The dark before the dawn. Interactive story

Comments

• Thanks, and I will! My dad made me drive home from the BMV, and I'm was scared out of my mind, but he said d good for my first time. :)

cheyman99 posted: »

Congratulations, be careful and have fun!

• Ha I was exactly the same way at first, but it doesn't take long to get used to. :)

mr.quality posted: »

Thanks, and I will! My dad made me drive home from the BMV, and I'm was scared out of my mind, but he said d good for my first time.

• Yeah, I seemed easy enough. But I'm sure I'll be proven wrong.

Ha I was exactly the same way at first, but it doesn't take long to get used to.

• Congratulations!

Hey guys! I got my driving permit today! Go me! Also, I probably won't be posting a new part tonight.

• Congratulations!

I find it pretty weird that you can get your driving license in the age of 16 in US though :D

Hey guys! I got my driving permit today! Go me! Also, I probably won't be posting a new part tonight.

• I am a terrible person.

@LiquidChicagoTed can prove this

supersagig posted: »

Yoi shouldn´t thanks me. I am a terrible person. I should thank you fir being here

• edited May 2015

Wait, what? Why? I don't think I (or anyone else) can ever prove anything in that direction. You are very awesome and I hope you know that. Is there anything the matter? Maybe you want to write me a PM?

I am a terrible person. @LiquidChicagoTed can prove this

• Sagig, stop being like that. I don't snowboard going on in your life right now, but if you need to talk about something, pm me. I'm more than a writer on the forums, I'm a friend. And I put my duties as a friend before everything else.

I am a terrible person. @LiquidChicagoTed can prove this

• I didn't get my license, it's only a temps. I'm not ssixteen. But thanks!

finlander posted: »

Congratulations! I find it pretty weird that you can get your driving license in the age of 16 in US though

• Thanks!

Congratulations!

• Oh, okay :P

I didn't get my license, it's only a temps. I'm not ssixteen. But thanks!

• Carmen Dominguez

"Nothing. I just wanted to meet up with them." Carmen lied.

"Well, don't let me hold you up. It was nice to meet you miss..." He said.

"Carmen" She answered.

"Carmen." He completed his sentence. "I'm Jacob Emerson if you need anything." He said. And with that Carmen broke off in a sprint towards the Mess hall. She bust through the doors and was surprised to find it mostly empty. She easily spotted Ann and Riley sitting at a table enjoying what looked like... Ice cream? Doesn't matter. Carmen had a mission. She rushed to their table.

"Carmen. Nice of you to join us. Why don't you take a seat?" Ann said.

"No. We need to go. Now." Carmen said.

"What? Whats so important?" Ann asked. Carmen leaned in and whispered into her ear so Riley wouldn't hear.

"Jason's working with the Network. They want us dead, I only escaped by luck. We need to hurry." Carmen said.

"Carmen, how do you know that's the truth?" Ann asked.

"I was there, I saw it. He said he wanted the three of us dead... And.. Shit." Carmen said as she smacked herself in the head. How could she be so oblivious? Jacob Emerson was on the list.

"Whats the matter?" Riley asked looking up from her ice cream. Carmen looked to Ann with a pleading look. Suddenly the doors flew open and a few armed MP's walked in. They started scanning the room.

"We need to go." Ann decided. The three of them rose from the table. "We'll go through the back. Follow me." Ann said. Carmen and Riley followed her towards the back and through the kitchen and out a back door.

"We should..." Carmen tried to put a plan together,

"I got a truck ready and full of supplies. Its in the garage right now. Follow me." Ann spoke.

"Have you?" Carmen asked.

"Yes. I knew. I just couldn't get solid enough proof to make me leave. But now I do." Ann said.

Soon enough they were at the garage. Ann tried to door knob, it was locked.

"What now?" Carmen asked. Ann didn't respond, just pulled her pistol off its holster and shot the lock. "That works." She said as she followed Ann in. It was a small one car garage, with a large troop truck inside.

"One of the perks of being an officer here, they give you a truck." Ann said as she opened the truck's door and tried to get it started. "And I left the key in the barracks. Cover that door while I try to hotwire it." She said.

"I don't have a gun." Carmen said.

"In the locker over there. Take whatever you want." Ann pointed out a weapons locker in the corner of the room and Carmen rushed over and opened it, pulling out a nice looking sniper rifle. She noticed Riley standing in the doorway looking lost, Carmen rushed over to her.

"Riley, get in the truck and stay down." Carmen directed her.

"Whats happening? Why are we leaving?" Riley asked.

"Just get in the truck. Please." Carmen asked. Riley sighed and walked over to the truck and got in the back. Carmen peered through the scope of her rifle and could see a small group approaching.

"Any time now Ann..." Carmen said.

"Almost got it... Damn it!" Ann yelled. "Fuck. I haven't done this in awhile." She said. Carmen peered down the scope at the nearest figure, he seemed to be leading the group of MP's right towards them.

"Their getting closer." Carmen said.

"Almost! Just... Keep them back!" Ann yelled.

"You want me to kill them?" Carmen asked, frantically.

"No... Just... Disable them." Ann answered.

"Damnit..." Carmen whispered under her breath. She lined up the shot on the legs of the approaching enemies. Her first shot was a little off, but soon she got in the groove. She'd take the shot then see a splatter of red coming from their legs as they fell. Carmen felt sick, but at the same time she liked it... Her rifle soon ran out of ammo so she dove around the corner into the garage to reload. She dropped the empty clip and fumbled for a new one. She jammed it into the gun and loaded the gun, stepping back into the doorway for another round. She once again lined up her scope but was stopped when the gun was ripped from her hands. She looked to her left and saw one of the MP's holding her rifle. The MP proceded to punch her in the face. She gripped her nose and fell to the floor, feeling warm blood run through her fingers. The MP grabbed his pistol and aimed it at Carmen's head.

"No!" The voice of Riley yelled. Carmen saw the MP look up and took it to her advantage. She knocked the guard off of her, and sent him tumbling to the floor. He squeezed off two rounds from his pistol as he fell. Carmen got to her feet and quickly grabbed the pistol and shot the MP.

"Damn..." Carmen said.

"Its started!" Ann yelled as Carmen heard the truck roar to life. Carmen spun around and rushed to the truck.

"Riley! Get back in the truck!" She yelled. But when she looked around Riley was gone. Then she looked down. Riley was on the floor, gripping her shoulder and crying in pain as blood seeped through her shirt and onto the floor. "Shit! Riley!" Carmen yelled as she rushed over to her.

"It hurts! Please... It hurts!" She cried out.

"Let me see. Let me see." Carmen said. She pulled Riley's hands away and revealed the wound... or wounds. She'd been shot once in the shoulder, but that wasn't the worrying part. She'd also been shot in the gut, and it was bleeding badly.

"Shit... Ann! Its bad!" Carmen yelled.

"Get her in the truck!" Ann yelled.

"No! I'll only... Slow you down." Riley spoke through gritted teeth. "Ju-Just leave... Me... I'm dead either... way." She said.

"No. We're not leaving you Riley." Ann said. "Carmen, get her in the truck."

"Y-You cant... Save m-me." Riley said as she began to cry. Why did Carmen let this happen? Why did Riley do that? Why? A strange sense of fear and adrenaline settled through Carmen. Carmen could feel tears running down her cheeks.

"There has to be a way! We are not leaving you here to let the soldiers kill you!" Ann screamed.

"Ju-just go... Save... Yourselves." Riley said, although her tone suggested she wanted different.

Choice

[Bring Riley]

[Leave her]

• [Bring Riley]

Poor Riley ;_; At least she likely saved Carmen's life.

Carmen Dominguez "Nothing. I just wanted to meet up with them." Carmen lied. "Well, don't let me hold you up. It was nice to meet you

• [Leave her] I am really sorry Riley , but we must save ourselves

Carmen Dominguez "Nothing. I just wanted to meet up with them." Carmen lied. "Well, don't let me hold you up. It was nice to meet you

• [Bring Riley]

• edited May 2015

Carmen Dominguez

"No. We are Not leaving you here." Carmen stated in a demanding tone.

"No... Just.. Go. Ahh!" Riley screamed as Carmen picked her up off the floor and carried her to the truck, climbing into the passenger seat.

"Ann, go. Now." She said. Ann didn't need to be told twice, as she gunned the engine and ran strait through the un-open garage door. The remaining soldiers outside scattered as a 5 ton truck came careening at them. A few bullets dinged uselessly off the sides as they sped their way towards the front gates.

"Any real plan?" Carmen asked.

"Yes and no..." Ann said.

"And how's that?" Carmen asked.

"After we get out of here and away from these fuckers, there's a Fed camp not far from here. Its called Cormack. Riley will be safe there, but not us. We need to keep moving. I've spotted an abandoned bar not too far from Cormack a few weeks back. We should be able to hide out here for the time being." Ann said.

"So, whats the 'no' part?" Carmen asked.

"I have no fucking clue how were going to escape these assholes." Ann answered. Carmen sighed and looked in the rearview mirror, revealing flashing blue and red lights.

"Shit. MP's on our tail." Carmen said.

"Their a lot faster than us, but there's no way they'll be able to take out this truck." Ann said confidently.

"I still don't like it." Carmen said.

"Me neither... How's Riley?" Ann asked. Carmen looked down at Riley whom she was cradling in her lap. She was unconscious and looking sickly pale, but still breathing.

"I-I don't think we have much time left." Carmen said as she pulled Riley closer.

"Damnit!" Ann yelled abruptly.

"What?" Carmen asked, thinking something went wrong.

"Why can nothing good live in this world? Why?" Ann asked, although it seemed like a question that really didn't have an answer. Carmen brushed Riley's hair out of her face and felt tear welling up and she looked back into the mirror.

"Wait... Their, their backing off!" Carmen said.

"What? Why?" Ann asked.

"I don't know, but lets not stick around to find out!" Carmen said, as the front gates came into view. The chain link fence was shut and a guard was standing in front of it motioning for them to stop, but a five ton truck going 60 miles per hour would have no problem getting rid of a gate... Or a person for that matter. But the guard had enough sense to jump out of the way when they realized the truck wasn't stopping. The truck busted through the gate like a knife through butter, and just kept going sending dust flying into the air as they left the paved road and into the desert.

"Where are you going?" Carmen asked.

"Its a short cut." Ann answered.

"You seem to know a lot about this." Carmen said.

"Well, I've been planning this for awhile." Ann said.

Jason Stryker, CEO of Stryker corp.

"Stand down. Let them run. They wont get far in the desert." Jason spoke into the radio.

"But Sir, the truck is loaded with supplies." The MP said.

"I said stand down dam it! Are you deaf or something?" Jason yelled.

"N-no sir. I'll order my men to back down." The radio crackled.

"Good." Jason said as he fell back into his chair. His laptop suddenly turned itself on revealing an image of a masked man.

"What more do you fucking want from me? I'm killing innocent people!" Jason yelled.

"Oh, this is only the beginning." The man said.

"When I get my hand on you, your dead! Dead! Your hear me?" Jason yelled at the computer.

"Is everything alright in there sir?" A voice asked from outside the room.

"Yes. Now fuck off." Jason said.

"Yessir." The voice responded then disappeared.

"A little snappy aren't we?" The man said.

"Fuck you. I will find you, and I will kill you." Jason said.

"In due time, Mr.Stryker. But now, your loving daughter has something she'd like to say..." The man said and suddenly the telephone on Jason's desk began ringing. "Pick it up." The man instructed. Jason complied ad lifted it to his ear.

"Hello?" He said.

"Daddy?" The voice of his daughter Marie asked.

"Marie! Where are you? Are you alright?" Jason asked.

"I-I don't know where I am... Its dark, and cold. They threw me in here and locked the door... I don't know where mom is... They give me food and water, but I'm in here all alone... They told me its because you don't love me." Marie said, Jason could hear sobbing on the other end of the phone.

"Marie, I am your father and I love you very much. I will get you back. I promise." Jason said, choking back tears.

"Dad, their coming back... I'm scared." Marie said.

"Its okay to be scared... I'll be there soon. And once I'm there, we can both go home. I promise." Jason said. He heard the sound of a door opening, and a small struggle.

"No, go away! Give it back! daddy, I love you!" Marie yelled at the phone before it cut to static.

"I love you to, Marie." He said anyways.

"Oh, how heart warming. Now, have you completed the contracts yet?" The man asked.

"I, no. They took off into the desert. But their as good as dead. Last time I check there was a small Network camp out there, small enough to not be on the radar, but big enough to be able to take them out." Jason said.

"Grand." He said. There was a sudden knock at the door.

"Mr. Stryker sir?" A voice asked.

"What is it? Is it important?" Jason asked.

"Yes, we found blood in the garage and we were able to trace it." The man at the door said.

"And?" Jason asked.

"It was the girls... Riley Peters. By the amount of blood we found, she probably wont make it. Sir." He said. Jason felt a ping of guilt.

"Thank you... Now please, let me be." Jason said.

"Congratulations, you didn't completely fail." The masked man said.

"I killed a 15 year old girl." Jason said.

"Its only a bump in the road, your one step closer to seeing your family again." The man said.

"You expect me to just forget about this?" Jason asked angrily.

"That's for you to decide. I'll keep in touch." The man said and the screen faded to black. Jason calmly opened his table's drawer and pulled a small metallic object out, aiming it at the laptop.

"Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you!" He yelled as the began shooting the laptop with the pistol. Security guards rushed into the room.

"Whats the problem sir?" They asked. Jason calmly laid the pistol on the table.

"Huh? No problem here, just a software malfunction. I got it fixed, nothing to worry about." Jason said as he waved the guards away, sitting back into the leather office chair, he spun around looking out the window out upon his company, his empire, his life. It took him years to construct this place on the principles of justice and equality... it only took days to reverse that. He placed his head in the palm of his hands contemplating his next move, his company's next move... He could stop this. He could fight back. But then his family would most likely die, and everyone working for him would most likely be killed. But, was working for the Network any better?

Choice

[Fight back against the Network]

[Continue to work for the Network, at least for now.]

Click here

• Please excuse this suckiness of this part, I made it very late and I was tired. But I decided to finish it.

Carmen Dominguez "No. We are Not leaving you here." Carmen stated in a demanding tone. "No... Just.. Go. Ahh!" Riley screamed as Carme

• Awesome part! I liked it a lot. Now I feel really conflicted about Stryker. As much as I want to call him a fucking asshole for what he did, I have to admit that there is more to him. He's definitely an interesting character.

[Continue to work for the Network, at least for now.]

He already has second thoughts and that is a good thing. Perhaps he can win the Networks trust by continuing to work for them and turn against them at a later point, where he can cause more harm to them.

Carmen Dominguez "No. We are Not leaving you here." Carmen stated in a demanding tone. "No... Just.. Go. Ahh!" Riley screamed as Carme

• Thank you! I tried the best I could to write this part, but it was a little late here. Also, I have no idea what I was thinking when I put a song in it.

Awesome part! I liked it a lot. Now I feel really conflicted about Stryker. As much as I want to call him a fucking asshole for what he did,

• [Fight back against the Network]

AWESOME PART

• Thanks!

[Fight back against the Network] AWESOME PART

• [Continue to work for the Network, at least for now.]

• [Continue to work for the Network, at least for now.]

• As much as I hate to say it, no new part tonight. I just got home from a school trip, so yeah.

On a different note, I changed my profile Pic. Just to let you guys know.

• Your new pic is awesome.

As much as I hate to say it, no new part tonight. I just got home from a school trip, so yeah. On a different note, I changed my profile Pic. Just to let you guys know.

• I've caught up, amazing!

• Thanks!!!

finlander posted: »

Your new pic is awesome.

• Thanks! Any questions or comments? Its probably going to be awhile before I get the next part up, my entire week is booked with my FFA.

I've caught up, amazing!

• Nah I'm good. Take as much time as you need.

Thanks! Any questions or comments? Its probably going to be awhile before I get the next part up, my entire week is booked with my FFA.

• IT IS AMAZING

As much as I hate to say it, no new part tonight. I just got home from a school trip, so yeah. On a different note, I changed my profile Pic. Just to let you guys know.

• Thanks sagig!

IT IS AMAZING

• Soooo. .. I know it's kinda a bandwagon everyone's been jumping on recently, but I wanted to know if you guy would be interested in me making A Hunger Games story. Tell me if you are interested, or if you think it's worn out and repetitive.

• I would certainly be interested in that! I love your writing and the HG scenario, so I think this would be a very good idea. You have surely proven that you can effortlessly manage two great stories, so I don't think a third would make that much of a difference. And I don't think the scenario is worn out or repetitive. After all, every Hunger Game is different and there is a lot of potential for unused scenarios. If you think you can make it unique and interesting, you should do it!

Soooo. .. I know it's kinda a bandwagon everyone's been jumping on recently, but I wanted to know if you guy would be interested in me making A Hunger Games story. Tell me if you are interested, or if you think it's worn out and repetitive.

• Thanks for the input!!

I would certainly be interested in that! I love your writing and the HG scenario, so I think this would be a very good idea. You have surely

• edited May 2015

I would be surely interested! I love your writing and it will be surely amazing!

Soooo. .. I know it's kinda a bandwagon everyone's been jumping on recently, but I wanted to know if you guy would be interested in me making A Hunger Games story. Tell me if you are interested, or if you think it's worn out and repetitive.

• Thanks so much!

I would be surely interested! I love your writing and it will be surely amazing!

• Don't have much time on me at the moment, but trust me, if you do decide to write a Hunger Games story, expect me to be there from the begining till the end. I know you will make it enjoyable to everyone to read, you are definitely capable of doing that.

• Thank you! :P

Don't have much time on me at the moment, but trust me, if you do decide to write a Hunger Games story, expect me to be there from the begin

• I would read it and your writing is great. I think you would make a good Hunger Games story.

I would read it and your writing is great. I think you would make a good Hunger Games story.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.