The Walking Dead Interactive FanFiction: A New Life

Comments

• [Be strategic as Samantha suggested, and escape]

The choices keep getting harder and harder and I have absolutely no idea which one is better. In fact, I have a bad feeling for both. However, being strategic in general sounds better than just running into the place and shooting everything that moves. One main reason for me to choose this option is the shape Kat, Tom and Dom are in right now. While Kat and Tom can probably walk on their own, it will be problematic as soon as they have to run. Dom has to be carried for sure, which is especially problematic as he is one of the strongest members of the group and therefore probably also one of the heaviest. But regardless of that, neither of the three are in any shape to fight against Fredrik and need the help of others to escape from there. To give them time to escape and the others time to shoot the whole place up, they are going to need a distraction. And while I am concerned for Nick, especially since he is not in top form, he is also tough as nails. If anyone can distract Fredrik and his people and make it out of there alive again, it will be Nick. Aside from that, perhaps I misunderstood something here, but it sounded as if the first option (the everyone shoots everything-option) would mean that no one will stay with Katrina, Dom and Tom to help them escape. Have I understood this right?

Partition posted: »

Hey guys, I apologize for the lack of parts. This past week has definitely been the busiest week of the summer by far. I also apologize for

• Aside from that, perhaps I misunderstood something here, but it sounded as if the first option (the everyone shoots everything-option) would mean that no one will stay with Katrina, Dom and Tom to help them escape. Have I understood this right?

Hmm... perhaps I should have worded that better. In the everyone shoots everything option, the people who volunteered to help the injured will still help them, although they won't be able to help in the shooting.

[Be strategic as Samantha suggested, and escape] The choices keep getting harder and harder and I have absolutely no idea which one is be

• [Everyone run in together, arm yourselves and shoot the place down, and escape as Dylan suggested]

Hey guys, I apologize for the lack of parts. This past week has definitely been the busiest week of the summer by far. I also apologize for

• [Everyone run in together, arm yourselves and shoot the place down, and escape as Dylan suggested]

That one was a hard choice but UkilledKenny has a good point. Fredrik is probably prepared for another distraction and Nick is in no shape to survive this. But if the people from the group who volunteered for the shooting are supported by Nick and manage to surprise Fredrik, they have a good chance to kill him and his guards. This should also be safer for the rest of the group who focusses on helping the wounded to escape as it should draw more attention on the shooting group.

• Chapter 5: Part 8

March 10th, 2017. 11:32 P.M.

[Everyone run in together, arm yourselves and shoot the place down, and escape as Dylan suggested]

“I think… I think it’s best if we just shoot the place down… unfortunately it’s the only way…” I trailed off.

“Are you guys really going to go through with this?” Mina asked.

“We have to!” Dylan slammed his fist against the wall. “How else are we gonna get out of here?”

“Or you can just do your time here…” Mina shrugged.

“Our time?” Dylan questioned. “Is he gonna release us anytime soon?”

“No, he won’t release you… I mean, if you don’t wanna risk the lives of your friends, it might be best to just stay…” Mina suggested.

“No, Fredrik already hates us.” I pointed out. “It’d be worse for us to stay.”

“...You have a point. But what about your friends over there?” Mina pointed to Tom and Dom. Katrina seemed to be getting better.

“....... I don’t know. We’ll have to carry ‘em.” I shook my head.

“You guys, this isn’t a good idea.” Samantha tried to persuade us.

“Why not? This is a great idea!” Deryck clearly loved this plan.

“We can’t just full on kill everyone! I know there’s a way to avoid chaos…” Samantha got upset.

“Listen, Sam. There’s no other way, and with me, and all these other sharp shooters, we can pull this off! Right?” Deryck was getting a bit too excited.

“Are you looking forward to shooting and killing everyone?” Eric asked.

“Hell yeah! I have no respect for these people! Not after everything they’ve done!” Deryck pumped his fist in the air.

“You’re fucked up.” Eric shook his head.

“I’m fucked up for wanting to kill a ton of crazy psychotic assholes? What do YOU think we should do?” Deryck crossed his arms.

“I don’t know, I guess you have a point, I just hope you’re not like this to everyone… you did seem like a bit of a nutjob.” Eric shrugged.

“You don’t wanna get on my hit list now, do you?” Deryck asked.

“I’d prefer not…” Eric nodded.

“Thought so.” Deryck crossed his arms again. “So, when we doing this?”

“Probably tomorrow… to see if anyone is feeling any better than they are now.” Franklin replied. “We all have to be prepared, though. He we have to be prepared for whatever hell Fredrik is gonna put us through tomorrow.”

“I don’t know if I can take any of his shit anymore.” Eric stated.

“None of us do.” Franklin sighed. “But we have to get through it to make it outta here. Let’s just… get some sleep right now. We’ll make our move tomorrow.”

With that, everyone laid on the floor, since there was no where else to lay. It was pretty cramped, but we managed to get through it. That was the least of our problems, at least until tomorrow came. I fell asleep.

March 11th, 2017. 11:39 A.M.

“Hello? WAKE UP!” I was awoken by Fredrik’s loud voice. “Where’s my favorite group? Lots of work to do today!”

I stood up, to see everyone else slowly getting up as well.

“Come on!!! Where are you?!” Fredrik yelled.

Looks like we better get up fast. I didn’t want Fredrik to hate us even more. I got up to see everyone else awoken by Fredrik’s voice. After about fifteen to thirty seconds of everyone waking up, we walked out to the main area, the same area we worked on shelves for the entire day yesterday. Dom, Tom, and Katrina were still resting in the room. Luckily, Fredrik didn’t notice.

There was a shit ton of new wood and supplies, I guess that was collected by another group here. Fredrik turned his attention to us.

“Ten more shelves! Now! All of you!” Fredrik commanded, and walked away without even giving us a chance to fight back. Granted, it was probably for the best.

“Are you fucking KIDDING me?!” Eric blurted out. I can tell he was getting more pissed off by Fredrik every second.

“Just deal with it Eric, remember?” I tried to calm him down.

Eric shook his head and took some more wood for all of us, and we all began the hell of making shelves. However, the only thing that was in my head was our attack tonight. I guess we were doing all of this work for nothing, but it was better to just keep it cool and wait until our move.

“Alright, guys. Right after these shelves, I’m assuming we’re gonna have some more free time like we did last night. That’s when we make our move.” Franklin announced.

We all nodded, and resumed to the shelves. Eric came over to me. “You need some help with that, man?”

“Yeah, I guess. All of us need help with anything nowadays.” I sighed.

“I know.” Eric responded. “I wish we were all at my house right now, just having one of those monthly parties. Not this bullshit, where we barely escape death everyday.”

“Tell me about it.” I shook my head.

“I don’t even believe in fun anymore. I can only remember a few fun times ever since this shit happened, and that was all the way back at that fucking cabin. Everything was going so well, man. I miss Alex and Braxton… I wonder what they would be doing right now if they were still with us.” Eric muttered.

“Probably something good, and strong, and push through it. I know that’s what Alex would have done. He was a fighter, although he didn’t look like it. I’m still extremely grateful for what he did… killing Dexter for us. And I’m sure Braxton would have made this situation a lot less shitty. It seemed like everything was always fun with him around.” I sighed. “Not to mention, I guess he kind of got rid of Ashton with his indirect sacrifice.” Looking back on what happened was pretty sad. I didn’t think I’d miss them that much. I was for sure I was over it. But it just keeps coming back… and it stings.

“It’s a shame. And we can’t forget everyone else we’ve lost… it’s just with them around I actually felt safe. We had the perfect little group, we were set in that cabin. And then Ashley came, brought Dexter with her, and all of this shit happened. And I liked Ashley, but what she did to Dom was fucked up… now I’m starting to think that it would have been better off if we just didn’t let her enter.” Eric reminisced.

“I don’t even know anymore, man.” I slammed a piece of wood on the ground. “I hope that after we get out of here, we can be like that again. But with our current group. No one else.”

“Me too, man.” Eric patted me on the back. “Don’t worry, we’ll make it through this.”

“Yeah.” I half-smiled. “We will.”

March 11th, 2017. 9:12 P.M.

“You fuckers… you did it again. You proved me wrong…” Fredrik smiled. “Nice to see you have finally changed your ways. You’re all helping this place grow, and become safer. I know, shelves aren’t much, but once we expand, and we get your hard working asses outside to create a perimeter defense, we’ll be good… okay, get to bed now. Be up early tomorrow.” Fredrik walked away.

I looked around, and it seemed as if we were the only group out in the main area. Most other people were hidden or in rooms as well. I turned around to my group. “Now what?”

“Alright, we have to make our way to the supply room… you know where that is, right Mina?” Franklin asked.

“Yeah, you can just follow me.” Mina affirmed.

“You’re sure there were weapons in there, right?” Franklin asked me.

“Yeah, tons of them.” I smiled. “I just hope he didn’t add extra security or something.”

“I doubt that.” Mina interjected. “Fredrik acts like he doesn’t give a shit about that room. I don’t know why.”

“Alright, well what are we waiting for?” Dylan questioned. “Let’s go.”

“What about Dom, Tom, and Katrina?” Franklin asked.

“We’ll pick ‘em up when we get back here… we’ll make our way back to our room, pick them up, and then get the hell out of here.” Dylan told us. “Then, the outside guard will be our only problem.”

“Okay… follow me, guys.” Mina said as she tiptoed her way to the supply room, which wasn’t too far from where we were. We managed to reach the supply room silently, and as Mina said, no one was watching it. I guess Fredrik assumed no one would be ballsy enough to go in there.

Dylan placed his left hand on the door. “You guys ready? Right when we go in there, pick up the first weapon you can find, and run as fast as you can. Pick off any guards you can find. On three…”

We all gave him an affirming nod.

“One… two……. THREE!” Dylan pushed the door open, and we all ran inside. There were an ample amount of firearms, all loaded and ready to go. I picked up a sub-machine gun, it was pretty small, but it can do damage.

“Hey! What’s going on?!” One of the guards peeked their head into the room. “FREDRIK! GUYS! ASSISTANCE! THEY’RE ESCA-” The guard yelled, until he was shot in the head by Dylan.

“Come on, guys!” Franklin lead the way out of the supply room. There were guards everywhere all of a sudden.

Half of the group took cover behind one shelf, while the other half took cover behind a different shelf.

Samantha inched her way towards us, holding a pistol the wrong way. “I don’t want to do this! This isn’t right!”

“Stop fucking around and get over here!” Dan yelled at Samantha, trying to help her. A guard aimed his gun at her, and as about to pull the trigger, but Dan shot the guard and killed him before he can.

Samantha finally dove to us, safe and sound. “You just saved me life!”

“I know I did!” Dan said in a loud voice, since everything was pretty loud now. “We gotta move!”

Both Franklin and Dylan were behind the other shelf, so I guess Dan was leading us this time. Our group consisted of me, Dan, Samantha, Eric, Ryan, and Adam. “They’re distracted! Move up to the next shelf!”

We all moved up, but again, Samantha stayed behind.

“Come on, Samantha! Hurry up! They’re coming!” Dan urged her to cross. There was a guard coming behind Samantha.

“I… can’t!” Samantha yelled, too scared to run.

“Shit!” Dan ran back to Samantha’s aid, but was shot in the side in the process. “AHHH!”

Dan clenched his side, but fought through it and managed to get behind the shelf anyway. He shot the other guard in the head, once again, saving Samantha’s life. “Go! We’ll meet up with you!”

As much as I didn’t like leaving Dan behind with Samantha, we had to. The guards were closing in on us. I was certain Dan would be able to fend them off himself with Samantha.

Eric, Adam, Ryan, and I all progressed to another shelf. We were pretty far ahead now, and only a few guards had their attention on us.

“Shoot them!” I commanded. The four of us were all armed, and not afraid to shoot. We took out about four guards, before we advanced all the way back to our room.

“Alright, let’s help them in here!” We ran inside the room, and Katrina managed to get outside herself. Eric helped Tom outside, and Adam, Ryan and I all carried Dom outside. Eric shot the outside guard in the head.

“Alright guys, we’re done! We can get outta here right now!” Ryan pointed out.

“I know! We need to get everyone else, though! You guys stay out here!” I told them, and they obeyed.

“Good luck, man!” Eric wished me luck, along with Adam and Ryan. And so did Katrina and Tom.

I ran back inside, and took cover behind one of the new shelves we made today. I managed to get a good luck to what was going on, and I saw Dan and Samantha still behind the same shelf, still with guards on them. Then I looked to Franklin and Dylan’s group, where they had a lot more guards on them. Who should I go to first? Franklin and Dylan’s group had more people on them, but had more people in their group. Dan and Samantha didn’t have as much people, but they were only a duo. Both of them seemed like they needed help. I had to do something fast.

[Help Dan and Samantha] [Help Franklin and Dylan’s group]

• [Help Dan and Samantha]

Chapter 5: Part 8 March 10th, 2017. 11:32 P.M. [Everyone run in together, arm yourselves and shoot the place down, and escape as Dylan

Sam is obviously to scared to fight, and needs help quickly. Franklin and Dylan are more capable.

Chapter 5: Part 8 March 10th, 2017. 11:32 P.M. [Everyone run in together, arm yourselves and shoot the place down, and escape as Dylan

• Hm... so far this plan worked surprisingly well. I'm not entirely sure if they indeed managed to surprise Fredrik, but it becomes increasingly more likely. The way he acted around the group in this part made me believe that he seems to be convinced that his way of dealing with them finally caused them to get submissive. While I am glad that at least part of the group is safe already, I am afraid for those still inside of the community. Fredrik probably has some sort of dirty trick planned for such an occasion. Perhaps he will use Marino as a hostage, similar to what Ashton did, or he will attack the group in a surprising flank attack. One way or the other, I have the bad feeling that there will be some death in the group soon.

[Help Dan and Samantha]

This choice simply looks better to me. Aside from the fact that she is terrified about the situation, Samantha obviously has no idea how to handle a gun, so she is no help in this shooting. Dan is wounded and while it looks like he has some skill with guns, he is outnumbered and we don't know how bad his wound is. The other group however has people like Nick or Deryck who have a lot of skill with firearms and at least in Nick's case, experience when it comes to heavy firefights. They are hopefully able to survive for a little longer. Finally, it should take faster to save Dan and Samantha and it will give Tony at least one additional gunner to help Franklin's and Dylan's group. I just hope that the other group won't get completely annihilated now.

• Yeah, surprise attack!! Going well... Almost too well. The fact that they had no one watching their weapon stock makes me uneasy :/

[Help Dan and Samantha]

Just the ones which could use extra help. There's Franklin, Dylan, Deryck, Nick, Ashley and Santiago in the other group I think, so they should be OK... Should be

• [Help Franklin and Dylan’s group]

Samantha doesn't know what she's doing. Those two clearly need the most help.

• edited August 2015

Hey guys, I apologize once again for the long delay. Things have just been super busy with school starting in less than a week and all. Also, keep in mind that every time a week passes without a new part, I will always post an update like this to let you know what's going on. I always try to release a new part in less than a week, usually no more than 4 days, but now that school is starting again and all, it'll be a bit trickier to keep up with my schedule. However, that by no means stops me from continuing the story! I will try to get the new part out tomorrow, but I have a friend coming over tomorrow, and I don't know if he's staying over or not. If he isn't, I'll definitely get a part out. If he does, however, I promise a new part the day after. I hate going this long without posting new parts, as it feels like I'm slacking on the story and all of you guys. There are also other fanfictions that I have been interested in and have been asked to participate in and submit characters, and as much as I would love to, I just don't have the time yet. Once the first week of school starts and everything gets all sorted out, expect the normal 3-4 day schedule back up again, and full participation in other stories.

Thanks!

• Chapter 5: Part 9

March 11th, 2017. 9:23 P.M.

[Help Dan and Samantha]

I realized that Dan and Samantha definitely needed more help. I ran over to the closest shelf, and took cover. I realized there was no one near me, so I advanced to the second shelf. I was one shelf away from Dan and Samantha.

Samantha was crouched on the ground, with her hands covering her head. Dan noticed me approaching him. “Watch out, Tony! They’re gonna see you!”

I couldn’t hear him too well, due to the hectic nature of the area. Bullets were being fired everywhere every second, and most of the guards were just yelling. But I managed to make out what he said. A few guards shifted their attention towards me, and I dove to Dan and Samantha for more cover and backup.

“Shit, man! Are you alright? Did they shoot you?” Dan asked.

“No, I’m fine! We gotta get outta here!” I warned him.

“I know, I’m running out of bullets! I only got six shots left! And Samantha already fired all of her bullets!” Dan frantically explained.

I unloaded my pistol and checked how many bullets I had left. I counted fourteen bullets. Good enough, hopefully…

“Alright, I got fourteen. We just need to make a run for it and hope the rest can make it…” I trailed off.

I peeked my head out the opposite side of the shelf, where not many guards were. I shot and killed one of the few guards that saw me with one shot, and now I had thirteen bullets.

“FRANKLIN! ME, DAN AND SAMANTHA ARE MAKING A RUN FOR IT! MEET US OUTSIDE!” I yelled out, hoping they can hear us. Of course, this attracted a shit ton of guards.

“Run!” I ordered, and Samantha took off like the wind. I saw her make it all the way to the end while Dan used up the rest of his bullets covering her.

“Alright, I’m out… we’re gonna have to rely on you now, Tony…” Dan was breathing pretty heavy.

I peeked out extremely fast, making myself barely noticeable. There was still about twenty guards trying to get to us.

“Alright, Dan… we’re gonna have to make a run for it. The guards are coming, and we’re most likely gonna get shot…” I told him.

“I’m already shot! I can’t do this!” Dan said.

“Well we have to!” I exclaimed. Then I thought for a second. “Okay, we can do this… you run over there, and I’ll cover you with the rest of my bullets…”

“Are you sure? You’re gonna be here alone!” Dan reminded me.

“Yes, I’m sure! I’ll be fine, go!” I pointed towards the exit.

“... Good luck…” Dan bolted to the exit, clenching his side where he was shot. A decent amount of guards were about to shoot at him, but I managed to kill them before they can even pull the trigger. I missed a few shots, though, and wasted some bullets. I only had six bullets left.

I turned behind me, where a guard with not that great of an aim shot at me, but missed. I shot him in the head and killed him. Then, more guards started to come. I realized I was being surrounded behind the shelf.

“I’m gonna blow your head off, you piece-” A guard yelled, but suddenly stopped speaking. Another guard appeared in front of me, but was shot dead. I peered out the shelf, and saw Deryck aiming his AK-47 at the guards, killing a shit ton of them.

“Run! I got you!” Deryck shouted.

I sprinted to the exit as well, and I made it unscathed. I ran outside to see the same people as before, plus Samantha and Dan. It was still raining.

“You made it!” Dan exclaimed.

“Yes!” Samantha cheered.

“Yeah… but we can’t just stay out here. We need to help the rest of our group!” I reminded them.

“We don’t have any more weapons!” Adam told me. “Here, I have this small machine gun, but it doesn’t have much ammo left. And then we have your pistol.”

“Well, whether it’s a lot of ammo or not, we’re going back in there!” I told them.

“I can’t! I would, but I can’t! Shit!” Dan grunted.

“It’s fine, just stay safe out here.” I instructed.

“Adam and Ryan, come with me.” I motioned them to follow me as I stomped back inside.

I turned around in the safe area, and Adam and Ryan were behind me, Adam holding that little machine gun.

“I don’t have a weapon man!” Ryan told us.

I let out a deep breath, and tried to think of a possible plan. “Shit... just stay behind us… we’ll keep you safe… let’s go…”

Just as the three of us were about to head for Franklin’s group, a bunch of guards started running towards us.

Adam fired his machine gun aimlessly at them, and missed most of hit shots. However, he was able to kill two of the guards.

I fired all six of my remaining shots at them, and killed the rest of them. But now I had no ammo, and Adam didn’t have much left either. Not enough to get through a wall of guards, at least. There was no way we could go back and save them.

“Shit! We have to go back! Come on!” I ran outside, with Adam and Ryan following me.

“What happened?” Katrina asked.

“We have no ammo! We can’t do anything to help them…” I sighed nervously. “We just have to wait…”

“Come on! There has to be something we can do!” Tom shook his head.

“There isn’t… none of us are armed. If we run in there with no weapons, we’re dead. We just have to wait it out and hope they survive…” I trailed off.

All of us sat in a circle anxiously in the rain, hoping that the rest of our group will show up any minute.

About ten minutes passed, and still nothing.

“That’s it! We HAVE to do something!” Dan exclaimed.

“Like what?” I asked him.

“I don’t know, but we can’t do nothing!” Dan got up, ignoring his wound, and headed for the door.

“What the fuck are you doing, Dan? You’re gonna get yourself killed!” I warned him.

“I don’t care! I need to at least see what’s going on!” Dan began to say, but then a banging noise was able to be heard.

Dan stopped in his tracks, and we all listened carefully for the noise.

“Shhhh….” I placed my finger over my mouth, as I began to approach the location of the noise. As I got closer, I realized what it was. It was that chamber, where me, Adam, and Marino were locked in. Oh shit!

I ran over to the door, and quickly opened it, to see Marino, struggling to climb out. There was a bunch of dead bodies leaning against the wall, and he was barely balancing himself on them. I reacted quickly and pulled him out.

“Marino! Holy shit, you’re alive!” I exclaimed.

“I know, what the hell is going on?” Marino asked.

“We’re escaping… we opened fire on Fredrik and his community. The rest of our group is trapped in there, and we can’t help them…” I trailed off.

“My… my son? He’s IN THERE?!” Marino raised his voice.

“Yes! We’re trying to help but we can’t!” I responded.

“Why can’t you? You’re holding a gun!” Marino pointed out.

“No ammo...” I shook my head.

Marino then turned to Adam’s gun. “What about you?”

“I mean, there’s still some, but-” Adam began to answer, but Marino walked up and snatched the gun away.

“Stay here… good luck to you.” Marino marched inside of the building. I ran to follow him to see what was going on, and I saw him waltz towards the group, firing at every single guard he can find, with pin-point accuracy.

I saw him reach the group fast, still taking out a ton of guards. I saw him speak to the group, and then they began to follow him from shelf to shelf, Marino leading the way, taking out a ton of guards.

I saw Marino and the group reach the last shelf. “Come on, guys!” I called out to them.

As they made their way to me to freedom, Fredrik appeared. He had a lot of his men behind him. I took cover behind another shelf before the can spot me.

I peeked my head out to see what was happening…

“Wait up! Run. Santiago!” Marino yelled.

I saw Santiago sprint towards the exit and outside, as Marino killed every guard that set their sight on him.

“Alright, hold on!” He told the group, and then he ran into the open, ready to take out Fredrik and his guards.

Marino aimed his gun at Fredrik, and pulled the trigger to shoot. Click!

Marino stood there, shocked. He was sure there was more ammo. He wanted to kill Fredrik.

“Nice try.” Fredrik smiled, and shot Marino in the head, and he fell to the ground, dead.

Oh my God! And poor Santiago was outside and couldn’t see what was going on.

“You fuckers!” Deryck shouted, and my group all ran out to the exit, and most of them was picking off a ton of guards before they can shoot them. I stayed hidden as they ran past me, to the outside.

I stared at Marino’s body, and I almost shed a tear. I had grown close to Marino over the past week, and now, he had a bullet in his head. The guy was a hero. He led the rest of our group and even risked his life for them, and his son. He fought through all the pain of losing his family… but now was his time. Rest in peace…

“WAIT! Guards… hold your fire…” I heard Fredrik yell. What was going on?

I was about to run outside and check, but then I realized that might not have been the smartest idea. I was inside this building, alone. They didn’t know I was in here. Should I stay here and wait for everything to unfold? Should I go out there and intervene? Or should I sneak outside? My entire group was out there, but I didn’t know what Fredrik was doing. For some reason, he didn’t want to kill them… yet. What was he going to do? If I went out there, would he kill me? What should I do?

[Stay hidden inside] [Go outside and intervene] [Sneak outside and blend in with your group]

• Rest in peace, Marino :( That man died as a hero and I hope his sacrifice won't be in vain. Now all the group can do to honour him is to keep Santiago safe. While I am relieved that the rest of the group is still alive for now, I am afraid that there will be more deaths as long as Fredrik is around them.

[Go outside and intervene]

Fredrik certainly won't forgive this. They have killed a ton of his guards, they have fucked his place up and nearly escaped. Even worse, Fredrik always appeared to me as someone who ruled solely through fear. If more of his underlings, at least the ones who just serve him because he forced them to, learn about what happened to the group, they could try to escape as well, now that they see that Fredrik is not undefeatable. And aside from that, Fredrik certainly has a massive ego and this situation likely felt like a kick between the legs for him. Because of this, I am surprised that he hasn't ordered his guards to just kill them all outright. But that likely means that he has something even worse planned and because of this, Tony has to intervene somehow. I am sure that Fredrik won't kill him if this attempt at intervening fails, since he hasn't killed the rest of the group as well. I am just very afraid for what this asshole might plan for them.

Chapter 5: Part 9 March 11th, 2017. 9:23 P.M. [Help Dan and Samantha] I realized that Dan and Samantha definitely needed more help.

• [Sneak outside and blend in with your group]

Chapter 5: Part 9 March 11th, 2017. 9:23 P.M. [Help Dan and Samantha] I realized that Dan and Samantha definitely needed more help.

• [Go outside and intervene]

There's not coming back from what they've done. Tony needs to try and finish this if he wants any chance to escape.

Staying inside and hiding isn't going to help one bit. A large portion of his guards have been decimated in this fight with limited losses from the group, so may as well try to finish the job. I am also shocked that Fredrik appears to not want to kill them where they stand... Could have something much worse in mind...

I have a bad feeling for Fredrik. He hasn't killed the group, so that probably means that he has something worse planned for them. Hopefully Tony can kill him.

• ShaleReeveShaleReeve Banned
    edited August 2015

This seems cool! I'll submit some characters!

• Thanks!

ShaleReeve posted: »

This seems cool! I'll submit some characters!

• edited August 2015

Chapter 5: Part 10

March 11th, 2017. 9:46 P.M.

[Go outside and intervene]

No. I had to do something. My group was out there, and God knows what Fredrik was about to do.

I stepped outside, to see Fredrik and about ten of his men facing my group, who were lined up, and all were armed, including Fredrik now.

Fredrik clearly wasn’t looking to kill us for some reason. “Stop right there, asshole.”

Fredrik turned to me, and smiled. “Silly boy. Where did you come from? And look in front of you, there’s at least ten armed people in front of you, and you’re gonna threaten me?”

“If you do anything to my group, I’m gonna kill you.” I gave him an angry stare.

“You know, I can kill you right now. Look at all you’ve done! You must be a real degenerate if you think you’re getting anywhere right now.” Fredrik was angry as well. “Now get your ass in line.”

“And what if I don’t?” I asked him.

“You’ll just make everything worse for you and your friends. Line, now. Do you want to die?” Fredrik aimed his gun at me.

I reluctantly walked up and stood in line.

“Now. if ANY of you try to escape right now, you’re getting shot in the back of your head. Just look around. LOOK! What kind of monsters are you? Why did I think it was a good idea to bring you guys here? You have done nothing but RUIN this community! Such a good place for survival, but you guys just couldn’t listen. If you used your damn ears for once, maybe you wouldn’t have been motivated to commit such an act like this!” Fredrik ranted.

Franklin took a step forward from the line. “Listen. You wanna know why we did this? Look at what you did! You and your men killed many of our group! Hmmm, Steve? Marino? Little Gaston? Maybe even Dom here? And you expect us not to fight back?”

“That’s only because they asked for it! If you all would have stayed calm, maybe none of that shit would have happened!” Fredrik began to yell now.

“Well, maybe if you didn’t overwork us and force us to do it, we wouldn’t have protested against it!” Franklin got angry too.

Fredrik ignored Franklin, and turned to Mina. “Ah… you? You’re part of their gang now? Since when? You… you traitor!”

“You KILLED my best friend! And I was never loyal to you in the first place!” Mina yelled back at him.

“So… THAT’S how they got around so easily… you fucking helped them! I should kill you right now! But all of you deserve much… MUCH… worse... now here’s what’s gonna happened! You fucks are all gonna follow me back inside! And you’re gonna look at all if these bodies… the PEOPLE that ALL of you KILLED!” Fredrik raged.

“And THEN… I’m gonna take all of you… and I’m gonna make you wish that I killed you right now! Oh, I can’t wait! Now… get your ass in there now! And if you try to run off, I’m gonna fucking kill you! Pick that guy’s body up, all of you, in there! Now GO!” Fredrik screamed at the top of his lungs.

Fredrik and his men turned around to walk inside. Adam and Ryan picked up Dom’s body, and as we were about to follow him, Franklin stopped us. “No. Don’t even think about going in there.”

Fredrik and his men turned around, and stared at Franklin. “Excuse me, did you not hear what I just said?!”

“Oh, I did.” Franklin stepped up to Fredrik.

“Step the fuck away from me or you’re gonna get it ten times worse.” Fredrik said in a threatening tone.

Franklin turned around, and nodded. I had no idea what he was doing...

“Run! Get outta here! Go! GO! I won’t let you die!” Franklin yelled at us. We were shocked. But we obeyed.

I turned around to see that Fredrik didn’t react quick enough, and Franklin snatched the gun out of Fredrik’s hands, and shot him in the head.

“FREDRIK!” The guards yelled, they didn’t care about us escaping. They shifted their attention to Fredrik’s dead body, and I watched in horror as all ten of them, shot Franklin all over his body. I saw the guards kneel beside Fredrik, trying to shake him and wake him back up or something. Then, we got our of their sights.

“FRANKLIN!!!” Dylan was the first to scream and react. I saw him stop and start going back.

“No, Dylan! They’ll kill you!” I pulled Dylan back.

“I DON’T CARE!” Dylan aimed his assault rifle through the trees, and shot aimlessly. “You better fucking die!”

“Enough! Come on!” I pulled Dylan with the group.

“What the fuck happened?” Nick asked.

“They fucking killed Franklin! They… they fucking killed him!” Dylan stuttered.

Everyone else gasped and didn’t really know how to react to that.

“Shit! Come on guys! We just gotta get the fuck out of here, and then we’ll talk about it!” I reminded everyone.

We all tried to shake off what had just happened, and we all ran as fast as we can, away from that place.

March 12th, 2017. 10:14 A.M.

We made it to a tiny little store last night. It was pretty remote, and there was nothing else really near it. We decided to sleep there for the night, since it was a decent amount of distance away from Fredrik’s place. It was still raining pretty hard, and it was pretty dark out. We were all awake now, except for Dom...

“I still… I can’t believe it… he’s gone…” Dylan put his head on his forehead.

“He was our leader… he even said he’ll sacrifice himself for us...” Nick trailed off.

“Shit, guys… I don’t know if I can lead without him…” Dylan muttered.

“You have to, Dylan... “ I told him.

“I don’t think we need a leader at all… we can all be democratic…” Dylan replied.

“We’ll discuss this later…” Nick wanted us to stop. “Mina, thanks for your help… seriously…”

“No problem… thank YOU for helping me escape, too… I’m sorry for your losses…” Mina sighed.

“Hey… it’s the world we live in now…” I answered.

“I still don’t know if we did the right thing…” Samantha mumbled.

“Hey…” Deryck said. “He deserved it. Look at the damage he’s done. He killed a lot of our group. He’s injured a lot of us. Who knows if Dom will ever wake up again…”

“Thanks for that, Deryck…” Tom sighed as well. “He better wake up… no, I KNOW he will… if there’s anyone in this group that’ll be able to recover from something like this, it’s Dom…”

“I’m just glad you’re alright…” Katrina hugged Nick.

“Thanks for saving me, too…” Samantha told Dan.

“Hey, no problem…” Dan smiled.

Eric patted me on the back. “You did good, Tony… this group wouldn’t be the same at all without you.”

“Thanks Eric, but I don’t know about that…” I tried to resist a smile.

“Enough with that.” Adam grinned. “If there should be a new leader at all, it should be you.”

“Yeah, it should.” Most of the group sided with Adam.

“I guess… but I like the democratic idea, anyway…” I told everyone.

Ashley then looked at Dom’s body, laying on the ground. Dried blood all over his face. “I feel like such a bitch…”

“What you did wasn’t right!” Tom immediately got defensive.

“You don’t think I know that?” Ashley got snappy.

“Tell me about it, I feel like this is my fault…” Ryan shook his head.

“You didn’t do anything wrong, Ryan… I did…” Ashley sat down.

“It’s okay… just… you can’t keep blaming yourself for it. What happened, happened.” Ryan sat down next to her.

I saw Santiago sit in the corner all alone, just staring out the window. I decided to go and comfort him. I placed my hand on his shoulder. “You okay, Santiago?”

Santiago looked at me, and then out the window again. “I don’t know, Tony. I’ve lost everyone.”

“I know… I’m so sorry that you’re going through all of this… but there’s nothing we can do. Your dad saved all of us. He wanted me to tell you that he loved you…” I told him.

Santiago sniffed. “I know… I just wish… he could have made it, you know…”

“We all do… just remember we’re here for you… we’re all like a family…” I said.

“Yeah… thanks…” Santiago nodded. I decided it was best to leave him alone at the time, so I walked back to where I was before.

“Alright guys, well, we can’t stay here for that long… way to small… after the rain stops, we gotta move back somewhere else. Just… I have no idea where…” I trailed off.

“Franklin would have known…” Dylan muttered.

“I know…” I shook my head. “But I guess we can try to go back to Gericke’s, I don’t think it’s too far from here, but I don’t want to deal with anything related to Fredrik again. Or we can just try to find somewhere new… but I don’t wanna run into anything fucked up again…”

“Honestly, I don’t really care… I think you should decide, Tony…” Dylan told me. Most of the group seemed to agree.

“Man, I don’t know…” What a shitty day and night. I didn’t want to deal with deciding this bullshit again. But I had to, it was best for the group, the group that trusted me the most now…

[Try to find your way back to Gericke’s] [Try to look for somewhere completely new]

[END OF CHAPTER 5]

There it is, Chapter 5 is over! I know it was shorter than the rest, (except Chapter 1 of course, xD), but I didn’t want to drag on the story for the sake of a slightly longer chapter. Anyway, despite being a bit short, this was probably now, my favorite chapter to write. This is also the first time I am ending a chapter with a decision, to set up how Chapter 6 will play out.

Also, I start school in three days. And also, it’s my junior year that is starting, probably the hardest year to pass, with lots of work and SAT’s and all that. However, I’ll try my best to not let that get in the way too much of writing this story. However, it may just be a bit harder and very slightly longer to release new parts. Thanks for understanding!

As always, I have the usual questions. You don’t have to answer them, but it will greatly help if you do. Explanations also aren’t required, but again, it helps. Thanks guys!

Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter?

Who was your least favorite character(s) this chapter?

Was there any part of this chapter that particularly stood out?

What was your overall opinion on this chapter?

Was there anything you didn’t really like this chapter?

What would you like to see more of in future chapters?

Thanks for reading everyone! I can’t wait to begin writing Chapter 6!

• [Try to look for somewhere completely new]

Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter? Dylan.

Who was your least favorite character(s) this chapter? Frederick

Was there any part of this chapter that particularly stood out? Fredrick dying and Marino sacrifing himself.

What was your overall opinion on this chapter? Excellent.

Was there anything you didn’t really like this chapter? Nope.

What would you like to see more of in future chapters? I don´t know.

Chapter 5: Part 10 March 11th, 2017. 9:46 P.M. [Go outside and intervene] No. I had to do something. My group was out there, and Go

Great part as always! And I'll get back to you with the questions when I can.

Chapter 5: Part 10 March 11th, 2017. 9:46 P.M. [Go outside and intervene] No. I had to do something. My group was out there, and Go

• edited August 2015

[Try to look for somewhere completely new]

Let me get the vote out of the way so that I can come to the questions. I never had the feeling that Gericke's was supposed to be more than a temporary hideout and it's certainly not a long-term solution. Aside from that, Fredrik's guards might want revenge for this and they know where Gericke's is located, so going back to that place could be very dangerous.

That was a great chapter finale! I definitely did not expect that Fredrik would go down like that and I was sure he would be a pain in the ass for at least another chapter, up until the moment where Franklin killed him of course. I'm glad he is gone, he already killed enough people. Speaking of Franklin, that was one hell of a death for him. I have been a bit conflicted about his character, as I have seen him as a weak leader in some parts, for example his tolerance towards Jessie. But this scene proved that he was a great guy who genuinely cared for the group. I guess now that he is dead, Tony is going to replace him as the groups main leader and I can't say that this is a bad thing. He certainly has the willingness to do morally questionable things for the best of the group, something that Franklin often lacked.

Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter?

This question is probably the hardest to answer this time. For once, I have a hard time including Katrina in this list. While she had a scene of great badassery where she fought against Cole, there have been so many other characters who had even better scenes, so no bias-bonus for Kat this time. At the top of my list is Steve, who constantly grew on me during the past chapters up until the point where he just shot Cole in the head like this. He will be missed. Marino is similarly high on my list and the moment where he just waltzed through Fredrik's guards until he ran out of ammo was awesome. So, these two have been my favourites in this chapter. Among the living characters, Dan, Adam and Katrina did stuff that I found especially memorable in a positive way in this chapter and I'm especially fond of Adam now, after he distracted the guards to save Katrina's life.

That one is a lot easier. Fredrik and Cole, for obvious reasons. Fredrik was a goddamn monster, not unlike Ashton. However, unlike Ashton, he wasn't insane, which made him even worse. Ashton was able to be defeated relatively easy by his own arrogance and madness, but Fredrik was far more dangerous and took a lot of group members with him. And Cole certainly got a special spot on my hate list, for making fucking Jessie appear like a saint in comparison, for killing a child and especially for nearly killing Katrina. Out of the group members, my least favourite at the moment is Ashley. Cheating is never cool, but she somehow managed to make it even worse by selfishly endangering Ryan, as she hasn't even bothered to tell him about her relationship with Dom, although Ryan is probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer if he hasn't realized that Dom and Ashley were together. She is also majorly responsible for Dom's current condition and still had the guts to snap at Tom for calling her out on it.

You know you did everything right, when despite of the many great scenes in this chapter, my first impulse was to answer this question with 'No'. There have been just so many great scenes in this chapter that it felt like one highlight following the other. At least 3/4th of this chapter had been extremely memorable, so I'll try to name a few I found the most memorable. First was the part where Katrina broke Cole's hand, only to nearly die from a gunshot wound. This certainly kicked off the atmosphere for Chapter 5 pretty well. Next was Adam's supposed sacrifice to safe her life, followed by the totally unexpected deaths of Cole, Gaston and Steve, three characters whom I thought would stick around for longer. Then we had Marino's sacrifice, followed by Marino's second sacrifice where he mowed down a ton of Fredrik's guards. And finally, there was the scene where Franklin just killed Fredrik like that only to be killed by the guards in return. To be honest, there have been so many memorable scenes that none of them really sticked out. That, of course, sounds like a bad thing, but it is actually a very good thing.

As I said, this chapter had so many great scenes that the whole chapter felt like one great scene. I think this might be my favourite chapter so far, or at the very least it's tied with Chapter 3 as my favourite chapter.

Not at all. There has really been nothing I disliked. In the last chapter I disliked the way Jessie got away with many things up until the very end, but this time everyone treated Cole and Fredrik as the pieces of shit they were, so my only real criticism from the last chapter does no longer apply. It has truly been a great chapter.

Oh, I don't know. This chapter left no particular wishes for me, so... I just want more of everything, more of this story in general. I just can't get enough :D

By the way, can we ask for the alternative choices again? There are a few alternative outcomes I am very curious about.

• Thanks for the review, as always!

And of course, you're always welcome to ask about alternative outcomes :D

[Try to look for somewhere completely new] Let me get the vote out of the way so that I can come to the questions. I never had the feelin

• edited August 2015

Alright, I think my interest in a few of these alternative outcomes is pretty obvious :D

First there's the choice from the second part in this chapter, where Katrina's life was on the line and we chose to sneak out immdiately in search of medical supplies. What would have happend if we would have chosen to sneak out at night?

Second, what would have happened if they would have left her alone in the room, when given the choice to stay with her or leave?

Third, what would have happened if Tony would have allowed Nick to take the blame for stealing the medical supplies?

And what would have happened if Adam would have stayed behind in Fredrik's creepy prison pit instead of Marino?

Finally, what would have happened if the group would have followed Samantha's advice and would have acted strategic in their escape?

Thanks for the review, as always! And of course, you're always welcome to ask about alternative outcomes

• edited August 2015

If the group chose to sneak out at night, there wouldn't be as many guards around, thus, Adam sacrificing himself and being taken to the chamber would not have happened. The group would have made it in successfully, but however, Katrina would be in a lot worse condition. She would be unable to help herself for escaping time and would need extra assistance.

If the group left earlier and Katrina was left in the room, Katrina still would have been fine, but Cole would have been surprised that you were already outside, and he would think that they would have been ready to work before he arrived. Cole would be a little less asshole-ish, but the same things afterwards would happen. This was more of a minor choice.

If Tony allowed Nick to take the blame for stealing the supplies, since Fredrik was already pissed with Nick's past behavior, he would have killed Nick right on the spot. This would result in Tony not going to the chamber, however, Marino would still be in the chamber no matter what. Depending on when you decided to sneak out for medical supplies, there would be either only Marino alone in the chamber, or both Adam and Marino in the chamber. Without Tony's help in the chamber, they both would have died in the chamber, but during escape, they would be forced to leave whoever was in the chamber without ever knowing what happened to them, since Tony didn't know where it was, because he never went there.

If Adam would have stayed behind instead of Marino, Marino would have well, survived and escaped. He would be a little upset and pissed for leaving Adam, but he would get over it, and show concern for Adam. However, when the time came for escaping, Adam would have also managed to escape the chamber on his own, and would do the same thing Marino did, except for the sake of the group, and a little more cautious. Adam would have ended up dying, and Marino would have survived with Santiago for Chapter 6.

If the group would have followed Samantha's advice, it would have went surprisingly well. They would have constructed a big plan for where everyone should be at a certain time, and they would go through with the plan. This would have resulted in an extra part for the planning. However, it's not perfect. There is miscommunication, and Dylan would end up making a crucial mistake, leading to his death. The group would find out and rush out of the place, and escape without Dylan, and Franklin would be alive for Chapter 6.

Alright, I think my interest in a few of these alternative outcomes is pretty obvious First there's the choice from the second part in t

• Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter?

Overall, my favorite in this chapter was Marino, he had some good stuff to do. It is sad that he is dead and I am afraid for the consequences this has for Santiago. Out of the living characters, I have to give some credit to Katrina. She wasted no time to save Nicks life and managed to wound Cole and even if she was shot in the chest as a result, she survived and is already fit enough again to escape on her own. By comparison that makes her maybe the most badass character in the group because she is not a strong and buff dude like Franklin or Nick but just a small and slim girl who still manages to kick a lot of ass.

Fredrik and Cole were assholes and it is good that they are dead. Fredrik was even worse than Cole and the most dangerous antagonist the group ever had but I have the feeling that he was relatively harmless compared to what comes later in the story. It can only get worse and perhaps we all will miss Fredrik soon.

The part where Steve killed Cole got me by surprise, that was a very sad but also very surprising part. I also liked the last two parts a lot with Franklin and Marino sacrificing themselves for the group and Franklin killing Fredrik.

This chapter was awesome! The story gets better with every chapter and right now this is my favorite chapter. There have been so many great moments in this chapter and every part had a bit of a highlight in it.

No, nothing

I dont know, everything has been great. Just more of the story sounds good for me :)

By the way, I have a question about the alternative choices too. What would have happened if Tony would have helped Franklins group instead of Dan and Samantha?

Even though Fredrik is dead, it's best not to take any chances with the rest of them.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------Woah, that flew by! What a chapter and ending! The intensity was back in full force with this one, great stuff :) As for the questions...

Steve's moment really made his death painful, but he rose in my estimations. Not a fitting death for him. Katrina elevated herself to a new level of badass this episode too! Special mentions to Franklin and Dan, who for the most part remained cool, calm and collected. Dylan was the group's white mage this chapter XD

Of course, hated Fredrik with a passion. He killed almost a quarter of the group singlehandedly :/ Ashley was particularly uncool this chapter too. Also wish Tom would step out of his brother's shadow sometimes.

The shootout was the highlight of the chapter. Just a culmination of everything the group put up with and then some!

This is close, very close to chapter 3 in terms of epicness, but they've all been epic in their own way :D

See above :P

I know you have your own narrative for your story, but the deaths that have happened recently should feel significant. Franklin was the defacto leader of the group, so his death is HUGE. It's time for someone (Tony ;) ) to step up. Show how Santiago is truly affected by the loss of his family. Show how Dan, Dylan and Deryck react to the loss of an official and for some, a friend. Also, I'm anticipating fallout from Dom's beating.

Thanks for writing! ;)

P.S. I guess I can ask what would have happened if Tony stayed hidden inside whilst Fredrik held the group at gunpoint?

• Thanks for the review janitor!

If Tony would have helped Franklin's group instead, it would have taken longer to get everyone escorted to the safe area, and once you get outside, Eric would volunteer to help Tony save Dan and Samantha. This would result in Eric getting shot, but still alive. They would successfully get them safe, but Fredrik would capture everyone as a whole, therefore, the decision regarding whether Tony should stay hidden or intervene would not have came up at all.

janitor posted: »

Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter? Overall, my favorite in this chapter was Marino, he had some good stuff to do. It is sad

• Thanks for the review, and thank you for the criticism! I will definitely take note of that ;)

Also, if Tony stayed hidden inside, he would overhear everything that was going on, and the scene with Franklin would still happen. The guards would carry Fredrik's dead body inside, and Tony still hiding behind the shelf. Once the guards are gone, Tony would run outside to see Franklin's dead, motionless body laying on the ground. Tony would have a few words by himself, and then chase his group and escape with them.

[Try to look for somewhere completely new] Even though Fredrik is dead, it's best not to take any chances with the rest of them. -------

I enjoyed the chapter, I can't wait to see what happens next. I wish I had time to write a length review but sadly I have to keep it to these words. I've been loving the chapters and your writing is only getting better and better. This is now hands down my favorite story on the forums and I hope everything goes great with writing the next chapters.

• Thank you so much for the kind words KingOfWalkers! I appreciate it a lot :)

[Try to look for somewhere completely new] I enjoyed the chapter, I can't wait to see what happens next. I wish I had time to write a len

• I just realized how long it's been since a new part/chapter... I'm sorry about that. If you didn't know already, I started school again and I did not expect it to be this hectic, this fast. I've been getting an unusually large amount of work and I have barely had any free time to write or even come on here. However, since I am all settled in and used to everything and the new school year, I am glad to say that I can finally continue to write this story. Chapter 6 will begin either today or tomorrow. As always, thank you for your patience!

• I'm in the same boat :/

I just realized how long it's been since a new part/chapter... I'm sorry about that. If you didn't know already, I started school again and

• Chapter 6 will begin either today or tomorrow

Yeah, uh... about that... I'm really sorry. Things just keep coming up, and everything with school is just so crazy, I don't think I've ever been this busy with school. I feel really bad about being over a month since this story has been updated, and even to the point where it has been stressing me out. I really want to write of course, but unfortunately, school always comes first, for me at least. However, this time I can PROMISE you that Chapter 6 will return this week. I promise! I hope that everyone hasn't given up on this story yet, because I certainly haven't. Thanks!

• Dude, its fine. School sucks, I know that.

Chapter 6 will begin either today or tomorrow Yeah, uh... about that... I'm really sorry. Things just keep coming up, and everything

Sign in to comment in this discussion.