Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Maybe he's talking about frame rate drops? People who attended Pax said that during the presentation (I think) there were lots of drops into the 10s, which is kinda surprising since E1 ran well on all the platforms I tried it on.
    No doubt it'll be fixed in the final version.

What do you mean "lag"?

• Aha I guessed right! But, damn you Life is Strange!!! Why must you come out the same day as the borderlands collection. :(

• I'm pretty sure the Debug is just for the developers and won't be released to the public.

I do no think i am permited to post link to this post,because is a another thread.If OzzyUK let me i will put it.

• edited March 2015

There is? I couldn't tell.

Yes I played the first 20 minutes of the leak...and I'm a horrible person for doing so

mmm there's extra dialogues from the final than the leaked.

• Lol it'll take you like 3 hours max to beat the episode most likely whereas you will have so much more time to play the Handsome Jack collection

Aha I guessed right! But, damn you Life is Strange!!! Why must you come out the same day as the borderlands collection.

• You want my advice? Play LiS E2 first, don't rush through the episode, make sure you look at everything, explore the hub areas, talk with all NPCs every chance you get, and take all the pictures.

After that, spend the rest of your time kicking some ass in Borderlands.

Aha I guessed right! But, damn you Life is Strange!!! Why must you come out the same day as the borderlands collection.

• edited March 2015

Yeah that's what I'm gonna do, since it will take forever download the Handsome collection.

MichaelBP posted: »

You want my advice? Play LiS E2 first, don't rush through the episode, make sure you look at everything, explore the hub areas, talk with al

• How large is the download size?

Yeah that's what I'm gonna do, since it will take forever download the Handsome collection.

• Not sure. I hope it's not too big because downloads take forever on Xbox

How large is the download size?

• Isn't it possible to download games that are avaiable to pre-order on the Xbox One? Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that I read that somewhere.

Not sure. I hope it's not too big because downloads take forever on Xbox

• They are. @JamesDalton1995 you should do that.

Isn't it possible to download games that are avaiable to pre-order on the Xbox One? Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that I read that somewhere.

• That's only if you plan on buying the digital version. I plan on getting the retail physical version.

They are. @JamesDalton1995 you should do that.

• OMG 24th MARCH! hype intensified

• O

That's only if you plan on buying the digital version. I plan on getting the retail physical version.

• Not too long to wait now!

Alt text

• edited March 2015

I love the dev's french accent!

TheShyGuy posted: »

15 minutes of gameplay from Episode 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOZ28h-iTfs

• My mistake, it was just an alternate choice that changed what Joyce will tell you on treating Chloe for breakfast.

Flog61 posted: »

Almost like they've actually been doing something in the 2 months since episode 1. Weird right?

• It is. The only way for anyone other than the devs to use it, is by hacking the game.

I'm pretty sure the Debug is just for the developers and won't be released to the public.

• I think D4 was supposed to have more episodes, but Microsoft just pulled the plug on the game. That's why it just popped up on the Xbox store, without much or any advertisement.

"Season 1" of D4 is finished. It honestly didn't feel complete though. I really hope Microsoft or whoever lets Swery make a Season 2 because the cliffhanger is just as bad as something like Shenmue...Which never saw the light of day again after 2.

• edited March 2015

looks at the floor I just cleaned

Alt text

Not too long to wait now!

• It was serious oversight to not delete Episode 2 content from public build. Still I can understand as just going to delete stuff is easy way accidentally to broke game on release.

Hopefully they'll make sure it doesn't happen with Season 2... if there is a Season 2. They did say ir depended on Season 1's sales, and tha

• Well I finally played it, but some of the word choice was cringing and the lip sync was really bad, other than that it was very interesting, and Ill probably check out ep 2

• Yes, it was. The devs probably weren't expecting anyone to just data mine their game. I wonder in what way deleting the files could have broken the game? Maybe it could've have had some fun glitches like the unpatched AC:Unity, where Max, Chloe, and all the other characters have no faces, giving us a really good look at their eyeballs and teeth.

Clord posted: »

It was serious oversight to not delete Episode 2 content from public build. Still I can understand as just going to delete stuff is easy way accidentally to broke game on release.

• lol I love Wayne's World. one of my favourite comedies.

looks at the floor I just cleaned

• Meh

Mat_Den96 posted: »

OMG 24th MARCH! hype intensified

• REMEMBER THE ILLUMINATI SYMBOL IN BATHROOM WHERE CHLOE DIED?

AHHH

joshua007 posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK2vVJNDnws

• I hope Max uses her power for gambling, atleast once.

• edited March 2015

Episode 2 Full Panel Everything What Was Mentioned

1. EDIT:If can the mods put the video instantly will be awesome thanks
  • Episode 2 Full Panel Everything What Was Mentioned * EDIT:If can the mods put the video instantly will be awesome thanks

• Fuck I should have bought the season pass when I could have. Don't have any money so I'm gonna have to end up watching a Let's Play of Ep2 till I get some money :/

• Any hints of when episode 2's trailer will be released?

• My heart kinda stopped ! For a moment I thought you were talking about an unreleased episode ! Damn you Time Rewind !

REMEMBER THE ILLUMINATI SYMBOL IN BATHROOM WHERE CHLOE DIED? AHHH

• Nope,but who cares we got ep2 release date.

Flog61 posted: »

Any hints of when episode 2's trailer will be released?

• That's a really good theory. One that I can easily see being true.

It makes you wonder what's going to happen with the storm then.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Judging by the teaser trailer for Episode 2, I predict that Max will have to deal with Chloe dying per episode, with each death getting more

• I like trailers :P

Nope,but who cares we got ep2 release date.

• Nothing new,only the graphic i've seen this screenshot a they say it never was seen before.BTW i am not gonna spoil you guys :PP

Soon.

• Here's an article from Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-18-publishers-wanted-life-is-stranges-main-character-to-be-a-guy-qtes-added

Despite being well received by critics and fans, episodic sci-fi adventure Life is Strange has faced criticism for the game's lip-syncing, which regularly fails to match up with what characters are saying.

It is a noticeable problem, one that sometimes shatters the game's skilfully-weaved spell. But developer Dontnod has said that there isn't much more it can do to improve the matter for subsequent chapters.

"To be completely honest we can't do much more for Life is Strange, season one," co-director Michel Koch told Eurogamer during an interview conducted at EGX Rezzed 2015. "We decided when we started the game that most of the budget should go towards the writing and voice actors - they were really what was important.

"We had to make some decisions and the way we have our character models doesn't allow us to do much more than we have. We know this is a weak point but I think that it still works. The first reaction is - ok, I see that - but most players in the end don't really care.

"Maybe season two."

But its a problem French developer Dontnod almost didn't have to worry about facing, because many publishers it pitched to turned the game down.

When talking to potential partners, some asked for heroine Max to be a boy instead. Others wanted the game's pacing broken up by action moments with quick-time events.

But, thankfully, Square Enix did not.

"Several publishers were interested in the game. But some wanted more action, some wanted us to add QTEs.

"Some wanted us to change the gender of Max, the main character. Square Enix was the only publisher that would allow us to let the game be released as it was."

More at the link.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.