A Murder Mystery Fanfiction

Comments

• edited April 2015

[Put the Phantom Thief as a Suspect]

Sorry for my absence, I've been behind on several stories and I just now catching up with them. But luckily I'm up to speed with them now :D

Samuel Kutcher 22nd September 6:17 PM 'As we are all terribly saddened by the brutal murder of our most iconic superstar of the decade, t

• I don't want to spoil anything, but the winning choice here just triggered a completely different part that I'm going to start working on today.

Samuel Kutcher will tell the officers that The Phantom Thief is a suspect

• edited May 2015

Apologies for the wait! Got stuck a little with work, but here is the latest part! Choose wisely

Lee "The Rat" Shun 22nd September 10:43 PM

My heart was beating furiously, my blood boiling with excitement and anxiety. I can't believe what happened today. A death of a woman announced at 6 o'clock, then just an hour later, a letter is left at my doorstep. I remember every single detail about it, the wrapping was professional, the writing on it seemed from an old school typewriter. More in all, I came to a shock when I knew who sent it

'Good day my fellow thief, I hope heists are going for you well. I would like to make you and your friends an offer, to discuss the terms of this business, meet me inside the Red Velvet Lounge by 11 o'clock of this evening. Act as you are professionals walking into the place'
    Yours sincerely,
    The Phantom Thief

I take a good look at the letter one more time, then glance to my left. Martin looked ticked off as he was driving through the streets of the rather quite Woodlands. He seemed anxious when I told him we are heading off to see The Phantom Thief. But I know Martin well, too well actually. He is going to do something stupid unless I'm with him. The same can be said for Robert, but at least he can actually contain his anger. Or he is just too dumb to realize he is getting provoked in the first place. The 3 of us turned to a life of crime not too soon after school, nothing serious, robbed a couple of supermarkets together and even a gas station at one point. We are nothing major, Martin works as a mechanic and Robert works as a bodyguard at the Red Velvet Lounge.

We all conceal our identities well in every heists we performed, so how did The Phantom Thief know about us? More importantly, what business does he have with people like us? We are just small time thieves, not majors like him. Has he been watching us recently? All of this seemed screwed, but we still apply our rules to every situation we have. We don't murder an innocent. They have nothing to do with us, they are just people trying to construct lives like we are. The silence is broken by a worried Martin. 'So boss, what do you make of this.. Thief? Friend or Enemy?' Martin and Robert were my best friends since middle school, once we constructed our little organization, they agreed for me to become the leader, as I have the best knowledge and resources. I reply, 'Hard to say, Martin. With the sudden request to meet us at a fancy place like Robert's lounge, it could be anything. Ranging from co operation to a trap. You got your gun like I asked you to?' Martin lifts up his tuxedo as I see his gun holstered in his trousers on his right hip.

Getting into the Lounge with the gun is no problem, Robert will check us and he will let us right through. He reserved a place for us, according to him. I just hope no one fucks up their roles. Robert takes us inside into the VIP area, guarding over our table and making sure no one hears anything they are not supposed to hear. Martin will sit next to me, keeping watch of all the movements in the Lounge. If it gets hairy, he pulls out the gun, taking The Phantom Thief hostage and making a B-line for the car. I'm doing all the talking, I will be on my best guard around the Thief and make sure he doesn't sway me. We are dressed in our best suits we are able to afford, or at least what I could afford, I'm the brains of the team. Planning everything is my specialty. Martin makes a right in the next intersection, clearly seeing the Red Velvet Lounge in the distance. He comes to a complete stop at the parking area, pulling out the keys and finally giving me an approving nod. I exit the car through the cracking door, making way with Martin in front of me to the entrance. His strength isn't comparable to Robert, who has a very muscular build. Martin was the underdog of the team, acting at the best situations. His shaved head makes him stand out, especially with a goatee.

As we see the line of about a dozen men, we cut through as they look at us in anger. Martin keeps saying 'Sorry cholos, important business meeting, coming through.' We see Robert at the door, acting professional with his huge build and shaved face. 'Names please', looking as he doesn't know us. This is part of the plan of course, as we want everyone to think we are not related. 'Jordan Walker and Luke Flint' I reply to Robert. Using false names is also important for the plan. 'Ahh found you' Robert replies as he looks at his list of names on the paper. 'Right this way gentlemen.' I reach for my wallet and pull out 20 Dollars. 'What do you say to work for us for our meeting?' Robert looked genuinely impressed, just as the filled line with actual VIP's, looking all smug and insulted at what they just saw. Robert grabs the money as he opens the door and calls out a name. 'Hey Zeb! Switch places, I got VIP's here!' as another man looking grumpy walks through the corridor and into the door.

Robert, actually listening to my request of reserving a suitable table, leads us to a dark corner, the only source of light is a red bulb hanging from the ceiling. The Red Velvet Lounge is a fancy place of course, all sort of important people come here to relax and have a fun time. Listening to the smooth jazz, served high class wine, this place was a dream made true. Robert offers us the chairs as we sit down, they were red themed and comfortable enough. Everything was set, now the hard part is coming to play. Getting ready, I order 2 glasses of red wine, and pushing aside the empty business suitcase. We needed to be sober for this, so we weren't going to drink until we can secure ourselves. Now we wait for the legend to arrive.

The clock hits exactly 11 PM as a man walks towards the table. He was tall, not as tall as Robert of course, who seemed to tower him, but he looked just as tall as I am. He had blue eyes like the ocean and jet black hair. He was wearing a white suit and looked calm and cocky. Robert blocks his way as me and Martin hear the conversation. 'VIP's only sir, step aside.' Robert gave him an alarmed look, 'I am a VIP you see, I'm here to discuss phenomenal business' The man calmly said, the word he said... phenomenal... It's definitely him, the legendary Phantom Thief was right before us. Robert didn't seem to get what happened though, 'I don't care about what you have, scram or you'll be-' I quickly interrupt Robert before he starts making a scene. 'Hello old friend! Don't mind the big oaf, have a seat! Would you like some wine?' Martin and Robert looked surprised at what I just said, I gave them a nod, suggesting that this man is who we are here for.

'Why thank you friend, excuse me' He taps Robert on his shoulder as he sits down. He looked young, not middle aged, probably in his 30's. He takes a sip of my Martin's wine as Martin gives him an annoyed look. 'Interesting choice of your companions here, I like them.' The man gave a broad smile as he looked at Martin. Martin doesn't react, as he knows the gravity of this situation. 'Who are you? And what is it that you want?' I give the man a cold glare. 'My apologies, I'm Cooper Phantom, the man who arranged this meeting. But the better question is, what do WE want?' His smile never fading away his face. We all give Cooper a puzzling look. 'You see I know all about you guys, I know you heard about my legendary stories, but that is not why I'm here. You all have talent, very similar to mine. The only thing that separates us is the level we are playing at. You like robbing convenient stores, I like robbing banks and famous industries. After all, we all exist in the world to live to our fullest potential.' Cooper is talking with full confidence and no stuttering between his sentences, with his smile, bright as day, still on his face.

'I suggest forming a co operation agreement. I believe that all four of us can greatly benefit from our alliance, you will be moving up in the world, still doing what you love, but get much richer in the process' Copper starts to whisper, enough to send chills to my bones, I see Martin tapping his finger on the table, and Robert trying his best to not look our way. But I know what was happening, 'You're offer seems very intriguing, Mr. Cooper. However, we are aware of your intentions. We know what is happening here, since the murder of Maira Lawrence announced this evening, you know the police will be on higher than ever. Making the chances of breaking and entering into industries much harder than it already is.' Cooper's smile is starting to fade away. I needed to know what he knows, 'But unless something happened that directly scared you, I think you'd never offer such an alliance.

Cooper Phantom sighs and his smile returns, 'You're smarter than you look, well you are right. I have sources from the police station that tells me that I am a suspect. I fear for my capture of course, but know this. If I'm a suspect, so are you.' Martin gives him a worried look as Cooper finishes. He was about to reach for his gun, but I stop him as I shake my head. Interrogating Cooper is too risky, we will be caught and hauled off to prison if Cooper has actual sources at The Police Precinct. However, an alliance can prove useful, Cooper might think he is using us, but its actually the other way around. Or maybe this is too dangerous for us, maybe we should continue relying on our old methods. After all, we don't even know if this is a trap, or what is the The Phantom Thief capable of on his own. Martin stares at me, giving me the choice of the matter.
    'So Rat, what will it be?' Cooper's eyes meet mine as he hisses. What should I do?

[Accept Alliance] [Decline Alliance]

• [Decline Alliance]

Apologies for the wait! Got stuck a little with work, but here is the latest part! Choose wisely Lee "The Rat" Shun 22nd September 10:43

• [Decline Alliance]

Apologies for the wait! Got stuck a little with work, but here is the latest part! Choose wisely Lee "The Rat" Shun 22nd September 10:43

• [Accept Alliance]

• ComingSoonComingSoon Banned
    edited April 2015

Voting for @ulaxen92

Copy and pasted:

"[Accept Alliance] and want to add something new to Samuel that he love children"

• [Accept Alliance] yup.

Great chapter!

• I'm sorry for the delay, but it seems like I'm going to have to stop writing for a while, specifically for 3 weeks maximum. As you see, I have my examinations coming up and I'm already hard at work preparing myself for them. I barely touch my laptop due to this fact and for that I'm really sorry. I will try my best to take my breaks and write a few parts but I'm not very sure. However, before I take my leave, I would like to thank a few people that helped me come this far with the story.

@LiquidChicagoTed for giving me serious inspiration to even consider writing this story. Forum of Thrones was the first fan fiction that I ever read on the Telltale Community, it helped expand on my reading and discover more interesting stories. For that I thank you sincerely for that and your shout out, my wishes to the continuous success for your masterpiece of a story.

@supersagig, @TheFurryOne, @mr.quality for giving me shout outs in their own wonderful stories. Keep up the great work guys!

@husmmusen for submitting lots of great characters that allowed me to progress with the story.

And finally, every person that reads the story and participates in the voting. This means a lot to me and thank you all for the support. See you soon!

Lee "The Rat" Shun and his gang will form an alliance with The Phantom Thief

• I'm finally back in action! Now with exams out of the way, its time to get to work, I will start upon writing the new part today hopefully and I'll see if I can post it later. Later peeps!

• YAY

I'm finally back in action! Now with exams out of the way, its time to get to work, I will start upon writing the new part today hopefully and I'll see if I can post it later. Later peeps!

• Cool!

I'm finally back in action! Now with exams out of the way, its time to get to work, I will start upon writing the new part today hopefully and I'll see if I can post it later. Later peeps!

• Welcome back :D

• Something happened? Hello?

• Yes, Im very sorry. My uncle has passed away and I travelled without taking my laptop with me, I need a couple of days to get myself together. Hope you understand.

supersagig posted: »

Something happened? Hello?

• I am sorry. I shouldn´t have asken. Condolencies for your lost

Yes, Im very sorry. My uncle has passed away and I travelled without taking my laptop with me, I need a couple of days to get myself together. Hope you understand.

• No its okay really. I'm the one who is sorry for having everyone wait like this, but I promise to do what I can.

supersagig posted: »

I am sorry. I shouldn´t have asken. Condolencies for your lost

• Alright guys I really do owe you an explanation for why I haven't been present lately, well in case you didn't know, my uncle passed away just shortly after I started working on the new part. After I came to knowledge of his death, I quickly booked a plane ticket and travelled to prepare for the funeral alongside my family. I did not take my laptop with me, knowing that its inappropriate to be writing instead of being there for my family. Even right now, I'm typing through my phone because I haven't returned yet. I think the story should resume in full force from the 10th of June. Thanks for underatanding

• My deepest condolences to you and your family. Take all the time you need!

Alright guys I really do owe you an explanation for why I haven't been present lately, well in case you didn't know, my uncle passed away ju

• edited June 2015

Name: Jean De La Fontaine

Race: Caucasian

Role: Detective

Personality: Perceptive, likes quick solutions, a little stuck up,and has a sense of justice.

Favorite Weapon: Detests violence, but will use his Colt if he needs to (which he keeps in his trench coat). http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/Colt_Detective_Special.jpg

Habits: Acting snooty when he's right. Avoiding conversation with those he considers 'lesser' than him.

Dislikes: Violence, commoners, and people better than him.

Clothing: Wears an unbuttoned grey tench coat with a white shirt under it. Also wears blue jeans, black boots, and a bright blue bow tie.

Backstory: Jean has worked as a detective in France for eight years, and in his career he's bagged a number of suspects. The event that made him decide to become a detective was the murder of his brother when he was still a child, which has since been unsolved. France has sent him to many counties to help out with their cases, and America is next.

Physical Features: Has dark black hair with a small mustache. Also has hazel eyes. Slim man with almost no muscle mass.

Here's a character for your story, I hope he's to your liking.

• Finally the long awaited part has been finished, give me your thoughts please!

Samuel Gahami 22nd September, 11:18 PM

What the actual fuck is going on in this place? I have been in this station for 11 fucking hours, and no one even bothered to ask me anything. I need to tell someone about this, the death of Maria, I know who did it. If I can get out, I need to take Dana with me, poor girl, she has been going through a lot. Hopefully I can convince them to let her come with me, but something tells me this investigation will be a long one.

The room I'm sitting in isn't very appealing either, a simple table and a chair. I look around me as I see the 4 cups of coffee I drank today on the table, probably not a good choice but I don't care at this point. Empty plates which was filled with donuts and waffles, at least they tasted good. But I was getting impatient, I couldn't even see Dana since the incident. Just what are they trying to do here? Why not question me sooner? But even if they do, they still won't get any new details. All I know about Ms Lawrence is that she was a broken woman who wanted everything possible for her daughter and didn't give a shit about anyone else. She also was the mother I never had, how I miss her already is indescribable.

But why would someone do this? What kind of sick freak are we dealing with here? I can remember everything that happened when I saw her corpse, the moment that the door was open, I just rushed through that bloody hallway and saw her corpse hanging from the ceiling. Blood everywhere, signs of destruction, and that disturbing image... 'JUSTICE SHALL COME TO CORRUPTION.' But how is the murder of someone like Maria elaborate the message. I knew Ms. Lawrence a long time and I worked for her, she might be mean and selfish, but deep down, I knew she was a caring woman. She couldn't hurt a fly, and she is not related to any crime lords, of course I would know.
    When my boss sent me to work for Maria, he wanted me to siphon her resources but I can keep the wages she gives me. But little by little, as I got to know her, I siphoned less and less and gave the boss cuts of my wages. Of course he doesn't know about it, but I grew to appreciate Ms. Lawrence as my mother and my poor precious Dana as my sister. Speaking of which, where is my sister? My real one, the one has the same blood as mine, Cecil. I called her and told her everything but she seemed to be too disturbed to come down here and help her brother out. Can't blame her though, she suffered more than I.

I took care for Cecil practically my whole life, since our parents passed. We moved to the Woodlands in order to start a new life, I paid for her school fees and keep the money rolling in, and she makes sure everything is in order. She never asked how does the money come from, except that one time and I told her I work for Ms Lawrence which was the perfect alibi. Now what worries me, is what I'm going to say to these cops when they start questioning me, I hope they overlooked something that would get me into trouble. I want to help out with this murder, but I don't want to give myself away in the process

My finger is helplessly tapping on the table in a slow manner, am I nervous? Scared? No, I'm determined to get the bastard who did this. I know these cops don't sympathize with anybody, let alone do their damn jobs. But that doesn't matter to me, the hell with the cops, I swear I'm going to do whatever it takes to find this son of a bitch. Whoever walks through that door, will get nothing out of me. I will just tell the boss about this and ask him what to be done, he will know what to do.

Samuel Kutcher 22nd September 11:19 PM

As I make way with Sebastian and Anton throughout the Police Department, I try to reflect back on what I did today. Obviously, the murder was planned, I already explained it to Felix and everything, of course he wouldn't shut up with his ass kissing, but I don't want his bullshit excuse for respect. He thinks that through me, I will catch the killer and he is going to take credit for all of it. Therefore the fame will get him a promotion and he will become the new Commissioner. If that happens, the Woodlands is truly fucked. But now isn't the time to worry about that.

"Right this way, detective." Sebastian leads me to a closed door at the end of a very busy hallway. Huge mass of people are entering and leaving rooms, probably panicking about the murder. I should try to visit the doctor soon, he or she will luckily enough give me the news about the body which will support my story of what happened.

"Alright, this is where Gahami is being kept. Want us to do anything?" Anton points at the door before asking. "Yeah actually, I want you to collect the pictures taken from the crime scene and show them to the doctor in charge of the body. Also tell them the story and see if the evidence matches up to the wounds of the victim. Me and Sebestian will handle Gahmi" I finish quickly and quietly, in case anyone is eavesdropping on us. Anton responds with a nod and heads off to the receptionist, probably to ask where the photos are being kept.

Sebesitan enters the room with me at his back, trying to get a good glance at the man sitting at the table. There is a pile of empty crisp packets and empty mugs around the man. In fact he looks like a disaster, his blonde hair is all messy which doesn't match his athletic build and his eyes look very tired. However, he makes an irrelevant face when he sees us walking in. "About fucking time, you know how long you kept me here without even telling me anything. What is wrong with you cops?!" Gahmi seemed genuinely offended because he had a hostile expression and he got up from his chair.

"Please sir, relax. My name is Samuel Kutcher and I'm a detective, this is my subordinate Sebestian Philips. We apologize for the long wait, but we seem to be ready to ask our proper questions." I tell to Gahmi, as he returns back sitting on the chair. I notice there are very dry water, almost looking like tears, on his messy butler's outfit. I also take a seat opposite to Gahmi and Sebestian had his arms leant on the table facing Gahmi. "Well fucking get to it then, I want to go home." I notice a depressed tone as he says this.

"Mr Gahmi, I want you to think back very carefully here. Can you describe to us how you came across the scene?" I ask as calmly as I can. "Well, I was heading to Mrs Lawrence's mansion as usual, I only work for her during the day. I found the door to unlocked, which was weird because Mrs Lawrence always keeps her doors locked. So once I opened it, the smell was terrible, there was blood everywhere at the hallway, and the living room was a disaster. Once I saw her body hanged up like that, I immediately phoned the police. I then had to call Dana because I was worried sick about her." Gahmi appeared to be struggling as he was finishing there. But I needed to go on.

"Did you try touching anything?" I ask. "No, only thing I did was call you scumbags to take me away for 15 fucking hours!" Gahmi yelled but Sebestian took an aggressive approach. "Hey! Watch it pal, we are trying to help you here, co-operate nicely." I try to ignore this and refrain Gahmi from attempting to reply to Sebestian. "Mr Gahmi, how exactly was your relationship with the victim?" I question him. "It was just ordinary business" Gahmi appears to have his head down as he replies. Now this is where it gets interesting. I form a small but noticeable smile as I talk.

"Thats funny to say Mr Gahmi, a minute ago when I walked in here I noticed you were in a complete mess. You appear to show a huge affection for Dana, the daughter of the victim. Now I'm not the smartest man around, but it appears you're lying to me." Gahmi appeared to be baffled by this and tries to save his skin. "Alright fine, she was like a mother to me and I highly respected her. I can't accept someone doing this to her! You need to let me go so I can find out about this! Since I know you can't do your jobs right." Gahmi appeared to pull a nerve on Sebestian there.

"And do what exactly? You do know you're just a butler working for an infamous whore right? You think you can stand in the way of the law boy?" Sebesitan looks at Gahmi. Both of them are exchanging angry looks at each other, the stare down is filled with hatred. "Mr Gahmi, what you think of the police department is none of my concern and you have the right to direct your hatred to anyone you desire. However, I'm trying to work with you here. You might know something that can help us in the investigation.' I attempt to break down the silence and perhaps extract something useful from Gahmi. I do not seem him as the killer, it does not add up. His apartment was searched and no clues were found that indicates he is the culprit. The mansion was also searched, where Maria's safe was untouched, so this can't be robbery. If Gahmi is true or false about his clean relationship with the victim, I'm going to know from Dana soon enough.

'Sorry, Detective. But it seems that I don't have any information to share with you.' Gahmi says with pride. It is obvious that he is lying, even Sebestian seemed to notice it as well because he was looking at me. I don't have a lot of time and I need to know everything as I possibly can, how I do it will not matter, it will only get Gahmi to either respect me or hate me. How should I approach?

[Be determined] [Be threatening] [Be aggressive]

• [Be determined]

Finally the long awaited part has been finished, give me your thoughts please! Samuel Gahami 22nd September, 11:18 PM What the actua

• [Be determined]

Finally the long awaited part has been finished, give me your thoughts please! Samuel Gahami 22nd September, 11:18 PM What the actua

• [Be determined]

• [Be determined] to the bandwagon! Away!

Great part!

• [Be aggressive]

Awesome chapter!

• [Be aggressive]

• [Be determined]

• The voting is closed, Samuel Kutcher will take a determined approach towards Samuel Gahmi

However, I want to let YOU vote for which part should I work on next, the reason for this is I can advance the story in any way and it doesn't matter which part I write first, so I'm going to leave the decision to you. So you can choose the next part to be from:

1. Anton Kirby
    2. Cecil Gahmi
    3. Samuel Gahmi
    4. A completely new character

Looking forward to your responses!

1. A completely new character

New is good. Good is new.

The voting is closed, Samuel Kutcher will take a determined approach towards Samuel Gahmi However, I want to let YOU vote for which part

• That's a hard question and I'm kinda torn. Rereading a few parts of the story I feel that Cecil was left at a very interesting point in her story. Samuel on the other hand is one of my favourite PoV's so far and I'd like to see more of him. But I guess you can never be wrong with a completely new character, so that's going to be my vote.

The voting is closed, Samuel Kutcher will take a determined approach towards Samuel Gahmi However, I want to let YOU vote for which part

• A completely new character

• New character

Interesting approach, making the next part about the character the voters want.

1. A completely new character

All caught up now. Sorry for my absence.

• Alright then, seems like you guys want a new character introduced and I'm going to deliver. This new character hasn't been mentioned at all in the story and will make his first appearance. I will get to work right away!

• A completely new character

• Well since I'm a terrible person, I won't even ask you to forgive me for this delay xD but in my defense, I had a religious memorial which I needed to attended and it just finished. So here's the next part, looking forward for your feedback!

Bob "Bobby" Parkers 22nd September 11:25 PM

What a long day, this is the biggest amount of paper work I have done in years. You know, being in Law Enforcement has its share of advantages, such as not worrying about the bills. But I really can't stand doing all of this damn papers! I'm writing stories constantly about each case, file, and deliver them to the Captain. Everyone in the force has to do this as well, and I have no clue why each one of us has to do the same thing, In the end, all of our reports will match.

Sitting in the office, alone, with the shitty paper in front of me, what a fucking waste this is. I need to finish this though to get some sleep, I know this has a long way before ending. A serial killer is out there, biding his time, planning for the next attack. And what are we doing here? Filling some broken ass papers. Thing is though, the murders are like potato chips, you can't just stop after the first bite. This asshole is going to try it again, and something tells me we won't be there to save the next victim.

I wanted to conduct the interrogation with whats his face? Samuel Gahmi? I can't remember. Anyway, I know out of the entire force, I would be able to get the best results out of him. But of course this other prick just shows up and steals my spotlight, damn detectives. As I finally write down the last of my notes down, I secure them together with the paperclip in order and in a neatly fashion. I get up from the chair, notes are firmly in my grasp, with the entire police department clearly getting busy with their roles. Is putting the entire police force on this case really the best option here? There is still this Phantom fucker and these three animals from the barn still strolling around the streets. Can they be related to the murders?
    Every second counts here, can't waste any time. I quickly pace through the precinct and make the way to Capitan Felix's office. Just give him the report, answer what he has to ask, and just get the hell out of here. The sooner I rest, the better chances are I'm going to find the killer. However I notice something very interesting before I reach the office. Something so interesting, to the point of I have to stop moving.

Its that boy, Anton. Is he fooling around? What a fucking rookie. I have to talk to him, don't want this precinct to stink by the likes of him. I quickly pace to get to him before anyone notices the embarrassment he is in right now. ''Hey hey hey, where do you think you're going, son?'' I intercept his pathway to stop him from moving. He gives a tired face, ''What do you want, Bob?'' He said that last bit in a smug way as well. 'And I told you before, I ain't your son. So back off and let me get back to work.' I give him a grin, ''Thats funny, kiddo, seems like you're not doing anything. In fact, you seem like you're heading to the exit.'' Anton's face gives out a more tired look. ''I'm heading to the doctor in charge of the investigation, old man. So since you're clearly busy with handling spread sheets since day one, I'm trying to find a killer.''

I quickly grab him by the throat, my leg slowed me down a bit, but I still managed to press my forehand towards the wall. ''Watch it there, I've been in the force since you were suckling on your thumbs, boy. Now get moving, before I bash your skull in.'' I say quietly, trying to have a low voice to avoid attracting attention. Anton didn't seem to be intimidated instead he just walked through my shoulder, slightly pushing me. This rookie does not stand a chance if he is going to attempt to piss everyone who he doesn't like.
    He escapes my sights, not bothering to turn around of course. I take a good look at the files I've written, all of them seem to be still in order and in a good form. However, I'm dead beat tired and I need to get these files to the Captain, I need to go to the bar. So, I press forward and head towards the office, it's not even far away from my desk, just the end of the hallway.

And there I was, standing in front of the office door, the only thing keeping me from seeing him is the visitor inside. I could see through the glass window attached to the door. Felix was sitting on a chair in front of his desk while the guest was on the opposite side of him. They were clearly having a conversation, but I just can't make out the words. However, both men stand from their chairs and give each other a handshake, showing that the conversation has ended.

The guest was wearing a raincoat and fancy looking top hat, I recognized the facial features naturally. He was an old man like I was, possibly in his 50's. There were no signs of facial hair on his face, his grey eyes only added a mystery to him. Overall, he was middle aged. I instantly recognized him as he exited the office.

They call him 'The Boss'. Why? Because he leads a secret mafia organization, they are non-lethal though. They focus on getting thievery talents to work for them. They masquerade though as a service company. Felix and him stroke a deal out. Felix would keep the heat off his little crusade, while The Boss uses fake ID's and papers to withdraw money from the bank. Very few know this fact, me included, but lets just say that we're quiet because of generous donations.

"Ahh hello there Bobby!" The Boss greets me as he stretches out his hand for a handshake. "Hey MacAfee, how you holdin' up?" I shake his hand as I reply. "A bit shaken up you know, after the murder of one of our best 'clients' so to speak." The Boss gives a little disappointed face. "But I sure know that you will get this bastard." His face suddenly light up again. "Don't worry about it, MacAfee. Here in the station, we like to take things seriously. So what brings you here?"

MacAfee takes a deep breath, "You see, one of my boys is being held up here. And since I'm fully aware of our true identity, this is very bad for business. I spoke to the good captain to allow his release as soon as possible." He seemed worried there, honestly I would expect The Boss to be in rough shape with times like these. "Well anyway, I'll leave you to your work. Good luck, gentlemen! I'll be waiting outside in the car." He walks away, pressing his top hat. The longer this guy is in business, the more profit Felix and us get more profit. Let it stay that way.
    I knock on the door and wait for Felix to call me in. His pointy noise is a little disturbing at times. I open the door quietly and close it behind me, with the case files still in my hands. I quickly lay it on his desk before he gets the chance to say anything. "Thanks, Bob." I give him a disapproving nod, "I don't even get why are we writing on these sheets, sir. All these papers sound a waste of time honestly" Felix looks up and stops writing on his notebook. "Well I do need to gather information to tell the press about tomorrow don't I? These files will help me create a good enough story to make the citizens feel safe enough until we catch the killer. If the news leak out to the commissioner, he and his fury will come haunting us." Felix spits out. "Alright, seems pretty fair to me, I do hope everything pans out in our favor though. By the way, why was MacAfee here at the precinct?" I sit down on the chair as I speak. "He's a little shaken up by the murder, the murder of Maria has effectively cut out a good portion of his money. And if other people are intimidated by her murder, they may just leave the Woodlands. Sadly, no one is leaving or entering the Woodlands, that's a direct order. Also, he is afraid that the bank will be closed, that would leave a great scar on his mobster group." Felix explains as he lights up a cigar, taking huffs and puffs.

"Can't blame the poor fella. Anyone can be stressed out after a day like this." I sigh. We needed to stay in business, no matter whats the cost. "One of MacAfee's men, Samuel Gahmi, is being interrogated by our latest help, Samuel Kutcher. I need you to get him out of there before Gahmi spills any of MacAfee's secrets." Felix smirk was always annoying, but I couldn't help to smirk as well. "On it, sir" I get up from the chair and head for the confessional room as quick as I can. It's in the corner of the station, so I had to be fast
    Minutes later, I arrive at the confessional room, I spot Gahmi and Sebestian from the window, a third figure who I didn't recognize was sitting, probably that Kutcher fella. Gahmi seemed to be talking about something which I can't hear, Sebestian had his arms folded and Kuthcer seemed to be smoking while he is writing things down on his small notebook. I quickly open the door without knocking to avoid wasting time.
    "I think Mrs. Lawrence could not have any enemies sir, but she did gamble a lot back at the Red Velvet Lounge with the-" I hear Gahmi talking before I yell out, "Are you the Gahmi boy?" I look over to that blonde haired freak who looked like a mess. He gives me a puzzled face, as the rest of the men in the room look over towards me. "You can leave now, your employer came over to release you. He's waiting outside." Gahmi didn't seem pleased with this fact, Sebstian also seemed pissed at this fact. "Like hell he is, this man is under interrogat-" The Kutcher fella raises his hand, "Its alright, Phillps. I think I got everything I need." His voice sounds hostile as he eyes me with his viper eyes. Am I supposed to be intimidated?

Before anything seemed to happen, Kutcher stood up from his chair, "Thanks you for your time Mr. Gahmi, you have been a great help. Here is my card if you need anything." Gahmi grabs the card from his hand as he stood up, "Thanks. And hey, find the bastard who did this. The town needs more people like you." Gahmi and Kuthcer exchanged smiles. Did this prick spill MacAfee's secrets? Anyway, he is going to be dealt with when he gets out. Gahmi walks towards me, and exits through the door, I follow him after I give that Kutcher fella a cold glare. He only kept smoking his cigarette, still glaring at me. I don't like this detective, he seems more of a boy scout.

I lead Gahmi outside of the precinct, and into the car of MacAfee. Gahmi entered the car quietly and completely ignoring me. "Thanks for the trouble, Bob." MacAfee speaks out of the car window. He was in the back seat and was joined by a relaxed Gahmi. "No worries, Boss. Take care." I give him a nod and hit the side of the red but elegant car, signaling it to leave. In a matter of seconds, the car disappeared off the streets.
    I try to head back into the office, when I meet Sebestian standing at the station. "You're in my face boy, move." I give him a warning. "Sorry, but I just spoke to the captain, he wants us both on duty tonight." Sebestian Philps give a smug ass face, "The fuck? I need to get home." I spit out, Felix the fucking asshole I need some rest god dammit! "Looks like you're going to deal with it, I'm tired as well. Unlike you, I'm dedicated into finding this fucking bastard. So, we can patrol quite a number of areas. We have from now until 8 o'clock. Any ideas where to go off?"

[Patrol the High School] [Patrol the Red Velvet Lounge] [Patrol the Bank]

• [Patrol the high school]

Yay!! It's back!!

Well since I'm a terrible person, I won't even ask you to forgive me for this delay xD but in my defense, I had a religious memorial which I

• [Patrol the Red Velvet Lounge]

It's great to see this story back :D

Well since I'm a terrible person, I won't even ask you to forgive me for this delay xD but in my defense, I had a religious memorial which I

• edited July 2015

[Red Velvet Lounge]

It's red. And. Well, velvety.

Great to see this back :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.