The dark before the dawn. Interactive story

Comments

• [Yeah, were cool]

mr.quality posted: »

Carmen Dominguez Heavens sake, training was hard. Carmen was a bit late but they decided to let it slide this time, mostly because she ha

• [Yeah, were cool.]

Carmen Dominguez Heavens sake, training was hard. Carmen was a bit late but they decided to let it slide this time, mostly because she ha

• Corporal Adam Johnson

Well, the kid wasn't to thrilled to be stuck in the radar room, but, it was the farthest away from the action he could get him. Plus, its just staring at a screen all day. Hopefully he doesn't fuck it up, but he seemed capable enough. Johnson had to give it to the kid, he was though. Elias had just watched his friends be executed in front of him, only a few days ago. Johnson kicked at the dusty desert ground with the edge of his boot, trying to shake the subject from his mind.

"Something the matter, Corporal?" A voice asked. Johnson looked up and saw Private Brooke Rose. She joined up with the military a few years back, was separated from her squad during a raid a few days ago, and somehow ended up stumbling up Cormack, just in time to save her life. She looked a lot better now then she did when she showed up. Her skin now had color to it, and for once she was walking on her own.

"No, nothings the matter. You feeling better?" Johnson asked.

"Yeah, I guess you could say I'm feeling better. Doc said I should take a few days before I go back to duty though." Brooke said

"Then why are you out here?" Johnson said.

"Just walking around. This is the first time I ever got to see the place." Brooke said.

"Ahh, I see. It is quite impressive isn't it? I mean, this place almost went up over night. There's only around two hundred civilians here though, we could probably handle a lot more, we just couldn't get to them in time." Johnson said.

"Yeah... What are you guys doing with the train?" Brooke asked.

"What train?" Johnson asked, completely baffled. This had been a train station before, but he hadn't see a train here.

"There was a train, in that hangar on the east side. Although, no one seemed to be interested in it." Brooke said.

"The hangar on the east side? I haven't been over there. I don't think anyone has. So I guess were no doing anything with the train." Johnson said, just then a Humvee slid to a stop right in front of Johnson, nearly hitting Brooke.

"Get in! They want you at the front gate!" The driver yelled.

"What the hell for?" Johnson asked.

"The kid spotted something on the radar, its headed towards the gate!" The driver said. Johnson didn't question anymore and walked around the side of the Humvee and climbed into the passenger seat. as he closed the door the driver took off towards the front gate, leaving Brooke behind in the dust.

About two minutes later, and multiple near misses with pedestrians Johnson found himself at the front gate.

"I don't see anything." Johnson said.

"Out there, in the desert." someone said handing him a pair of binoculars. Johnson scanned the area and saw it, a man trudging through the sand towards Cormack.

"Is he friendly?" Johnson asked.

"No idea." The other man said, as Johnson watched the man fall on his face into the sand.

"What do we do now?" Johnson asked.

"We could go help him, but he could be an enemy. I say its a waste of recourses, I wont tell anyone if you don't." The man said.

Choice

[help the man]

[leave him]

Lucia Martinez

"What is it Mike?" Lucia asked, groggily as she sat up in her bed. She heard the jangling of keys and suddenly her cell door flew open, sending a menacing echo through the cell block.

"Come on. I'll tell you on the way out." Mike said.

"What about Bailey?" Lucia asked

"Trust me, its safer for her here. Its not for you." Mike answered. Lucia reluctantly rose from her bed and walked out of the cell, following Mike as he led her through the building, down a few flights of stairs, through the main lobby, and into the parking lot where multiple police cruisers sat. It was pitch dark outside. The only light being form a few street posts. Mike took out a set of keys and pressed a button, the lights of a nearby cruiser flashed and Mike opened the door motioning of Lucia to get in.

"Before I get in a car with you, tell me what the fuck this is about." Lucia said angrily.

"This is about Bailey, and its about Edwards. I really don't want to be talking here where the cameras can see us." Mike said, with an edge in his voice, Lucia already didn't like where this conversation was going. She walked around the car and opened the door, sliding in and closing it behind her. The car started and they began moving out of the parking lot and onto the road. The cruisers headlights illuminated the roadway, allowing Lucia to see just how damaged this city was, Craters were strewn all over the place like they had been attacked with Bombs or mortars. Multiple buildings were left in ruins and debris from fallen buildings were strewn into the road.

"What do you know?" Lucia asked. Mike timidly drummed his fingers in the steering wheel of the car. "Mike, tell me." She demanded. Mike took a shaky breath and began.

"When I came here, I was with my sister. We were both interrogated just like you. She was interrogated by Edwards, while I was interrogated by someone else, who is now dead. Anyways, after we were out of interrogation, she never acted the same. She would never talk about it to anyone, she barely ever talked... Last night I forced her to tell me... To tell me what happened in that room." Mike said as his voice trailed off.

"And?..." Lucia asked, timidly.

"Lucia, she said he raped her. She said Edwards raped her. And then he said if she told anyone he'd kill her." Mike said, as Lucia's stomach dropped. She felt like she was about to throw up, she felt like she wanted to kill that Edwards guy... How could on person be so fucked up?

"I-I went and confronted him about it a few hours ago... I just flat out asked him of he did it, and he said yes. He confessed to it, like he was proud of it. And when I asked him about Bailey, he said the same thing, he kept talking about her like she was some sort of trophy or prize... He caught me off guard and pulled a gun on me. He shot at me but missed and I ran. I came and got you and now were goings to get my sister then head back to the prison and get Bailey the were going to Get Fucking Gone." Mike said. A strange sense of rage and hatred buzzed inside Lucia, as the car slid suddenly to a stop. They were in front of a house, he honked the horn and a man walked out half carrying a crying woman. He opened the door and put her in before getting in the back with her. Mike wasted no time shifting into drive and hauled ass back to the prison, within about three minutes they were back in front of the prison. Mike Put the car in park and jumped out followed by Lucia and the man. Mike's sister stayed in the back of the car crying. The trio ran through the prison and up the stairs , into the cell block where Bailey was. The florescent lights buzzed above them as they ran past the rows of cells until a sight made Lucia stop and fall to her knees.

In the cell where Bailey rested, now only rested a dead body. She had tied a bed sheet around her neck and the other side to the ceiling. She had hung herself. Her arms fell limply to her sides and her hair dropped down covering her face. Her body slowly swung back and forth.

"Bailey... Bailey, please... no..." Lucia cried, almost uncontrollably as the tears streaked down her face. She pulled her knees up to her chest and buried her head, silently sobbing into her shirt. Lucia felt someone touching her back but shrugged it away, she didn't want to be comforted, she wanted to be alone. Alone, that's what she is now. Her family is gone, she has nowhere to run to, and no one left. Dead, missing, gone. Poof, everything just gone. Past, present, future, just gone...

"We should get her down." Someone said. Lucia heard the cell door open and looked up. They slowly untied the rope and lowered Bailey to the ground. Her head limply lulled back and she was placed on the ground.

"Lucia, I'm... I'm sorry..." The man said.

"I'm going to kill him." Lucia responded.

"No. We need to go, now." Mike said.

"I'm going to kill him! I'm going to make him pay! He fucking killed her! Her killed her!" Lucia screamed, now looking Mike in the eyes. Lucia must have looked possessed since Mike looked like her was about to shit himself.

"We... We don't have time..." Mike stuttered.

"I'll make time." Lucia barked as she rose to her feet. She began walking towards the cell block door, but felt a stern hand holding her back.

"You don't even know where he is." Mike said.

"I'll find out. He's here in this building now, I know it." Lucia said.

"Ryan, we don't have time for this, we need to get out of here." Mike said.

"He is here. Isn't he? He's probably 'interrogating' another poor girl right now, isn't he?" Lucia hissed. Neither one said anything, which just confirmed Lucia's suspicions.

"Ryan, get her to the car." Mike said. Ryan pushed Lucia lightly on the shoulder but it was enough to get her moving. He steered her through the hallways with his hand firmly on her shoulder. Lucia recognized the hallway, this was the interrogation hallway, and she could see light seeping through underneath one of the doors. It had to be him. Lucia took notice of the fact Ryan had a gun on his hip. This was her chance, her chance for revenge.

Choice

[Kill Edwards]

[escape]

• [help the man]

[Kill Edwards]

Awesome Chapter!

Corporal Adam Johnson Well, the kid wasn't to thrilled to be stuck in the radar room, but, it was the farthest away from the action he co

• edited April 2015

[help the man]

[Kill Edwards] He has to die for that.

Corporal Adam Johnson Well, the kid wasn't to thrilled to be stuck in the radar room, but, it was the farthest away from the action he co

• edited April 2015

[help the man] Nothing to lose really

[Kill Edwards] Take his head!

• [help the man]

[Kill Edwards]

• [help the man]

[Kill Edwards]

• Mosaiah Amir

"Your plans are flawed, Mosaiah." The masked man on the screen spoke.

"How are my plans flawed? I went over it a thousand times!" Mosaiah said harshly.

"No need to get angered. Were on the same side of this crusade, am I right?" The masked man asked.

"Yes sir." Mosaiah grunted through gritted teeth. It was strange, no one knew his real name... But everyone looked up to him as the 'leader'. Mostly because he was the only remaining individual from the original Network.

"Good. Now, you want to move your men west out of NYC. Is this correct?" The masked man asked.

"Yes sir." Mosaiah said.

"What gain will we have by doing that?" The man asked.

"The Fed's are held up mostly in Albany, I can assemble men there and flush them out. Then head for the smaller camps." Mosaiah said.

"Exactly what I thought you'd say. The Federal Army is indeed in Albany... In great force." The man said.

"I can take them on." Mosaiah said.

"Even if you took all of your available units, you'd be outnumbered greatly." The man informed him.

"How do you know this?" Mosaiah asked.

"I'm an expert hacker, genius. I can do what I want." He said. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to my... Research..." He said and the screen went dark, Mosaiah hated it when he did that. Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Mosaiah said.

"Sir, We've completed the screenings. Only a few... Issues... Were found with the prisoners. Its your say on what happens next." The man called from the doorway.

"Take me to these, 'Issues'" Mosaiah said.

"Worthless, Injured, Unstable, Dying, Convict..." Mosaiah announced as he walked down the row. These bedraggled individuals each were a problem in one way or another, but what he found interesting was the young boy. Mosaiah approached him and he cowered away.

"Don't be afraid..." He said, as he looked up to the man and woman standing next to the boy. "Are you his parents?" He asked, the couple nodded. "Why are you here?" He asked, only a mumble escaped from the fathers mouth. "Ohh, right. Cant talk through the tape. Why are they here?" He asked turning and facing the solider.

"Their a military family, sir. Could put up resistance." The solider informed.

"Right... Take the parents. I'll keep the boy." Mosaiah said.

"As you wish." The solider said as he looked Mosaiah and placed his hand on the but of his pistol. Mosaiah nodded affirmatively.

"You know what to do." He said as he grabbed the boy out of the line. The Parents screams were muffled through the tape, and they tried to step forward but were pressed back by soldiers, eh, theres not much you can do when your hands are tied. Mosaiah stood the boy a few feet in front of the line of 'issues' looking directly at them.

"Bags!" A solider yelled. A group approached the line from behind and placed bags over each prisoners head. Mosaiah caught the desperated glance of the boys parents, pity.

"Ready!" A voice yelled.

"Aim!" It yelled again, the row of soldiers slung their rifles from their shoulders and aimed at the prisoners.

"Fire!" He yelled, and a triumphant roar let loose from the rifles, as one by on the prisoners dropped into the mud. Only then did what just happen click with the young boys mind, as he began crying historically. Weakness, it will not be tolerated. Mosaiah ripped the tape off the boys mouth as he continued to cry.

"Why are you crying?" He asked. the boy did not answer only continued to cry. This angered Mosaiah. He raised his hand an brought it down, making contact with the boys face sending him spiraling into the mud. Mosaiah crouched down next to him.

"What is your name?" He asked sternly.

"S-San-Santiago..." The boy wheezed.

"Santiago, you belong to the Network now. You will be an unstoppable killing machine before I'm done with you."

Lucia Martinez

Lucia gripped the gun and pulled it out of its holster, darting quickly to the right breaking free of Ryan's grip. She ran as fast as she could to the door of the Interrogation room, and twisted the knob. Locked. She looked back expecting to see Ryan two steps away from her, but he was still at the end of the hallway.

"Shoot the lock." He said. Is he actually encouraging this? Now, at the point of no return, it accrued to Lucia... She didn't know how to shoot a gun. He raised it awkwardly and leveled it with the door knob, and slowly pulled the trigger back.

Bang

The gun went off and a jolt went through Lucia's body, her ears rung and her hand stung. She kicked the door and it opened, revealing none other than the infamous Detective Edwards. He was sitting in a chair on the far side of the room, with a young girl chained to a chair across the table from him, her shirt was in a pile on the floor. Edwards seemed to enjoy the view, but the sound of the gunshot drew his attention. He looked up from his American beauty at Lucia and his eyes widened. Time slowed and Lucia could hear her heartbeat in her ears as she brought the gun up level to Edwards head. But he moved. Lucia realized a little late he was grabbing his gun.

Bang,Bang

Lucia felt a sharp pain in her shoulder and Lower ribs. She stumbled backwards and dropped the pistol, falling against the wall and dropping to the floor, gripping he bleeding shoulder. She looked down at the massive amount of blood flowing from her body and felt nauseous. Her head began drooping downwards and her sight began dimming, but her head was suddenly lifted up and she was face the face with Edwards, and his gun.

"Your that little bitch, Bailey's, girlfriend aren't you? She said so much about you. She was a doll, the same cant be said for you." He said as he cocked the hammer of his revolver into place. "You know, she screamed your name the entire time. She begged for your help, but it never came. Where were you when she needed you?" He said as he placed the muzzle of the revolver on Lucia's forehead. "Goodnight."

Bang

Blood splattered Lucia's vision, she blinked the blood away and saw Edwards, crumpled on the floor, A hole in his head. Ryan stood in the doorway, a shiny Nickel plated revolver in his hand.

"Shit, Shit, Shit..." He said, as he scooped Lucia up in his arms.

"What...About...Her?" Lucia mumbled, looking over at the chained girl.

"They'll get her. We need to get out of here." Ryan said. Lucia only blinked, but the next time she opened her eyes she was in a new hallway, the lights on the ceiling streaking by. She could see the bottom of Ryan's chin. "You're going to be alright... You're going to be fine." He mumbled as he ran. And again everything went dark.

Carmen Dominguez

Carmen reached out and gripped Matts hand.

"Were cool. Don't worry about it. Just don't let it happen again." Carmen said.

"It wont happen again." Matt said sternly. As he turned and walked out of the barracks.

"Alright everyone! Lights out!" Ann yelled as she cut the lights plunging the room into darkness.

"Carmen, wake up. Something happened... I think someone died." A familiar voice said, Carmen opened her eyes and saw Riley standing by her bed... and was that Taps playing outside?

"What? When?" Carmen asked.

"I don't know, hurry!" Riley said. Carmen jumped out of her cot and into her uniform, rushing out the front door of the barracks, where she found a large group gathered outside underneath the giant American flag in the middle of the green that separated the men and women's barracks. Carmen followed Riley into the crowd and spotted Ann.

"Ann, Whats happening?" Carmen asked.

"I'm just as confused as you." Ann said, Carmen spotted Mr. Stryker himself walking up onto the makeshift stage that was constructed here. The trumpeter stopped playing and an uneasy silence fell over the crowd.

"Friends, comrades, allies... We come here today to mourn the loss of a good solider. Mister Matthew 'Matt' McClain. Mr. McClain was found dead last night around twelve o'clock, near the front gate. He had hung himself from a tree after consuming alarming amounts of various pills stolen from the medical station. The causes of McClain's suicide are still unknown and an investigation is still underway. As my condolences go out to all of you, as I know many of you were good friends of Mr. McClain, please take the rest of today off. Your schedules will resume tomorrow. If any of you would like to talk, I would be more than happy to speak with you in my office. Thank you... Reverend.." Mr. Stryker said as he stepped down from the stage and an old man stepped up, he was holding a bible in one hand.

"The loss of a friend is always tragic... But find peace knowing that he now rests with the father in heaven. If you would bow your heads in prayer with me." The old man spoke. And after a long heart-filled prayer the group was released.

"I never thought it would come to this... He always talked about how he didn't feel like he was himself anymore, and how he felt like he didn't belong. But I never thought he'd kill himself." Ann said.

"This is my fault..." Riley spoke softly, not looking up from the ground.

"Come on Rye, this is in no way your fault. How could it be your fault?" Carmen asked.

"After that day at lunch... I meet him on accident near the car garage... I told him... I told him I wished he would just die.... This is my fault.." Riley said as tears began to streak down her face. Carmen crouched next to her and hugged her tightly.

"Riley, you didn't meant that. Matt was a very distressed man. Anything could've set him off. Your not to blame, he had his reasons... No one will ever know exactly why, but I know it wasn't because what you said." Carmen spoke softly.

"How... How do you know that?" Riley asked.

"Well, if people killed themselves just because someone told them to, I would've been dead a long time ago. Don't beat yourself up over this, alright?" Carmen said.

"Alright, Okay... Im fine." Riley said as she wiped the tears from her eyes and took a deep breath. "I think I'm going to go... Be alone." She said as she began to walk away.

"I'll keep an eye on her for you, if you want. You might want to go talk with Jason, since you were the last person who had contact with Matt. But if not, feel free to join us." Ann said.

"Thank you." Carmen said.

Choice

[Join Riley and Ann]

[Go talk with Mr. Stryker]

• [Go talk with Mr. Stryker]

Awesome Chapter

Mosaiah Amir "Your plans are flawed, Mosaiah." The masked man on the screen spoke. "How are my plans flawed? I went over it a thousand

• edited April 2015

[Join Riley and Ann]

Edit: My internet lagged and for some reason I posted the same answer three times :D

Mosaiah Amir "Your plans are flawed, Mosaiah." The masked man on the screen spoke. "How are my plans flawed? I went over it a thousand

• edited April 2015

• edited April 2015

• [Go talk with Mr. Stryker]

Mosaiah creeps me out big time. Poor Santiago D:

• Thanks!

supersagig posted: »

[Go talk with Mr. Stryker] Awesome Chapter

• Don't worry, it happens to me all the time. XD

finlander posted: »

[Join Riley and Ann] Edit: My internet lagged and for some reason I posted the same answer three times

• I hate to say it, but he creeps me out to. And im the writer!

[Go talk with Mr. Stryker] Mosaiah creeps me out big time. Poor Santiago

• edited April 2015

I know the feeling :D

I hate to say it, but he creeps me out to. And im the writer!

• Carmen Dominguez

"I'm going to go talk with Jason, see if I can clear anything up. I'll meet up with you guys later." Carmen said.

"Alright, see ya." Ann said. Carmen looked back at Riley who was starting to shrink away.

"Do you think she's alright?" Carmen asked.

"I don't know. I'm going to try to find out." Ann said as she began walking away, trailing in Riley's footsteps. Carmen turned in the opposite direction and began heading towards Jason's office, it was part of the biggest building here. It was a large concrete and glass building that stretched towards the sky with the words 'Stryker Corporation' written on the side. Carmen pushed the glass door open and stepped inside, it was oddly air-conditioned inside. A large contrast to the brutal heat of the Mojave Desert.

"Can I help you?" A voice asked. Carmen looked over and saw a woman sitting behind a desk.

“I… I’m here to speak with Mr. Stryker, regarding Matthews’s death.” Carmen said, making an attempt at sounding polite.

“Alright. Go on in. I’ll tell him your coming.” The lady said.

“Just one more thing… Where’s his office?” Carmen asked sheepishly.

“Top floor, you can’t miss it.” The lady said. And with that Carmen walked off towards the top floor.

……….

Elevators. Something you’d never expect to see in a military installation, but yet, Stryker corp. had them. Arriving on the top floor, Carmen stepped out of the elevator. It was like stepping into a whole new world. The walls were actually painted and were adorned with paintings and pictures. The floor was covered in carpeting. Wow. What a stark contrast to the rest of the base. At the far end of the hallway there was a door, with one simple word written on it. ‘Stryker’. That’s probably where I’m supposed to go. Carmen approached the door and stepped inside, silently closing it behind her.

“I can’t keep doing this.” The voice of Jason Stryker said.

“You can, if you want to live.” Another voice said.

“How long will it take?” Jason asked.

“You should be asking yourself that. After all, you’re the one doing it.” The voice said, Carmen detected an accent. But couldn’t recognize it.

“What do you want me to do now?” Jason asked.

“Well, seeing as you’ve done a great job cleaning up our… Mistake. We would like you to handle some more. Oh, and do the same thing you did last time, make it look like a mistake.” The voice said.

“Fine… Fine. Who am I targeting this time?” Jason asked.

“Well, now that we have Matthew McClain out of the way. We are left with only a few more mistakes. One, Miss Ann Holley. I’m afraid she’s caught on to our little arrangement; she needs to be taken out. Two, the young girl, Riley Peters. Ann has corrupted the child; she will never be on our side. We need to put her down before we have another catastrophe…” The voice said… What the hell is going on in here?

“No. Not Riley… Or Ann. Ann is one of my best soldiers, and Riley has done nothing!” Jason protested, with an edge in his voice.

“Do you want to live? Do you want to see your family again? I know you do. So shut the fuck up and get it done. Yes, Ann is a great solider. That’s why she’s so dangerous. And it’s easy to tell that the girl will follow in her footsteps.” The voice said. Jason let out a sigh.

“I’ll give the order.” He said.

“Wait. There’s two more. I need a certain Jacob Emerson dead. He openly hates the Network and our cause, and we can’t have that. “The voice said

“… And the second?” Jason asked wearily.

“Ah, yes. Miss Carmen Dominguez. She needs to die, more than anyone else. Unlike the others, who only have a suspicion of our arrangement, Miss Dominguez has solid proof…” The voice said.

“How do you know?” Jason asked.

“I took the leisure of hacking into your security cameras. She is currently listening into our conversation. “ The voice said. Jason looked up from his computer and saw Carmen standing at the door.

“Shit, Carmen… You weren’t supposed to hear that. ..I wasn’t expecting you… How about we just keep this to ourselves?” Jason asked, although Carmen could tell he was reaching into his desk drawer. Most likely for a gun.

“You… You Killed Matt. He didn’t commit suicide. And now you’re going to kill more of us? Over some crooked deal?” Carmen asked as she backed away.

“The girl has us figured out Jason, she’s much smarter than she looks.” The voice said. Suddenly Jason pulled a small handgun out from his desk and had it pointed at Carmen.

“I Didn’t want this! He took my family! He has my Wife and son! It’s what I have to do!” Jason said as he stepped around the desk and approached Carmen.

“You don’t have to do this! Just stop! There has to be another way!” Carmen yelled as her back pressed against the door, she felt for the door knob but it was already too late. Jason’s gun was resting on Carmen’s chest, right where her heart was. The only sound that filled the room was her panicked breathing and the sound of a cocking pistol.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean for this to happen. It was great to have you with us. I’ll see to it you have a proper burial.” Jason said.

“Do it.” The voice said from the computer, and Jason turned his head towards it. Carmen seized the opportunity and punched Jason in the gut, making him stagger backwards. She threw the door open and took off running.

“So the game begins.” The voice said.

“Carmen! Get back here! Guards! Get her!” Jason screamed, but she refused to stop. A man appeared in front of her holding a gun at her, but she just ran straight into him, catching him off guard luckily. Carmen knew better than to wait for the elevator so she flew down the stairs and began running through the lobby.

“Is everything alright?” The lady at the front desk asked, but Carmen didn’t answer. She flew through the front door, and the heat took her breath away. It was so much hotter outside. She continued running, sure at any moment she would be shot in the back. She knew she would be caught eventually. And she also knew it wasn’t only her, Ann and Riley were in danger. She couldn’t leave them to die? Could she?

Choice

[Get Ann and Riley]

[Leave them]

• [Leave them] Yes , you can Carmen

Awesome Chapter!

Carmen Dominguez "I'm going to go talk with Jason, see if I can clear anything up. I'll meet up with you guys later." Carmen said. "Al

• Thanks!

[Leave them] Yes , you can Carmen Awesome Chapter!

• Great chapter! I think together with all of Samu's chapters I like this specific chapter the most so far, it was absolutely amazing!

[Get Ann and Riley]

I like Ann and Riley and don't want to leave them behind.

Carmen Dominguez "I'm going to go talk with Jason, see if I can clear anything up. I'll meet up with you guys later." Carmen said. "Al

• Thanks! I have successfully put another twist in the plot. I wonder how many twists I can do before I screw myself over...

Great chapter! I think together with all of Samu's chapters I like this specific chapter the most so far, it was absolutely amazing! [Get Ann and Riley] I like Ann and Riley and don't want to leave them behind.

• [Get Ann and Riley]

Amazinnnng

• [Get Ann and Riley]

Save them! D:

• Thanks!

finlander posted: »

[Get Ann and Riley] Amazinnnng

• Ivan Korzhev, Dictator of Second Soviet Union. Moscow, Russia

"Breaking news, The SS Commander Viktor Vernov, Has been assassinated by what seems to be Network forces. Sasha Tarasov live at the scene, Sasha." The news anchor spoke. The screen switched to a view of a younger woman standing on a bridge somewhere.

"Thanks Dimitri. As you see here, I am currently standing on the iconic Golden Gate bridge here in the United States of America. Over in the distance is Alcatraz island, a former American prison, where only hours ago the commander of the Soviet army was assassinated by an unidentified sniper. Sources say Vernov was meeting with a Network leader at the time of the murder. Some say he was assassinated by a rouge Network agent, while others point to the Resistance. The Resistance are small groups of people here in the US, who fight enemy opposition behind the scenes. But the question has been raised, Why would the Resistance be after the Soviets? We'll keep you up to date with any new information or news. For now, this is Sasha Tarasov. Back to you Dimitri." She said. And the scene flipped back tot he news anchor sitting in his chair.

"Thank you, Sasha for the update. Up next, the brutal rape, torture, and public execution of an American Resistance fighter, by Network forces." He said as an image filled the screen. A young woman, a masked man standing on both sides of her. She looked sick, hungry, and tired.

"This video was taken by Network forces, and posted on the internet world wide." The news anchor said as the videos began to play.

"My name is Lane..." The woman spoke. "Three days ago, I was captured by Network forces after I attacked a supply convoy. For the past three days I've been beaten, tortured, and raped. I have had no food, no sleep, and little water... I am here to tell you, I serve as living proof. DO NOT oppose the Network." The woman named Lane said, as one of the men in the background ripped his revolver out of its holster and cocked its hammer into place, placing the end on Lane's head. The video abruptly ended, but the sound didn't. The sound of a gunshot rang through the TV speakers, and the scene once again flipped back to the news anchor, even he looked shaken up by the video.

"Lane was executed this morning around Six o'clock. This is only one Of the many, many, murders the Network is responsible for...." A short silence filled the room as the Anchor tried to gather his nerve. "A-after the break, Traffic and weather." The anchor said as the screen changed from news to commercials.

"What are we going to do? They murdered our commander." Karl said.

"We cant go to war with the Network. They are to strong. Am I am not stupid." Ivan answered.

"But we cant just keep letting them do this to people." Karl said.

"I know. We will cut all political and economic ties with the Network and pull all of our forces out. We will focus on building up our forces here in the motherland, in case the Network attacks us. If it becomes clear that the United States will win the war, we will aid the Fed's. If not, we stay out. I will address the public with a speech tomorrow to inform them of my mistakes." Ivan said. The public viewed him as a good person, he truly wanted to believe he was. But he didn't know anymore...

yeah, I tried something new. Tell me what you think about this.

• Very interesting chapter. Ivan is an interesting guy, he certainly is more nuanced than I expected from someone who is called Dictator of the second Soviet Union. Looking forward for his involvement in the story.

Ivan Korzhev, Dictator of Second Soviet Union. Moscow, Russia "Breaking news, The SS Commander Viktor Vernov, Has been assassinated by wh

• Yeah. He is. I made a good dictator. For now. I wouldn't expect to see more of his POV though.

Very interesting chapter. Ivan is an interesting guy, he certainly is more nuanced than I expected from someone who is called Dictator of the second Soviet Union. Looking forward for his involvement in the story.

• LOVE IVAN
    AWESOME PART

Ivan Korzhev, Dictator of Second Soviet Union. Moscow, Russia "Breaking news, The SS Commander Viktor Vernov, Has been assassinated by wh

• Carmen Dominguez

No. I cant leave them to die. Carmen though as she took off running towards their last known location, the lot between the two barracks. She wheezed as she ran, not in as good of shape as she used to be, but refused to let her body stop. Her hair flew wildly into her face, but she just brushed it away and continued running. Soon she was there. No one was around. She was standing alone in the field.

"Can I help you?" A voice said, startling Carmen. She spun around and saw the preacher who had overseen Matt's funeral standing behind her. "Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you. Why are you in such a hurry?" He asked.

"I-I'm looking for my friends..." Carmen gasped.

"Is everything alright? You look like you've just seen a ghost." The preacher said.

"I'm fine. I promise. But have you seen my friends? Ann and Riley, Ann's a little taller than me, brown hair, brown eyes. Riley's around fifteen. Green eyes, blonde-brown hair." Carmen asked the man. He repeated what she said and thought for a moment.

"Yes. I saw them heading towards the mess hall a few moments ago. They should still be there. But what's all the rush about?" He asked.

Choice.

[Don't tell him]

[tell him]

Lucia Martinez

Lights flashed in Lucia's vision as she struggled to maintain consciousness. Pain flared in her chest and shoulder, but it was now nulled from the loss of blood. She could faintly hear Ryan huffing as he ran through the hallways and out into the parking lot.

"what the hell happened?" A voice questioned, sounding miles away. Lucia felt herself being placed in the back of the car and the car soon afterwards starting down the road. The street lights flashed through the darkened night sky, slowly fading farther and father away.

Lucia sat up and rubbed her eyes, painfully aware of the gnawing pain in her chest, although now a lot better than before. She looked around noticing that she was no longer in the car. She was in a room, on a bed. An iv sat next to the bed dripping a red fluid into her arm. There were no windows in the room, and she now became aware of the fact that she was handcuffed to the bed.

"Good morning, miss." A voice spoke beside her. She looked to her left and saw an older man sitting in a wooden chair, his silver hair combed back. He was wearing a black uniform with a badge that said 'Chief of police'. At that instant Lucia knew she had fucked up. She lowered her head back into the pillow.

"Your not in any trouble." The old man said. "I am Andy Smith, the police chief here in Brooklyn, or what's left of it."

"I killed him." Lucia said.

"No, Ryan killed him, technically. But it doesn't matter. You've gotten rid of a big problem for us." Andy said.

"What do you mean?" Lucia asked.

"Well, you see we had reason to believe that Edwards was mistreating our prisoners. We just couldn't prove it. What you did by coming forwards and stopping him was brave, and I greatly appreciate it. But lets just keep that between you and me, alright?" Andy asked.

"He killed Bailey." Lucia said.

"Yes. He did. Her death was very unforeseen and her uncle was devastated by it. " Andy said. Lucia felt the tears welling up inside, but forced them down. She had to keep her cool.

"When I went in, there was another woman. What happened to her?" Lucia asked.

"Well, if your up for it, you have a couple of people who would like to meet you." Andy said.

"Send them in." Lucia instructed. Andy stood and left the room. A few moments later he came back in with the girl. She looked to be around Lucia's age. Her long brown hair was pulled back , she had brown eyes and looked to be about Lucia's height. Her completion seemed to be Asian.m

"Lucia, this is Azumi. Azumi, this is Lucia." Andy said. "I'll leave you two alone for now. If you need anything I'll be right outside the door." He said as he walked out closing the door behind him. Leaving Lucia alone with the girl named Azumi. Azumi stood near the door looking awkwardly at her shoes. After a brief silence she stepped forward and stood next to Lucia's bed.

"I wanted to thank you... For what you did. I-if you hadn't shown up..."Azumi shook the thought out of her head and gazed down at Lucia. "Thank you." She finally said. She closed her eyes and took a breath.

"H-how many girls did that man hurt?" She asked.

"I don't know... To many." Lucia answered. Azumi looked to the floor.

"I'm sorry... To hear about what happened to Bailey." She said, slightly changing the tone of the conversation.

"No one could've stopped her. It was her choice. Only if I would've caught that bastard sooner." Lucia said, feeling a pang of guilt, even though she knew she couldn't have done anything.

"I-I think I might have done the same thing... I owe my life to you." She said. 'I owe my life to you'. Those exact words brought Lucia back to a long time ago, when she had just met Bailey. They were young, it was stupid. Bailey had tripped and almost fallen off the play set at the park, but Lucia had caught her. 'I owe my life to you' Is what she said. Granted, a fall from that height would've only left a few scratches. But those words led to the best friend Lucia ever had known. Lucia was brought back to the now, seeing Azumi standing next to her. Ashamed of what had happened to her. Blaming herself for the consequences. She could see it on her face. Maybe this was a good thing. Azumi seemed to be the only person here she relatively knew, and it seemed like she could be trusted. And maybe a friend was what she needed, not just an ally.

Choice

["You Don't owe me anything"]

["I'll keep that in mind."]

• edited May 2015

[Don't tell him] DONT LOSE TIME

["I'll keep that in mind."] no friends for Lucia. Just depression

Awesome part!

Carmen Dominguez No. I cant leave them to die. Carmen though as she took off running towards their last known location, the lot between t

• [Don't tell him]

I don't know if he can be trusted or if he would believe her. Better not to take any risks in that matter.

["You Don't owe me anything"]

This seems to be the nice option. At least that would be what I would say if I wanted to make a friend.

Carmen Dominguez No. I cant leave them to die. Carmen though as she took off running towards their last known location, the lot between t

• Thanks!

[Don't tell him] DONT LOSE TIME ["I'll keep that in mind."] no friends for Lucia. Just depression Awesome part!

• [Don't tell him]

[You don't owe me anything]

Let's just be nice.

• Hey guys! I got my driving permit today! Go me! Also, I probably won't be posting a new part tonight.

• Congratulations, that's great :D

Hey guys! I got my driving permit today! Go me! Also, I probably won't be posting a new part tonight.

• Thanks!

Congratulations, that's great

• Congratulations, be careful and have fun!

Hey guys! I got my driving permit today! Go me! Also, I probably won't be posting a new part tonight.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.