own story.

"Did you really actually just say the word, sigh? As in, like, sighing? Breathing out but annoyed? That kind of sigh?" Jericho questioned again, but Claptrap was still ignoring him.

"That'd be great had Handsome Jack not killed the entire assembly line!"

Jericho, realizing that the sigh business was completely useless, instead decided to complement the conversation. He was confused, for sure. "Handsome Jack? Who...who's Handsome Jack?"

Claptrap winced, seeming almost offended. "What?! You've never heard of Handsome Jack before?! Have you been living under a crystalisk? He's only the greatest Hyperion president that has ever lived! Some have compared him to the likes of Adolf Hitler!"

Jericho cocked an eyebrow, and stood up. "Okay...so, first off...this is my first visit to Pandora, so forgive me if I don't recognize the celebrities. Second off, being compared to Adolf Hitler does not sound like a good thing."

Claptrap simply hopped to this. "Of course it's a good thing! Adolf Hitler was a very brave man! He fought for his country, you know. If there's anybody I love, it's a patriot!"

Claptrap stopped talking for a split-second, as if he had finally understood the concept of peace, but instead turned around and rolled over to a frozen corpse in the snow. The poor soul's mouth hung wide open, his hand risen up in the air. Claptrap grabbed the corpse's arm hung in the air, and put a hand on the gun still gripped in its fingers. He ripped it off, sending a few fingers flying off the frozen carcass of a man. "Here's a gun! You are certainly going to be needing it!" He handed Jericho the pistol, a little trigger gun that looked like it couldn't kill a damn cat.

Jericho smiled, reaching to his back. "It's okay, I already have an SMG...what the hell?" Jericho fiddled with his hands, reaching around to his back. "Oh no no no no no...where's my gun?! Where's my damn gun?!" Jericho took his hands away from his back, staring in awe at the shit pistol that Claptrap held out. Jericho solemnly took the pistol, unenthusiastically awaiting what happening next.

"Alright, looks like we're off to my little place! I call it, 'Claptrap's Place!' Really creative, huh?"

"Yeah."

"Oh boy, you are going to love it! It's filled with the many cadavers and decaying remains of the people and robots Handsome Jack has killed! It's a lonely life, but it's my life! So I'm taking it!" Claptrap rolled off into the snow, waiting for Jericho to follow.

Jericho continued trekking after the robot, looking around for any bullymongs, as he had previously heard the massive four-armed creatures liked to dwell in these snowy areas.

"Y'now, you don't really seem to like this Handsome Jack guy as much as you'd like others to think." Jericho attempted to start conversation, also believing that Claptrap was hiding a little bit of internal memories in his hard drive. Claptrap continued wheeling along at a steady pace, but was responsive. "I mean, I don't suppose I like him, but I'm programmed to be happy and positive at all times!"

Jericho frowned at this proposition. "Well, can you try not to be happy and positive all the time? Like, download a virus from 'Free Cash dot net!' That should work."

"It's not that simple. The only way to stop me from being me, is for me to die. Now, don't get any ideas from that! I am you're only hope for safety! Plus, the only one of my kind!"

Jericho sighed, not saying the word but instead actually breathing out, as a normal person would do. He began to look around, seeing noting but snow and a...

Jericho's eyes rested on a orange light in the distance. The train car? He asked himself, shivering in the snow. If he found the train car he could get people, and more important, weapons.

"Hey, Claptrap, uh, I think I see the train car I just fell out of over there. I think I'm gonna go and check it out." Jericho called out to the robot, who responded accordingly.

Claptrap turned around, his arm grasping on to Jericho's leg. "No minion! You can not! There are bullymongs out there, and I don't need another dead minion!"

Dead?

Another?

Minion?!

Jericho looked at the robot, then back towards the fire.

Jericho scoffed and pried away from Claptrap, heading off into the snow towards the fire. "Are you serious, minion? That fire likely means they are all burning to death, y'now! You're still going? Ugh, fine! I'll just follow along to make sure you don't get killed!" Jericho continued away from Claptrap, who continued to whir after him through the snow. It was silent for a brief moment, the only sounds being Jericho's boots trudging through the snow and Claptrap's wheel turning. "Minion, this sucks."

Jericho looked back towards Claptrap, my feet still moving. He wasn't necessarily angry at the robot, just a little annoyed. "You c-can't even get c-cold." He sputtered, and Claptrap stopped for a moment, appearing to think about something. "That would be correct!" He pointed out, still buzzing after Jericho. Jericho shuddered once more, then turned his head only to go face first into a metal surface. "Ow, d-d-dammit." Jericho rubbed his head, and looked at the metal surface before him.

The train.

Or, well, a train car, to be precise.

Jericho began to walk around it, until he heard hysterical laughter behind me. Oh, Claptrap. He was doubled over, grabbing his...stomach area...and laughing ferociously. "Oh, when you hit the train car, hahaha! Oh, oh my God, uh, if, I was capable of tears I would be crying right now, hahahaha!"

Jericho left the laughing robot to his business, seriously considering trying out his newfound gun, but instead proceeded to attempt to open the side door. Unfortunately and quite strangely, it appeared to be jammed. Or Jericho was too weak to do it. "Yeah, it's totally jammed." Jericho muttered to himself.

He jumped up slightly and grabbed a hold of the top side of the train, pulling his self up, looking for the window that hd had fallen out of. Conveniently, there it was. Jericho crawled over to it, and looked down inside.

Jericho Steel was immediately greeted with the barrel of a gun and the man with the cowboy hat staring into his soul. The cowboy hat man had one eye closed, the other focused on blowing Jericho's brains out. His mouth was curved in a glasglow grin. "Hey, Smiley, h-hold the b-barrel, will y-ya?" Jericho asked nervously, holding up his hands, as the smiling cowboy's gun clicked, and his finger gripped the trigger. After getting thrown out of a train and dragged around by a robot that insisted on calling him minion, Jericho had never thought he'd get killed by the goddamn Joker.

Before his head was turned into a smashed watermelon, old smiler was pushed aside by a familiar mask. "Jericho! Come on, get inside, quick."

Blisterscope reached a hand out, and Jericho held up a finger, a signal for wait. "Let me just regain my footing. Ugh. I just kind of limped a mile through a bunch of snow with a really talkative robot. Just give me oonneeee second."

Jericho's regaining of footing was soon whisked away by the sound of a deafening roar. A yell was heard below him, from the now not laughing Claptrap. "Knuckledragger!" He cried out.

Knuckledragger? What the hell was a Knuckledragger? Jericho pondered, but was soon about to learn what the hell "a Knuckledragger" was.

Jericho turned to Claptrap's screaming self, and silently swore. He couldn't leave the poor little robot behind, no matter how annoying he happened to be.

"Curse this useless sense of morality!"

Jericho pulled his self to the edge of the train car, reaching down towards the currently freaking out Claptrap. "G-grab my h-hand!" Jericho yelled down towards him, and he looked up, beaming. "Minion! You saved me!" He did a small hop, grabbing Jericho's hand with his own, and Jericho slowly but surely pulled him up. Jericho finally pulled him up, pushing Claptrap into the train car. "O-okay, I-I'm coming d-down." The amateur Vault Hunter called out to the rest of the group in the train, until he was suddenly swept off of his feet by an unseen force.

A deafening roar.

A glimpse of white fur.

Vomit-inducing breath.

"Knuckledragger!" Jericho heard below him, and he turned around to face the figure now perched atop the train car.

A gigantic bullymong, staring down at Jericho, puffing out cold air from it's mouth.

The man screamed and made a mad dash for the train car, or, mad limp, and nearly tumbled in, but was unfortunately knocked off of the train car and into the snow below. Yes, this DID happen to be the absolute worst day of Jericho's life. Knuckledragger began smashing on the train car, apparently having thought to have killed Jericho. It was quite useful that bullymongs were not the brightest arrows in the circle of life.

Jericho pulled up on to the train once more, despite the immediate pain in his leg and, well, everywhere else on his body. Jericho happened to manage through the pain, pulling the shit pistol out and looking up at the massive Knuckledragger, who was not paying attention to him anymore. Jericho's gaze shifted towards what was directly under Knuckledragged, which was, of course, the broken window.

To Jericho's direct left was an unbroken window, which he could shoot out with the risk of alerting Knuckledragger. Or, he could hit somebody else.

Time to grow a pair of balls.

Jericho pulled out the pistol, pointing it at the window, then pulled the trigger. The glass exploded and shattered, and the man quickly crawled towards it, sliding in and falling on his back. "D-dammit."

He quickly sat up, his back creaking, and he looked around the train car, eyeing the survivors.

"Yay...my new friends..."

The first that showed up was the black man with the metal eyepatch. Then there was the woman from before, the one with the blonde hair just covering the side of her face, as well as the blue tattoos. After her was Joker Marston, and then Jericho's eyes found the love struck idiot, the violent robot and then Blisterscope. Of course, Claptrap was in the train also. "Glad you could make it." Blisterscope said, just before the train car began rocking again. "Stop with the condolences. We need to figure a way out of here." The man with the metal eyepatch replied, and walked off to one of the jammed doors, attempting to pry it open with a very strange looking tool. It appeared to be a blowtorch, extracting from his wrist and beginning work on the door.

"Is that even what condolences means?" The lovebird asked, scratching his head. "Actually, I'm not really sure what condolences means." He once again said, looking around the room. Soon, the robot piped up. "That is the correct use of condolences. Unfortunately for your incorrect use I must kill you with my sword." A blade suddenly flung out of his hand, and he slowly began walking towards old spiked-hair. "LL-X86 was programmed to kill."

Sign in to comment in this discussion.