A Murder Mystery Fanfiction

12346»

Comments

• Exit building and call for backup]

I think chasing him will be the end of everything.

Great part!

Sorry for the hold up! I kind of feel stressed since university is back to haunt me again, but I did manage to finish off the next part. Che

• [Stay at the apartment and call Felix] - I don't know, man. The last time we chased after someone in a different story it didn't end too well. Makes me think it's best to play it safe, call Felix and get back up here. This dog killer is clearly too much for Samuel alone to handle.

Sorry for the hold up! I kind of feel stressed since university is back to haunt me again, but I did manage to finish off the next part. Che

• [Stay at apartment and call Felix]

As much as I'd love to chase after that dog-killing fuck, the point with the evidence being destroyed is a good one. It is the more reasonable choice to stay at the apartment until the police arrives. Besides, I doubt Felix manages to catch the killer in his condition.

• [Stay at apartment and call Felix]

• Samuel Kutcher will stay at the apartment and call for help Well, for spoiler reasons, I can't talk about this particular choice. But just know that you had 2 different opportunities to learn 2 different things. This choice will matter later on. You have been warned. Anyway, I'm sorry to anyone who found offense into killing off the dog 'Bigby'. But it was necessary to establish a few points about the killer.

Now the fun part, once again, I will leave it up to you guys to vote for who do you want to see next. As soon as I get quick responses, I'll start off right away. So, do you want the next part to feature:

1. Anton Kirby
    2. Sebastian Philips
    3. Bob 'Bobby' Parkers
  • 2.Sebastian Philips

Samuel Kutcher will stay at the apartment and call for help Well, for spoiler reasons, I can't talk about this particular choice. But just k

• Sebastian Philips

I am afraid how this is going to turn out.

Samuel Kutcher will stay at the apartment and call for help Well, for spoiler reasons, I can't talk about this particular choice. But just k

• Though it was really messed, I took no offense in the dog getting killed lol.

1. Sebastian Philips - Mainly because I am biased towards my own character.

• All three of the characters are interesting and I got no real preference, so I'm just going to hop onto the bandwagon and say Sebastian :)

• Sebastian because reasons

• Welcome back! Hope you're not having too much trouble following up with the story.

BlueShadiw posted: »

Sebastian because reasons

• Nope, caught up fast after getting stuff out of the way! Thanks for the welcome ^^

Welcome back! Hope you're not having too much trouble following up with the story.

• Hey guys! Sorry for the delay (again) but I honestly think the rate of uploading the next parts are going to be rough. I somehow have to balance my social, academic and my part-time job at once. So the stress is real folks. No matter, I have finally finished the long awaited part. Have a good read!

Sebastian Philips 23rd September 4:31 PM

As I keep driving, I try to review what has happened so far. A psychopath is on the loose, killed a well known celebrity, and vanishes into thin air. If it weren't for Detective Samuel, I honestly don't think we could have made it this far. The man is an absolute genius, he was able to connect all the pieces together in such a short amount of time. A lot of people concern themselves with the question 'Who did it?' but in my opinion, the better question is 'Why was she killed in such brutality?' I haven't seen someone brutally murdered like this in my whole life. Sure, I may be new to the force, but that doesn't mean I'm a newbie at it. I graduated Police School with flying colors in the athletes exam, but the psychological evaluation wasn't the best I could do. I excel mostly in physique.

Anton must be sleeping, I haven't heard anything from him since last dawn. Well anyway, I get to drive this sweet ride for myself. I hated sharing it with Bobby last time, god forbid he lost his shit last patrol. I'm having too much fun to think about last night anyway. The streets were relatively empty, not much going around. Just people going in and out shops, holding bags, hands in their pocket. Feels like everyone is shaken up by the murders. I'll catch the bastard. I swear I will. My thoughts get interrupted by the duplex radio spitting out from the car.

"All units, a 10-67 of 187 and 653M has been submitted by detective Samuel Kutcher. Address is Woods borrow Street 17, avenue 5, apartment 9. Available units should aid immediately. Over." My heart almost stopped for a second when I heard the '187'. Fucking shit, another victim this quick? And what's with the '653M'? If memory serves me correctly, the 653M is a threatening phone call. If Detective Samuel submitted it, then he must have been contacted by the killer! But who was the one that got killed?
    All in a single moment, I find my hand grabbing the communicator and talking through it. "Dispatch, car 11K is on it. Any further instructions? Over." I quickly make a hard turn, the car produces a hard noise as I was drifting the opposite direction. A lot of people looked over towards my direction, but I didn't care. I switch on the siren and lights, and step on the gas pedal as hard as I can. "Roger that car 11K. You are permitted to be at Code 3. An ambulance has been dispatched to the scene, Captain Felix is on his way. Dispatch out." I didn't care about using code 3 or not, it means that I'm able to use the sirens. No matter, I have to get there fast.

5 minutes later, I arrive back at Samuel's apartment. I hastily park the car, close the sirens and burst out of the door. I slam it shut as I run towards the apartment, I open it without hesitation and my heart is pounding vigorously. I see an old man, holding his news paper, now he looks over towards me and makes eye contact. "May I help you, officer?" The man seemed confused. "Sir, I have no time to explain. Just sit where you are and don't go anywhere." I quickly respond and walk towards the corner where the stairs are located. "Wait officer! If you're going to see Mr Kutcher, he has asked to not be-" The man tried to speak out as he exited the reception booth. I grab him by the collar of his shirt. "This is an urgent police investigation, if you get in my way, I'll charge you with obstruction! Now sit back and DON'T MOVE!" I push him away as he was slightly sweating. "Y-yes sir, right away." He complies and sits back at his reception booth.

I jump up the stairs, two at a time, if there are 6 apartments each floor, then Samuel's is on the second floor. I don't have time to gasp for air, as I continue to climb upwards. After finally reaching to the second floor, I see a door swung open and hear footsteps going on back and forth. I run towards the door and knock on it. "Detective Samuel?" I slowly walk in the apartment, as I see a gun pointed at me in a millisecond and raise my hands. "Woah there it's me! It's Sebastian!" Detective Samuel was looking as if he is about to pass out. His eyes were black, and he was sweating like hell. After noticing it was me, he put his gun down. "Thank god you're here Sebastian." The detective was looking tense, as if he is struggling to stand. "What the hell happened? I got the dispatch call and I came here as fast as I could." I approach Samuel who was still breathing heavily. He didn't look hurt, so who was the one who got killed?

"That fucking monster killed my dog! He also flipped the house upside down!" Taking a closer look at Samuel, he was in an absolutely tense state. After he mentioned his dog, I almost thought he was kidding. But the way things are right now, I was easily convinced of what he said is true. "Are you fucking kidding me? Where's the body then?!" I look into Samuel's tired eyes. He points towards the end of the hallway with his finger, where there is heavy trail of blood easily seen. I decide to quickly follow it.
    As I attempt to push the door with care, I get too anxious and push it less gently than I intended. I take a quick glance of the room, it obviously had a kitchen theme to it, however it was completely covered in blood. And it didn't look like ordinary blood either, it reeked with a terrible smell. As soon as my eyes laid eyes upon on an object on the floor, the urge to vomit quickly swooped in. I cover my mouth quickly enough and resist this urge as best as I can. My reaction to this type of scenery isn't exactly courageous, but no man should have to see a disgusting sight like this.

Mustering all the will power I have inside of me, I force my legs to move away from the horrible sight in front of me. I try to absorb everything that just happened. Taking a deep breath and collecting myself, I walk towards Samuel, who was sitting on the floor and leaning his back to the wall. Tears slowly flowing down his face, the look of disbelieve and sadness on his face. I slowly approach him, carefully thinking about what to say without hurting his feelings. "Hey, we're going to find the animal who did this." I quietly say to him. Samuel slowly shakes his head, as if he has lost all the power to continue. I need to do something that can get his mind back on track. However, before I get a chance to say anything, I heard loud and continuous footsteps running towards us.
    Captain Felix was accompanied by six other police officers ran into the apartment, all in an alarmed state. They laid their eyes towards us, and then the Captain spat, "What the fuck is going on here? You call me to say that the killer killed someone but there isn't any-" Samuel jumped up before the Captain could finish, and gave him a strong, hard punch to the face which caused the Captain to almost fall backwards. Caught off by surprise, Captain Felix tried to respond with his own punch, but instead the police officers get between them. I grab Samuel by the arms, to restrain him from causing any more violence. Lots of screaming and shouting were produced from the Captain, as he tried to go through the group of cops to reach Samuel, but with little to no luck.

"15 minutes, Felix! You sure took you're sweet ass time getting here! Now the killer is probably gone and my dog has been killed without any leads!" Samuel was trying to break free out of my grasp, but I firmly kept holding on to his arms. The Captain's face was bruised by Samuel's punch, he is still tensing up after that punch. "Took my time?! I came here as fast as I could you moron!" The Captain yelled out from the top of his lungs. Probably every resident in this building heard that. "Not fast enough! The killer is probably long gone and covered his tracks while he was leaving, the sole thing that we have right now, is my fucking apartment. Not to mention you're letting potential suspects out of interrogations whenever that shit is convenient for you!" Samuel also yelled, but not to the same level as Captain Felix. They both eased up a bit after letting out a little bit of stress. I get where Samuel is coming from, having barely any leads and losing a man's best friend must be very troublesome.

Captain Felix stared at the ground, apparently feeling regret and remorse by what Samuel said, he stopped trying to push forward now. After a few moment, the silence was broken. "Where is the body of the dog?" Captain Felix asked, Samuel's tired face gave no hints whether he is going to reply or not. "It's in the kitchen sir, to your left." I answered in Samuel's stead. Captain Felix slowly nodded. "Okay, you two search the kitchen carefully for anything out of the ordinary. Mark them with the cards." Felix pointed at two officers. "You and you, get to the entrance of the building, make sure no one comes in or out." The Captain looked over to another two officers, they nodded immediately and exited the room in a rush. "The rest, go to every single apartment, tell them about what just happened. We're going to need them for questioning." Captain Felix turned to face the other officers, as they nodded respectfully and left the apartment in silence.

The Captain finally gave a long sigh, "This is bad, the media is going to be all over us. And the mayor hasn't even prepared himself for the speech today, it's like in an hour or so." He finished. Samuel looked up and decided to speak. "I'm interrogating everyone in the building." His face looked like death, he has to absorb all of this in after getting no sleep. I'm surprised he's holding out this long. "Let me help you." I try to approach him. "Actually, you can start helping by checking the building next to this one. The killer was standing in the apartment just opposite to my kitchen. What I think happened is that he busted through the lock, killed my dog in the kitchen, and used the window to jump to the next building. I need you to investigate that specific apartment." Samuel nods at me. However, the Captain takes a step forward and tries to intervene, "Or you can head out to the mayor's house, keep him company until he is done with his speech. And who knows, you may even clues relating to the murders there." Captain Felix eyed me with a demanding look, as if he is ordering me to go to his house. But no, I'm making the choices here, not him. I don't care about what he said, if I'm doing any of this, I'm doing it because I think it feels right. But I got to be fast, I can't waste any more time.

[Obey Samuel and search the apartment] [Obey Felix and head out to the mayor]

• [Obey Samuel and search the apartment]

Talking to the mayor sounds less promising than searching the apartment. I guess the chance that the apartment contains some clues is higher than the chance that Sebastian finds some clues with the mayor.

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay (again) but I honestly think the rate of uploading the next parts are going to be rough. I somehow have to bal

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay (again) but I honestly think the rate of uploading the next parts are going to be rough. I somehow have to bal

• **[Obey Samuel and search the apartment] **

Thanks for messaging me, I'd unfollowed the story by accident.

Great part man!

• Sebastian will check the apartment where the killer was last seen

Well I'm at least happy to see you guys having an unanimous decision about this choice. Leaving to see the mayor however, could have been useful in a number of ways. If you remember the last Finn part, Justin stated that the mayor is somehow related with the murder of Maria Lawrence. If Sebastian did go to the mayor, he may have found a connection, but since he won't be, the clues relating to the mayor may have been erased or disposed of. This doesn't have an immediate impact however, and will have an effect later on in the chapters.

Again, I keep saying this, but my time for writing is getting more limited every time. A part-time job, gaming, social and academic life is hard to balance. But I'm trying my best to get these parts as fast as I can. As for the next part, progression is rather slow, but rest assured it will be out soon. It will be split into two, the first will be a Cecil Gahmi and the second will be a newcomer.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.