EP4 SPOILERS = The Stranger's Identity? (UPDATED)

Comments

• my theory is that its athena, but not timothy Or vaughn.... the stranger is someone we know, and more specifically its someone that Fiona Knows well and not rhys... so that does narrow the choices..

Roymiller33 posted: »

Who do you suspect to be the stranger?

• yeaaaaaah i would agree on that.. i want to see them in EP5! pleaseeeee telltaleeeee :( athena had a contract. i dont think she would leave it there.. at least she would check up on fiona and then leavee for good :/ .......my only worry is BL3 wont be out until late 2017 or early 2018.. that WAY TOO LONG to see if they were re-united or not. :( plus gearbox HAS TO make fiona a playable vaulthunter.... or at least a DLC character, either way they HAVE TO :(

DeityD posted: »

I knew you'd like it. I also like that part cause you can see that Athena's brain working there and she's like - Aw come on, I'm pre

• my brain is not processing this info very well xD

Stranger is Claptrap, and I have 3 impeccable pieces of evidence to prove it. * They both have 1 eye. * If you get the season pass, yo

• i have read all of this, and wow you made some very good points, i would assume then the stranger KNOW rhys and fiona personally but maybe got lost from them or something along the way, why? because he seem to know some details about their journey that i dont think a random person would know.... based on your assumptions, checking out all the characters that were on the spacevan, the only person i can think of is cassuis and felix.... and if thats true, i dont want a determinate stranger based on our choices like GOT... plus felix blew up in my playthrough, how can it be him? it would not make sense to me... on the other hand i would like it to a vaulthunter who had appeared on tales..possibly athena? it would make much sense to me because she was with them and knows what happens to the most, plus it would make sense if because the straner mentioned the ''dome'' of all places, also the mark he.she said about killing rhys and fiona, tht he could have but never wanted to yet... idk.

• I have a strong feeling Felix is alive.... I don't know how he will survive the explosion but if you don't let him "choke" on it than he will be gone for the whole series. And he may come back.

Me and you both. I'm just saying it still could be him.

• edited August 2015

My guesses are either Athena, or potentially AI Jack, which could mean the suit is a robot thingy. Athena is much more likely, though.

• edited August 2015

i really hope so! mainly because i want to see fiona and athena again in the finale :( , they were a perfect match back in EP3, even EP2..... its the beginning of a great friendship! hope we at least see them in the finale </3

ponds75 posted: »

My guesses are either Athena, or potentially AI Jack, which could mean the suit is a robot thingy. Athena is much more likely, though.

• Yeah no cliffhangers. They work if there's going to be a sequel but as we know TTG will be quite busy with their other projects. :(

Mercyva posted: »

i think they can, but my worries lies in = i dont want al the information thrown at me at once, i want to take my town and possibly feel wha

• edited August 2015

Fiona is a "con artist", Isn't it possible that in fact the only real captive is Rhys? and Fiona is working with the stranger who could be Athena for example to extract some informations they need from Rhys.
    Edit: No forget it that was dumb, she wouldn't ask herself about the outfit of the stranger and that kind of things.

• I also suspect Vaughn but why would Vaughn knock out Rhys?

my theory is that its athena, but not timothy Or vaughn.... the stranger is someone we know, and more specifically its someone that Fiona Knows well and not rhys... so that does narrow the choices..

• No, he doesnt die. Because athena gets attacked by brick BEFORE she can kill him. Cassius is alive and sell out vaughn to vallory if you chose to let him die

BigDoktor posted: »

If you choose to let Athena kill him, yeah.

• Felix is most certainly alive if you didn't shoot him or let him blow up, but because those options exist, he shouldn't be a real choice for the Stranger. He was my #1 suspect, even if he was close to the explosion I mentioned how he may have a shield and that could have saved him thus making him a good possibility. But after seeing the video where he gets shot, proving he had no shield, then explodes, he was no longer an option to be the Stranger in my eyes.

KLVGAMING posted: »

I have a strong feeling Felix is alive.... I don't know how he will survive the explosion but if you don't let him "choke" on it than he will be gone for the whole series. And he may come back.

• Also, can we think of any character who likes lame puns?

Because The Stranger's "You were too busy saving face" line was just... terrible... (and yet I giggled), it actually seemed quite out of character? Or at least like they were warming up to us a bit and wanted to get in on the hilarity (in the lamest way possible).

• THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! it would be a real WTF moment, yet genius! because fiona is a con artist at heart, that would be in character for her, yet i dont think that would be the case... because in EP3 the campfire scene, she seemed genuinely curious about the strangers identity, even questioning him while rhys is sleeping! so who knows? but that is cool if thats the case

Citronette posted: »

Fiona is a "con artist", Isn't it possible that in fact the only real captive is Rhys? and Fiona is working with the stranger who could be A

• i'm leaning toward athena more! timmothy is just.... no.

kaza125 posted: »

So guys, who do we currently think the Stranger is? I'm betting on, either Athena or Timmothy.

• the more i think of it..... he/she is reaaaaallyyyy awkward. even that pun, even while intimidating Fio and rhys.... its just awkwardly awkward xD but in a funny way. he/she really dont seem to ''genuinely'' hate Fio or rhys, i really think just you said, that he's warming up to them.... mainly because i think of the way fiona and rhys are xD i mean did you see how crazy hilarious their ''embellishments'' are??? since EP1, i think because they lied so most of the time and the way they bicker, i think the stranger is doing the same thing, but its not working xD

Also, can we think of any character who likes lame puns? Because The Stranger's "You were too busy saving face" line was just... terrible

• Don't worry about that, it's practically confirmed. Fiona is already a VH (sort of) and that Eridian said you'll need all the vaul hunters you can get. I'd say it would be weird if she won't be a playable character in BL3. The same goes for Athena, since she's already with the rest of the Vault hunters, we just must see her at some point.

yeaaaaaah i would agree on that.. i want to see them in EP5! pleaseeeee telltaleeeee athena had a contract. i dont think she would leave it

• That's not to mention it was his idea to train Fiona and Sasha to become Vault hunters...

KLVGAMING posted: »

I have a strong feeling Felix is alive.... I don't know how he will survive the explosion but if you don't let him "choke" on it than he will be gone for the whole series. And he may come back.

• They actually patched the station out of that shot, I checked yesterday. Make of it what you will :o

Wow, that was A LOT of stuff! (And I actually read all of it!) The only thing is, didn't we all agree that Helios is still in the present

• i hope so!! <3

• thank God mass effect andromeda is coming next year! it will make the wait easier! :)

Don't worry about that, it's practically confirmed. Fiona is already a VH (sort of) and that Eridian said you'll need all the vaul hunters y

• really?! can you add it here?

binchys posted: »

They actually patched the station out of that shot, I checked yesterday. Make of it what you will

• Indeed! I can't at the moment, I'm not home. But it seems that they must have removed it in an update

really?! can you add it here?

• Yup yup you are correct! I just replayed it and Helios is gone! (Even Elpis...)

binchys posted: »

They actually patched the station out of that shot, I checked yesterday. Make of it what you will

• wuuuuuttt??? which episode? and were they present in older episodes? or were they changed?

Yup yup you are correct! I just replayed it and Helios is gone! (Even Elpis...)

• I just replayed the beginning of Episode 1, it looks like they just removed Eplis and Helios from that shot...I haven't replayed through everything to check tho

wuuuuuttt??? which episode? and were they present in older episodes? or were they changed?

• Yes i think that could explain a lot of little things and fit into the "con artist" thing, at this moment she seems really hate Rhys, she is smart and suppposed a vault hunter, i don't think she would be captured as easily as Rhys did, why the stranger hide his identity, why we don't see the moment when fiona is captured, why is seem more hostile toward rhys,etc. That give also a good way to narrate all the story, but the simple fact that fiona is questioning about his identity ruin that theory.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! it would be a real WTF moment, yet genius! because fiona is a con artist at heart, that would be in character for her

• its funny because when i first played EP1, i thought rhys is the vaulthunter.. seems i'm wrong! i wonder why he does not tho? he have a huge potential! i hope that he is..

Yes i think that could explain a lot of little things and fit into the "con artist" thing, at this moment she seems really hate Rhys, she is

• That awkward moment when you're like the only person in existence who haven't played ME (but in my defense I can say that I watched it at least :D).

i hope so!! * thank God mass effect andromeda is coming next year! it will make the wait easier!

• That's weird...I mean removing the entire moon? Odd. Or maybe Helios is gonna change colour or something is gonna happen to the way it looks, so they patched it out to avoid spoilers while they figure out EP5 0:

I just replayed the beginning of Episode 1, it looks like they just removed Eplis and Helios from that shot...I haven't replayed through everything to check tho

• I think they just got rid of Elpis along with Helios to make it a quick fix...I REALLY don't want Helios or Elpis to be blown up or something like that...It will make me sad every time I play The PreSequel :(

SCR4P-TP posted: »

That's weird...I mean removing the entire moon? Odd. Or maybe Helios is gonna change colour or something is gonna happen to the way it looks, so they patched it out to avoid spoilers while they figure out EP5 0:

• edited August 2015

Yes he has a huge potential, telltale did really an awesome job with Rhys and Fiona (the two are clearly amongst my favorites characters in all the borderland franchise and i played borderlands a lot, specially Fiona because i tend to prefer the females characters), i hope just this potential is not used to succeed to HJ as the next villain in maybe a future borderlands lol. But i don't think that will happen, i imagine a lot of people will be extremely pissed off if they had to kill Rhys at the end game. I can't imagine playing as Fiona for example and having to kill Rhys. So maybe he will be a vault hunter yes, it would be cool.

its funny because when i first played EP1, i thought rhys is the vaulthunter.. seems i'm wrong! i wonder why he does not tho? he have a huge potential! i hope that he is..

• edited August 2015

OK,listen.I think the stranger is Felix,but before you go and say things like "he could blow up" or "he doesn’t know about the biodome",Let’s just sort things out and talk about each one of them:

First,being determinatly blewn up:I don’t think he would survive by wearing a shield or anything but,could he have teleported?What I mean is he could have used a device which I personally like to call PFT (Portable fast traveler) :P,this device has so far be seen (at least by me) once in the whole series,it’s appearance is in cpt Scarlett’s DLC final mission X Marks The Spot,skip to 1:00 in the video below to see it:

X Marks The Spot

So,I think Scarlett found it somehow in a treasure or something,and since Felix is a professional hacker he may have hacked something to get it,and then teleported away right before the case exploded.

Second,not knowing about the dome:This could be really solved in many ways,eg:
    1-People have speculated that he is working with Vallory,and she certainly knows about the dome.
    2-Those gifts that he gave to them could have recording devices attached to them,and he checks them up every once in a while to assure the sisters’ well being.
    3-Like I mentioned earlier,Felix is an expert at hacking so he could’ve just hacked there ECHOs and checked on them like above.

So you’d ask why would he want to hear their story if he knows about it already.Well I say he just has only been hearing dialogue and haven’t seen anything after his presumable death,so he wanted to know details.

Third,what would he get out of all of this:I thinks he wants the vault while still mentoring Fiona.

Man,I’m tired of typing but I think you get the point afterall So,what do you think?

• pleaseeeee no! fiona and rhys will live forever. i like to think that they are secretly friends, but they have personal issues as well.... you know that one friend who you argue with A LOT but deep inside you love them? i think rhys and fiona will forever be a duo, after my heart <3

Yes he has a huge potential, telltale did really an awesome job with Rhys and Fiona (the two are clearly amongst my favorites characters in

• This is a bit of weak link, but I thought the immortality exoskeleton being mentioned for the first time in the newest episode was interesting - maybe a finished version of the exoskeleton is what the Stranger is wearing? God knows who/what/why though. If it was, it would had to have come from Hyperion, alongside the Conference Call.

...or it's just a boring ol' suit that looks nothing like an exoskeleton.

I'm a step away from seeing the identity of the Stranger in my toast/coffee/clouds, sheesh.

• edited August 2015

what you mean by ''immortality exoskeleton'' ?! .... regarding the conference call, i've been thinking about this A LOT. but i just thought of sometthing new, what if the stranger worked with hyperian once? OR (what i believe) that made a deal with them? hence he have THAT specific gun? i dont know. also that could explain why he dislike rhys so much.... because by now he/she knows about him being a hyperian stooge.... just a thought

blue_pen posted: »

This is a bit of weak link, but I thought the immortality exoskeleton being mentioned for the first time in the newest episode was interesti

• edited August 2015

blue_pen is referring to the dialogue you get when you ask Handsome Jack about that weird looking robot arm next Angel's picture. He says its an immortality prototype, but the test subject died in early development...that was pretty much all that was said about it. I believe that dialogue was hinting that Handsome Jack's "new body" is made out of this stuff

what you mean by ''immortality exoskeleton'' ?! .... regarding the conference call, i've been thinking about this A LOT. but i just thought

• edited August 2015

So, I'm not saying that Dumpy is the Stranger but...

enter image description here

There certainly are similarities!

• At this point, I'd believe it

SpaceGoat posted: »

So, I'm not saying that Dumpy is the Stranger but... There certainly are similarities!

• if thats the case, then dumpy did A LOT of work on his communication skills xD

SpaceGoat posted: »

So, I'm not saying that Dumpy is the Stranger but... There certainly are similarities!

• Ok, prepare to have your minds blown, people. You say, since the Conference Call is a legendary shotgun in Borderlands 2, no bandit can get it. Even though it CAN drop from random loot crates around Pandora. Also, if you were to go back and restart the game, before Rhys and Vaughn land on Pandora, a bandit atop a cliff with the legendary sniper, the Skullsmasher, kills a member of the Zaford clan. Bewm.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.