The Walking Dead Interactive FanFiction: A New Life

Comments

• [Confront Ashley]

I rather not stomp on a hornets nest by telling Dom about this. Ryan will probably just give some cover up story or something like that. I think getting Ashley's side first is a good idea.

Great part!

Partition posted: »

Chapter 5: Part 4 March 10th, 2017. 11:46 A.M. [Stay in the room] “I think we should just stay in the room. I wouldn’t wanna leave

• edited July 2015

[Tell Dom]

I am interested on seeing what could happen

Chapter 5: Part 4 March 10th, 2017. 11:46 A.M. [Stay in the room] “I think we should just stay in the room. I wouldn’t wanna leave

• [Confront Ashley]

If this were to carry on and Dom finds out... It's best to explain herself now than explain to Ryan and Dom when the group is in deep shit.

Aside from this, am I the only one who realises that Cole has sneakily separated Katrina from the group? :o

• edited July 2015

Aside from this, am I the only one who realises that Cole has sneakily separated Katrina from the group? :o

I have noticed it too, but I have assumed that Cole is currently too busy with supervising the group and the other people on the outside, so that he can make sure that no one is helping Nick. He is better not even thinking about doing anything to her D:

[Confront Ashley] If this were to carry on and Dom finds out... It's best to explain herself now than explain to Ryan and Dom when the gr

• [Confront Ashley]

Have they really just left Katrina alone? I hope they check on her occasionally or at least keep an eye on that asshole Cole.

• [Confront Ashley]

Better to talk to her about it before Dom.

• edited August 2015

Chapter 5: Part 5

March 10th, 2017. 12:14 P.M.

[Confront Ashley]

“Wait, Ashley!” I called out to her.

She stopped walking all of a sudden, and then slowly turned around. “Yeah?”

I approached her. “Um… I kind of saw you hugging and KISSING Ryan back there.”

“What?” Ashley clearly pretended to be confused.

“Don’t act dumb.” I flat out told her.

Ashley shook her head in disgrace, and then confessed. “Yeah, you caught me…”

“Did you break up with Dom?” I asked her.

“Um… no…” Ashley replied nervously.

“What?!” I got a bit angry. “Why would you do that to him? How could you fall for another guy?”

“I don’t know! I just… kind of fell off with Dom. And I was just upset one night when everyone was asleep, and Ryan woke up and comforted me. I felt like… he was the one.” Ashley explained.

“The hell? When was this? How long has this been going on for?” I asked.

“Only the past three days…” Ashley told me.

“Jesus!” I threw my arms up in the air. “You gotta tell Dom eventually!” I told her.

“I know… I know… I’m just… afraid…” Ashley responded.

“You can’t be!” I said. “Does Ryan know about Dom?”

“I don’t think so.” Ashley replied. “God, I’m so fucked…”

“Yeah, you are.” I told her. I wasn’t getting involved in any of this, and I was pretty pissed.

“What am I gonna do?!?!?” Ashley started to get worried. “I like Dom but I think I wanna stay with Ryan… I feel more attached to him.”

“Well, then you gotta tell Dom! You can’t just do this without telling him!” I told her.

“Tell me about what?” Dom’s voice was heard from behind us, out of no where. Great, of all times. Just my luck.

“Uh… nothing.” I spoke for Ashley.

Dom narrowed his eyes. “You think I’m dumb, Tony? Tell me what’s going on.”

I looked at Ashley, and nodded. Ashley looked at me with a puzzled face, and then faced Dom. “I’ll tell you later Dom… I’d rather it just be me and you alone.”

“You promise?” Dom’s eyes were back to normal.

“Yes, of course… we can talk about it right now. Let’s go.” Ashley walked Dom behind another shelf, and they walked away. I had no idea if Ashley was gonna tell Dom the truth or not.

I decided to continue exploring the place, until I felt a tap on my shoulder. “Yo, Tony.” Looks like I can’t be left alone for a little bit today.

I turned around to see Steve standing in front of me. “Hey, Steve.”

“Listen.” Steve was fast to talk. “I’m gonna kill that fucker Cole.”

“Woah woah woah, take it easy there man.” I told him. “You’re gonna get yourself killed!”

“I don’t care.” Steve grumbled. “After what he did to all of us? Making Nick work alone was the last straw. It’ll weaken Fredrik and we’ll be able to take over.”

“Wait, why don’t you just want to kill Fredrik?” I asked.

“Because.” Steve crossed his arms. “It’s not that easy to take down the leader. He’s always protected and I don’t have a gun, only a knife I found outside.”

“Hold on, I have a-” I began to say as I reached into my back pocket to pull out my pistol, but it wasn’t there. “Shit! I forgot, I gave my gun to Adam so he can cause a distraction so we can save Katrina.”

“Damn.” Steve sighed. “Oh well, guess knife it is. Wanna come?”

“Wait, you’re going right now?!” I asked him, shocked.

“Yep. This is the best time, I know how-” Steve began to tell me but was cut off by Cole’s loud voice in the distance. Speak of the devil.

“Shit, where’s that coming from?” I questioned.

“Over here!” Steve exclaimed, as the both of us walked at a fast pace to wherever Cole was. We didn’t want to make it seem like we were in a hurry for something.

We found Cole scolding Tom and Nick, who was still working on that shelf. What was Tom doing there?”

“I fucking told you, NO ONE helps him!” Cole had grabbed the collar of Tom’s shirt, and pulled him closer to himself.

Tom was shaking in fear. “I-I’m sorry!”

“NO fucking sorries! None of that bullshit! I gave you an order, and you didn’t follow!” Cole screamed in Tom’s face.

This drew a crowd to the scene, including my entire group.

“HEY!” Dom shouted. “Let him go, you piece of shit!”

“Oh, you want me to let him go?” Cole laughed. “I’ll let him go! After I KILL him!”

Cole pulled out his gun, and aimed it at Tom’s forehead. However, right as he was about to pull the trigger, Steve intervened.

“NO!” Steve shouted, as he charged at Cole, and tackled him to the ground. As Cole was falling to the ground, he pulled the trigger, and shot aimlessly. And out of all people to get shot, the bullet entered little Gaston’s stomach.

Gaston fell to the ground, crying in pain.

“NO! GASTON!!!” Marino kneeled beside the wounded Gaston, who was bleeding badly, and crying hysterically. He couldn’t even get a word out. Santiago began to cover his face and sob.

Almost the entire crowd focused their attention on Gaston. I wanted to see what was going on, but as all of this was happening, I was distracted by Steve and Cole wrestling away from everyone.

“You... fucking… piece… of… SHIT!” Steve shouted as loud as he can, as he dug the knife into Cole’s abdomen.

“GAAAHHHHH!!” Cole screeched in pain. “Fuck…. you…….. you………” Cole’s voice faded away. He was dead.

Right as that happened, Fredrik and a few other men stomped their way to the scene. “What the FUCK is going on?!?!” He yelled.

Everyone faced Fredrik, and dispersed from Gaston, except his family, of course.

“What happened to....” Fredrik began to say, but he turned to see Cole’s dead body, and Steve still on top of him.

“YOU!” Fredrik called out to Steve, furious. Steve got up from Cole’s body, and faced Fredrik.

Steve stared at Fredrik for a bit, before he finally charged at Fredrik as well. But before he can even reach him, Fredrik pulled out a handgun and shot Steve right in the head.

“STEVE!!” Most of our group screamed.

“That’s what you get, you piece of shit!” Fredrik kicked Steve’s body. “Check on him!” Fredrik ordered his men to check on Cole.

“What’s going on over here?!” Fredrik made his way to Gaston, who was now silent, and Marino laid over him. Santiago remained crying, not even bothering to look.

Fredrik looked at Gaston and Marino. “Get the fuck up!” Fredrik kicked Marino as hard as he can, and Marino stumbled backwards.

Fredrik kneeled down to examine Gaston, and then stood back up. “He’s dead.”

With those words, Marino stood back up, and punched Fredrik right in the face. “FUCK YOU!”

Fredrik aimed his gun at Marino and was about to shoot again, but Marino flung the handgun out of his hands.

“MEN!” Fredrik shouted, and before Marino could lay another hand on Fredrik, he was restrained by his men. “Take him to the chamber.”

“Yes, sir!” The men all said in unison, and dragged Marino away.

“DAD!! NOOO!” Santiago overheard them and now faced reality, his face was completely doused in tears.

“Shut up, kid! You want a bullet in your head, too?” Fredrik threatened him.

Santiago sniffled, and sat back down and began to sob in his hands again.

“DISPERSE!” Fredrik shouted. Everyone obeyed, and as our group was about to leave, Fredrik stopped us. “Oh, you guys, you guys stay!”

Fredrik turned and picked up his handgun again, and aimed it at us. Luckily, it was only him now. All of his men were taking Marino to the chamber, whatever that was. I hoped to God that it wasn’t as bad as it sounded.

I looked at Gaston’s dead body, and shed a tear. The boy was seven years old… he was so fun and cute. Poor kid. He deserved so much better. At least he wasn't suffering anymore.

Then I looked at Steve. Although I didn’t shed a tear this time, I was still extremely upset. I wasn’t extremely close to Steve, but he did something for the sake of the group. I thank him for that.

“Get the fuck up! Jesus Christ, do you not listen?!” Fredrik shouted in Santiago’s face.

Santiago stood up, and took his hands off his face again. He looked at the ground the entire time, and didn’t speak a word.

“Now… just before all of this.... I found my storage area busted open. And I know it wasn’t anyone else staying here. I heard about what Cole did to that bitch in your group, and the only thing that was missing was medical stuff. I know it was you guys.” Fredrik spoke, and I felt a chill travel down my spine. He caught us.

“Now… I want whoever is responsible for this, to speak the fuck up right now.” Fredrik demanded.

No one answered.

“Hmmm.... interesting. Let me speculate here. I learned from Cole that you’re that bitch’s brother… willing to speak?” Fredrik approached Nick.

Nick made an angry face, and then spoke. “You know what? I know who it was.”

“Fantastic.” Fredrik smiled. “Now tell me, who was it?”

Nick looked to the ground, and then back up at Fredrik. He was obviously going to tell Fredrik that he did it. Oh no… I couldn’t let Nick do that. I mean, it’s the truth, but it was a few of us that broke in. I definitely didn’t want to throw anyone else under the bus, but should I take the blame? I really didn’t want to get myself into any trouble… but I don’t know what could happen to Nick. Or even myself, if I blame myself.

[Take the blame] [Let Nick take the blame]

• edited August 2015

[Take the blame]

Chapter 5: Part 5 March 10th, 2017. 12:14 P.M. [Confront Ashley] “Wait, Ashley!” I called out to her. She stopped walking all of

• edited August 2015

Holy shit! Holy shit! I wasn't expecting either of the events in this part. First of all, poor Gaston, he was too young to die. And poor Marino, I really feel for the guy ;_; Of course, I knew Cole was horrible, but that he would kill a child, accidental or not... I'm relieved he is dead, even though I haven't thought it would happen so soon. Piece of shit got exactly what he deserved only far less painful. But Steve was fantastic this part and his sudden and unexpected death saddens me. I disliked him at first, but he was clearly the best guy ever in the end and he proved it with his last actions.

Also, I see Fredrik called Kat a bitch not once, but twice in this part... oh, this poor guy doesn't even realize how dead he is now, does he?

[Take the blame]

First of all, taking the blame would be something very, very brave. Fredrik is clearly the most dangerous foe they ever encountered. There is no way to tell what he would do to Nick, but killing him is a strong possibility. We know, he won't kill Tony, who is our PoV after all. Further, Nick is already in a bad shape, so wounds Tony could survive would be more likely to kill him. On top of that, if Nick gets punished, there's no guarantee that Fredrik won't punish Katrina too, something like the messed-up kin liability punishments the nazis did to whole families. I mean, I really hope that he won't go there, but Fredrik clearly proved that he is unpredictable as hell above everything else, so I think it's definitely in the realms possibility that he would do something like that. Finally, even if she gets out of it unpunished, Kat would be heartbroken if Fredrik would kill Nick and well, I don't want to do that to her.

Chapter 5: Part 5 March 10th, 2017. 12:14 P.M. [Confront Ashley] “Wait, Ashley!” I called out to her. She stopped walking all of

• [Take the blame]

Gosh, these people are just horrible.

Great part!

• [Take the blame]

• [Take the blame]

Oh god, so much death :( and the kid too? How does this place function!? If all Fredrik's men are like Cole, the group has a serious problem.

Of course we'll take the blame, POV shield lol. We won't die, but I fear what he could do to Tony. But Nick's badly hurt. Just gotta hope Fredrik buys it... Unless he has Adam captured too!

• [Take the blame]

Have to be brave and take the blame.

• [Take the blame]

RIP Gaston and Steve :( Damn Fredrik and Cole!

By the way am I the only one who sees the possibility for Tony dying here? I hope not but I am also not sure if his POV shield will protect him in this situation. But this is still the right decision, because I guess that Nick will be in even bigger trouble if he takes the blame.

• Chapter 5: Part 6

March 10th, 2017. 12:38 P.M.

[Take the blame]

“It was me.” I interrupted Nick.

Everyone turned to me, shocked. Even Fredrik seemed to be surprised. He began to approach me.

“Hmmm…. you claim you have committed this crime?” Fredrik asked me.

“Yes.” I nodded.

“...Why don’t I believe you?” Fredrik asked.

“You tell me.” I crossed my arms. “Your friend shot our friend.” I looked at Cole’s body.

Fredrik gave me an angry glare. “Cole? Well… I’m sure he had a reason to shoot a bitch…”

I didn’t know how Nick managed to stay calm and collected through all of this. I certainly couldn’t. “Call her that one more time…”

“Ha!” Fredrik laughed. “Are you… YOU… threatening me? At my own place! You’re one funny person!”

I ignored his comment and stared at him.

“Oh, I see… you’re gonna play tough. Let’s see how ‘tough’ you are…” Fredrik said, and then out of nowhere, punched me right in the face.

I fell to the ground, seeing stars. That was the hardest punch I’ve ever felt. It hurt so much. I couldn’t even make a noise.

“Take his ass to the chamber.” I heard Fredrik’s voice. Right after, a few more men picked me up and carried me somewhere. I couldn’t even fight back. I was so out of it from the punch, I felt helpless. They kept carrying me, away from the group. They took me outside, and opened a secret trap door. They literally threw me down there, about fifteen feet down, against hard concrete. Ouch…

“Tony!” I heard Adam’s voice. He ran to my side. “What happened?”

“I…. guhh…..” I was still super dazed.

“Wake up, man!” Adam shook me.

The shaking actually helped. “Dude, stop!” I told him.

“Sorry… you were out of it. What happened?” He asked.

Before I answered his question, I looked around to see where I was. It was pretty small, just a single room, pretty much entirely made of stone, we might as well be in the medieval era. There was nothing down here, other than Adam. I also saw Marino, his back against the wall, staring at the other wall. He looked super fierce. But he wasn’t doing anything. I couldn’t imagine what he was going through. The three of us were the only people who were down there…. who were alive. There were bodies of dead people laying around. This place was disgusting…

“Hello? Tony?” Adam asked again.

I shifted my attention towards Adam. “Adam… Steve and Gaston… they’re dead…”

“...What?! You can’t be serious… please tell me you’re kidding…” Adam responded in complete shock.

“I’m not kidding… I wish I was… Fredrik asked us who broke into that room and took his medical supplies… Nick was about to confess but I jumped in and helped him…” I explained.

“Damn… that’s brave, Tony…” Adam praised me.

“Thanks… I couldn’t let Nick die.” I told him. “What is even… what is this place?”

“My guess is as good as yours.” Adam told me. “They found me firing bullets into the air before, and they just threw me down here. I wasn’t the only one… that guy, over there…” Adam pointed to a dead body. “He was alive. But after they threw me down here, they shot him and killed him. I don’t know why… it was terrible.”

“Damn… this place is bad…” I muttered.

“I know.... they just threw down Marino about five minutes ago… he hasn’t said a word since…” Adam told me.

“The fuck do you expect me to say…” Marino said out of nowhere.

“Oh… I don’t mean that you have to say anything, just… I just learned about… you know…” Adam stuttered.

“We need to get out of here.” Marino stated the obvious, ignoring Adam.

“How the hell do we get out of here?” I questioned.

“I’ve been thinking the entire time…” Marino told us.

“I’m so sorry, Marino… for everything you’re going through…” Adam felt sympathy for Marino.

“Hey… it’s the world we live in now… I’ve just learned to accept it… of course, it’s so painful… but I’ve lost almost my entire family. Lorlin, Lucia, now Gaston… Santiago is the only one I have left.” Marino said in a soft tone.

“I have no idea how I’d be able to handle all of that… I’m just…. I’m sorry…” Adam apologized again.

“I heard you the first time.” Marino stated.

“I know, just still…” Adam trailed off.

“You don’t know. If you keep apologizing, you’re just gonna keep reminding me of it. I appreciate the support, but I… I just heard enough.” Marino told Adam.

“I know, I understand…” Adam mumbled.

I was about to apologize, too, but I realized that it probably wasn’t the best idea to upset Marino again.

We were silent for about a minute, until the silence was broken by Adam. “They’re gonna kill us.”

“How do you know?” I asked.

“Just… look around, Tony.” Adam told me. “Everyone down here is dead. We’re just waiting for our deaths. This is like the line for our death. Either way, we’re gonna die…”

“Don’t talk like that.” I said. “We can make it out of here.”

“How?” Adam asked.

I got up, and looked up at where the door was. I couldn’t get out myself. But I thought of something.

“Hey... “ I snapped. “I think we may be able to escape. If we just… stand on each other’s shoulders, I’m sure we can get at least one of us outta here.”

“Hey… you’re right!” Adam’s face lit up. Marino seemed to be doubtful.

“Yeah… just for example, Adam can get on my shoulders, then Marino can get out Adam’s. He can knock open the door and escape. I didn’t see a lock on it or anything.” I explained. “Then, I think Marino would be able to reach Adam’s hand and pull him out.”

“I guess that sounds fine…” Adam crossed his arms. “How do we know it’s not being guarded or something?”

“I doubt that.” Marino jumped in. “When they threw me down here, there was absolutely no one there. Judging off of the secrecy of this place, I doubt there would be guards, it would give the position away.”

Marino had a point. This was obviously kept secret, and if there were guards just standing out there, everyone would know something was up.

“Wait… Tony, you’re plan… not all of us can escape.” Adam stated, upset.

“Damn… you’re right…” I shook my head.

“There’s no other way.” Marino said. “I’ll get on the bottom.”

“Marino…” Adam began to say.

“No questions. You guys need to do this. You guys need to end Fredrik. Look at me. I’m a mess. I can’t continue. I’ll keep losing everything I have…” Marino lashed out.

“You still have Santiago…” I told Marino.

“I know I do…” Marino put his hand on his face. “But I’m not mentally fit for all of this. You guys have a better chance at stopping Fredrik than me. And if that means saving my son’s life, so be it.”

“Marino! You can’t just do that… think about how Santiago will feel... “ Adam was upset. “I’ll do it.”

“No, Adam…” Marino stopped him. “Please… just do this for me… I know you guys are a better team. I want you to kill Fredrik can get outta there. Keep my son safe…”

“I’m not letting you do that!” Adam rose his voice. “I have NO family left at all. I don’t have anyone! I got nothing to lose!”

You know, Adam had a point… he had no family left. It was sad, but true. But Adam has been in the group forever… everyone was close to him.

“You don’t understand, Adam. You’re a fighter. You can make it through this. Like I said before, just look at me. I’m a big mess. I can’t handle it anymore. I want my last deed to be helping you guys… and saving my son…” Marino explained.

Adam put his hands on his head. “God… everything is fucked up!”

“Stop, guys…” I interrupted.

“Tony, don’t even think about staying down here. You’re the most needed.” Adam told me.

“Then who the hell is gonna stay down here? SOMEONE has to!” I shook my head as well. This was a bad situation, there was no happy ending out of this.

“I told you guys, I’m staying!” Marino rose his voice.

“No, I’m going to!” Adam rose his voice as well.

They weren’t gonna stop fighting. Of course, it came to me… I had to let one of my friends sacrifice themselves for us, leaving them to rot down here… who knows if they can make it out or not. But I had to do something now…

[Let Marino sacrifice] [Let Adam sacrifice]

• [Let Marino sacrifice]

Chapter 5: Part 6 March 10th, 2017. 12:38 P.M. [Take the blame] “It was me.” I interrupted Nick. Everyone turned to me, shocked.

• edited August 2015

[Let Adam sacrifice]

I don't know.... I just don't. But now I do. Marino has family. Ohana means family. Occupy Telltale Forums.

Chapter 5: Part 6 March 10th, 2017. 12:38 P.M. [Take the blame] “It was me.” I interrupted Nick. Everyone turned to me, shocked.

• [Let Marino sacrifice]

I don't even know how to choose. This is a very tough choice...

• [Let Adam sacrifice] Marino has a son!

• Oh, are we actually making this call!?

[Let Marino sacrifice]

I really don't know... It's a tough call. Neither option is gonna have a happy outcome. Hopefully Santiago can understand his father's sacrifice :(

• edited August 2015

This was an awesome part again. The choice at the end, I can't even D:

The room in general however is a lot less bad than I thought. Of course, it's still a secret prison/execution chamber and extremely creepy, so you can probably guess how bad I thought it was. I'm relieved that it's at least not that bad and that apparently there is even a way out for Tony and one of his friends at least, putting them in a situation where they could potentially save the rest of the group. I'm also very relieved that it wasn't Nick who took the blame, as his wounds would have likely prevented him from aiding Adam and Marino in escaping.

On another note, Fredrik's bitch-counter rises to three. That guy really has a death wish, hasn't he? Jessie and Cole both managed to call Katrina a bitch only once before they met their well-deserved fate (of course, in Cole's case there was the whole shooting at her thing involved as well), so this can't end well for him. It's great to see the "Call her that one more time"-line coming from Tony though, because that was literally what I was thinking while reading it :D

[Let Adam sacrifice]

I am simply picking this choice to create a tie. Let the next voter decide, because I can't do it. This choice took me a long while to decide and I have to say, it is quite probably the hardest so far. I mean, there have been a lot of hard choices, but with a bit of thinking most of the choices so far had one option that sounded slightly better than the other one. Here? Not so much. Adam would be the more pragmatic choice. He is a survivor, with a stable mindset, not afraid to risk his life for others. I am also very thankful for his role in saving Katrina's life. Marino on the other hand is in despair and I don't know if he has any will left to carry on. However, the reason why I'm not picking him to stay behind is that Marino still has one child left and poor Santiago deserves better than loosing all of his family in such a short time. Then again, I feel almost indebted to Adam for what he did, so I also don't hope that he will end up sacrificing himself. Actually, I hope that they will be able to save whomever stays behind now, but I fear what Fredrik will do to this person as soon as he finds out.

• Now I have to break the tie for such a hard choice? Awww, come on :(

[Let Marino sacrifice]

Choosing to leave him behind is the more pragmatic choice. Adam could be more useful when it comes to save the rest of the group. But damn, I dont want to make this choice. Hopefully they will be able to save him after killing Fredrik, because I feel very sad for Santiago if Marino dies here.

• Hey guys, I don't know if you noticed, but today, this story turned 6 months old. I honestly can't believe this story is half a year old already. I've already had so many memories writing this story and I just can't thank you all enough for all of your support. As you know in the description, I was a bit nervous when I first started this story. In the chapter 1 days (Heh, anyone even remember those?), I was nervous whenever I put out a part, nervous for the reception it would get, nervous is wouldn't get any votes or anything. Now, I'm always extremely eager to put out a new part for you guys and just love writing in general. Again, thanks for everything. Now, only 6 more months to go for the one year mark! Anyway, enjoy the next part!

Chapter 5: Part 7

March 10th, 2017. 12:51 P.M.

[Let Marino sacrifice]

“Adam… he wants to do it. Just let him.” I reluctantly spoke.

“But…” Adam trailed off.

“No buts.” Marino stopped him. “This is for the best… trust me. Get on my shoulders.”

Adam looked at Marino with a saddened expression, and climbed onto his shoulders.

“Alright… hurry up now.” Marino grunted.

I did my best to climb on top of Adam’s shoulders. It was not easy at all. I failed a couple of times, but I managed to get a good footing. I could hear Marino breathing heavily.

“Come on…!” Marino groaned.

I pushed open the trap door, and climbed out. I reached for Adam’s hand, and pulled him up. I looked down in the chamber, and Marino was down there, alone, looking up at us.

“Alright, guys… I know you can get out of here. Kill Fredrik and Tony… if I don’t make it out alive, please take care of my son. Tell him I love him… and thanks for all your help and everything you’ve done. Death is inevitable in these kind of days… now go!” Those were Marino’s last words before he walked away into the chamber, out of sight. We had to leave fast. I closed the trap door.

“Shit, man…” Adam sighed. “I can’t believe we did that…”

“There was no other way…” I sighed as well. “Trust me, this isn’t any easier for me.”

“Come on, let’s get back to our group....” Adam began to walk to the door.

“Wait.” I stopped Adam. “We can’t let them see us. If they find out we escaped, they’ll kill us.”

“Crap… you’re right.” Adam came to his senses. “Then how the hell are we gonna get inside?”

I looked around, no one was around. We can actually escape right now if we wanted. But there was no way we were leaving our group behind.

“Well, let’s just…” I began to say, until one of Fredrik’s men came outside. Of course. Only my luck.

“Mike, you out here?” The man turned to us. “Wait… you’re not Mike. Who the… aren’t you supposed to be in the chamber?” He yelled.

“Uh…” I had no idea what to say.

“FREDRIK!” The man called, and aimed his gun at us. “Don’t fucking move.”

In a matter of about fifteen seconds, Fredrik walked outside. He stared at us. “How in the… get your asses back in the chamber!”

“I’m not going back in that shit hole.” Adam spoke.

Fredrik turned to Adam. “You’re asking to be killed, you know that? Never have I fucking met disobedient people like you!”

“How about you let us go?” Adam gave him an angry smile.

“How about, I take you fuckers…” Fredrik lifted both of us up from the ground, holding us by our shirts.

“And I throw you back in here…” Fredrik literally threw us in the building.

“And we all look out for you more than we ever had before. We need more people for work, you’re lucky I’m even keeping you alive. You’re lucky I’m keeping ANY of your group alive. But one more screw-up, you’re fucking dead!” Fredrik yelled. “Now go back to your lousy squad, and I left one of my new men to monitor you and order you extra work! GO!”

Fredrik stomped away, and we reluctantly went back to where all the shit went down just before. My group was still there, but as Fredrik said, there was a man watching over them. He turned around and faced us. “Who the hell are you clowns?”

“Fredrik ordered us to help you with this. We’re with them.” I told the man.

“The more the fucking merrier. Yipee. Just get in line.” The man kept his gun aimed at us the entire time. We got in line.

“Alright, well, this shelf SHOULD have been done, but one person just couldn’t finish their simple job.” The man sighed. “Since this clearly proves too much work you, the thing is, we just need more fucking shelves done! I want you guys to make five more shelves! All of you! Now!”

“Are you fucking serious?” Dom got angry.

“Yes, do I look like I’m kidding? Now stop bitching and get to work! I’ll be back…” The man walked away, and threw wood at us.

“This is fucking bullshit!” Dom threw a piece of wood at the wall.

“Stop, stop…” Nick raised his hands. “Just… we shouldn’t start any more trouble. Let’s just work…”

“Yeah…” I agreed with Nick.

It was at this time Nick noticed Adam. “Adam?! What… huh? Where-”

“I was in that chamber they took me and and Marino to, when they threw Tony down there, we managed to stack on each other’s shoulders and escape…” Adam explained.

“What? Where’s my dad??” Santiago asked.

“Uh…” I kneeled beside Santiago. “Listen… your dad wanted us to make it out. He wanted to tell you that he loves you…”

Santiago began to tear up right on the spot. “He…. he…..”

“He isn’t dead… he’s gonna try to make it. Your dad’s a fighter. He’s gonna make it, don’t worry…” I tried to comfort the saddened boy.

“I… I….” Santiago was in distraught.

“Don’t worry, he’ll make it. I promise…” I told him. I really hoped Marino would make it. “Let’s just… work…”

Santiago went off on his own and began playing with the wood. He wasn’t really doing anything. I couldn’t blame him.

Most of us split up around the area. It would give us more room to work on this stupid shelf. However, I overheard something interesting behind me.

I turned around to see Ryan going over to Ashley, who was alone at the moment. Dom was working with Tom.

“Alright, Ash… do you know how to do this?” Ryan put his arm around Ashley. This wasn’t going to end well.

“I… uh… yeah, I’m good.” Ashley was nervous.

“You sure?” Ryan asked.

“Yeah… just… let me get this piece of wood…” Ashley leaned forward to grab a piece of wood, causing Ryan’s arm to fall off of her.

“You don’t look like you know what you’re doing.” Ryan took note of Ashley’s behavior.

“I do, trust me…” Ashley didn’t look at Ryan. She looked at Dom, probably to make sure what he was doing. However, that was a bad idea. It only caught Dom’s attention.

“Hold on, Tom.” Dom began to walk towards Ashley. “You need something, hon?”

“Hon?” Ryan repeated Dom, in a shocked manner.

“Yeah, me and Ashley-” Dom began to say but was cut off by Ashley.

“Yeah, uh, he knows already. Right, Ryan?” I saw Ashley wink at Ryan. Not a happy one, but an extremely nervous one.

“Um… I really don’t…” Ryan scratched his head.

“It’s whatever. You can go back with Tom, I’ll just work on this…” Ashley said to Dom.

“Ash, why are you acting like this?” Ryan asked.

“Ash? Call her by her full name, boy. Nicknames only belong to the lover.” Dom crossed his arms.

“The hell are you talking about? I’m with Ashley....” Ryan trailed off. Ashley covered her head and face in her arms.

“What? I AM! Since when are you… ASH?!” Dom raised his voice, drawing the attention of the group.

“Guys, guys, no arguing, not now!” Franklin ran up to the scene, but Dom shoved him back.

“Sorry Franklin, but I need to take care of this.” Dom cracked his knuckles. “The fuck is going on, Ash?!?! Were you, CHEATING on me? With this toothpick?!”

“I... “ Ashley began to sob.

“ANSWER ME!” Dom yelled.

“Stop it, man!” Ryan approached Dom, but Dom punched Ryan in the face, causing him to fall down.

“I’m sorry! I was going to tell you…” Ashley was crying.

“No fucking sorries! You… WE.... We’ve been dating since December! DECEMBER! THREE MONTHS! And you have the NERVE to CHEAT on me?!” Dom was furious.

“Dom! I…” Ashley could barely get her words out.

“I don’t care. Get the fuck out of my face.” Dom walked away, and into the room, refusing to do his work.

Ryan got up from the punch, dazed. “Ashley… is this true? You hooked up with me when you were already in a relationship with Dom?”

“Yes! I’m sorry! I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want you to leave me… and I was going to tell Dom! I promise!” Ashley’s crying dimmed down a bit.

“I don’t know… let me think. Let’s just work for now…” Ryan went to Samantha and started working with her.

All of a sudden, Fredrik showed up, with the same man as before. “What the hell is going on here?!?” Then he saw Dom, inside the room. “And why isn’t HE doing his work?”

Dom walked out of the room, and noticed Fredrik. “Great.” He sighed.

“He’s the feisty one, right?” The man asked Fredrik. “He was giving me attitude before, too.”

Fredrik narrowed his eyes on Dom after he heard that. “That tears it. Get over here!”

Dom walked towards Fredrik with no hesitation. “The fuck do you-”

Before Dom can get his sentence out, Fredrik punched Dom right in the face, it looked even harder than when he punched me.

“DOM!” Tom ran over to his brother. However, he wasn’t fast enough. Fredrik’s man shot Tom on his side.

“Ahhh!” Tom fell to the ground in pain, and was bleeding pretty badly too.

On the other hand, Fredrik was beating Dom really badly. It reminded me of when Ashton gave Dom a beating. But this time it seemed five times worse. Fredrik was clearly a lot stronger than Ashton. There was a lot more blood this time.

“Enough!” Franklin got up and faced Fredrik. Fredrik stopped beating Dom, and stood up to face Franklin.

“HA! Now YOU’RE going to tell me to stop? In MY OWN PLACE! You’re all funny!” Fredrik laughed. “My job is done. Now get back to fucking work! If ONE more thing goes wrong, if ANY of you screw up one more time, you’re ALL dead!” Fredrik and his man stomped away. “We’ll be back!”

I looked at Tom, who was still gritting his teeth in pain, and then Dom, whose entire face was read and covered with blood, he wasn’t moving at all.

“Shit!” Dylan ran up to the scene. “Here… I need help!”

I ran over to Dylan. “Tony, help me carry him into the room!”

Dylan and I carried Tom into the room, and since there was no more room on the bed, we had to put him on the floor.

“What the hell is going on out there? What did I miss?!?!” Katrina asked. I forgot! She had no idea what happened.

“Kat…” Dylan began to explain to Katrina. “Steve and Gaston are dead. Marino is trapped in a chamber. Tom was shot and Dom’s unconscious.”

“WHAT?!” Katrina was incredibly shocked. “You’re kidding!”

“No, I wish I was…” Dylan muttered.

“Here.” Katrina slowly got up from the bed, and sat against the wall. “Let Tom lay down.

“Thanks, Katrina…” Tom coughed as we laid him on the bed.

“Go out and do something with Dom, Tony. Let me help Tom here, thank God we still have that medkit…” Dylan ordered.

I obeyed and walked back into the main area. Dom was still unconscious, lying in a pool of blood. I managed to pick him up, and carry him into the room as well.

“Oh my God!” Katrina cupped her hands and put them over her mouth.

“No… let Dom lay down!” Tom said, still in pain.

“No, Tom. You need some rest first.” Dylan told him. “Let me patch you up and then we’ll let Dom rest… if he even wakes up…”

“My God, everything is going wrong…” I shook my head. “I gotta get back to work…”

I walked back into the area, where all of us were in complete shock and continued to work.

No choices for this part.

• edited August 2015

Hey guys, I don't know if you noticed, but today, this story turned 6 months old.

Happy 6 months anniversary :D I remember, when I first saw this story I already had the feeling that it is going to be very good. I was not not wrong there, but you definitely managed to exceed even my highest expectations as soon as the story started. Over the time you got noticeably more confident about your writing, which made it even better. At the moment, there are perhaps only three or four ongoing stories here that make it similarly easy and enjoyable for me to speculate about them, so this definitely qualifies this story as one of my clear favourites here in the forum. I absolutely enjoyed the last six months of this story and I can't wait for what you have planned in the next six months and beyond.

And now my thoughts for this part... I don't know how you do it, but somehow you manage to make every part of this chapter more shocking than the ones before. Shit already got real when Kat got shot (nonfatally, thankfully), shit got super real when Gaston and Steve got killed, so now shit got... super super real? I probably should learn a few new adjectives. Anyway, I am not that much worried about Tom. They managed to save Katrina from a similarly bad wound, so as long as no vital organ got harmed and as long as they don't run out of medical supplies for him, he has a good chance to survive. Dom is a completely different case though. The whole scene reminded me of Carver beating Kenny, only that I am afraid this one might cause even worse damage. I mean, he might end up fine and I definitely hope so, but for now the fact that he is unconcious and repeadetly got beaten in the head can't be good. Perhaps they need advanced medical equipment to save his life, or even to make a full diagnosis, equipment they definitely won't get from Fredrik. I'm starting to wonder the same thing I wondered in Ashton's case though. Why do so many people loyally follow a clearly unpredictable and insanely violent psychopath without any apparent leadership skills? Are they all that afraid of him, or are they all like Cole?

On an unrelated note, I start to severely dislike Ashley. I mean, cheating is never cool, but she somehow managed to make it even worse by not even telling her new lover that she already has a boyfriend, even though she knows about the anger issues of said boyfriend. I guess if it wasn't for Fredrik, Ryan could have gotten a bad beating, similar to the one Dom got now and it would have been entirely Ashley's fault. In fact, while I don't want to hold her responsible for the actions of this rotten piece of shit Fredrik, it was her cheating that caused Dom to piss Fredrik off again, so she's definitely partially at fault here. She's not a bad person though, so I assume this is going to weigh heavily on her conscience.

Finally, Fredrik once more proved why I am hellishly afraid of him. He's the Ramsay to Ashton's Joffrey, the one who makes me genuinely wish the comparably harmless former main villain back. There is also no combination of words in the english language which could ever describe just how much I want to beat this turd-faced degenerate to death with a blunt object. I would look forward to his inevitable death, but I am too afraid for the damage he will undoubtly do until then.

Hey guys, I don't know if you noticed, but today, this story turned 6 months old. I honestly can't believe this story is half a year old alr

• Thanks so much Liquid! I appreciate it a lot. The fact that you read so many stories on this forum, and you consider mine on of the 3 or 4 stories that are enjoyable (or so you say xD) really just motivates me a lot more. Thanks again!

Hey guys, I don't know if you noticed, but today, this story turned 6 months old. Happy 6 months anniversary I remember, when I fir

• Liquid said many of the same things I was going to. I guess I'll just say that this has been one of if not my favorite stories on the forum. Your writing has improved exponentially and I'm always looking forward to the next part. I'm glad I decided to click on this story!

Hey guys, I don't know if you noticed, but today, this story turned 6 months old. I honestly can't believe this story is half a year old alr

• Thank you KingOfWalkers! All is appreciated, thanks for reading since Day 1 :D

Liquid said many of the same things I was going to. I guess I'll just say that this has been one of if not my favorite stories on the forum.

• You weren't kidding when you said "prepare for lots of blood". I thought I was prepared but... This is intense!! Also, this is the 2nd decision I'm having regrets about. Feeling guilty for letting Marino give up his life. His son will feel the effects worse if he dies. Adam was always the pragmatic choice, but he offered to make the sacrifice in his stead.

Annoyed that Ashley kind of ignored what we had said, but recent events haven't really given her the opportunity to talk to Dom calmly about it. Now who knows what sort of damage Fredrik has done to Dom.

Not only is Fredrik physically intimidating, but he has a certain aura and style of leadership that makes Franklin, the de facto leader of the group back down. Even Dom was scared when caught coming out of the room. This guy is truly terrifying!

Half a year!? Time goes fast! I was eager to read the next part for your first chapter. Now I'm 10x as eager for each part :D

• Happy six months! I remember I came into the story a little late, but none the less I have loved it! So here's to many more!

And well shit, Tom and Dom look pretty screwed at this point. Well, to be honest, everyone looks screwed at this point...

Great part!

• Thanks UKilledKenny :D again, I really appreciate it and sticking around since Day 1 :)

You weren't kidding when you said "prepare for lots of blood". I thought I was prepared but... This is intense!! Also, this is the 2nd decis

• Thanks mr.quality! Thanks for reading the entire story and voting and all :D

mr.quality posted: »

Happy six months! I remember I came into the story a little late, but none the less I have loved it! So here's to many more! And well shi

• Best chapter so far, keep up the good work.

And I can't believe it's been 6 months already. Time flies when you're not playing attention.

• My pleasure! It's been a wonderful story so far, and I can see it only getting better in time.

Thanks mr.quality! Thanks for reading the entire story and voting and all

• Happy 6 months!

Hey guys, I don't know if you noticed, but today, this story turned 6 months old. Happy 6 months anniversary I remember, when I fir

• Haha, thanks Bloop for sticking around the entire time and for submitting all of your characters :D

bloop posted: »

Best chapter so far, keep up the good work. And I can't believe it's been 6 months already. Time flies when you're not playing attention.

• Thanks Sagig! I appreciate you sticking around the entire time and for submitting all of your characters :D Sorry I haven't introduced much of them yet, but trust me, they'll show up soon!

supersagig posted: »

Happy 6 months!

• Hey guys, I apologize for the lack of parts. This past week has definitely been the busiest week of the summer by far. I also apologize for the rather shorter than usual part, it's mostly a set up part for the rest of the chapter. Choose wisely!

Chapter 5: Part 7

March 10th, 2017. 11:24 P.M.

I finally put together the last part of these goddamn shelves. All of us have spent the entire day working on these stupid shelves. I was so exhausted. I was so glad they were done.

Since they were done, we had nothing to do. Everyone began to settle in for bed, and I had no idea where to sleep. That was until Fredrik approached us. Perfect timing.

“Hmmm… I see you guys really did pull it off. I’m pleasantly surprised.” Fredrik spoke. “I’m not gonna do anything to you guys tonight. I can’t believe you really did it… no matter how much of an asshole all of you are. Get your ass somewhere on the floor and sleep, I really don’t give a shit where you sleep. I’ll have my guards watching. More work tomorrow.” He walked away.

When he was gone, Franklin spoke. “Alright guys, everyone in the room. We have some discussing to do.”

We all looked at each other, curious, at what Franklin had to say.

All of us entered the room, where Dom was now on the bed, and Tom was sitting on the opposite wall from where we walked in, right beside the bed, facing the door. He had his side bandaged up. Katrina sat next to Tom.

We all sat in a circle on the floor, since there were no more seats or anywhere to sit, really.

“Okay, guys…” Franklin began. “I assume you’re all aware of Fredrik and his… pure evilness.”

We all nodded.

“Well…” Franklin said. “Like we did with Ashton, we need to get the fuck out of here. We haven’t even been here a day yet and it’s ten times worse than the two months we stayed at Ashton’s. We need to KILL this guy. We can’t let him get off the hook.”

“Good luck with that.” Mina sighed. “I told you before, this guy is as tough as nails. And he has literally like fifteen bodyguards.”

“I know that.” Franklin said bluntly. “I don’t care what it takes to kill him. People like that don’t deserve to still be alive. I’m willing to risk my life just to kill him.”

“Even if his bodyguards kill you before you can even lay a finger on Fredrik?” Mina questioned. “You’re gonna have to go through his bodyguards before you even get to Fredrik himself.”

Franklin seemed a bit stumped. “...I’ll find a way. I will.”

“I really hope you do, trust me.” Mina placed her hand on her chest. “But as much as I want you to take him down, I just can’t see it happening.”

“Then you don’t know me.” Franklin stared at Mina. “I’ll go through whatever it takes to get something down for my group.”

“I know that, Franklin, is it?” Mina asked. “Well, anyway, you seem like a really nice and awesome guy, and I don’t want to see you getting yourself killed without accomplishing anything. I hate to bring it up, but look at those other people who were just killed a few hours ago…”

“Yeah, I took note of that.” Franklin pointed out. “That just makes me even more anxious to kill this fucker.”

Mina sighed again. “You’re missing the point! You cannot kill Fredrik!”

“Yes, I can. We all can, together.” Franklin explained. “Which is why I called you all in here… we need to come up with something. All of us.”

“Whatever you say… if you think we can really do something like this, then so be it.” Mina told Franklin. “I’m willing to help as long as it doesn’t get me killed.”

“Alright, well, there’s really not much to do… we just need to sneak into the storage room, or wherever the weapons are held, and go all out…” Dylan trailed off, clearly uncomfortable with the idea.

“Yes! That’s a great idea!” Deryck exclaimed.

“What?” Samantha freaked out. “That’s a TERRIBLE idea!”

“What else can you think of?” Dylan was obviously confused. “The way Mina is describing it, I really can’t think of anything else to do…”

“I love this idea. Just give me a good gun and I’ll fuck ‘em up.” Deryck stood up.

“Settle down there.” Dylan stopped Deryck. “We need to plan this out.”

“What is there to plan?” Deryck asked.

“How about… we get everything tomorrow? Or some other day? Were you really planning to march out there right now?” Dylan asked.

“Uh…” Deryck trailed off.

“Exactly.” Dylan crossed his arms.

“Wait…” Samantha jumped in. “Why can’t we think about this more? Like… be strategic?”

“How can we possibly do that?” Franklin asked, but curious.

“Like… we have another distraction or something, and we sneak in, or we have one person take fire…” Samantha explained.

“Let me think about this…” Franklin placed his hand on his chin. “I’m thinking, Katrina, Tom, and definitely Dom won’t be able to run their asses outta here. We’re gonna need some people to help them. Anyone volunteering to help them outta here, when the time comes?”

Adam, Ashley, Ryan, Samantha, and Eric raised their hands.

“Alright, so… we have that down… now we need the distractions…” Franklin speculated. “Anyone else willing? We’ll make sure you make it out alive… we’re not gonna let you die.”

“I will.” Nick volunteered.

“You sure?” Franklin asked.

“Yeah, I’m sure.” Nick responded.

“Alright, and I guess the rest of you will help Dylan and I breaking in, and getting everything, and basically… shooting up the entire place… that’s me, Dylan, Tony, Deryck, and Dan. And, Mina of course.”

“Does the shooting really need to be involved?” Samantha asked.

“Yeah, it does.” Dylan replied.

“I don’t want to, but I don’t know.” Franklin responded. “I’d like to avoid it, but I don’t know if there’s any other way.”

We all shook our heads.

“Tony, I consider you a third leader. I know you. You can lead.” Franklin placed his hand on my shoulder. “What’s your input?”

[Everyone run in together, arm yourselves and shoot the place down, and escape as Dylan suggested] [Be strategic as Samantha suggested, and escape]

• [Be strategic as Samantha suggested, and escape]

Hey guys, I apologize for the lack of parts. This past week has definitely been the busiest week of the summer by far. I also apologize for

• [Everyone run in together, arm yourselves and shoot the place down, and escape as Dylan suggested]

We let someone cause a distraction to secure the medikit and look how that turned out. Plus, Fredrik and his guards will be wise to something like that now. What they won't be expecting is the whole group to take up arms against them, especially after the beatings he's given so far.

Leaving this place untouched is gonna cause problems if they do escape. Fredrik will have no problems killing anyone in the group and there is the chance he will track the group down.

Essentially, just escaping is a short-term, safe option that won't actually guarantee safety. Dylan's idea may sound crazy and is life threatening, but Fredrik needs to be dealt with to secure the group's safety in the long term. Half the group should be comfortable with firearms, but the distraction that they all will cause will likely put the odds in their favor.

Hey guys, I apologize for the lack of parts. This past week has definitely been the busiest week of the summer by far. I also apologize for

• [Everyone run in together, arm yourselves and shoot the place down, and escape as Dylan suggested]

no man left behind.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.