The Walking Dead Interactive FanFiction: A New Life

Comments

• Awesome part!

Partition posted: »

Chapter 4: Part 11 March 9th, 2017. 2:35 P.M. [Shoot and kill Jessie] “You know what, Jessie… I like it. Let’s do it.” I told Jessi

• edited July 2015

Chapter 4: Part 12

March 10th, 2017. 9:21 A.M.

“Tony.” Someone shook me. “Tony. Wake up.”

Who was waking me up? My eyes slowly opened, revealing Dylan was the culprit. “What’s up man?” He asked me.

“Uh… nothing, I was kind of sleeping…” I sat up.

“My bad.” Dylan apologized. “But Franklin wants me and you to go on a supply run right now, so we can surprise the group. And to just get it out of the way.”

“Just me and you?” I asked.

“Yeah.” Dylan affirmed. “Don’t worry, we’ll be fine. If we run into any trouble I’ll handle it.” He pulled out a fully loaded pistol and a knife. He also handed me a bag, to carry supplies in.

I didn’t know if this sounded too safe. But I had nothing else to do, and Dylan said it would be fine. And he was second in command of the group, after all. “Alright, let’s go.” I agreed.

“You ready to go now?” Dylan wanted to make sure.

“Yeah.” I confirmed. “Come on.”

Dylan and I both walked out of Gericke’s in hopes to find some good supplies.

March 10th, 2017. 9:33 A.M.

It was bright and early outside. The luminous sun beamed down upon Dylan and I, the temperature pretty warmer than average for a March day in Pennsylvania. But it was nice. Dylan and I walked for about 10 minutes without talking much before Dylan broke the silence.

“Man, hopefully we can stay at the restaurant for a while. It’s a good place to stay.” Dylan spoke.

“I do too.” I sided with him. “It’s not perfect, but it can definitely be a lot worse.”

“No kidding.” Dylan said. “I’m just glad things have been going pretty decent for us.”

“Definitely.” I nodded. “I think we’re in pretty good shape as far as survival goes. We’ve already offed the detriments, kind of like Franklin said.”

“Yeah.” Dylan nodded along. “Mac and Jessie… those two were just…”

“Useless assholes?” I tried to finish his sentence for him.

“Pretty much.” Dylan chuckled. “Man, I really shouldn’t be laughing about people who died. I mean, fuck Jessie, but I’m still a bit iffy over the whole Mac thing.”

“How come?” I questioned him. “That guy did nothing but get members from our group killed.”

“I know, but still…” Dylan trailed off. “I feel like he had good intentions but was just dealt the wrong hand.”

“I don’t know.”I shrugged it off. “Either way, he did nothing for us. And while I can’t say I’m glad he’s dead, I’m just glad he’s not our problem.”

“Alrighty then.” Dylan sighed. “But look.” He pointed to a Home Depot. “Let’s check there dude!”

A huge grin occupied my face when I saw the Home Depot. There had to be stuff there! “Come on!” I exclaimed as we ran towards the store.

March 10th, 2017. 9:40 A.M.

We arrived at the front doors to Home Depot. There were large windows where we can see inside.

“Hold on, let’s take a peek.” Dylan pressed his face against the window, as did I.

What I saw was excellent and not so excellent. There were tons of supplies still in the store, things that we can use badly. This is great!

But the bad news was that there were walkers in there, quite a bit of them.

“Come on, we gotta take that risk! We NEED those supplies!” Dylan banged his fist on the window.

“You sure?” I asked him.

“Yes!” Dylan assured me. “We need those supplies desperately. We can’t pass up on an opportunity like this.”

I thought about it for a moment. I don’t know. But Dylan was right. We really needed those supplies.

“Alright… let’s do it.” I looked at him.

“Okay… on three…” Dylan said as he placed his foot in between both of the doors. “Ready?”

“Yep.” I assured him.

“Okay… one… two… THREE!” Dylan kicked the doors open, and we ran inside.

“Over here fuckers!” Dylan shouted, getting their attention. We both shot at the walkers right in the head. “Behind you!” Dylan warned me.

I turned around quickly, and a walker toppled on top of me. “Shit! Help!” I screamed as I used my arm to keep its face away from me.

Dylan shot the walker in the head, causing guts to fly all over my face and my clothes. Disgusting!

“You okay man?” Dylan walked over to me and helped me up.

“Yeah… thanks…” I tried to catch some air. That was pretty scary, I thought I was gonna die for a second.

“No problem.” Dylan patted me on the back. “Come on, there’s some more! Split up in the isles!”

We both ran into separate isles, and shot every walker we saw. We eventually got to the point where we met up in the same isle, exterminating every single walker in the store.

“Is that all of them?” Dylan looked around and scanned the store.

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure.” I searched the store as well. Not one walker was found. But many dead ones lay throughout the store.

“Nice.” Dylan smiled. “Let’s loot this place man!”

We both ran around the store, taking everything that we can possibly take. There was way too much to fit in our little bags, but we took the most valuable things that we felt were best for our group.

“You good?” Dylan called out across the store.

“Yeah!” I called back out to him. “Let’s get outta here!”

March 10th, 2017. 10:24 A.M.

The whole supply run took a little less than an hour. We walked for about 15 minutes with our completely filled bags and were headed back to Gericke’s.

“Man, I can’t believe we got this much stuff!” Dylan exclaimed. “How the hell was that not looted at all before? We gotta go back there and get the rest of the stuff!”

“I know man, we’re almost at Gericke’s, look!” I pointed to the restaurant that was now in sight.

“Hold on Tony…” Dylan stopped walking. “Do you see what I see?”

I stopped beside Dylan, and squinted my eyes. “Uh, Dylan… something isn’t right…”

There were about 15 people surrounding Gericke’s. And none of them were from my group.

“Dude… our group!” Dylan shouted and ran towards the people. “Get the fuck away, you bastards!”

“DYLAN!” I called out to him. “WAIT!” This wasn’t a good idea.

We were right next to the entrance of Gericke’s now, the men all had guns aimed at Dylan. Half of them shifted their attention to me.

“What did you do to our fucking group?! Tell me!” Dylan shouted at them.

“They’re fine.” One of the men informed Dylan. “But they won’t be if you keep acting like this.”

“What the fuck did you guys do?” Dylan kept asking them questions.

“He doesn’t wanna listen.” The same man muttered. “FREDRIK!” He called.

Almost immediately after the man shouted, a man with a mullet and a beard walked out of Gericke’s. He had dark brown eyes, and an eye scar going through one of his eyes. He was wearing a dark blue hunting jacket with a red, blue, and white flannel shirt inside. He also wore navy blue jeans and dark brown work boots.

“You called.” The man called Fredrik spoke in a creepy, soft tone.

“Take care of these two.” The man replied.

“Sure thing.” Fredrik smiled. “Follow me.”

“I ain’t fucking following you!” Dylan got angry.

“Oh really?” Fredrik approached Dylan. Then, he pulled out a large blade and held it up to Dylan’s throat. “What do you think now?”

Dylan started shaking, and then obeyed. “Alright…”

We both followed Fredrik inside of Gericke’s, and our group members were all sitting in booths, being monitored by multiple men.

“Looks like we’re in for a treat.” Fredrik smiled.

[END OF CHAPTER 4]

Well, that’s it for chapter 4 guys! I enjoyed writing this chapter a lot as well, although I think I had a better time writing chapter 3, just because chapter 4 took FOREVER to write, and I apologize for that. It happened during so many things that were going on, and everything was just so hectic.

Well, the main thing I wanted to address is, chapter 4 was mostly a setup chapter for the mid-season finale! That’s right, chapter 5 will be the halfway point of the season! Each season will have 10 chapters, and I’m probably going to write 2 or 3 seasons. Anyway, the one thing that I’ll say for chapter 5 is:

Prepare for lots of blood.

As always, I have the usual questions. You don’t have to answer them, but it will greatly help if you do. Explanations also aren’t required, but again, it helps. Thanks guys!

Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter?

Who was your least favorite character(s) this chapter?

Was there any part of this chapter that particularly stood out?

What was your overall opinion on this chapter?

Was there anything you didn’t really like this chapter?

What would you like to see more of in future chapters?

Thanks for reading everyone!

• Anyway, the one thing that I’ll say for chapter 5 is:

Your weather prediction for chapter 5: Mostly cloudy with a chance of scattered blood showers through the evening and into the early morning.

Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter? Dylan, he was cool.

Who was your least favorite character(s) this chapter? Whoever the hell this 'Fredrik' guy is. Also Jessie. Fuck Jessie.

Was there any part of this chapter that particularly stood out? When Tony straight up capped the fool. (Jessie)

What was your overall opinion on this chapter? Epic, with a chance of mild snow storms throughout the midwest.

Was there anything you didn’t really like this chapter? Nah. It was cool.

What would you like to see more of in future chapters? Hopefully not raining blood. But who knows?

Chapter 4: Part 12 March 10th, 2017. 9:21 A.M. “Tony.” Someone shook me. “Tony. Wake up.” Who was waking me up? My eyes slowly open

• edited July 2015

Awesome chapter finale! I see that I was wrong with something bad happening on the supply run... instead something bad happened to the rest of the group D: At least nobody got killed for now, but I'm afraid this will change soon.

“Yeah.” Dylan nodded along. “Mac and Jessie… those two were just…”

“Useless assholes?” I tried to finish his sentence for him.

You're goddamn right, Tony!

That does not sound good... that does not sound good at all...

Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter?

Several people, let me count. I still like Dom, but there wasn't much for him in this chapter, so this is more of an honourable mention. Steve deserves special praise as I really start to like him for some reason after heavily disliking him for most of Chapter 2 and 3. Dude stepped up big time during the whole Jessie incident. Katrina was awesome as always and definitely proved her badassery once again when she somehow managed to carry Nick, who is quite likely twice as heavy as she is, to safety despite being under heavy fire. That was quite porbably my favourite scene from her in the story so far. During the last few parts of this chapter I really started to like Dylan. And finally, I think Marino is also a good character, as well as very tragic with everything he lost. I certainly like him.

Jessie, Jessie and Jessie. He was hateable and annoying from his very first appearance and I just wished that someone would finally break his jaw so that he would shut up for once. When he called Katrina bitch, I wished they would just throw him to the walkers. Unlike Dexter or Ashton, I didn't even love to hate him, so it's safe to say that I hated him even more than I ever hated them. And then there's Mac, who I don't feel any pity with despite his tragic backstory. He was from the very first moment they met him a whiny and selfish coward who didn't even try to overcome his mistakes. He won't be missed! Finally, there is this Fredrik guy. He hasn't done much until now, but I just know that he will be my least favourite character in the next chapter.

I loved how they escaped from that suburban trap. For a moment I was extremely concerned for the survival of Nick and Kat, but when she just carried the big guy to safety I was literally cheering. Looks like willpower can indeed move mountains :D Mac's suicide afterwards was very intense and in my eyes one of the most well-written parts of the story in general. As much as I hate him and despise him, I can't deny that his flaws were believable and that his character was relatable. Despicable, but relatable. I also loved that scene where Tony just straight out shot Jessie in the head like a cold-blooded badass. And finally, if I think about probably one of my favourite scenes in the story so far, that small nice scene at the beginning of the chapter where the group just sat together, played a game and had a good time, that moment made me smile :D

It was an amazing chapter. Personally, I liked Chapter 3 a little bit more, but Chapter 3 was my favourite in the whole story for good reason after all. I'd say, this was my second favourite chapter so far.

Jessie. Not from a writing perspective, but all of his appearances, from Chapter 3 onwards to his death, every line he said was something so infuriating that I would have shot him on the spot for it. I even lost a lot of respect for Franklin up until that final two parts for just leaving him be instead of doing something against him. I really loved that Tony had the guts to do it, but I would have wished it to happen earlier.

Nothing specific to be honest. Everything was awesome in this chapter and all of the characters got some great development. Perhaps, like I said last time, there could be some romance, since that is always nice, but this chapter worked fine without it. And seeing how we aren't even halfway through Season 1, I'm sure there will be lots of time for it whenever it fits into the story. So, nothing in general where I would say that I would like to see more of in future chapters. You had a very nice balance between calm moments, action and tense decisions in this chapter, keep it that way and next chapter is going to kick ass :D

Oh, perhaps not too many death in the next chapter would be nice, I'm scared for my favourites D:

By the way, can we ask questions again for the alternative choices? There would be a few which I'd like to know about.

Chapter 4: Part 12 March 10th, 2017. 9:21 A.M. “Tony.” Someone shook me. “Tony. Wake up.” Who was waking me up? My eyes slowly open

• Thanks for your review! I would also like to assure you that your weather prediction is pretty accurate. >:)

mr.quality posted: »

Anyway, the one thing that I’ll say for chapter 5 is: Prepare for lots of blood. Your weather prediction for chapter 5: Mostl

• Thanks for your review! Great in detail as always.

As for romance, I know people have been asking for it since chapter 1, and I'm definitely working on it, don't worry. ;)

And of course, if anyone wants to ask questions about alternative choices they are always welcome :D

Awesome chapter finale! I see that I was wrong with something bad happening on the supply run... instead something bad happened to the rest

• Ok then, there are quite a few choices where I am very curious what might have happened otherwise :D

I remembered one question I forgot to ask at the end of Chapter 3. There was this choice to allow Nick to help with the escape plan, during the scene where he and Katrina were arguing and we chose to send him back to the infirmary. Would that have changed anything?

What would have happened if we would have chosen to leave Mac behind when Tony, Dylan, Adam, Marino and Lucia went on the supply run in the suburbs?

What would have happened if Tony would have dropped Jessie into that river?

What would have happened if he would have tossed the gun away instead of shooting Lucia?

And finally, what would have happened if he wouldn't have shot Jessie?

Thanks for your review! Great in detail as always. As for romance, I know people have been asking for it since chapter 1, and I'm definit

• Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter?

Call me crazy but Steve grew on me over this chapter. Dylan, Katrina and Franklin were also cool.

Definitely Jessie. Mac had at least some reasons for acting like he did and he never had bad intentions but Jessie made it clear that he hated the whole group even more than they hated him, for absolutely no reason at all. I am happy that he is dead.

Macs suicide and Lucias death were very intense moments for me and my favorites in this chapter

I loved it, probably my favorite chapter so far. I liked that the group was on the road again after two chapters of community, that gave room for a lot of different scenes and scenarios. I like a wandering group in general more than a community.

Not really, no.

Maybe a bit more of Dan :P Dont want to sound selfish but he was the only one from the group who had no real scene in this chapter.

• edited July 2015

If Nick would have helped the group escape, the escape would have gone rather the same, but he would have had several say-ins for when the group confronted Ashton, Mac, and Braxton. However, he would also make his injuries a bit worse during the process, and he would be even more handicapped than he is now.

If Mac was left behind, he wouldn't have screwed up with the walkie-talkie, thus, Lucia wouldn't have gotten shot, and never resulting in her death. This also means that Mac still wouldn't have been AS big of a target than he was, and he wouldn't have had that mental breakdown in the truck just yet. Instead, he would screw up one more time, resulting in the inadvertent death of another group member, and then he would have his breakdown and end up committing suicide.

If Tony dropped Jessie into the river, Jessie would have tried to shoot at Tony, but miss, and then be swept away by the river. Jessie would not be seen for the rest of the chapter, but would re-appear in chapter 5 and do something that I can not say or else it will spoil some things ;) but after that, he would never forgive Tony for his actions and try to kill him, but Tony would prevail and end up killing Jessie.

If Tony tossed the gun away, unfortunately, Lucia would have still died. However, Marino would get to say some "final goodbyes," as well as the rest of his family. Lucia would begin to reanimate, and Marino would have noticed first and kill Lucia himself. This would also put Marino and Tony on better terms.

Well, there were multiple options here, so I'll explain all of them.

If Tony accepted Jessie's offer, the two of them would have left the group, and meet new survivors, and there would pretty much be a whole different storyline. And depending on future choices, the former group would reunite with Tony and Jessie and their new group, and there would be a war between the two. There would have been a key choice to choose which group to side with.

If Tony kindly declined Jessie's offer, Jessie would have been mad at first, but then would have treated only Tony nicely, and the rest of the group as well. This would lead the group to question Tony and his relationship with Jessie, and the group would eventually be the ones to end Jessie's life.

And if Tony told Jessie off, this would get Jessie angry, and the two would have brawled outside of Gericke's. Tony would call for help, and some group members would come outside and pull Jessie off of Tony and restrain him. At this point, pretty much everyone was fine with Jessie being killed, so whilst being restrained, Tony would have killed Jessie right then and there.

Ok then, there are quite a few choices where I am very curious what might have happened otherwise I remembered one question I forgot to

• Thank you for your review. I have definitely taken note of Dan's lack of appearance in the story so far, but trust me, that will definitely change. ;)

janitor posted: »

Who was your favorite character(s) this chapter? Call me crazy but Steve grew on me over this chapter. Dylan, Katrina and Franklin were a

• edited July 2015

I guess we made mostly good choices then. The Mac choice is a bit ambigous for me, as Lucia would have lived but another group member would have died, so I guess that one was neither good nor bad. I also misjudged the choice to kill Lucia, as Marino would have definitely deserved some final goodbyes. He took it a bit better than I thought, but still, I feel pity for that poor guy.

But I'm very glad we handled the Jessie situation so smoothly. Going with him sounds like a bad decision, especially since that would mean more Jessie screentime, but the other two options also sound a lot less smooth than the one that ultimately won. The alternative river and Nick choices also sound worse than the one that ultimately won.

If Nick would have helped the group escape, the escape would have gone rather the same, but he would have had several say-ins for when the g

• No need to hurry :P The way I see it, he did everything right. After the community he was in a similar situation like Jessie but unlike Jessie he stayed silent and wasnt an asshole, so now everyone seems to have accepted him into the group.

Thank you for your review. I have definitely taken note of Dan's lack of appearance in the story so far, but trust me, that will definitely change.

• Good stuff towards the end :) Felt like it went a bit slower in comparison to chapter 3 but that was amazingly intense from start to finish. It's set up chapter 5 though, so it's understandable. Blood in the next chapter better be from these guys, whoever they are. I have a suspicion of who they are, but it's probably wrong.

Favourite character? Hard to say. Most I liked previously took a back seat except for Tony of course. Franklin's decision to bring Jessie was always going to end badly, but I'm glad he came to his senses. Dylan standing up for Katrina was a good moment for him. Up till then he took a back seat when the group was in conflict. They're both leaders with different styles, with Franklin being more diplomatic and thoughtful, whereas Dylan's becoming a bit more decisive and assured in his actions. Though that last chapter shows he's a bit impulsive, he's cool for the most part.

Least favourite? Jessie takes the biscuit. Asshole. He offered no positive qualities to the group. The last thing that group needed at that point was a character like him around.

The last few parts stood out for me where the conflict with Jessie was coming to a head. Franklin's speech was pretty cool too.

The beginning felt slow, but there was a bit of pay off towards the end so there was none I disliked.

I don't think I can say what I want to see at this point that's different from before. Just add the stuff that you think will make it awesome. You've been getting it right! :D

• Thanks for the review :D

Good stuff towards the end Felt like it went a bit slower in comparison to chapter 3 but that was amazingly intense from start to finish. I

• Hey guys, sorry for the long delay. If you didn't know, my cousins visited from Florida and have been with me for the past two weeks. However, they are gone now and chapter 5 shall start tomorrow!

• Chapter 5: Part 1

March 10th, 2017. 10:30 A.M.

“Hello, everyone. My name is Fredrik Barlow. Welcome.” Fredrik announced to our entire group.

“The fuck you mean, ‘welcome’?” Dom got angry. “We were here first before you fucks came and took us hostage.”

“Well, this place is ours now, fussy boy.” Fredrik stared into Dom’s eyes. This guy seemed fearless. “And I highly recommend you don’t get started with me. Or else you’ll suffer the consequences.”

“What consequences?” Dom hissed.

“You’ll see once it happens to you. It’ll probably happen to all of you, like it always does.” Fredrik sighed.

“The fuck you mean ‘it always does’?” Dan got angry this time.

“Looks like we got two pissers in here.” Franklin clapped his hands.

“Answer my question.” Dan sneered.

“Oh, it’s nothing.” Franklin motioned his hand as if he was smacking away something. “Just that… no one wants to listen. And I’ve shed lots of blood. That’s all.”

“Why do you even want us?” We didn’t do anything!” Dylan yelled at Fredrik.

“Well… this restaurant looks very nice. It’s always good to have more stuff under your belt, am I right?” Fredrik replied quickly.

“So? We’ll leave, just let us be!” Dylan pleaded.

“Nah, I think I can use you guys. You all seem like hard workers. You’re all gonna survive with me. Trust me, I don’t know why you are all upset over this.” Fredrik told us.

“You held a fucking knife to my throat just out there!” Dylan exclaimed.

“That’s because you were getting feisty. Just stay on the same page as I am, and we wont have any problems.” Fredrik said.

“Oh really?” Eric tilted his head. “Then why are we being watched by tons of men?”

“To make sure you guys don’t pull any moves on me. Lots of people don’t like me, why? I have no idea. I’m making their survival better, and they treat me like shit. If they don’t want to survive, then I just end it for them. Hopefully you’re all smart.” Fredrik smiled once again.

“Fine…” Franklin gave in, realizing there was no other way out of this situation. “What do you want us to do?”

Fredrik turned to some stray wood on the floor, and threw it towards us. “Here, take some of this and actually make this place safe. Anyone can waltz into here and kill all of you at any time.”

“We haven’t had any problems for the past two days…” Dom muttered.

“Well, lucky you!” Fredrik raised his voice. “You won’t be feeling that way when a ton of walkers come into here when you’re all sleeping and you all die in your sleeps, right? Actually, I couldn’t care less if that happened to all of you! But I care for the safety of me and my men, and you guys are going to have to assure that!”

“Hey! If you want your men to stay safe, why can’t they fucking do all of this?” Dom raised his voice as well.

“Dom, stop! You’re gonna get us killed!” Tom tried to stop his brother from pissing off Fredrik too much.

“He’s right.” Fredrik took note of what Tom said. “I recommend you listen to him. Get up, and start making use of this wood. I have more, so if you need any, shoot. And don’t try to run either, I’ll have my men watching you. And if you don’t think they’re capable of putting a bullet through your heads, you better get your brain re-evaluated. Now go!”

All of us got up, and reluctantly obeyed Fredrik. We all went outside, and were followed by one of Fredrik’s men, as the rest of them explored Gericke’s. This was awful. I hated Fredrik already. He seemed like a manipulative tyrant.

“We don’t even have any fucking tools to do this shit!” Dom kicked the wood.

“Watch yourself there.” One of the men witnessed Dom’s action. “Looks like you’re gonna be the first to go to me.”

“First to go where? Out of this fucking place? Yeah, you’re right?” Dom shot right back.

The man just shook his head. “I am taking note of all of your actions. All of this will be reported to Fredrik by the time you guys are done making this place safe.”

“What are you, that one teacher in school that rides the principal all day?” Steve yelled at the man.

“Fredrik is my leader, and I respect him and obey him. And he’s your leader now too, so if this behavior keeps up, you’ll be dead in no time. And we’ll be better off.” The man told Eric.

“Who said he’s our leader?” Steve asked the man again. “Who did?”

“My God, you guys are asking to be killed!” The man snapped. “All of this will be reported!”

“Report this, asshole.” Steve threw the wood at the man’s face, knocking him out immediately.

“Steve!” Tom panicked. “That wasn’t the best idea…”

“Fuck him.” Steve blew it off.

This alerted Fredrik to storm outside. “What happened?”

“No idea.” Steve replied.

“What. Happened.” Fredrik demanded.

“I told you, I have no idea. I wasn’t paying attention.” Steve was quick to reply.

Fredrik studied Steve, as if he was reading his mind. “I’ll remember this… shit! I forgot to collect names. I’ll do that in a bit… this is useless. Clearly you guys don’t want to work for your survival. But I only knew you guys for so short… it’s never good to give up that quick. We’re going to another one of my quarantine zones.”

“Quarantine zones?!” I repeated his words.

“Yep. I’ve been going around, marking places for myself. That’s what’s good about being with me. You’re gonna be safe no matter what. That is, unless you get on my nerves, of course…” Fredrik grinned.

Fredrik began to walk away from Gericke’s. “Come on, boys and girls! It ain’t too far!”

March 10th, 11:03 A.M.

“Alright, we’re here!” Fredrik had brought us to a large building, I didn’t really know what to make of it.

“Before we get into anything, I want all of you to line up shoulder to shoulder.” Fredrik ordered.

We all obeyed, as we were afraid of what Fredrik would do if we didn’t. I ended up being all the way on the end to the right.

Fredrik stood in front of me first. “Name?”

Should I give him my real name? I didn’t know what else he would be able to do with it though. But I knew this guy couldn’t be trusted.

[Give him your real name] [Give him a fake name]

• edited July 2015

[Give him your real name]

I don't see a reason not to, I can't really see him doing anything with it.

Chapter 5: Part 1 March 10th, 2017. 10:30 A.M. “Hello, everyone. My name is Fredrik Barlow. Welcome.” Fredrik announced to our entire

• [Give him a fake name]

Why not?

Chapter 5: Part 1 March 10th, 2017. 10:30 A.M. “Hello, everyone. My name is Fredrik Barlow. Welcome.” Fredrik announced to our entire

• edited July 2015

I don't think there is much Fredrik can do with Tony's name, except, you know, calling him by it. On the other hand, if Tony lies to him and he ever finds out the truth, he will be without a doubt furious, and that's not worth it. After all, what does Tony gain from hiding his true name?

• [Give him your real name]

Nothing to be gained by using a fake name.

• [give him your real name]

great part!!!

• Chapter 5: Part 2

March 10th, 2017. 11:05 A.M.

“...Tony.” I muttered my name. This guy really wanted to keep us. I didn’t like it.

Fredrik went down the line and gathered everyone’s names. He then stood in front of us again.

“Alright, everyone. I have collected all of your names. Follow me inside and get comfy, you aren’t gonna be leaving anytime soon.” Fredrik commanded as he walked inside.

All of us reluctantly followed Fredrik and his men inside, and the building was pretty much a big warehouse. Except, it was heavily tampered with, it didn’t really look like a warehouse anymore, but more of a hub area. It kind of reminded me of Ashton’s place, but it was pretty different than that. There were quite a few people walking around, probably more survivors that were captured by Fredrik.

“As you know, we’re only… hmm… about four months into this crisis. So, we haven’t had much time to make this one huge community type setting. We only have a few rooms and beds, and if those are already taken, I guess you’ll just have to sleep on the floor.” Fredrik laughed.

“Why is that so funny?” Steve remarked. “You just can’t wait to put us through shit?”

“Oh, it’s you again. I’d advise you to keep your mouth shut. You already screwed up once, and we haven’t even known each other for an hour yet.” Fredrik told Steve.

“Now, since you guys couldn’t handle fifteen fucking seconds at the restaurant, maybe some new scenery will teach you how to behave.” Fredrik walked over to a huge pile of wood that he had stockpiled, and took some of it out and threw it in front of us, again. “The back needs some work done. Do it now, I must resume something that I must finish. Cole will be your main instructor for now.” He walked away, somewhere in the building.

Cole remained standing in front of us. Cole was a caucasian with dark brown hair and brown eyes. He had a scar over his left eye, and had a full grown beard. He wore a dark red plaid shirt with his sleeves rolled up, dark blue jeans, dark brown boots, and in addition to the rifle he was armed with, he carried a revolver in his pocket and a machete on his back.

“Well? Pick up some wood and tools and get your ass to the back!” Cole immediately instructed. I can tell he was not a good man. This wasn’t going to be fun.

“I’m not picking up any wood. You can.” Once again, Steve didn’t comply.

“Listen, you little shit.” Cole stomped his way and got as close to Steve as possible. “If you keep this shit up, I won’t even think to hesitate and report this to Fredrik. And if this really keeps up, I wouldn’t mind killing you myself. I know who Fredrik wants and doesn’t want, and right now, you’re just asking to get yourself killed. So go get some wood, and go to the back!”

“Fine, fine.” Steve didn’t seem intimidated by Cole at all, and picked up as much wood as he can. “There, I have some wood. Happy?”

“I’m delighted.” Cole smiled, sarcastically. Then, he spotted Nick having trouble getting some wood. Nick’s feet were still hurting him badly, but he managed to fight through the pain and do whatever was needed to be done.

“Hey you, the hell are you doing? It’s just some wood! How weak are you?” Cole yelled at Nick.

Katrina immediately became defensive of her brother. “Hey, asshole. He’s hurt, can you not tell? He was shot in both feet not even a week ago.”

“Oh, sorry. My bad.” Cole raised his arms up in the air, again, being sarcastic. “Cry me a river.”

Katrina was about to lunge at Cole, but Nick held her back. “Stop, Kat! That’s only gonna make this worse…”

“Not a smart move, boy.” Cole chuckled. “Now I know she was about to attack me. Should have let her when she had the chance. Now, I’ll definitely remember that.”

Nick and Katrina paid no attention to Cole’s comment.

“Nothing to say? Alright, let’s get to the back already!” Cole led us to the back of the building.

March 10th, 2017. 11:11 A.M.

We were now outside, within a pretty big field of pretty much nothing but grass. It looked pretty nice, to be honest.

“Alright, you know what to do. I’ll stay back here and if any of you try to escape, a bullet goes through your head.” Cole said as he pulled out a cigarette and lit it, and began smoking.

“Where or what do we even build?” Katrina complained this time. It seems like Cole’s comment on Nick got her riled up.

“You know, just like, a big wall, surrounding the perimeter! You’re not gonna finish with only that amount of wood, you’ll have to go back inside and get some more.” Cole responded.

Katrina shook her head as we all went to the edge of the building. Luckily, the back of the building was the shorter side, so it honestly wasn’t THAT much, but it was still a lot. We began to work for about ten minutes, and Nick was really struggling with this. And it wasn’t amusing Cole.

Cole walked over to us. “Jesus! Are you really this useless? Fredrik isn’t gonna like this. I don’t think he’d have a problem offing you right now.”

Katrina stood up, faster than I can count to one. “Don’t even fucking think about that.”

“What are you? His lover?” Cole laughed.

“She’s my sister, asshole.” Nick responded.

“Hey! Not only are you useless, but you have an attitude too. I’m not gonna put up with this shit. I don’t even want to waste my ammo in my rifle on you, there’s more important things for that.” Cole pulled out his revolver and aimed at Nick.

“NO!” Katrina lunged at Cole again this time, and she managed to get on top of him. “You don’t even think about shooting him!” Katrina grabbed his left hand, and twisted it as much as she can, until a loud crack was heard.

“AHHH!” Cole screamed. “Get off of me, you bitch!” Cole kicked Katrina off of him, and shot her on the left side of her chest. She let out an agonizing scream.

“You little shits!” Cole sprinted to the door as fast as he can, and ran inside, holding his left hand the entire time.

“Kat! Are you alright?! Oh my God!” Nick kneeled beside his sister, as well as most of us from the group.

“No!” Katrina responded in a loud voice. She was in a lot of pain, and she was bleeding very badly.

“No! No! No!” Nick put his hands on his head. I’ve never seen Nick panic like this, I wanted to help him out.

“Calm down, Nick! She’s gonna be fine!” I tried to comfort him as I kneeled beside him.

“I don’t know about that, Tony! What if he shot her in the heart! Oh God!” Nick frantically let out.

“Come on, this is our chance to leave!” Adam reminded us.

“We can’t leave! She can die in a matter of hours! MINUTES!” Nick told Adam. “We need to treat her fast! There’s bound to me medical supplies in there!”

“Nick…” Adam tried to put his hand on Nick’s shoulder, but Nick pushed him away.

“Why would you even think of leaving with her like this!” Nick began to get angry.

“I’m sorry! I wasn’t thinking straight!” Adam stepped away from Nick.

“We gotta get her inside… I can’t carry her! Tony, can you carry her? Please!” Nick begged.

“Of course Nick! She’s gonna be fine, just calm down and relax…” I tried to stop Nick from panicking. Panicking never helps anything.

We all ran inside, and into a nearby room, one of the few rooms that Fredrik claimed to have, and luckily the room wasn’t accompanied by anyone. It was a decent room. However, there was only one bunk bed. I laid Katrina on the bottom bunk, while we all settled in.

“Alright, we need to get medical supplies. We have to sneak in.” Nick announced.

“I’m sorry Nick, but that’s way too risky…” Ryan tried his best to get his words out.

‘It’s not risky! It has to be done!” Nick told Ryan.

“Alright, alright, everyone calm down.” Franklin finally decided to speak on the situation. “I came up with two options… both are risky…”

“Fuck, why is it always two options?!” Nick asked.

“It’s the way it is, Nick.” Franklin told him. “Alright, if we want to save Katrina’s life, we obviously need to find wherever Fredrik keeps his medical supplies… that is, if he even has any…”

“And since we don’t know anything about this place, finding it is going to be tricky. It’s going to take some time. But God only knows how much time Katrina has left. But the bottom line is, we either go now, or tonight. And it’s going to be more than a two man job.” Franklin explained.

“I’m going no matter what.” Nick stated. “Tony, you’re gonna come with me, right?”

“Of course.” I nodded.

“I’m helping.” Adam stepped in.

“You sure? Sorry about flipping out on you before, Adam, I was just…” Nick trailed off.

“Hey, don’t worry about it. I understand.” Adam smiled.

“I can always count on you, bud.” Nick somehow managed to let out a small smile back.

“I want to help, too.” Ryan stated.

“Me three.” Dan raised his hand.

“Five is enough.” Franklin said. “We don’t want to make it too clustered.”

“Yeah, definitely.” Nick nodded.

“Let’s look at our options, here…” Franklin scratched his head. “If we leave now, it’s going to be a lot riskier, since we have a lot bigger chance of getting caught. However, it’s the safest option as far as keeping Katrina alive goes. Now, if we go at night, we have a lot less chance of getting caught, since it will be dark and most people will be sleeping. However, like I said before, we don’t know how much time Katrina will stick it out for. We don’t want to wait too long. Keep in mind that again, like I said before, it will take some time to find since we have no idea this place’s layout. Whenever you guys want to go.”

The five of us thought about it, at least I was sure they were. It was a pretty tough decision, and I spent a lot of time thinking.

[Sneak out now] [Sneak out at night]

• edited July 2015

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit! Not Katrina D: Oh god, I hope she survives this. I'm not even able to insult Cole and Fredrik for this, all I can say is, they and every single member of their fucking community are going to die for that. Gaah, I'm on the edge of my seat right now. Shit, shit, shit, fucking Cole. God damn it, she's far too badass to die like that. Oh, I hope she does not die D:

[Sneak out now]

As Nick said, her wound is severe enough to kill her soon, so they probably don't have much time. She obviously hasn't been shot in the heart or any other vital organ, or else she would be dead by now, but she will probably still bleed to death if they don't treat her wounds. Perhaps she won't survive until nightfall, so they have to try it now.

Damn it, now I'm nervous...

Chapter 5: Part 2 March 10th, 2017. 11:05 A.M. [Give him your real name] “...Tony.” I muttered my name. This guy really wanted to k

• [Sneak out now] Kat! no! Live! Why! I... No!

Great part!

Chapter 5: Part 2 March 10th, 2017. 11:05 A.M. [Give him your real name] “...Tony.” I muttered my name. This guy really wanted to k

• edited July 2015

[Sneak out now]

Damn, Just got there and already someone gets shot.

• [Sneak out now]

Katrina!! No time to waste! Get those supplies and maybe fuck shit up in the process. Gonna have to be extremely lucky though as they don't know the layout. Definitely do not want her to die :(

• edited July 2015

[Sneak out now]

No, Katrina! She is cool and one of my absolute favourite characters, so I hope she survives very much :( There is no time to waste, they have to save her now! I see Dan will be part of the rescue mission :D Maybe he can prove his worth by saving her, that would be awesome

• [Sneak out now]

Shit! Kat can't die!

• edited July 2015

Chapter 5: Part 3

March 10th, 2017. 11:22 A.M.

[Sneak out now]

“We have to sneak out now… we can’t risk waiting and possibly Katrina dying.” I made up my mind for my group.

“You sure?” Franklin asked.

“Yeah…” I assured him.

“Well, let’s not waste time.” Nick stated. “Come on!”

Nick, Adam, Ryan, Dan and I all left the room, and we were now standing in the hallway. There were lots of shelves and objects and such around, so we could hide behind them and take advantage.

“Great, now where do we go?” Adam asked.

“No idea.” Nick responded. “We have no idea where the medical facility is.”

“Should we split up?” Dan suggested.

“Shit, I don’t know…” Nick thought about it. “No, we can’t. We need to stay in communication with each other.”

“He’s right.” Ryan backed him up.

While they were talking, I was searching the entire building while we were behind a large shelf. I saw a few people, no authorities, however. Only fellow survivors. But I wanted to stay out of their sights too, so they don’t tell Fredrik about us.

“What you looking for, Tony? Did you find anything?” Nick asked me.

“No, I didn’t.” I replied truthfully. “I was just looking out to see if the coast was clear.”

“Well, is it?” Nick asked again.

“All I see are other survivors.” I told him.

“Great! Come on, let’s go!” Nick was about to walk out, until I stopped him.

“No, Nick. What if they see us?” I told him again.

“Who cares if they see us? It’s not like we’re not supposed to be anywhere. If these people are walking about freely, then we should be able to too.” Nick pointed out.

You know, he had a point. I actually didn’t know why I was hiding like a secret agent. “I guess you’re right… but they can’t see us stealing.” I said.

“No shit.” Dan stepped in. “Come on, let’s ask them if they know where the medical supplies are.”

“You sure we can just walk up and ask them?” Adam questioned.

“Trust me, I’m sure they hate Fredrik just as much as we do. I’m doing it.” Dan said as he walked out without fear, and approached a nearby survivor. I was able to hear the conversation.

He began to speak to a woman who seemed pretty young, in her 20’s. She had black hair, which was split in two pigtails, and had grey eyes. She was pretty small, and she was also fairly short.

“Hey, how you doing?” Dan asked the woman.

“Shitty.” The woman answered. “You?”

“How come?” Dan ignored the woman’s question.

“Because.” The woman began to reply. “You know Fredrik?”

“Yeah… what about him?” Dan proceeded to ask.

“That fucker killed my friend just yesterday.” The woman spoke. “I still can’t get over it…”

“I’m sorry to hear that…” Dan said softly. “Why did he kill him? Or her?”

“Well, she… she was caught trying to escape. We were supposed to escape together, but she insisted she’d go first, and then… you know…” The woman explained.

“That really sucks.” Dan looked at the woman with sympathy. “But listen, we were just brought here yesterday, and one of Fredrik’s men shot one of our group members, too. And, well… do you happen to know where Fredrik keeps his medical stuff? Well, does he even have any medical supplies?”

“I don’t know, I’m sorry…” The woman responded sadly. “But I know for a fact he has supplies. I just don’t know where they are.”

“Oh, alright… thanks for your help.” Dan said as he began to walk away.

“Wait up!” The woman stood up behind him.

Dan turned around. “Yeah?”

“I want to help.” The woman said bluntly.

“Uh… I guess. We can use the extra hand.” Dan smiled. “I’m Dan.”

“I’m Mina.” The woman introduced herself.

“Nice to meet you, Mina.” Dan said. “Follow me.”

Dan and Mina walked over to us, we were still behind the shelf.

“Who is this?” Nick asked.

“This is Mina.” Dan told Nick. “She’s going to help us.”

“How can we even trust her?” Nick questioned.

“Calm down, man. She hates Fredrik too.” Dan explained.

“It’s okay, I understand, you just met me.” Mina giggled. “But I really do want to help. Especially after he killed my friend…”

“We’re all sorry to hear that.” I spoke for the group.

“Well, Mina here confirmed that there are medical supplies somewhere.” Dan told us.

“Really?” Nick’s face lit up.

“Yep.” Mina smiled. “I don’t know where it is, though.”

“That’s fine.” Nick grinned. “As long as we know, it’s worth the risk.”

“You seem to be concerned.” Mina took note of Nick’s behavior.

“Yeah, my sister was shot.” Nick told Mina.

“Oh…” Mina frowned. “I’m sorry. I really hope we find some stuff to help your sister.”

“Thanks.” Nick said.

“Well, I can tell you, there’s not any certain rooms or areas where we keeps things, he mainly keeps EVERYTHING stashed in this one area… now that I think of it, that’s probably where they are…” Mina explained.

“Really?” Nick’s face lit up again.

“Where is it?” Ryan asked.

“I know where it is. But it’s guarded, we’re gonna need to get a distraction to get the guards riled up.” Mina said.

“I know what to do.” Adam volunteered. “Tony, you still have your pistol, right?”

“You mean Jessie’s?” I chuckled.

“Heh, yeah.” Adam laughed. “But it’s yours now. Give me the gun.”

“What do you need it for?” I asked Adam.

“Just give it. You’ll see.” Adam insisted.

“Alright…” I handed Adam the gun. “Dude, what are you…”

“I’m gonna go somewhere alone and fire the gun. That’ll get everyone coming.” Adam told me.

“Adam, that’s suicidal!” I exclaimed.

“There’s no other way!” Adam sighed. “We just have to do it... I’ll try my best to make it back to the room, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to…”

“Thanks, Adam…” Nick hugged Adam, and so did all of s afterwards.

“Make sure Katrina makes it.” Adam spoke his last words before he ran out of our view, and we heard bullets being fired.

Everyone freaked out, and almost everyone in the building ran to the source of the sound.

“Now’s our time! Come on!” Ryan reminded us, as we all followed Mina to the area that she was talking about. It was unguarded, and it was pretty much the only other room in the entire building.

We opened the door, and rushed inside. We had to get whatever we needed fast, before everyone gets back.

There was lots of junk just spread out on the floor, unorganized. There were some cabinets, but they were practically buried in all of the junk.

“Hurry! We don’t have much time!” Mina warned us, We all searched through the equipment, basically throwing everything all over the place.

“Guys! A medkit!” Ryan called out, as he held up a good sized medkit.

“Nice Ryan!” Nick smiled. “Come on, let’s get out of here!”

All of us left the room as it is, and bolted out of there. Everyone was still freaking out, and we all ran back to our room as fast as we can.

“You’re back!” Franklin exclaimed. “Where’s Adam??”

“Adam…” I trailed off. “That bullet you guys heard, he fired that bullet so he would distract everyone, and we managed to get a medkit.”

“Shit…” Franklin murmured. “And who are you?”

“I’m Mina.” Mina introduced herself.

Franklin looked at Mina, and then spoke. “Alright, hello, Mina. I’m Franklin. Are you…?”

“She’s staying with us. She wants to help us escape.” Nick told everyone.

“Sounds good, I guess. Hopefully she can be trusted.” Franklin said.

“Don’t worry, you can trust me. I want to get out of here just as much as you guys do.” Mina told us.

“Well, what are we waiting for?” Ryan exclaimed. “Let’s help Katrina!”

Everyone ran to Katrina’s side. She was still awake, in pain. Ryan took out the medkit. “Shit, uh… I have no idea what to do with this…”

“Here!” Dylan snatched the medkit from Ryan. “Hopefully there’s a.... yes!” Dylan took out a cotton pad, the things you put over wounds to stop the bleeding.

“Do you know what you're doing?” Nick asked.
    “Kind of… but does anyone know any better?” Dylan took out a thread and needle, and did his best to stitch the small wound. Surprisingly, Katrina remained silent. He then placed the cotton pad over Katrina’s wound, and took the medical tape and put it over the cotton pad. “That should stop the bleeding. But there’s not much more we can do.”

“It’s fine… I can get through it, I guess…” Katrina muttered. “Thanks, guys.”

“Do you feel fine?” Nick asked.

“I guess, just a bit dizzy from the blood loss, that’s all.” Katrina put her hand on her head.

“Get some rest, Kat.” Nick told his sister.

Katrina obeyed, and laid down.

“Well, now what?” Tom asked.

“I don’t know if we should stay in here.” Mina said.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Because, Fredrik might come in here and ask us about all of the commotion, since we’re the only ones not doing anything.” Mina explained.

“What do you think is best?” Franklin asked.

“I don’t know… it’s your guys decision.” Mina crossed her arms.

[Stay in the room] [Leave the room]

• [Leave the room]

Chapter 5: Part 3 March 10th, 2017. 11:22 A.M. [Sneak out now] “We have to sneak out now… we can’t risk waiting and possibly Katrin

• edited July 2015

Phew, I just let out a huge sigh of relief for Katrina. That was a close call for her, but I'm more than glad that she's still alive. I had the feeling that Dan could be essential for her survival and I'm glad I wasn't wrong here. I'm a bit worried for Adam now though, I got a bad feeling for him. That was something very, very brave from him and likely saved Kat's life, so I hope that he hasn't paid for it with his own life.

[Stay in the room]

I'm not sure if leaving the room will stop Fredrik from questioning them. Perhap he caught Adam and already knows about what they did. However, if they leave the room, I guess they have to leave Katrina behind and I don't even want to imagine what Fredrik and Cole might do if they find her alone and with her wound suspiciously patched up.

Chapter 5: Part 3 March 10th, 2017. 11:22 A.M. [Sneak out now] “We have to sneak out now… we can’t risk waiting and possibly Katrin

• [Stay in the room]

I think it's still to big of a risk to move Kat.

Great part!

• [Stay in the room]

Unfortunately, neither option has any real advantage. Staying with Katrina though is a good plan for now. Just thinking they're gonna find the wound patched up and therefore know the group stole supplies too.

• [Stay in the room]

If they come in and try to harm Katrina at least she'll have backup this way.

• [Stay in the room]

As the others have said it is too dangerous to move Katrina or especially to leave her alone. Its very awesome that they saved her life but they have to keep an eye on her now.

• [Stay in the room]

• edited July 2015

Chapter 5: Part 4

March 10th, 2017. 11:46 A.M.

[Stay in the room]

“I think we should just stay in the room. I wouldn’t wanna leave Katrina like this alone with Fredrik running about.” I spoke for the group.

“He’s right.” Nick immediately sided with me.

“Alright then.” Mina placed her hands on her lap. “I just hope that they don’t find that we broke into that room.”

Suddenly, the noise coming from outside stopped. Was the commotion over already?”

“What happened?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” Mina replied. “I guess everything got settled.”

“They must have caught Adam.” I said uneasily.

Eric slammed his fist against the wall. “Fuck!”

“Calm down, Eric.” Franklin told him. “He can very well be alive.”

“Still!” Eric retorted. “I just… I just know things are gonna get worse here. This is gonna be like Ashton’s community but ten times worse.”

“...Hopefully we can take down Fredrik faster than we took down Ashton.” Franklin said softly.

“Listen, uh… sorry to burst your bubble, but you guys aren’t gonna take down Fredrik. I don’t know who this Ashton guy is, but Fredrik will put up a fight for anything.” Mina informed us.

“Ugh!” Eric got angry again. “Why can’t we just leave right now? It doesn’t seem like anyone is paying attention!”

“Are you stupid?! There’s men all over out there! No matter what’s going on, the place is always being monitored.” Mina got snappy.

“Don’t call me stupid.” Eric gazed at Mina. “We were only here for an hour or two.”

“I’m sorry… I just, you don’t understand.” Mina sat against the wall.

All of a sudden, a familiar face barged into the room. It was Cole.

“Alright, punk asses. Get out here now!” Cole demanded. His hand was bandaged.

“Excuse me.” Katrina snapped. “I can’t go out there because, uh… YOU SHOT ME?”

“My bad.” Cole sarcastically said. That pissed me off. “You can stay. I need people who can work, anyway. Might as well have your lousy brother stay with you.”

“You think I’m lousy, huh?” Nick stood up to Cole.

“Yeah, I do. Based off what I’ve seen.” Cole told Nick.

“What do you want me to do? I’ll do anything.” Nick said, with a straight face.

A smile slowly began to occupy Cole’s face. “Alrighty, then… all of you, follow me!”

We all followed Cole to a rather empty area of the building. “See all of that shit over there?” He pointed to a large pile of lots of iron and metal supplies. “I want you to build another one of these big ass shelves.”

“Are you kidding me?” Dom said in a very loud voice.

“Don’t get all snappy.” Cole laughed. “Not you guys. Him.” He pointed to Nick. “And him only!”

“Sir…” I began to say, before Cole cut me off.

“Sir? Ha! I like that. But I’m not your leader. Fredrik is. Now call me by my name, I have one for a fucking reason.” Cole laughed again.

“Cole…” I said in an angry tone. “You can’t make him to all of this work alone.”

“Hey, it’s not my fault. He volunteered to do anything. And he’s gonna do it, whether ANY of you like it or not!” Cole yelled.

“It’s okay guys, I can handle it…” Nick trailed off.

“See? He can handle it.” Cole crossed his arms. “Now I want the rest of you to… uh… I don’t know! Just do something to help the place!”

“Like what?” Eric asked.

“I don’t know! Just… do something! And if I see ANY of you helping that prick over there, you WILL be reported to Fredrik!” Cole stomped away.

“Fuck him! What the hell are we supposed to do?” Dom asked.

“I have no idea… best to just look for something though.” I suggested.

“Whatever. Shit makes no sense.” Dom walked away by himself.

“For real.” Dan shook his head. “I guess let’s all just look for something to do.” He walked away as well.

I decided to walk around by myself, I really had no idea what to do. Cole barely gave us any instructions. I looked around. I saw other survivors not doing anything. Why did we have to? I doubt that Cole really meant what he did. I think he just wants poor Nick to work on that shelf by himself.

I just walked around for at least fifteen minutes, exploring the place. It was really big. At least I have a somewhat image of the place’s layout.

However, at the corner of my eye, I noticed something. I saw two people standing behind a shelf, pretty much hidden from everyone else, and heard a kiss. Uh… okay then. I guess it was a boy and a girl. I decided to just let them be, but as I walked away, I saw something that I couldn’t ignore.

The people that were behind the shelf were people I knew. It was Ashley and Ryan, they were hugging. Wait, what? I thought Ashley was with Dom? Did they get into a fight or something that I didn’t know of? No, they couldn’t have. We would have all know. What was going on?

I decided to let it be, and not get too tied into it. Maybe they weren’t really together… but I heard that kiss before. Was Ashley… cheating on Dom? Should I tell Dom or something? So many questions ran through my mind.

As I was pondering my thoughts, I hand grabbed my by the shoulder.

“Tony! Are you alright?” Santiago’s voice came from behind me.

I shook my head and snapped out of my trance. I turned around and faced Santiago. “Santiago? What are you doing here? Why aren’t you with your dad?”

“Well, uh… he’s right over there, talking to Gaston about something. He didn’t want me to hear, so he told me to walk over here. I didn’t see you here.” Santiago pointed to Marino and Gaston, who were about fifty feet away, behind another shelf, but they weren’t hidden like Ashley and Ryan were.

“Oh, well… oh.” I stuttered.

“Are you okay? Did anything happen?” He asked me.

“Yeah, I’m fine… thanks for asking.” I told him.

“Your welcome...” Santiago frowned.

“Hey kid, what’s wrong?” I asked him.

“I don’t know… just look around… nothing's the same anymore… we’re being ruled by basically a dictator. I’ve lost my mom and my sister… I thought life was bad before all of this.” Santiago told me.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked the upset Santiago.

“Well… nothing much. I was just bullied, that’s all.” He explained to me. That’s when I remembered my conversation with Lorlin and Marino back at Ashton’s. I remembered how he tried to commit suicide three times. Thinking about that, I’m surprised he was still here today.

“Oh… well, I’m sorry to hear. And I’m sorry for everything you’ve lost. I can’t imagine being thirteen years old and going through all of that.” I felt sympathy for him.

“I don’t know how I managed to get through it. But I’ll tell you one thing, it sure as heck wasn’t easy. Not easy at all.” Santiago told me.

“Alright, Santiago!” Marino called out his name.

“I gotta go.” Santiago turned around. “Nice talking to you.”

“You too.” I waved goodbye to him. He was a nice kid.

“Tony!” I heard Ashley’s voice call out all of a sudden. “I, uh… didn’t know you were there.”

“Yeah, I was.” Not gonna lie, I was kind of mad at her. But then again, I didn’t really know anything, and I shouldn’t make any assumptions.

“Well, um… I gotta go do something over there. Bye.” She walked away from me at a fast pace. Something fishy was definitely going on. I wonder where Ryan went.

I was about to call out Ashley’s name and confront her, but I didn’t know if that was the best idea. I thought about it. I didn’t know if I should tell Dom about it or not. I guess I can tell Tom, since he is closest to Dom after all. But knowing him, I don’t know if he’d be able to keep a secret. I don’t even know if Ryan knows about Ashley’s relationship with Dom. Should I tell him? God, I feel like I’m in a soap opera. This was ridiculous, but it’s best to not cause feuding between the group, and something had to be done.

[Confront Ashley] [Confront Ryan] [Tell Dom] [Tell Tom] [Say nothing]

• Okay, I never thought I would ever say this, but Cole makes me honestly miss Jessie. At least Jessie was just a scumbag extraordinaire, but Cole is outright malicious and so much worse on every level. I now think that he is pretty much trying to murder Nick passively by causing him to overwork himself, after Katrina gave him a stark reminder why he shouldn't try it actively. Someone, preferrably Katrina (for the biggest amount of karmic justice), has to put a bullet right in his head. I mean, I would say someone should shoot his dick off first, but I doubt there is anyone in the group who would be able to hit such a small target.

[Confront Ashley]

If Ashley is indeed cheating on Dom (and let's be honest, it's looking like that), then that is not cool from her. However, she deserves the chance to explain herself. On top of that, one of Dom's most obvious flaws is his aggression problem. While I don't think that he would hurt Ashley in his rage, I doubt that Ryan would get a free pass on this, so for his sake Ashley better has a good explanation.

Chapter 5: Part 4 March 10th, 2017. 11:46 A.M. [Stay in the room] “I think we should just stay in the room. I wouldn’t wanna leave

Sign in to comment in this discussion.