Ep 5 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3 Oct 20, Xbox One/360 Oct 21, iOS/Amazon App/Android Oct 22

Comments

• enter image description here

Nope! You have to commit to your choices and live with your consequences. Muhahaha!

• Honestly I'd rather TTG to make more seasons of TWAU and TFTB than make Minecraft, Marvel and Supershow, but I guess it's just me...

Good point

• Haven't even played ep 4 yet but i feel the need to contribute

enter image description here

• I want to be on page one :(

Oh god, that was terrific, can't wait for the -

OH, the finale, oh no.

• *sniff *sniff

I'll miss this!

• You have to do step one before you get to step two.

dpetersz posted: »

But first the waiting begins

• Oh no, the feels are back

Why would you do that?

mirashade posted: »

You have to do step one before you get to step two.

• Here we go. The last time we'll ever wait for an episode of this.

I can't handle this...

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2015

Because of games like Walking Dead/Game of Thrones/Marvel/Minecraft/etc, Telltale can attract a larger audience that will appreciate the cult classics like Wolf Among Us, Borderlands, etc. Think about it - a lot of people here that have played Wolf Among Us/Borderlands/etc were introduced to those games because they played Walking Dead or Game of Thrones (or just because they became familiar with Telltale in general from hearing other people talk about bigger games like Walking Dead). On top of that, Telltale doing bigger projects like Marvel/Minecraft also gives them further experience and more things to add to their palette that they can then use for other games.

Also, a game isn't automatically not as interesting as Wolf/Borderlands/etc just because it has a big name license to it. Back during Walking Dead: Season 2, people on the forums even had the opposite reaction where they only wanted Telltale to do games off of big franchises and didn't want Telltale quote-on-quote "wasting their time" with smaller and/or unexpected games like Wolf Among Us or Borderlands, but now the tables have turned and people seem to appreciate the cult classics just as much as they do games like Walking Dead.

When Borderlands was announced, people had similar reactions to the current Minecraft announcement where they thought that Telltale was just taking a popular franchise and making a Telltale game out of it just for easy money even though the source material didn't seem like a fitting choice for a story based game.

"We're also worried Telltale is handling too much. Back to the Future and Wolf Among Us felt like passion projects, franchises they just wanted to be a part of. Game of thrones and Borderlands are bigger names, making it more likely the company is just going where the money goes."

As a matter of fact, people even had a similar reaction back when Walking Dead: Season One was announced. If there is anything to be learned, it's that Telltale isn't a one trick pony and they are generally capable of surprising people with a good story - whether it's based off of a popular franchise or something unexpected.

Jacol posted: »

Honestly I'd rather TTG to make more seasons of TWAU and TFTB than make Minecraft, Marvel and Supershow, but I guess it's just me...

• Second Best? Beg your pardon but with that Episode Tales are my Number One right now!

Man, imagine the reactions people would have if one went back in time to a year ago on the Telltale forums and told others that a Telltale B

• I NEED EP 5 RIGHT NOW!!!!! WHAT THE HELL WILL HAPPEN!!!!

• No news yet...

• edited August 2015

After this game I realy think TT should do game based on Scrubs Tv show.

A lot of people will still treat Walking Dead: Season 1 as the first best in the end. Still, though, it's interesting to see people are n

• so what was everyone's first telltale game?

Mine was Jurassic Park: The Game, I rated it 9/10

• Mine was Tales from the borderlands, but i'm not going to rate it because is not over yet and... i'm a HUGE fan to Borderlands soo, I can't be objective.

so what was everyone's first telltale game? Mine was Jurassic Park: The Game, I rated it 9/10

• Nah. Blind Sniper means your plot armor ran out. You lost your rewind ability until it's convenient. :P

• The Walking Dead Season One

so what was everyone's first telltale game? Mine was Jurassic Park: The Game, I rated it 9/10

• And so it begins again....

• So... who's everyone's favorite romance in the mass effect series?

For me it's easily Tali.

• edited August 2015

oh please, Thane Krios (I love this assassin)

So... who's everyone's favorite romance in the mass effect series? For me it's easily Tali.

• edited August 2015

Here we are... waiting for the final episode.

Feels like it was just yesterday when I first started freaking out over the announcement of Telltale making a Borderlands games. ;_;

First Trailer

Here's hoping the final episode will be awesome! It's been one hell of a ride and I can't wait to see how it ends. The wait for BL3 is going to kill me...

• The Walking Dead Season One for me too.

• My favorite Femshep romance ( I called her "Rayn") is the Liara romance, with a very close second place for femshep being Samantha Traynor.

shioku posted: »

oh please, Thane Krios (I love this assassin)

• Also Jurrassic Park. :P

• Wow, just thought about it, it's been 8 months since episode 1 came out... I mean I know we were always complaining about how long each episode took to come out, but 8 months... just wow.

• Garrus! :D

So... who's everyone's favorite romance in the mass effect series? For me it's easily Tali.

• With any luck we'll be fortunate enough to get an early release.

Not rushed, but I hope it's finished, well-made, but released early.

• Oh my God, your avatar.

YES.

Just, yes.

Dapnee posted: »

I want to be on page one Oh god, that was terrific, can't wait for the - OH, the finale, oh no.

• So..it begins....

I love the waiting game!

• Sam and Max Season 1, can't rate it, it just has a special place in my heart.

• I can't believe after this it's over. I just want to say that I LOVE this community so much and all of you guys are amazing! <3

• Remember way back before Tales came out everyone was kinda like "meh, it probably wont be any good" and then all our waiting for ep 2, and now here we are, waiting for the last episode. ;-;

• As excited as I am for the last episode, I am dreading the time after where TFtB just becomes another TWAU, since AFAIK they wouldn't be able to make a Season 2 until Borderlands 3 is released and everything.

• Sam and Max

• What's that? I've never even heard of it (not sarcasm, I really have never heard of it).

Dapnee posted: »

Sam and Max Season 1, can't rate it, it just has a special place in my heart.

• Tales of Monkey Island. Even though games like The Walking Dead and their newer games may be better for their stories, the Monkey Island series was my childhood, and it will still always take the number 1 slot on my ratings list.

• edited August 2015

i really hope telltale make this episode like, SUPER LONG. because i cant say goodbye yet... and please not a cliffhanger like TWAU :( my heart cant take that!

• Man,I feel like their should be a Season 2 and I feel emotional I mean come on that Episode 4 Intro teared me up a little and the feels of this Telltale game is amazing.I am a BIG fan of Borderlands and I love Tales From The Borderlands sooooo much I just don't it to end the series,that is,so I hope this Series continues I will rejoice if they announce a Season 2 and man I just love this game a lot and it's my favorite Telltale game by far better than Game Of Thrones A Telltale Game Series I just not that into it.I want to have humor and violence and funny embellishing moments and choices that have a huge impact on the characters and the game so PLEASE Telltale Make A Season 2 For Us Fans Of The Game

TalesFromTheBorderlandsSeason2 #TelltaleIsTheBest

• It's sad that we were all complaining that we would never finish TFTB because of all the wait times, now we are all waiting for episode 5 to come, hoping that day will never come.

I REALLY hope Telltale decides to do a "special episode" like the Walking Dead season 1. That could wrap up the "future" scenes we keep seeing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.