EP4 SPOILERS = The Stranger's Identity? (UPDATED)

Comments

• posted this is another thread about this topic figured I'd post it here too.

just replayed ep1-ep4 and I am getting the feeling that the stranger is the woman that's in the photograph with Felix that Fiona finds at his place. The comment that the stranger made about "yeah I know what it's like to lose somebody" makes me think they are talking about Felix. Fiona saying the outfit looking familiar makes me also think maybe it's an outfit she saw when she was younger or it's an outfit that Felix had worked on at some point. Fiona and Sasha had no idea who the woman was in the photo so she could really be anybody.

That's my current guess at the moment.

• I think it's general Pollux. The stranger is wearing atlas gear and the mask is letting him see until he can get some echo eye implants.

• that thought never crossed my mind. I just assumed he was dead right there after getting his eyes scooped out.

lordofsoup posted: »

I think it's general Pollux. The stranger is wearing atlas gear and the mask is letting him see until he can get some echo eye implants.

• You can live through that right? At least it didn't look like there was that much blood. He was the only person outside of Vallory and our characters who knew what Gortys is, and I can't see it being a character who wasn't already in the games.

Though I guess Zer0 knew about it, but he didn't know what it was only that it was valuable.

Smurfbate posted: »

that thought never crossed my mind. I just assumed he was dead right there after getting his eyes scooped out.

• you could live through it yeah, but then you'd need somebody to revive him from his stasis and patch him up I guess. It makes sense as to why he's looking for Gortys though so it works there.

You can live through that right? At least it didn't look like there was that much blood. He was the only person outside of Vallory and our

• THIS WOULD BE THE GREATEST TWIST EVER.

HAIL TO THE REAL KING - DUMPY!!!

SpaceGoat posted: »

So, I'm not saying that Dumpy is the Stranger but... There certainly are similarities!

• TH-... B--... !?

HOW!? I mean, I'm not asking literally how, that would require explanation if it happened, but... How are they so similar looking that this is actually believable to me, I don't understand.

SpaceGoat posted: »

So, I'm not saying that Dumpy is the Stranger but... There certainly are similarities!

• Gah, I swear TT's just trolling us with The Stranger now...

His/her/their height has been so inconsistent throughout the game.

They seem to be shorter than Fiona in ep 4!

enter image description here

Welp, looks like I'm back on the Vaughn bandwagon...

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Could the stranger be standing further back and on a slope to give the impression that Fiona is taller? they where walking slightly uphill just before Rhys decided to run so it could be the angle.

Gah, I swear TT's just trolling us with The Stranger now... His/her/their height has been so inconsistent throughout the game. They seem to be shorter than Fiona in ep 4! Welp, looks like I'm back on the Vaughn bandwagon...

• If you actually watch the footage they appear to be on level ground (or at least both on the same level) when this screen shot is taken.

Rhys makes a run for it, Fiona stays in place, and The Stranger walks up behind her until they get to this point - if anything, The Stranger is a tiny bit in front of Fiona when this happens. It's super weird.

OzzyUK posted: »

Could the stranger be standing further back and on a slope to give the impression that Fiona is taller? they where walking slightly uphill just before Rhys decided to run so it could be the angle.

• I actually am 100% on board with this theory.

He knows about Gortys and is looking for the pieces - and he also knows about the Dome before they tell that part of the story - which he would, having been the director of the Gortys Project, he would know the energy chassis is there. It explains the mask. The jacket even has similarities.

I am coming back here to high five you after ep 5, man, cause I think you called it.

I think it's general Pollux. The stranger is wearing atlas gear and the mask is letting him see until he can get some echo eye implants.

• The biggest hint in Episode 4, along with the statement that he has lost people, is that Fiona recognizes his uniform from somewhere.

The only person I have seen that has that kind of clothing was Cassius...but he doesn't fit the bill in terms of personality or motives. Add this to the Conference Call shotgun, which has somehow gone from Helios in Episode 4 to The Stranger's possession, leads me to believe one thing:

There is going to be a final confrontation between Fiona and Rhys (with Rhys being possessed by Jack) in Handsome Jack's office, utilizing all of the weapon stockpiles we've gathered throughout the series. It will end with Helios dropping out of the sky, and the Conference Call and Gortys being scattered all across Pandora.

The Stranger is more than likely taking Fiona and Rhys to where their surviving friends are located, and who is there will depend on choices previously made. The Stranger's identity will vary depending on who survives. For instance, if Vaughn traveled with Cassius, more than likely The Stranger is Vaughn in a makeshift Atlas uniform. If Sasha survives, she may have been the one with The Conference Call from Helios, so she too may be The Stranger. It could be that, if Helios is destroyed, both Rhys and Fiona assumed their friends were killed in the wreckage...which would explain the mutual animosity between them, as they blame one another for their deaths.

The Stranger being either Sasha or Vaughn would explain their interest in Rhys/Fiona's motivations, and how they know about the scattered Gortys pieces. If The Stranger is Vaughn, he wants to know about events he was not present for, and if Rhys was trustworthy. If The Stranger was Sasha, she more than likely wants to know if Rhys is trustworthy or gave himself willingly over to Holo-Jack. It'd be the only way to ensure that the story told by Rhys/Fiona was accurate, because they would have little reason to lie to a stranger rather than a friend.

• The stranger would have to be someone from Helios due to the fact that the EXACT SAME GUN that the stranger has is hung up on Jack's wall.

• The whole, "Has a conference call" means nothing, we have seen Finch with a Harold and a bandit with a Skull Smasher, so it doesn't matter

• edited August 2015

in my mind, i think it does. you see, finch works under vallory which seem like she had a big influence in hallow point or in pandora. even mord and brick were scared of her.. i would assume she would give her goons which they protect her and make her dirty work, good weapons and gear! but the stranger, we know nothing about him/her. he/she could be anyone! and the gun he has can say A LOT. i mean, why would you choose that specific hyperian weapon? considering the stranger is a mystery, his gun seem present throughout. i would assume its important

The whole, "Has a conference call" means nothing, we have seen Finch with a Harold and a bandit with a Skull Smasher, so it doesn't matter

• could be. but i'm more keen on that the stranger worked with hyperian ''ONCE'' OR had a deal with them. OR he got it from workingg with the likes of vallory, people like her have high infulence and could easily get a weapon like that. the easy guess that it would be a vault hunter! but thats just my guess anyway.

PoopBrown posted: »

The stranger would have to be someone from Helios due to the fact that the EXACT SAME GUN that the stranger has is hung up on Jack's wall.

• handsomeJack will always return to vaughn... its meant to be xD

Gah, I swear TT's just trolling us with The Stranger now... His/her/their height has been so inconsistent throughout the game. They seem to be shorter than Fiona in ep 4! Welp, looks like I'm back on the Vaughn bandwagon...

• i agree on that. his/her hight can change based on how the shots play out.. but even in thism vaughn is WAY shorter than fiona, at least thats what my eyes tell me xD

OzzyUK posted: »

• a determinate stranger would be a NO NO from me. i hated that telltale did that in GoT. pleaseeee NOOOOOO.. i think the stranger reveal should be the same for everyone. to me, it would cheapen the experience if it was determinate :/

TonyFedora posted: »

The biggest hint in Episode 4, along with the statement that he has lost people, is that Fiona recognizes his uniform from somewhere. The

• I don't think TT are giving guns much attention.When Finch fires the Harold it just fires a normal bullet.If it fired like it's supposed to Rhys would be missing the lower half of his body.Then again,the Conference Call is the only gun that was named except the Derringer.

Mercyva posted: »

in my mind, i think it does. you see, finch works under vallory which seem like she had a big influence in hallow point or in pandora. even

• I get the feeling that the Masked man could be anyone depending on how the game is played. It could be random

• yeah.. i dont like that. determinate stranger would kill it for me. it does not make sense, the stranger plot should be the same in everyone's playthrough :/

SilentmanX posted: »

I get the feeling that the Masked man could be anyone depending on how the game is played. It could be random

• dont say that xD we've been discussing his identity since the 1st episode. i think we'll be a joke if they dont know who he is until the end xD

• edited August 2015

THIS WOULD BE THE GREATEST TWIST EVER. HAIL TO THE REAL KING - DUMPY!!!

• kim does not approve xDDD

MrNoodles posted: »

Ok, prepare to have your minds blown, people. You say, since the Conference Call is a legendary shotgun in Borderlands 2, no bandit can get

• but... is not the woman is vallory? i assumed its her :/

Smurfbate posted: »

posted this is another thread about this topic figured I'd post it here too. just replayed ep1-ep4 and I am getting the feeling that the

• i dot think pollux survived thaat xD

• i assumed that rhys will have this arm instead xD but oh well...

blue_pen is referring to the dialogue you get when you ask Handsome Jack about that weird looking robot arm next Angel's picture. He says it

• I personally wouldn't like a determinate stranger either. It was a huge let down in the GoT episode 5, with the traitor being determinate, because it was exactly who I would expect it to be. I think it would be the best if the Stranger was always the same person. It would make the reveal that much more awesome.

yeah.. i dont like that. determinate stranger would kill it for me. it does not make sense, the stranger plot should be the same in everyone's playthrough

• I honestly now think that the stranger can be either

Athena or Lilith.

• lilith? i would assume she would be the least impatient person xD i hope its athena. mainly because i want to see her again,

I honestly now think that the stranger can be either Athena or Lilith.

• I Agree with the Athena thing lmfao

I'm not a patient person

It's been there in front of our eyes this whole time!

If you choose to go to Old Haven, when the stranger sees the guy fixing the car he/she starts listening to Rhys and Fiona yapping and when Rhys says "Old Haven" the stranger pulls the trigger.

Why did I say that?

That's because ROLAND and Lilith used to live in Old Haven and you know what happened to Roland.

lilith? i would assume she would be the least impatient person xD i hope its athena. mainly because i want to see her again,

• Maybe the Stranger is Helios.

• Yeah..Seems legit.

Now I understand why Jack stopped yoir production line.

Maybe the Stranger is Helios.

• thats interesting. also i'm not a big fan of lilith. thats my second reason to why i dont like where this is going xD

I Agree with the Athena thing lmfao I'm not a patient person It's been there in front of our eyes this whole time! If you c

• enter image description here

Maybe the Stranger is Helios.

• i mean..........i have no comment xD

ZapThroat posted: »

Yeah..Seems legit. Now I understand why Jack stopped yoir production line.

• Lilith is the answer to our prayers

PRAISE THE FIREHAWK

amirite? @FirehawkCultist

thats interesting. also i'm not a big fan of lilith. thats my second reason to why i dont like where this is going xD

• that was the creepiest BL2 plotline xD all i was saying; WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLEE

Lilith is the answer to our prayers PRAISE THE FIREHAWK amirite? @FirehawkCultist

• Lilith has shown multiple times she that she does have a lot of self control, patience, and restraint. The only times she doesn't is when she lets her emotions get the better of her. which that so far has only been when Roland is involved.

lilith? i would assume she would be the least impatient person xD i hope its athena. mainly because i want to see her again,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.