The Walking Dead Interactive FanFiction: A New Life

Comments

• Hey guys, another update. Unfortunately I have some really bad news. I might have to put this story on a hiatus for a while. While I just got my computer back, my cousins are now living with me because of family reasons. And when they're here, I won't be able to write because I'll have to be with them, along with my already busy schedule. I don't know how long they'll be here, they may leave tomorrow, or they may leave in weeks, or maybe even months. Trust me, this is a lot worse for me than you think. I absolutely love writing this story and I love being able to make people enjoy it. I'll try to be as active as I can, but I don't know if I can be on to vote on all of my stories and such.

So again, I'm extremely sorry for this. I really hate doing this, but I have to. I love my cousins and all, but I don't want them staying with us forever. Hopefully they're gone soon, and thank you for understanding.

• While I love reading this story, I know similar situations and I fully understand and support your decision! Family matters should always come first, so take all the time you need! I'm looking forward for new parts of the story, no matter how long the break will be :)

Partition posted: »

Hey guys, another update. Unfortunately I have some really bad news. I might have to put this story on a hiatus for a while. While I just go

• Thanks Liquid, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I'm able to read all of Game of Thrones. :)

While I love reading this story, I know similar situations and I fully understand and support your decision! Family matters should always co

• It´s okay.

Hey guys, another update. Unfortunately I have some really bad news. I might have to put this story on a hiatus for a while. While I just go

• Thanks Sagig :)

supersagig posted: »

It´s okay.

• I've had situations like this occur where I couldn't write for a long time. Take all the time you need! I'm eagerly awaiting the next part,

• Thank you KingOfWalkers :)

I've had situations like this occur where I couldn't write for a long time. Take all the time you need! I'm eagerly awaiting the next part,

• edited June 2015

Hey guys, I got some good news and bad news. Actually, mostly good news :D. Anyway, my cousin is no longer living in with us, he may come back, but he most likely won't. And, I just got out of school today! So now I can finally write this story again :). The slight bad news is that, well, since it's summer now, I'm going to be out quite a bit, with family and friends, so I don't know if I'll be able to get new parts out extremely consistently, but for the most part, I will be able to get out plenty of parts :D.

Thank you for your patience and understanding once again!

• These are great news! I'm glad that things sorted out for you and I'm very excited for this awesome story to continue :D

Hey guys, I got some good news and bad news. Actually, mostly good news . Anyway, my cousin is no longer living in with us, he may come back

• Summer is a great time of the year for fun with friends and family. Don't trap yourself inside writing a new chapter for us if you want to be with friends or family :)

Hey guys, I got some good news and bad news. Actually, mostly good news . Anyway, my cousin is no longer living in with us, he may come back

• Indeed it is. But don't worry, I enjoy writing this story just as much as I like going out with friends/family. I certainly appreciate the support though. :)

Summer is a great time of the year for fun with friends and family. Don't trap yourself inside writing a new chapter for us if you want to be with friends or family

• Chapter 4: Part 8

March 9th, 2017. 1:15 P.M.

[Pull Jessie to safety]

I couldn’t risk it. I had to pull him to safety, even though I hated his guts. I pulled Jessie back to safety, and threw him on the ground.

“Thought so.” Jessie snickered.

“Take his gun, Tony! He’s gonna shoot us!” Deryck warned me.

“I’m not gonna fucking shoot you.” Jessie said as he stuck the gun back into this pocket.

“I don’t trust you. Give it to me.” I demanded.

To my surprise, Jessie obeyed, and handed me his gun. That was a lot easier than I thought.

“Come on, let’s just get back to the road.” Deryck told us.

March 9th, 2017. 1:21 P.M.

The three of us reached the road, where there was nothing to be seen. No one from our group, nor walkers. “Shit, where are they?” I exclaimed.

“I don’t know…” Deryck trailed off.

“Stop panicking, I think I saw them run off into these woods.” Jessie pointed and the three of us entered the woods.

“I don’t hear anything.” Deryck pointed out.

“HELLO?!” A familiar voice called out. I identified it as Marino’s voice.

“HELLO?! MARINO??” I called out back to him, hoping he was able to hear me.

“TONY! OVER HERE!” His voice bellowed throughout the woods.

“Come on, I think he’s over here!” I lead Deryck and Jessie to where Marino’s voice was coming from.

The three of us scrambled in the woods trying to find Marino, and we found him, Gaston, Santiago, and Lucia in a more open area.

The scene wasn't good. Gaston was crying, Santiago was just walking back and forth whilst staring at the ground, and Lucia sat against a tree, half conscious. Marino rushed towards me as soon as he saw me.

“Tony! Please tell me you have a knife… or a dagger, or anything sharp with you… please!” Marino begged.

“What is it?” I asked. What was going on?

“DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING SHARP?!?!” Marino ignored my question.

“No, I don’t! What’s wrong?! What happened!??!” I frantically asked.

“Fuck!” Marino ran towards Lucia. “I fucking dropped her. I just couldn’t hold on. She couldn’t fight back because of her weak arm, and they got her… a walker bit her wrist. I need to cut it off!”

Shit. “Well, find a stick or something!” I suggested.

“You don’t think I tried? None of this shit will work!” Marino stomped his feet onto the ground.

“Chill the fuck out.” Jessie jumped in. “Clearly we can’t do anything. Just kill her before she comes back and kills us all!”

Marino charged towards Jessie and tackled him to the ground. “There is NO WAY in HELL that is going to happen! I will KILL you!” Marino grabbed Jessie’s neck by both of his hands.

“Ack…! Caah…..!” Jessie kicked Marino off of him. “What the fuck is your problem! Whether you like it or not, there’s no way we’re gonna save her now! This is about survival now! How many times do I have to fucking say it?”

“No…” Marino seemed to be calm and determined now. “Come on! We gotta find the others! Fast!” Marino picked up Lucia and began to run off. “Come on guys!”

“Marino, those walkers are still around! This isn’t the best idea! You need to be careful!” Deryck warned.

“I don’t care! I’m not letting my daughter die!” Marino kept running. We tried our best to keep up.

“HELLO?! ANYONE!!?!” I called out, hoping to hear anyone else.

“OVER HERE!! EVERYONE!!” Franklin’s voice echoed throughout the woods. Finally, something good happens.

“Over here guys!” Marino ran towards Franklin’s voice. But we ended up running into walkers. Lots of them.

“Dad! Watch out!” Santiago warned his father. Marino dodged the walker.

“They’re surrounding us!” Deryck pointed out the obvious.

“Follow me!” I cut through a narrow opening of the walkers, hoping that everyone else would make it through. I turned around to thankfully see that everyone had made it out alive. But there were still walkers everywhere.

“Dad…” Lucia coughed. “I don’t… feel good…….. I don’t wanna die…”

“It’s okay, baby… we’re gonna make it!” Marino told his daughter.

“How long ago was she bitten?” I asked.

“Don’t know exactly… I think… fifteen… twenty minutes ago…” Marino trailed off.

“Shit, we don’t have much time. We have to hurry!” I exclaimed as we kept running.

5 minutes later…

I was finally able to see some living human beings. “Franklin?!?! Is that you?!?” I called out.

“Tony!” Franklin shouted.

We finally met up outside of the woods, and it seemed like everyone was safe, to our relief. “Everyone’s alive?” I asked.

“Yeah, we are…” Franklin confirmed.

“Listen.” Marino butted in out of nowhere. “One of you guys have to have a knife or something… I gotta cut off Lucia’s arm… she was bitten.”

Some of the group gasped. “I don’t know…” Franklin trailed off.

“I got one.” Dylan interrupted. “Here, take it.” Dylan pulled out an average kitchen knife from his back pocket.

Marino took the knife. “Tony… can you come over here…”

I nodded and followed Marino away from everyone else, behind a couple of trees. “Thanks… I just… shit…”

“It’s okay man, as much as I’d advise you to take your time… you gotta hurry up…” I gazed at Lucia.

Lucia didn’t look good at all. I didn’t know how long it took for the infection to kill someone, but it wasn’t looking good for Lucia. Her skin was very pale and she was breathing pretty heavily, wheezing at some points. But thankfully it didn’t seem like she was completely out of energy.

“Alright Luce… just stay calm… I’m gonna save you…” Marino kneeled down beside Lucia and extended her arm out from the rest of her body.

Lucia slowly turned to Marino. “Dad….. wait…. I’m nervous…”

“Don’t worry honey, just close your eyes and it’ll be over with fast…” Marino clenched her arm.

“I don’t know if I’m gonna make it, dad…” Lucia continued to speak.

“Come on! We have to try!” Marino was getting upset.

“I’m just scared…” Lucia muttered. “Just do what you want, dad… I love you…”

Marino gazed up at me, then turned to Lucia, then back to me. “What am I going to do, Tony! What if it’s too late and I’m just putting her through more pain! No, I have to do it! Anything to save her! I don’t want to lose someone else! Oh God, help me, Tony!” He sobbed.

“Marino....” I began to say but was cut off.

“Please! I’m begging you!” Marino continued to sob.

I looked down at the clearly panicked and broken man. He didn’t know what to do. I didn’t really know either. But he wasn’t going to do anything without my input anytime soon, and we had to make a move right away.

[Kill Lucia] [Cut off Lucia’s arm] [Do nothing]

• [Cut off Lucia's arm]

we have to try, right?

great chapter, and glad to see this back.

Chapter 4: Part 8 March 9th, 2017. 1:15 P.M. [Pull Jessie to safety] I couldn’t risk it. I had to pull him to safety, even though I

• [Cut off Lucia’s arm] LUCIA NO

Awesome chapter!

Chapter 4: Part 8 March 9th, 2017. 1:15 P.M. [Pull Jessie to safety] I couldn’t risk it. I had to pull him to safety, even though I

• [Cut off Lucia’s arm]

• (Cut off Lucia's arm)

Man... They have to try, but it don't look good.

• It's great that this story is back :D

[Cut off Lucia’s arm]

As the others have said, they have to try it. If she still dies from the bite, they can still prevent her from reanimating, but it is worth a try. Unfortunately, while I hope that she survives, I have the feeling it's not looking good for her.

• [Cut off Lucia's arm]

Have to at least take a chance.

• [Cut off Lucia’s arm]

• [Cut off Lucia’s arm] Against my better judgment, let's cut off her arm. She'll probably be in a lot of pain and still die, but we can't give up now. It's been too long, I think ;_;

• edited June 2015

Chapter 4: Part 9

March 9th, 2017. 1:44 P.M.

[Cut off Lucia’s arm]

“You need to cut it off, Marino! We have to take the chance!” I encouraged Marino.

“But… are you sure?” Marino seemed unsure but desperate.

“Yes… if it doesn’t work… we can just… put her out of her misery…” I explained.

Marino looked at Lucia, who seemed to have been unable to know what was going on. Marino hovered the kitchen knife over Lucia’s arm, his arm shaking tremendously. He closed his eyes tightly and looked away, as he dug the knife into Lucia’s right arm.

This woke Lucia up. “AHHH!” She let out an agonizing scream.

“I’m sorry, baby! I’m saving you!” Marino yelled as he did the procedure as fast as he can.

“DAD!! AHHH!!! Ahhhhh….” Lucia trailed off and fell unconscious. The arm had been cut off, but Marino was unaware of this and kept slashing the knife back and forth into the dirt.

“Marino, it’s off!” I informed him. Marino opened his eyes and dropped the knife. He slowly turned his head towards the horrific scene. Blood was everywhere, and the arm was lying on the ground. Marino picked up the arm and then also lifted his daughter, all despite the disgust factor. He ran back to our group, and I followed along.

“Holy shit! You actually did it?!” Dylan ran up to Marino with a towel.

“Yes…” Marino said as he wrapped the towel around Lucia’s amputated arm.

“Dad?! What happened?! Is she going to be alright?” Santiago asked while covering his face with his hand.

“I don’t know son…” Marino was close to sobbing again. This caused Santiago to tear up and Gaston to cry.

“Come on guys, we gotta get out of here.” Franklin insisted. “Let’s just keep walking, I don’t think we’re too far from the town.”

“I’ll carry her…” Marino stated.

“Hold on, hold on!” Jessie interrupted. “We’re not fucking taking her.”

“Get the fuck out of my face.” Marino didn’t bother to look at Jessie. “The hell we aren’t!”

“She’s gonna fucking turn and kill us! Are you stupid? Cutting off her arm did nothing. Look at her!” Jessie pointed to Lucia.

“She. WILL. Make it. If she doesn’t, I’ll… I’ll notice and I’ll react fast enough.” Marino said.

Jessie glared at Marino, then opened his mouth to speak. “Fine. Good luck with that.”

I saw Deryck shake his head in frustration. He seemed to hate him more than average after he was shot for no reason. “Asshole.” He whispered to himself. But I managed to hear it.

I moved to the back of the group with Deryck. “Jessie?”

“Yeah.” Deryck confirmed. “I want to kill him. You have a gun, right? I’m about to shoot this motherfucker right in the back of his head.”

“I don’t have my gun on me. Remember?” I told him.

“Oh, right. Fuck!” Deryck gritted his teeth in anger. “I’ll get him eventually.”

“I don’t know if that’s the best idea, though…” I warned Deryck.

“Why not? Asshole deserves it.” Deryck didn’t agree with me.

“Because.” I hesitated. “Well… I hate him too, but…” I struggled to find an answer. I don’t know. It just didn’t seem completely safe.

“See.” Deryck spoke. “You don’t have a reason. No one likes him.”

“Whatever you want, I guess…” I trailed off. “Let’s just keep walking.”

March 9th. 2017. 1:56 P.M.

We finally arrived at the town. We seemed to be at the plaza area. There were plenty of buildings and old stores around. I saw a sign that read “Biddleton.” I guess we were in Biddleton, whatever that was.

“Alright guys, we’re we gonna stay?” Franklin asked us.

“I don’t know.” Eric shrugged. “And I really don’t care either. As long as it’s shelter that provides protection from the walkers, I’m fine.”

“Same here.” I raised my hand, along with many others.

“Alright…” Franklin looked around and spotted a decently sized store called “Gericke's.” I didn’t know what kind of store it was, but it seems to be decently furnished but not too much.

Franklin led our group inside of Gericke’s. It seemed like it used to be restaurant of some sort. Not too shabby.

“Alright guys, this is where we’ll settle in. Since I don’t think there’s any beds or anything good to sleep on, we’ll have to stick it out on the booths. We’ll stay here until we find a better place to stay.” Franklin announced.

We all began to settle in and sit down. Most of us went around and scattered to explore the restaurant, while some of us shifted our attention to Marino and Lucia, to see how she was doing.

I gazed at Lucia, who was still in Marino’s arms, and she looked really bad. I don’t think we cut the arm off in time. I don’t even know if she died of blood loss already or not. She was paler than ever, and was breathing extremely loudly. Unfortunately, I didn’t look like she was gonna make it.

Of course, Jessie was the first person to take note of this. “Okay, Marino. That’s it. We’re killing her.” He pulled out his pistol and aimed it at Lucia.

“NO!” Marino dropped Lucia to the ground and dived at Jessie, and snatched the pistol away. “Nobody's doing ANYTHING to my girl!”

“MARINO!” Jessie shouted. “Look at her! She’s dying! She’s gonna kill us all! Knock some sense into yourself!”

Marino lunged towards Jessie, but Jessie dodged, causing Marino to faceplant to the ground. Jessie jumped on top of him, keeping him to the ground. Jessie took the pistol away from him.

“GET OFF OF ME!!!!” Marino screamed, kicking and punching furiously.

“Tony! Do it while you can, kill her! Before she turns!” Jessie demanded and tossed me his pistol.

“PLEASE don’t do it Tony! She isn’t dead! She’ll make it!!!” Marino begged.

I looked at the near-walker Lucia, and then back at Jessie’s angry face and Marino’s shattered face.

I raised the gun, and Marino looked away and started to sob. Jessie looked at me with a desperate expression. “Come on, Tony! Stop wasting time!”

[Shoot and kill Lucia] [Toss the gun away]

• [Shoot Jessie]

Wait, that's not an option?

[Toss the gun away]

She. Ain't. Dead. Yet. Throw the gun to Deryck, he'll shoot Jessie. Hopefully.

Chapter 4: Part 9 March 9th, 2017. 1:44 P.M. [Cut off Lucia’s arm] “You need to cut it off, Marino! We have to take the chance!” I

• edited June 2015

[Shoot and kill Lucia]

Oh no... I feared it would come to that. Poor Lucia, but unfortunately this one time Jessie has a point. Speaking of him, I am disgusted by Jessie, up to the point where I hate him more than any other character in this story, including Ashton, Dexter and fucking Mac combined. I'm sick of this sociopathic, social-darwinistic, subhuman scumbag and nobody will shed a tear for him if someone from the group finally shoots him in the head after this part. I don't consider him part of the group, I don't even consider him human and he is at least as bad as Dexter and Ashton. The earlier they finally realize this the better. But my complete and utter hatred for this piece of filth does not change the fact that he is right with this and I can't let my hatred cloud my judgement in this decision.

Lucia is dying or already dead and seems to be close to become a walker. Tony himself describes her as 'near-walker', they have no real medical supplies and she is bleeding heavily from a wound that would be life-threatening even under better circumstances. Now, I guess Gaston and Santiago could be the ones standing the closest to her, being her family and all, so if she turns she's going to be a danger for them first. Or perhaps she's going to be a danger to another member of the group. And I won't take that risk.

Chapter 4: Part 9 March 9th, 2017. 1:44 P.M. [Cut off Lucia’s arm] “You need to cut it off, Marino! We have to take the chance!” I

• [Shoot Jessie]

Wait, that's not an option?

My bad. I shall make that an option next time.

Alt text

mr.quality posted: »

[Shoot Jessie] Wait, that's not an option? [Toss the gun away] She. Ain't. Dead. Yet. Throw the gun to Deryck, he'll shoot Jessie. Hopefully.

• [Shoot and kill Lucia]

• edited June 2015

[Toss the gun away]

Though I'm kinda wishing there was a 'don't shoot' option instead so I can keep the gun :P

Honestly, this decision will only create a rift with Jessie, which I don't care about considering what an asshole Jessie is. Whereas shooting Lucia now is only gonna create problems with Marino and the rest of the group. Wait until it's definitely over (I.e. she turns) before resorting to shooting. It's not as if she is a great danger atm, so long as Marino and the family are kept at a distance while someone tries to help her by reducing the bleeding and resting up. However, they must also be prepared if the worst happens, which is why the family should be kept a distance away.

Someone needs to sort Jessie out though one way or another. Franklin's judgement was shoddy at best to bring him in the first place. The whole group realizes this, either sort him out or get rid.

• edited June 2015

[Shoot and kill Lucia]

I hate Jessie so much but if Lucia turns she could be a danger for the whole group. But if there would be a [Shoot Jessie] option, I would have picked it instead. They really need to kill him!

• edited June 2015

[Kill Lucia] FUCK YOU JESSIE WHY CAN´T YOU DIE WHY?

Awesoem chapter!

• [Shoot and kill Lucia]

It hurts to choose this but it's the right choice. This may cause a rift between Marino and Tony but it's for the safety of the group. Great chapter! I'm really looking forward to the next one.

• edited July 2015

Chapter 4: Part 10

March 9th, 2017. 2:14 P.M.

[Shoot and kill Lucia]

Jessie was right. Lucia wasn’t gonna make it. “I’m sorry…” I muttered as I raised the pistol and aimed it at Lucia.

“NOOOOO!!” Marino screamed at the top of his lungs, kicking and moving his arms like crazy. But then he stopped all of a sudden. “...Look away, sons...” He mumbled.

I took a deep breath and pulled the trigger, as I saw the bullet enter Lucia’s forehead. I heard the cries of her family behind me. I stuck the pistol in my back pocket.

Jessie finally got up from Marino and let him go. Marino went over to Santiago and Gaston and they went into the bathroom alone. I wanted to go in and comfort them, but I figured it would be best just to leave them alone. I wasn’t too close to Lucia, but she seemed like a good kid. And losing someone from your group is never a good thing.

“Good job, Tony. You’re finally coming to your senses.” Jessie spoke.

I gazed at Jessie, and actually thought about shooting him right then and there. But I didn’t think it was too great of an idea with everyone around, and the death of Lucia.

Franklin and Dylan came over and looked at Lucia’s body with a distraught face. The rest of the group arrived after the gunshot echoed through the restaurant.

“Maybe we should bury her…” Dylan suggested.

Jessie looked at her and shrugged. “Eh, too much time and work for something unnecessary.”

Adam decided to step in. “Come on… the least we can do is bury her.”

“Where are the Santiago’s?” Nick asked.

“They went in the bathroom. I think it’s best we don’t disturb them.” I answered him.

“We’ll bury her later then.” Franklin finalized. “Just leave her there for now and just… let’s move on.”

All of us sat down in different booths in distraught and attempted to ignore what had just happened. Ryan and Samantha decided to sit across from me.

“Hey, guys.” I said.

“Hey.” They both replied.

“You guys feeling alright?” I asked them.

“I don’t know. Just the fact of seeing someone die like that… it’s just… frightening.” Ryan told me.

“I agree.” Samantha nodded. “I really hope we can stay strong.”

Jessie walked over and entered our conversation out of nowhere. “With people like you, I doubt that.”

“Um… why do you think that?” Ryan asked Jessie, confused.

“This group is gonna fall apart, just like everyone else did back when this whole thing started. Look at you. You had how many people when you arrived at Ashton’s community? Well, doesn’t matter how much the quantity is. But look at you guys now. No direction. Not the best chemistry. Losing group members left and right. You guys will go out slowly but surely.” Jessie explained.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Samantha asked, outraged. “We have great chemistry. We haven’t lost too many group members, and we’re gonna stay here!”

“Oh, my bad. You guys are gonna stay in this restaurant? You shouldn’t have done what you did at Ashton’s. You were all safe there.” Jessie said.

“Bullshit.” I was quick to respond. “That place was a living hell. And you sure didn’t make things any better there.”

“So? Whether I did anything or not, it was still 10 times better than this dump.” Jessie told me.

“Excuse me, but can you get out of here? You aren’t brightening the mood at all.” Ryan reacted to Jessie.

Jessie shook his head. “Fine, I’ll leave. I’m the only one who does a damn thing around here and this is how I get treated.” He stomped away.

“Pfft, that guy doesn’t do shit!” Samantha made an angry face.

“Tell me about it.” Ryan scoffed. “I mean, I heard he was a dick and all, but I didn’t think he was like THAT…”

“Yeah, he’s the worst…” I said. “We all want to kill him.”

“Woah… KILL him?” Samantha immediately objected to the idea.

“I don’t really mind… as long as I’m not the one behind the gun.” Ryan obliged.

“What’s wrong with that Samantha?” I asked.

“I mean, I hate the guy already… but I don’t want to kill anyone…” Samantha responded.

“Oh, you’re one of those kind of people.” I smiled.

“Yeah, I am.” Samantha let out a light chuckle.”I just don’t think violence is the answer to anything…”

“I can see where you’re coming from.” I told Samantha. “But this is Jessie we’re talking about. I don’t remember one nice thing that came out of that guy’s mouth since we met him. It’s like he wants us to all die.”

“I guess, but still…” Samantha trailed off. “I just don’t know.”

“I don’t mind it, as long as I’m not the one killing him, like I said before.” Ryan stated once again.

“Don’t worry, you won’t be.” I told Ryan.

“Alright, good.” Ryan smiled. “You seem like a good guy, Tony. Too bad we haven’t really gotten the chance to talk much.”

“You do too.” I smiled as well. “It’s just that I’ve been pretty close to most of the other people here for a while now, but I hope you stay with us. You too Samantha.”

“Don’t worry, I ain’t leaving.” Ryan said with a big grin. “This group is all I got. And I really like you guys. You can count on me for anything.”

“I appreciate it, Tony.” Samantha grinned as well. “Just best to stay as safe as possible. You never know what people will do or what will happen in this world now.”

“True that.” I nodded. “People are just so fucked up now…”

“It’s a shame, really…” Ryan muttered. “I knew some really good people who just took a huge turn for the worse when all of this happened… losing loved ones can really change someone.”

“Yeah…” I mumbled. “I hope Marino will be able to stay sturdy. He seemed to recover a bit fine after Lorlin died… but losing someone else from his family… that must hurt a lot.”

“I think he will. Marino seems like a good guy too. But I worry for him. I just hope he doesn’t do anything stupid.” Ryan’s grin faded away.

“I doubt that.” Samantha disagreed. “He still has two sons to look after. He’ll definitely fight along with them.”

“You’re right…” I spoke dimly. “Let’s just hope no one else gets killed or anything… I care for everyone in this group… except Jessie, of course.”

“Preach it, man.” Ryan raised his hand for a high-five. I gladly high-fived him back. “Samantha and I have known each other since Ashton began to build up his community… when he was actually nice…”

“Yeah, Ryan, Steve, Deryck, and I all shared a room. I’m not sure if you remember that one night.” Samantha informed me.

“I remember.” I told them. “They all seem like good people for the most part.”

“Yeah, they are.” Ryan smiled. “Deryck’s a bit of a nutjob, though. He thinks the solution to every situation is to shoot and kill everyone. And he always tell us boring facts about every single firearm.”

“I kind of noticed that.” I chuckled.

“Yeah, not surprised.” Ryan laughed along. “And Steve can be a bit of a dick sometimes, but one you really get to know him, he’s a really nice guy.”

“Yeah, he kind of told me about that.” I told them. “That time where we stopped at the gas station a couple of days ago to hopefully get supplies, he warmed up to me and I think he can be a good friend.”

“He is.” Ryan nodded. “Speaking of friends, do you have any personal friends that are still alive? Or maybe in this group?”

“Yep, Eric’s been a good friend of mine for a few years now, when I moved here in Pennsylvania. We were neighbors.” I explained to them.

“That’s cool.” Samantha said with a half-smile.

“It is.” I said. “I’m lucky to have him. He can be a big ball buster sometimes though. But you can easily get past that.”

“Hopefully.” Samantha laughed.

“You know, I was actually-” Ryan began to say before he noticed Jessie coming towards us. “Great, what does he want now?”

Jessie marched his way back over to our booth, and placed both of his hands on the table. “Listen, I know you all wanted me gone, don’t worry, I ain’t staying here. But I want to talk to Tony for a bit. In private.”

Ryan and Samantha looked at each other, then looked at me.

“Um… alright then…” I uncomfortably stood up. “Wait here, guys.”

Jessie walked outside of Gericke’s, and I followed him to the front of the restaurant. “Alright, what do you want?” I asked him.

“Tony.” He smiled and placed his hand on my shoulder. “I’ve been thinking for a while. I’ve been thinking about the group, and all of the members. And I know, nobody’s perfect, but I think you’re a great person to survive with. Everyone else in that group has their flaws. But I’m having a hard time finding one in you.”

“Uh… okay then…” I was unsure of what Jessie was talking about.

“So… with that being said… I wanted to know… if me and you can both leave, right now. Together.” Jessie offered.

“What?” I asked, shocked and dumbfounded.

“We can maybe gather some supplies from the group, but even if we can’t, I think we can make it far. I like you, Tony. And I know everyone else does, too. But think about it! We’d make a great team, and we’ll actually make it far!” Jessie explained.

“Jessie…” I trailed off.

“Tony.” Jessie stopped me. “It’s a yes or a no. Just look over your options. Wanna stay with a group that’s falling apart, with almost everyone with their own personal problems, or come with me? You know I’m tough as nails, and you are too.”

I just stared at Jessie. And then I remembered that I still had his pistol in my back pocket. And we were outside alone.

“Well?” Jessie crossed his arms. “Give me an answer!”

[Accept Jessie’s offer] [Kindly decline Jessie’s offer] [Tell Jessie off] [Shoot and kill Jessie]

• [Shoot and kill Jessie]

Chapter 4: Part 10 March 9th, 2017. 2:14 P.M. [Shoot and kill Lucia] Jessie was right. Lucia wasn’t gonna make it. “I’m sorry…” I m

Yes!!!! It's an option now! Now he just has to make an excuse for why he shot him, which should be easy. Great part!!!!

Chapter 4: Part 10 March 9th, 2017. 2:14 P.M. [Shoot and kill Lucia] Jessie was right. Lucia wasn’t gonna make it. “I’m sorry…” I m

• edited July 2015

[Shoot and kill Jessie]

Yes, oh yes, finally! Best! Choice! Ever! Kill that son of a bitch, kill him! I admit, part of me would have liked to see a better side of Jessie, but I doubt he even has one. And he destroyed every chance I would have been willing to give him. Franklin is going to be pissed of course and Samantha probably too, but after he just implied stealing from the group, there is no way I'm going to let him live.

Not only is he an asshole, he's manipulative as well! Kill it with fire!!

Franklin may be pissed, but it was the worse decision to bring him in the first place. This is a time where "killing one in order to save many" makes perfect sense, especially when that one is so dangerous.

After all he's put the group through and then saying that they should steal from the group and run off. No, I'm so sick and tired of Jessie and him constantly acting like some genius survivor when he's really just some loud mouthed asshole.

Finally! That's going to be a well-deserved death :P

• edited August 2018

Chapter 4: Part 11

March 9th, 2017. 2:35 P.M.

[Shoot and kill Jessie]

“You know what, Jessie… I like it. Let’s do it.” I told Jessie, confidently.

“Sweet! I’m telling you, we’re gonna make it far. You finally made the right decision. Let’s go get those leftover supplies.” Jessie grinned as he turned his back towards me and walked to the front entrance of Gericke’s.

Before he even got to the door, I grabbed his pistol from my back pocket, and aimed it at Jessie. I pulled the trigger, and the bullet went straight through the back of Jessie’s head. His body fell frontward, right into the front doors and his body lay half outside of Gericke’s, and half inside.

Pretty much the entire group, including the Santiago’s, ran up to the front to see what had happened.

“Holy shit!” Franklin exclaimed, as everyone gazed down at Jessie’s dead body. “What the fuck happened?”

“I killed him…” I said in almost a whisper. “It had to be done.”

“Tony! We literally just discussed this!” Samantha bursted out in rage.

“Sorry Samantha, I had to do it!” I defended myself. “And now was the perfect time!”

“Whatever Tony.” Samantha walked away.

“I can’t get too mad… he did nothing for this group. He was a detriment.” Franklin coincided.

“Thank you Franklin…” I thanked him.

“Anyone else have a problem with it?” Franklin announced as he discarded Jessie’s body.

Silence filled the area.

“I believe we’re all settled in too, right?” Franklin wanted to make sure.

Everyone nodded.

“Alright, follow me inside. I want to make a meeting.” Franklin commanded.

March 9th, 2017. 2:50 P.M.

We were all settled in to the middle of the restaurant. We were at a special table that was large enough to hold our entire group. Franklin stood up in front of the table with Dylan beside him.

“Alright everyone, so since we’re all here, safe and alive, all settled in, with enough supplies for the rest of the month, I think it’s time to officially relax. We’ve still got to scope out the area, but for the most part, it’s safe to calm down a bit. Let me see…” Franklin began counting all of us in the group.

“We have twenty people in this group, Dylan and I included. That’s definitely a big enough group. And on top of that, I believe we all have good chemistry between each other for the most part, correct?” Franklin asked.

We all nodded.

“Good. So now on, I know it may sound fucked up, but if there was one thing that Jessie said that was somewhat right, is that this is survival now. Trust me, I’m not like him, but he did have a bit of a point. So what I’m basically saying is that, if we come across any new survivors, we deny them. Maybe we can provide them with a bit of supplies, but we can’t let them join our group. We don’t want to get overpopulated. That is never good. This is the perfect group right here. And like I said, I don’t want to do this because I don’t want to help. But it has to be done so secure our safety. It pains me to say this actually, but it’s the hard truth.” Franklin explained.

“I don’t know if I like that idea too much.” Ryan spoke up.

“Me neither.” Adam sided with Ryan.

“I know some of you guys may not like it. But trust me, in the long run, it’ll be a lot better. I trust everyone in this group, and I know no one in this group will betray or backstab us. Let’s keep it at that. And the more people we allow to join, the more supplies we need. And this area may not even have any supplies left, and that means that we won’t be staying here for as long as we would want to. Hell, we might even have to leave within the next couple of days. And like I said, I don’t like any of this, but it’s the truth.” Franklin explained once more.

“And another thing is… I really like you guys. I care for you guys. I lead this group because I want to, not because I have to. I want to make sure you are all safe. I know, I made a mistake by keeping Jessie, but at least he didn’t end up killing anyone.” Franklin admitted.

“He fucking shot me.” Deryck talked back.

“Oh, yeah, I kinda forgot about that. How’s that feeling?” Franklin asked Deryck.

“It still hurts like a bitch.” Deryck replied. “But I can handle it. I’m a fighter.”

“That’s good to hear, Deryck.” Franklin smiled. “I want you guys to be tough like that. Samantha, I know you freaked out when Tony killed Jessie. I know you don’t like violence, but you’re going to have to get used to it. That’s the kind of world that we live in now.”

Samantha looked down in defeat, she realized that Franklin was right. “I know…”

“I feel like it’s my responsibility to make sure all of you become good survivors and assure that all of you make it far. Of course, I plan on taking the ride with you guys. But it may not happen, and I’m not trying to scare all of you, but we all have to accept that death is inevitable. It’ll happen. It’s definitely a possibility. Some of us-not even some of us, ALL of us, have suffered painful losses from loved ones. It sucks, it sucks really bad. But we have to get over it or else we’ll never make it.” Franklin told all of us.

“And that’s the main reason why I wanted to call this meeting. I want to assure that all of you get the tips and training you need to survive. I know some of you are already fit for this atmosphere, but not all of you. I want to make sure every single one of you will be able to survive on your own, without anyone with you. I don’t know how long it will take for the world to be back to the way it used to be, hell, it might not even happen at all. So it’s crucial we make sure you know all you need to know about surviving in this world.” Franklin went on.

Dom raised his hand. “Um, sorry to burst your bubble. But I know how to survive.”

Franklin faced Dom. “I’m sure you do. I’ve seen how you go about things.”

I guess Dom took that a bit to heart. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“I mean.” Franklin remained calm. “Just think of it. What would you do if Tom were to die today?”

“Oh shit, am I gonna die?!” Tom panicked for no reason.

“No, no, you’re fine.” Franklin smiled. “What would you do, Dom?”

Dom paused for a moment. “I don’t know… I love Tom…”

“I know you do. And don’t take any offense to this, but knowing you, I don’t think you’d handle things about the same way.” Franklin told him.

“...I know I won’t.” Dom stated blankly. “But I have my support.”

“And what if your support were killed as well?” Franklin kept asking questions.

“Come on man, what’s with all the fucking questions? We’re not all gonna die. We’re too strong for that.” Dom was starting to get annoyed.

“Exactly my point.” Franklin nodded. “You don’t realize that ANYTHING can happen in this world. Anything. I’ve seen shit like that for myself. Hell, I was an official at Ashton’s community. I’ve seen enough to convince me.”

Dom fell silent, defeated.

“I don’t mean to sound like an asshole. Like I said, I really do care for all of you. But I hope this lecture really said something to you. I’m pretty sure everyone here knows how to shoot a gun. If you don’t, you NEED to learn. A gun can be more deadly than a walker. Yes, that means you too, kids.” Franklin commanded.

“Hell no. They’re not shooting guns.” Marino immediately shot back at Franklin.

“I figured you’d say that.” Franklin crossed his arms. “I understand, Gaston won’t need to learn. But Santiago is thirteen, correct? He’s old enough, and he NEEDS to learn. What if he’s confronted by walkers or bad men and he’s all alone and doesn’t know how to use a gun?”

Like Dom, Marino fell silent.

“Main point is, anything can happen. Sometimes you have to do things that’s out of your control, and things that may hurt others. But the one thing that matters most, is the fact that you’re alive. What matters more, your life, or someone else’s? It’s kind of like that. And it’s horrible. But it’s the reality of this new world. Nothing is like it used to be. I hope all of you understood that after today. Hopefully we’ll do some shooting training on all of you, just so you can all become good shots.” Franklin concluded his speech.

“Alright guys, I’ll let you all go. Get some rest for the remainder of the day, we’ll need it.” Franklin and Dylan walked towards the employee only section of Gericke’s.

We all looked at each other, absorbing what Franklin had just said. “Well, we heard him.” Nick spoke. “He’s right.”

“I know he is.” Ashley sided with Nick.

“It’s a lot to take in. I’m gonna go by the suite section.” I said as I walked towards the suite section. I kind of just wanted to be alone. What Franklin said was sad but true. The fact that all the fun times that life used to be is now gone, and now it has turned into this, was truly depressing.

I laid down in one of the larger booths and closed my eyes, and fell asleep.

March 10th, 2017. 8:26 A.M.

I awoke alone in the suite section. I looked down at my watch, and it was 8:26 in the morning. Holy shit, I slept for that long? I fell asleep at like, three o'clock yesterday? Damn.

I stood up in search of the rest of my group, pretty much everyone was sleeping in their booths. I went to go check the employee only section of Gericke’s, and sure enough, both Franklin and Dylan were awake.

“Hey, guys.” I said as I walked into the room.

“Hello, Tony.” Franklin waved.

“What’s up, Tony.” Dylan greeted me.

“I’m good.” I nodded. “Just wanted to let you know, I really thought about what you said yesterday. I know it wasn’t too much, but it was enough to leave a mark on me, and I haven’t stopped thinking about it. I feel like… I’m becoming a whole different person than who I was on day one. Before all of this happened…”

“It’s happened to all of us, Tony.” Franklin remarked. “I just hope, that when I die one day, my message will spread to all of the good and understanding human beings out there, and this world doesn’t become a tyranny infested planet by the next few years, that is, if anyone is even still alive by then.”

“I don’t know.” Dylan joined in on the conversation. “What if the rest of the survivors on Earth just exterminated all of the living walkers, just leaving the extremely small population of survivors left? Would we be able to rebuild? Would be become a free land like we used to be, or will we be ruled by a tyrant? Just, so many things can happen… what if we all go extinct? I can’t even think of that…”

“It’s a lot to take in, Dylan.” Franklin told him. “But thinking about all of that stuff certainly doesn’t help. It just adds unnecessary stress.”

“You’re right.” Dylan wiped his face with his hand. “You’re a good role model, Franklin. I’m glad I can be leading this group with you. Although I feel like I don’t really do much.”

“Heh, thanks. And don’t think like that. This group would definitely not be the same without you. You’re a big asset to this group physical wise. And you’re the only other person here that was pretty close to Ashton and Dexter, we can relate.” Franklin told Dylan.

“I guess.” Dylan shrugged. “Either way, I’m glad we’re a big group. My biggest fear is all of us just… being dismantled, like falling off the face of the Earth… but like you said, I shouldn’t think of all that stuff. Just gotta keep pushing.”

“Gotta keep pushing.” Franklin repeated Dylan’s words.

“Well, I appreciate what both of you have done for all of us. We can’t forget that without you guys, we’d still be at fucking Ashton’s. I can’t even think of that. You both certainly left a big impact on us.” I told them.

“I appreciate the appreciation.” Franklin chuckled. “Well, how come you’re up early?”

“I fell asleep early yesterday. Like, really early. Right after you finished your speech.” I informed them.

“Oh, that’s good. Going to sleep with all of that taken in.” Franklin smiled.

“Yeah, haha.” I laughed.

“Well, you wanna go back to sleep?” Franklin asked.

“Nah, I’m not tired.” I told him.

“Ah.” Franklin grunted. “Well, if you want, you can wake everybody up and work on that firearm training I was talking about yesterday. Although, we don’t have too many weapons to work with.”

“I’m down with it. I can definitely work on a bit of improvement.” I agreed.

“Heh, me too, believe it or not.” Franklin laughed. “Dylan here can do most of the training.”

“Oh, alright then.” I chuckled.

“But if that’s a bit too much to take in this early then we can all just try to go back to sleep.” Franklin said.

“Oh, well I’ll probably just-” I started to say but was cut off by Franklin.

“Shit, I forgot.” Franklin snapped. “We’re running low on ammo, badly.”

“Damn, already?” I was shocked.

“Yep.” Franklin sighed. “There wasn’t much at Ashton’s to begin with. And we have a decent amount of food. Either way, we’re gonna have to go on a supply run sooner or later.”

“Damn.” I let out. “We’ll probably just go on one later.”

“Yeah, we probably will.” Franklin obliged. “Well, there’s literally nothing to do right now. Just try to get back to sleep and we’ll settle this out later.”

“Alright, thanks again guys.” I said as I walked out of the room. I walked over back to the same booth in the suite section and laid for a bit, trying to get tired. I eventually managed to fall back asleep.

No choices for this part.

• Great part!!!

Chapter 4: Part 11 March 9th, 2017. 2:35 P.M. [Shoot and kill Jessie] “You know what, Jessie… I like it. Let’s do it.” I told Jessi

• edited July 2015

Burn in Hell, Jessie! That was satisfying :D

And Franklin starts to redeem himself in my eyes after the spectacularly bad decision to bring Jessie along in the first place. It's good that he did not chew Tony out for doing something that was absolutely necessary. Speaking of, Tony was amazing in this part :) Absolutely loved how calm he was while shooting Jessie.

“Yep.” Franklin sighed. “There wasn’t much at Ashton’s to begin with. And we have a decent amount of food. Either way, we’re gonna have to go on a supply run sooner or later.”

“Damn.” I let out. “We’ll probably just go on one later.”

I'm calling it now, something bad will happen on the next supply run.

Chapter 4: Part 11 March 9th, 2017. 2:35 P.M. [Shoot and kill Jessie] “You know what, Jessie… I like it. Let’s do it.” I told Jessi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.