It's ogre when our lord says it's ogre.

• edited June 2015

Our lord as in "Our lord Shrek".

Lord_EAA posted: »

Did someone summon me?

• papai46 posted: »

Our lord as in "Our lord Shrek".

• edited June 2015

Kerny's new story teaser she asked me to post it she might be doing a different story in the future

Alt text

Eyes glued on the road, arms rapped around our shoulders. It's snowing heavily. I can barely feel my face. I have ripped my ragged scarf around my mouth and nose in an attempt to keep them warm, but the smell of my own breath is becoming insufferable.

"Are we there yet?"

I look at my brother who is walking right in front of me. He does not reply. We are both tired and so sick of this shit. My boots dig deep in the snow with every step I make, turning walking into a chore. My backpack is heavy, causing my shoulders to really hurt after all this time walking. Abandoned cars, reked doors and windows everywhere and a broken payphone on the opossite side of the road. Maybe there will still be money in it... My bother turns and looks at me, nods to tell me to go look. I do so. I look around, the dark is spreding, my flashlight is becoming pretty useless. I desperatly need batteries... I reach the payphone. The wire is cut, or maybe pulled, I can't know, and thrown on the road, next to red car. It is broken, tilting to the left. I look around but I don't manage to find anything but a quorter. I am of course not happy with this, but it is still better than nothing.

I put it in my pocket and make a turn to find my brother. I see a silluette and start walking towards it thinking it could be him. But someone grabs my hand. Without thinking about it much I pull out my knife and try to stab whoever, or whatever is holding me. They pull my hand and cause me to fall before I can do anything to stop them.

I see a pair of boots in front of me. My brothers boots. He puts his finger in front of his lips in an attemp to tell me to hush. He has his light turned off, and he reaches at mine to turn it off as well. I get on my knees and lean against the car that is now next to me. I see my brother pull out his gun, and so do I. Being the older one, he makes the calls. More dark figures begin to apear as the snow slowly stops and everything becomes more visible. I've counted 10 people so far, 4 women, 5 men and a kid, a young girl around the age of 8. No way we can take all those people down, and even if we did, what would happen to the kid? Fear consumes me. Both of us hidding, hoping we won't be noticed, hoping that no one will come towards us. I see the wire pretty much next to me. My brother looks at me in question for a second, but he quickly understands what I have in my mind. I put my gun back in it's place and hold the wire with both my hands.

My bothers follows and puts his gun away as well before pulling out some rope. We see one of the women walking towards us. As soon as she gets next to the car I grab her with the wire from the neck trying to choke her. She proves stronger than I thought she looks. My brother gets on top of her to stop her from moving. I tighten the wire which ends with her choking after a minute or two. I take a better look at her face. She seemed to be around the age of 30. Her clothers are far too big for me, but I take her hat, shoe-laces, socks and bag. One of the men was heard after a few minutes, comming closer to us.

"Kate, where the fuck are you? We need to get going bef-"

He stops talking as he sees us behing the car. He lets out a yell before my brother pierces his Jaw with his knife.

"WHAT THE-"

One of the women has seen us. We run to the building closer to us. I take out my gun and start shooting at them, shooting a man right between the eyes as my brother is trying to kick the door down. I keep shooting at them, which led to me shooting a man on the knee and woman in the stomach.

My brother finaly kicks the door down and pulls me in, shutting the door behind him with force, telling me to bring anything heavy I can find. I struggle to push a couch towards the door. Must have taken a couple minutes but it felt way longer. People were trying to shove their knife in the door, the kid was crying and the two of us were on edge. I bring the couch on the door and my brother gets out of the way so I can put it into place. He helps me move it. This would buy us some time. We run upstairs not being able to do anything else. We find a bedroom with a lock and we get in the room.

But before we have time to do anything we hear a loud gunshot and the little girl yelling in terror. We both know it's a sniper. We hide underneath the windows, hoping that he can't get one of us. Another one is heard a few moments after. Bodies are droping here and there. We can do nothing but wait at this point. After a while the gunshots stop. I look at the mirror in the wall in front of me.

A red dot on it. He was looking for us. I looked at my brother, he had seen the red light as well. He looked at me and nodded me to run. The red dot was not on the mirror anymore, he was looking around. My brother took his bag off, made it slide on the floor towards my direction and crawled towards me. He took off my scarf, and wrapped his around my neck before hugging me.

"I love you kiddo."

I wish I was oblivious to what he was planning to do. But I wasn't. I knew he would try to play the hero. And I knew he wasn't going to take no as an answer. I held back tears as I hugged him, probably for the last time. I wore his backpack and prayed that the extra weight would slow me down. The snow was starting to thicken, so at least I wouldn't be as visible. I moved along the wall, crawling, in hope that he wouldn't see me, but the was nothing better I could do.

I reached the door, ran down as fast as I could and then walked out, hid behind the same car as before. The girl's body was right next to me, staring at me, with a blank stare, he brains blown out. It freaked me out more than anything I had ever seen before but I knew that I needed to get going as fast as I could. Once again, everything was pretty much invisible. I started walking towards where me and my brother were headed.

I heard him yell, probably trying to captivate the shooter's attention. And then... Bam. I heard glass breaking, and something heavy falling down, right behind me. I kept myself from looking but I wanted to break down in tears, even though I knew that it would lead me nowhere. I kept going, as close to the walls as possible, begging that I wouldn't be seen. I could see nothing, but I kept walking for as long as I could.

Night came along, and even with my light, I barely knew where I was going. I came across an old dinner soon after. The door was broken down, but it was better than nothing. I looked around in the kitchen to see if there was anything edible left. Couple of cans, but nothing much other than that. Fortunatly there was plenty of water, so I drank as much as I could and I filled up my supply. I closed the kitchen door and sat down on top of a bunch of old rags. I empited all three bags and started thinking about what I was going to keep. I took my brothers backpack, which was bigger than mine and put in all my clothes.

What followed was the food and the water we had. I had... Knife and gun on their holder. Lighter in my pocket. Reminded me of how my father was a smoker. I took the lighter in my hand and run my fingers on it, to feel the carving on it. It was a gift for when I graduated high school, but I quickly broke out of the nostalgia and kept going. I changed my batteries and put the rest inside an little plastic box. Next to it, I put a carton box filled with bullets, obviously for my gun. I tied the rope we had around my waste as a belt to save up some space in the bag and to make sure I always had it on me. Bangages in the bag, along with all the meds I could find and a needle and thread. I put all the money we had in my pocket.

Even after hell came, we still needed that shit to control us. Nail cliper, compass, soap, blanket, my notebook and pencil, rags, and of course, my trustworthy spork all stuffed in my bag. My multitool in my pocket. I find some gum coming from the lady's bag and I chew up a piece before putting the rest of it in my pocket.

I take all the clothes that lady and my bother carried and put them down, I stuff the two bags with the rest of the stuff, thinking it could help someone else. I lie down on the clothes and use some of them to cover myself and try to sleep, but the cold is too harsh and too much have happened. As I lie down I see a piece of paper and pick it up. It's the last picture me and my brother took together.

He was smiling. I couldn't stop my self from crying this time. I cry to myself for a few minutes but force myself to stop after a while because of the fear of being heard. I fold the picture and put it deep in my pocket. I finally manage to fall asleep with my eyes and head hurting from crying, hoping I will live through the remains of the night.

• Rapped around

:|

Markd4547 posted: »

Kerny's new story teaser she asked me to post it she might be doing a different story in the future Eyes glued on the road, arms rapp

Sign in to comment in this discussion.